• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Chat Limit, Still Too Short

279 posts in this topic

Posted

+1!

RPing in a group was rather painful with the short chat limit.

Would also love the ability to move the mouse cursor in-line (with L/R arrow keys) to edit text in the chat input box. 

Posted

I agree, it's really too short for our alphabet.

Posted

+1 for this. Very awkward to be cut off mid sentence.

Posted

1+ Agreed!

Posted

Agreed.

Posted (edited)

Could not agree more! Make longer chat please :D

Edited by Mattfire

Posted

Just wanted to voice my support here! Me and my friends have done tests for the chat length and we all agree that it's ridiculously short.

Posted

+1! This definitely needs more attention.

Posted

We need to be able to talk. I'm sure its an oversight from the switch in languages but its quite annoying to explain anything in tiny fragments no less speak in any form of roleplay.  

Keep us literate Daum! Help teach the new generation that "U R Fggt, I H8 U!" Is not English, or any language for that matter. Allow us literate people to spread the gift of vocabulary to the masses. Please and thank you.

Posted

Definitely. I started a topic about this before I saw this one, too. As it is right now, the chat limit makes it impossible to RP. Even if you aren't a para-poster, you're still affected by being unable to write one whole sentence! I noticed this while I was simply in a party with a friend, making a comment on some feature of the game. I was surprised how short the limit was. I imagine it's annoying for anyone, not only RPers.

Posted

+1.

Can't even finish a single sentence

Posted

Yes please! Can't even have a decent "normal" conversation with the current limit.

Posted

+1

I need more than 75 Signs. 

Posted

I would go so far as to say the chat input is in no way sufficient for a western audience, the least of which is the character limit. I personally find it a little clunky, and basically unnecessarily re-invented from MMOs of the past. I'd even expand on it further beyond an increase the character limit. 

• Do we have the ability to create chat channels? I understand that using the term channels is going to become confusing given that channels already serve another purpose in game, but I lack a sufficient term to replace it with at this time. If not, I'd like to see player made chat channels be a thing. Functions include Join, Leave, Kick, Ban, Mute, Unmute, Password. 
  • Ability to specify text-based emotes. Such as /em or /em or /e creating text in a unique color separate from usual 'general' chat color.
  • Additional styling for types of chat input. "Chat bubble call-out for text in-quotation marks." 
    • bonus! Call outs for "quotation mark text" within emote text, with chat bubbles only showing the text within quotation marks. 
  • Ability to resize the chat input bar. 
  • Ability to move the chat input bar. 
  • Ability to specify chat colors. I'd like to be able to specify colors for party, guild, whisper, etc. 
  • Timestamps! Available in 12hr or 24hr formats.

Bumping this reply because THIS.  Roleplayers (And generally other players alike) need a larger character limit of at least 400+!  Along with the abilities listed here in this quote!  Emotes are a big deal for RP as well.

1 person likes this

Posted

+1

I completely agree!

Posted

+1
Needs moaaar.

Posted

+1

agreed!

Posted

I have updated the original post to include a few points that people have made throughout this chat. uwu Thanks all for the continual support, and hopefully with your help we will see some real progress. And, as an aside, thank you @CM_Jouska for all of the attention and care you've given to our feedback and and to the developers entire for making a great game. Here's to hoping we see a fix in this issue. <3

1 person likes this

Posted

+1 pleaaaaaaaaaaaaseeeee

Posted

The selective visual speech-bubble would be a nice gimmick, and user-defined chats are nice to have, but already relatively common by now.

Chat input length that suits western language constructs, timestamps, chat window customizing (size & color) and /emote (or similar) are pretty much mandatory - not because every user needs them, but they simply are a technological standard that should not be problematic to deliver.

Personally, I kinda want/almost need them all, except for the bubbly thingy. Please, Daum. Don't let this game be foiled by insufficent ingame-communications. There is literally so much to talk about and organize in that game!

Posted

+1 big please! FOR ALL PLAYERS!!!

Posted

+1 yes please! >,<

Posted

Definitely. I started a topic about this before I saw this one, too. As it is right now, the chat limit makes it impossible to RP. Even if you aren't a para-poster, you're still affected by being unable to write one whole sentence! I noticed this while I was simply in a party with a friend, making a comment on some feature of the game. I was surprised how short the limit was. I imagine it's annoying for anyone, not only RPers.

I posted a link to this thread, in case traffic was reading it and wanted to help offer support. :) Thanks for the thread in the RP forum, it is appreciated! 

Posted (edited)

Increase the character limit, or suffer the wrath of a thousand Jollies! Just kidding, only about ten Jollies could fit inside your character limit. :(

Edited by Jolly

Posted

Adding my +1 here. Please please please expand the chat limit!