• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Chat Limit, Still Too Short

279 posts in this topic

Posted

+1 on this suggestion. 

Reviewing the character-limit and the lack of /me or /e emotes is evidently on the top of the RP community's wish list. Pearl Abyss and her developers have the opportunity to create a whole lot of goodwill and loyalty by these relatively minor improvements to the chat functionality. 

Posted

Bump.

Posted

Hello there,

Pretty much as I just posted here, I've passed your feedbacks to the right people and hopefully we will see something good come out of it. Bare in mind, no matter the changes it can take time, but this is definitely something I'll try to push. :)

Thank you very much! As a Roleplayer who bought and will continue to support Blakc Desert typing out long, descriptive messages can be very important to our game experience! We appreciate this very much!

2 people like this

Posted

mockup.thumb.jpg.65dd7476c68b285535a904d

@CM_Jouska A visual mock-up for what I was talking about in my previous posts. 

I find the 1:1 friends chat maddenly clunky as well. The 1:1 chat could just as well go to a new tab in the already existing chat tab, where the chat windows can already be popped out if a user prefers. 

3 people like this

Posted

*pats the fluffy penguin*

Thank you so much! Hopefully our feedback won't fall on deaf ears! Just add a toggle for walk and I am set for life here!

Those are two things that would make me very happy as well!

Posted

Still +1, especially for roleplayers but also for the general community. I don't mind the channel limit but please please extend the character limit for local, group and guild.

Posted (edited)

mockup.thumb.jpg.65dd7476c68b285535a904d

@CM_Jouska A visual mock-up for what I was talking about in my previous posts. 

I find the 1:1 friends chat maddenly clunky as well. The 1:1 chat could just as well go to a new tab in the already existing chat tab, where the chat windows can already be popped out if a user prefers. 

I agree there that abbreviations for the chat channels would be very nice indeed. But there are already slash commands available right now, just less convenient. /party leads to partychat, /guild to clan/guild chat. /general to general etc. 

EDIT: /p for party /r or /w for whisper and /g for clan/guild works aswell!

Emote channel doesn't exist yet and should be added. Customizable colours and fonts /sizes should be added.
More options regarding tabbing yes definitely. And max line size should be 300+ characters at least. Resizing and moving chat should also be possible imo.

Edited by Smilebringer

Posted

Hello there,

Pretty much as I just posted here, I've passed your feedbacks to the right people and hopefully we will see something good come out of it. Bare in mind, no matter the changes it can take time, but this is definitely something I'll try to push. :)

I want you to know that you're a saint. Thank you for your reply and for looking into this! 

Posted

It would be absolutely amazing if the chat chat limit could in fact be lengthened significally, I believe that it'd be truly great if this could be done.

Alongside with actually listenning to the players and their suggestions, well in general that would in fact create a much healthier relationship between the consumers and suppliers.

Posted

Definitely agree with this, 300-400 up from 100 would be a very nice upgrade to quality of life. I can understand keeping the limit down to 100 for channel chat, but at least for other forms of chat it should definitely be larger. I was just talking about this very thing with my friend and how it's likely an oversight in development for the western populace due to the nature of Korean not needing as many characters to say something. I think we would all love you for this, especially role-players!

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes, please please please increase the limit!

1 person likes this

Posted

+1

1 person likes this

Posted

English takes up a lot of space. Please, we need the character limit increased so we can communicate properly.

Posted

+1 on this. Cater to us Roleplayers, Darn you!!

Posted

This is a must-have fix for the next patch.

Posted

Agreed. The chat limit is honestly pretty silly, it took me so off guard. Please increase it! It doesn't seem like it would be a difficult change to make, and the fact that you can make the chat window take up the entire left side of your screen means that larger chat posts won't drown out everything else. Please change!

Posted

I don't mind a character limit for Channel Chat, but we need to have it extended for everything else.

Posted

A quick update to actually show how awful the chat limit is. I cannot follow any of the RP going on because of how split up it is. So many +, or (c) or - to indicate more text is coming. Done my best to blur our names. I don't like posting people's names. 

2016-03-05_46434737.thumb.JPG.0a9ac93cac

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't give up! Keep this going!

We still highly support a roleplaying game that actually lets us roleplay! Give us an increase in chat limit, please and thank you!

Posted

Yes! All of this! It's not just for role-playing either! Having it be that small is just cumbersome and annoying. 

Posted

A quick update to actually show how awful the chat limit is. I cannot follow any of the RP going on because of how split up it is. So many +, or (c) or - to indicate more text is coming. Done my best to blur our names. I don't like posting people's names. 

2016-03-05_46434737.thumb.JPG.0a9ac93cac

Jeez, is that really how bad it is?

That's just terrible.

Posted

+1 this

Chat limit needs to be about double its current size.

Please with milk and cookies.

Posted

Yes please.

Posted

As an RPG, BDO is downright fantastic.
As an MMO, BDO is not quite there yet. Adjusting the chat limit is definitely the first humongous step in the right direction.

...pretty please, cherries on top!

Posted

The chat limit is definitely too small. Although I appreciate the channel chat being limited, other things such as party and general made it extremely difficult to roleplay/communicate with others in a PvE/PvP setting. Could you please fix this?

o.O