• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Amity Game Question

18 posts in this topic

Posted

I used to talk to a NPC for their Amity game and one of the NPC topics on there gives a ton of Interest. However, I noticed a few days ago that their Sparking Interest level is really low now. It used to be something like 80-100% on average. Now it is only 2-5%. What happened? Do these Sparking Interest levels change weekly/monthly or is something else going on here?

Posted

It changes from time to time. Even while  you continue to talk to them. 

Posted

Any idea how often it changes?

Posted (edited)

Any idea how often it changes?

Dunno how often it changes when you're not actively carrying on a conversation. But during a conversation every time you hover over an NPC/Knowledge-Subject, there's usually a line at the bottom that describes how it'll change every time you use it. Sometimes it'll say "Interest drops every 3 times you use it", or "Interest increases each time you use it", etc..

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted (edited)

Can't find anything for this particular NPC (or most of the other ones I usually use in the Amity game). It literally just dropped over night from 80% ish to 3% ish without warning and hasn't gone up since.

Edited by Shinzy

Posted

If the NPC you're talking to has a really high interest level, say of 50, and the knowledge you're trying to use has a really low interest level, say 15, then the percent will be lower than if the NPC had an interest level of 30.

In the example I provided, the Knowledge spark interest percent chance would be 30%, but if the NPC had 30 interest level, the percent chance would be 50%. That said, if they we're reversed and you had the NPC at 15 and knowledge at 30, the knowledge would say 100%(technically 200%) but due to a bug with the amity game, there would be a chance that that knowledge would still fail.

This is why its important to use certain knowledges as they can affect the NPC's interest level - both lowering and raising it after x-amount of turns. 
The NPC's interest level has a bit of RNG to it on top of all of this, as well.

Idk if this helps OP, but this is basically all I know from self research into the system via trial and error. 

Posted

Um.. so you guys haven't notice that the values are set in stone and it goes through 3-4 sets of value randomly.

You cannot do anything to affect the interest level or points. 

There are 3-4 sets of preset interest and favor points it randomly cycles though. Maybe it's more than 3-4.  You can test this out by constantly starting up and exiting the game and you will see the same values start cycling through. Also any knowledge which is resettable ( I.E. monster knowledge) doesn't seem to affect the interest/ favor points.

I got S rating on almost all relevant mobs and the interest/ favor doesn't change outside of the random preset cycles.

You will notice there are 3 NPC in the old world where you are basically stuck Waving to (crio, dude in behr, and 1 in trent.). In media this goes up to around 7 or so NPC, Valencia a few more, and the blacksmith in Margoria are just better off waving to.

Hope this helps

Posted

If the NPC you're talking to has a really high interest level, say of 50, and the knowledge you're trying to use has a really low interest level, say 15, then the percent will be lower than if the NPC had an interest level of 30.

The thing is, this NPC's interest never changed. It was always the same. Yet a few weeks ago, his Sparking Interest was consistently 80-100% throughout many Amity games (100+). Now, it is always 2-5% (tried with 20+ games). I can't tell if this is some kind of mechanic or if it was just nerfed or something.

Um.. so you guys haven't notice that the values are set in stone and it goes through 3-4 sets of value randomly.

You cannot do anything to affect the interest level or points. 

There are 3-4 sets of preset interest and favor points it randomly cycles though. Maybe it's more than 3-4.  You can test this out by constantly starting up and exiting the game and you will see the same values start cycling through. Also any knowledge which is resettable ( I.E. monster knowledge) doesn't seem to affect the interest/ favor points.

Throughout the hundreds of Amity games I've played over the last 3 months, this NPC's Sparking Interest has NEVER hit something as low as 2-5% until this specific week. I understand values change, but throughout the days I've relogged before this week, I've never hit anything as low as a 2-5% Sparking Interest for this NPC. Not to mention throughout all the relogs this week, he has NEVER gone back up to his usual 80-100% rate.

Posted

Some NPC have mood swing, they base interest change depending of hour ig, day of the week, if an event is occurring, if  the sun is at it summit, if its a full moon...

Even the hardass npc like Freherau have best windows for when to do the minigame with them. The problem is due to how many factors can and may influence the npc mood, there's no database for it so the best we could find is: it's random, good luck.

Posted

The thing is, this NPC's interest never changed. It was always the same. Yet a few weeks ago, his Sparking Interest was consistently 80-100% throughout many Amity games (100+). Now, it is always 2-5% (tried with 20+ games). I can't tell if this is some kind of mechanic or if it was just nerfed or something.

Could of been nerfed but Idk. I've heard that after a while of constantly doing the amity game, the game starts getting really impossible to succeed in. Maybe that's whats happening?

