• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

second new class concept

41 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This class has a very Chinese theme and design to it, judging from this picture alone. I think it'll be a spell or mage class, maybe with chained/roped or floating swords. I say this because that is how classes with that themed armor usually are. :D 

Edited by Junyoung

Posted (edited)

Looks like some sort of magic class? But I see a blade there.

Because we don't have enough sword classes already.

Magic blade or something maybe.

Would be fun if:

Some kind of ghostly/wraith magic class would be fun. Necromancer maybe.. raises enemies you've recently killed to fight for you.

Maybe throw a ghostly lamp as some secondary, which pours it's contents on a blade aaaand okay i'm getting carried away.

Edited by PandoraRose
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

So instead of Pearl Abyss working on multiple things at once, all of them should work on class balance? The concept artists, sound artists, etc. should all take care of class balance instead of their actual job?*

What an idiot troll answer attempt. : ] Guess you perferctly undertood what i meant. I assume you are intelligent enough.

Not saying, they already was supposed to come up with a "huge" balance once all awakening where out ( they said that at the time where the witch - wiz wasnt out already )

But ofc, they didnt did anything.

What is the threshold for proper balance?

Considering the actualy situation we arent even close to it.

Unless, you look to do your troll ( at see the previews sentence ), and considering you certainly played others games in your gaming life other than BDO, you can have a decent idea of what "proper balance" mean

Edited by woots

Posted

With these new classes it seems odd that War/Zer/Valk remain as the only proper frontliners. We seemingly have so many assassin/duelists and/or nukers/carries, why do we need more?

Maybe that mysterious second class will be a new buff centric class?

Striker looks like a duelist type but may end up being a frontliner. I feel like it'll be a grapple musa feel.

Posted

My hypothesis is: The new second class will be a '' female dancer'' that will make pearl abyss dance on money.

Posted

Next class will be a genderless ANDROID! 9_9

Posted

My Bet's on some type of dancer as well.

Posted

Male striker is the official teaser release for a new class. 

Posted

Male striker is the official teaser release for a new class. 

There was teaser for another one... Watch/read that interview...

Posted

Not saying, they already was supposed to come up with a "huge" balance once all awakening where out ( they said that at the time where the witch - wiz wasnt out already )

But ofc, they didnt did anything. 

That is still supposed to come, primarily with the "2nd awakening" later this year. Change of plans happen.

Q: There are currently 12 classes available in the Korean version. How are you going to tackle character balancing when the Awakening system obviously affects it?

Daeil: Our ultimate goal is to have 12 unique classes that are evenly-matched. We don’t want any particular class having a significant advantage over the others. All 12 classes now have Awakening in the Korean version, and we couldn’t help but notice that players with Awakening have become too strong, having an advantage against ones without it. That’s why we’re considering a type of combat update that will give Awakening a run for money. It’s sort of like 2nd Awakening if you want to call it, but this one will be focused on giving a boost to the main weapons whose power has been questioned since the release of Awakening.

JaeHee: The team working on the Awakening System has had their fair share of trials and errors. The process of making all classes to be evenly-matched is very difficult and complicated, and on top of that, every player comes with a different set of experiences and skills. Nevertheless, little changes will be made until we hit the sweet spot, and we’re expecting this upcoming combat update, along with small balance adjustments prior to its arrival, will get the job done.

Q: What are your future plans for Black Desert? What kinds of things will you be working on?

Daeil: As mentioned, we expect to get the balancing right with the introduction of the combat update. In the meantime, we will continue working on the life content making them more in-depth and more relevant to each other. For instance, we’re considering adding things like higher-level fishing and a new trading system involving your workers. Or, there could be an entirely new life content if need be.

This was from the Taipei Game Show two months ago. Some of the later mentioned things should ring a bell after yesterdays announcement.

And if they weren't doing anything you wouldn't even see a slightest of class changes, which isn't the case.

https://dm.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/645y11/killdeath_ratio_by_classes_higher_is_better/

Isn't it.

K/D ratio isn't even a proper form to determine who needs balancing and who doesn't, especially not when it fluctuates without balancing patches. It's also not like the ratios are that far off, they range from 0,8 to 1,5, and are missing a key detail: Who it was taken from. Were all players considered? Is it only from node war / castle siege? Etc..

Posted

Tera flashbacks and horrible additions that game has....

Posted

Its not whining, its noticing that instead of spending time to, for once, correctly balance all their mess, they just push new content all the time, meaning, even less "balance"

Criticism =/= whining, guess if one day you stop whine about things what you take for a whine, you might, maybe, understand : ]

Op literally said" they bring out new classes to milk us instead of fixing the game". That is not criticism, that's whining. 

Posted (edited)

That is still supposed to come, primarily with the "2nd awakening" later this year. Change of plans happen.

Change of plan can happen, but still doesnt change they barely did anything really concret for the balance beside really minor tweak here and there. After SO many time, that's everything beside serious.

And whatever if they want to do that weird "2nd awakening" ( instead of balance the base skills, certainly to have ppl grind 9_9 )  i dont see the benefit of doing jack sh#t and keeping the game in this very pathetic situation since... Oh well, since day 1

And, they also, have to be very stupid to not have seen the issue with the current awakening sooner, especialy how skill are freaking powerfull, how the base +2nd weapon count for awakeing AP.. etc. I mean lol.

( but lets be real, they just made that stuff to have a "mandatory" grind, so still have player still grind for main weap + 2nd hand, + use ton of money because artisant & valk cry in kr because boss gear and all their crap. )

That doesnt work to play the innocent after a "hey look lets do a skill with 2k% power that will KD + KD + AIR smah + frontal block and it even make me coffee."

Whatever if its certainly not an easy task to create / decide all skills, but its IMPOSSIBLE they didnt saw / get what would happen with such way more powerfull awakening ( not saying they also nerfed somes base skill from some class at the awakening arrival )

And no they said they would do a huge class balance once all awakening were release ( when the witch wiz one wasnt even released / showed ) its a while ago, and i'am kinda lazy to look for that, but i remember that correctly.

Edited by woots

Posted

This class has a very Chinese theme and design to it, judging from this picture alone. I think it'll be a spell or mage class, maybe with chained/roped or floating swords. I say this because that is how classes with that themed armor usually are. :D 

Seems like the class is holding a sword, and the part that is flowing down is just the costume. Dunno what the secondhand will be though

Posted

K/D ratio isn't even a proper form to determine who needs balancing and who doesn't, especially not when it fluctuates without balancing patches. It's also not like the ratios are that far off, they range from 0,8 to 1,5, and are missing a key detail: Who it was taken from. Were all players considered? Is it only from node war / castle siege? Etc..

Node wars, RBF and the arena.