Posted (edited)

Throughout the hundreds of Amity games I've played over the last 3 months, this NPC's Sparking Interest has NEVER hit something as low as 2-5% until this specific week. I understand values change, but throughout the days I've relogged before this week, I've never hit anything as low as a 2-5% Sparking Interest for this NPC. Not to mention throughout all the relogs this week, he has NEVER gone back up to his usual 80-100% rate.

Could of been nerfed but Idk. I've heard that after a while of constantly doing the amity game, the game starts getting really impossible to succeed in. Maybe that's whats happening?

That's not the way it works

Some NPC have mood swing, they base interest change depending of hour ig, day of the week, if an event is occurring, if  the sun is at it summit, if its a full moon...

Even the hardass npc like Freherau have best windows for when to do the minigame with them. The problem is due to how many factors can and may influence the npc mood, there's no database for it so the best we could find is: it's random, good luck.

DO you have a source or some sort of evidence? I know that your horoscope affects the Amity game, but I'm pretty sure that's it.

For reference I have done over 120 amity games with Mevo alone. I crafted 244 noble outfits, getting on average 2 patterns per conversation game. This was done over a couple weeks time and the values/ experience with the game was always the same.

I have npcs. like the alchemist in Corrupted Farms where I got over 1200 Amity points in 1 conversation game, while NPC's like Crio I was stuck waving at to get the right amount of Amity to get his knowledge. No matter what I did, I could not change the preset values of his sparkle/ interest.

The interest/ sparkle values are set in stone, with each NPC having an X amount of values it will cycle though.

Don't believe me? Go to any NPC, easier to do with one that you don't have any amity with since it's only 2 energy per game, and keep track of the sparkle/ interest values.

You will notice that the values are always the same within a "set" and it will cycle through about 4 or so sets of these values. Don't forget the NPC's favor changes too, which will affect your %'s.

Each NPC has a set of Favor Points that cycle as well.  This also works the same as Interest/ Sparkle and seems to randomly cycle through an X amount of sets.

I have all the knowledge that is behind Npc Amity and I have not been able to affect the interest/ sparkle regardless of what I have done. From resetting knowledge, trying to stack combo points in the conversation game, killing mobs before starting converstions, etc..

I have even started topics on here asking to see if anyone knows to how personally affect the Interest/ sparkle and from what we all have gathered it's pure RNG.

Hope all that helps

Edited by Pavo

Posted

DO you have a source or some sort of evidence? I know that your horoscope affects the Amity game, but I'm pretty sure that's it.

For reference I have done over 120 amity games with Mevo alone. I crafted 244 noble outfits, getting on average 2 patterns per conversation game. This was done over a couple weeks time and the values/ experience with the game was always the same.

I have npcs. like the alchemist in Corrupted Farms where I got over 1200 Amity points in 1 conversation game, while NPC's like Crio I was stuck waving at to get the right amount of Amity to get his knowledge. No matter what I did, I could not change the preset values of his sparkle/ interest.

The interest/ sparkle values are set in stone, with each NPC having an X amount of values it will cycle though.

Don't believe me? Go to any NPC, easier to do with one that you don't have any amity with since it's only 2 energy per game, and keep track of the sparkle/ interest values.

You will notice that the values are always the same within a "set" and it will cycle through about 4 or so sets of these values. Don't forget the NPC's favor changes too, which will affect your %'s.

Each NPC has a set of Favor Points that cycle as well.  This also works the same as Interest/ Sparkle and seems to randomly cycle through an X amount of sets.

I have all the knowledge that is behind Npc Amity and I have not been able to affect the interest/ sparkle regardless of what I have done. From resetting knowledge, trying to stack combo points in the conversation game, killing mobs before starting converstions, etc..

I have even started topics on here asking to see if anyone knows to how personally affect the Interest/ sparkle and from what we all have gathered it's pure RNG.

Hope all that helps

I didn't said that I have source, because I'm just a tester not a data miner (if you want the simple word, tis data gatherer, that involve extrapolation and lots of testing). What I said come from my personal testing and it's biased at its source due to doing it leisurely and not actively (because it's too difficult to try to doing by myself as I'm subject to high bad mojo).

I do not say that npc's amity game value cards change (they are constant), just that the one you're talking to use a possibly random array of their values from a list of possible array used.

I do not believe it's simply random on which array is used, because of maybe personal bias (due to my bad luck), and was only indicating that each npcs have at least a couple of array they can use.

Posted

Don't some characters used in the Amity have a buff where using them again in the next stage is different?

Posted

Don't some characters used in the Amity have a buff where using them again in the next stage is different?

Tis a hypothesis, yes. Not proven atm.

Posted (edited)

I didn't said that I have source, because I'm just a tester not a data miner (if you want the simple word, tis data gatherer, that involve extrapolation and lots of testing). What I said come from my personal testing and it's biased at its source due to doing it leisurely and not actively (because it's too difficult to try to doing by myself as I'm subject to high bad mojo).

I do not say that npc's amity game value cards change (they are constant), just that the one you're talking to use a possibly random array of their values from a list of possible array used.

I do not believe it's simply random on which array is used, because of maybe personal bias (due to my bad luck), and was only indicating that each npcs have at least a couple of array they can use.

I'm sorry, but this is how rumors get spread.

It's actually quite simple.  You can test it out and see for yourself.

Every NPC has a set number of values for their OWN favor, interest level, and sparkle level. Every NPC has 4-5 sets of these values it can CYCLE through.

Every time you start up a conversation, it will randomly choose 1 of these sets of values.

I have not found a way to change or affect these values, they seem to be set in stone, changing randomly, but always the same "SET" of values.

Find an NPC that you have 0 amity with and start/ exit the conversation 30 times ( it will only cost you 60 energy), keep track of the values and come back here and tell me if I am wrong or not.

You can do this over a couple of weeks and see if your "theory" is correct and stuff that you mentioned is true or if it's just random.

If you aren't wiling to do this, why even discuss it?  Prove what you are saying, I have proved what I am saying.  Look at my history of posts and you will see I have started topics like this and what anyone who cares to post have figured out is it's RNG.

I'm all ears, and would be excited to learn something new, if you care to prove/ back up what you say beyond what you "think" it is.

Please stop spreading rumors on what you "think".

This isn't aimed at you directly, but theses forums seem to think that anecdotal evidence= fact..... don't even want to spend the time to keep track of stuff to prove themselves right or wrong.

You said it comes from personal testing... what testing? I am full Amity knowledge cap and have crafted over 244 noble outfits ( meaning I needed 244 designs from Mevo alone for this) and this is what I have seen happen, over months period of time, with all the values in the Amity game.

I have made topics about this and have had other people verify the same that it's RNG.

You are literally the first person to say that it is affected by NPC mood, time of day, weather, etc... but yet refuse to explain how or why/ source except that this is what you have noticed.

Literally being the first person to say all this.....

Understand why I am skeptical and why I asked you for a source now?

Edited by Pavo

Posted

<snip>

Literally being the first person to say all this.....

Understand why I am skeptical and why I asked you for a source now?

Not the only person to discuss of this idea, tis discussed on other platform than this forum (because obviously the official forum isn't the only one).

Do note that I said in a final note that "the best we could find is: it's random", which doesn't really say much, isn't it.

Yes, the official forum is a pit-hole filled of rumors (that tends to be not true most of the time), I'll never deny that.

As for testing, you do have done more than me, I do it very casually (because I don't have a lot of time and because it become boring after awhile), and, like I said, mine might entirely skewered due to my inherent bad luck.

Also for the source question? Tis a fairly good question for anything in general :3

1 person likes this

Posted

Not the only person to discuss of this idea, tis discussed on other platform than this forum (because obviously the official forum isn't the only one).

Do note that I said in a final note that "the best we could find is: it's random", which doesn't really say much, isn't it.

Yes, the official forum is a pit-hole filled of rumors (that tends to be not true most of the time), I'll never deny that.

As for testing, you do have done more than me, I do it very casually (because I don't have a lot of time and because it become boring after awhile), and, like I said, mine might entirely skewered due to my inherent bad luck.

Also for the source question? Tis a fairly good question for anything in general :3

Cool, fair enough.  

Thanks for joining the conversation though, and honesty I will try to keep an eye out to what you said. I really don't have any amity to work on, but I'm sure with Kamasylve there will be more.

It would be so nice if it did work like you said, at least that would give us some "control" other than find the highest point combo and spam that.

I really like the concept of the Amity game. With they even made it work with players. Something like everytime you party with someone you raise your amity with them.  You get bonus exp/ loot drops the more Amity the party has with each other.

Anyways, thanks for chiming in!

Posted (edited)

Just so everyone is aware - after the last patch, that NPC I mentioned is back to a consistent 80-100% Sparking Interest level. I also remember that he dropped to 2-5% after a patch, so somehow these changes are tied to patches. I also remember other NPCs changing right after patches too (although not with such a drastic change in percentage as this one who went from 80-100% to a measly 2-5%).

Edited by Shinzy