• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Egg Event Crowding Out Hard/Sharp Drops and possibly relic shards as well.,

28 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I won't even go into the merits of the egg event itself.

But it seems increasingly evident that the presence of the eggs on the drop table for gathering (and possibly also fishing) has dramatically reduced the drop rate for hards/sharps (and possibly relic shards).

I am relatively fanatical about tracking my hard/sharp gathering rate, and over the last week my hard/sharp collection rate is 1/7th normal. In all the previous weeks, it was very consistent. 

Numerous times I have burned 200+ energy with zero hards/sharps. My average for 200 energy chopping trees was 1.4 hards/sharps. Since the egg event started, it is .2. 

Anecdotally, I've noticed less on the market which seems to indicate less dropping in the world overall. 

I also do not seem to be getting as many relic shards when fishing, but I don't track that as seriously so I can't be as confident in that information.

Edited by Cambios

Posted

This has been a problem for me in the past event drops aswell - not talking about increases, but new drops obviously.

Posted

If anything, I've gotten way more Sharps than I usually get ...  but here's the Catch, it's all been while GARDENING. (the one and only loot table you can't get Eggs in)

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Every single event somebody makes this claim. It's just bad luck on your part.

Since the easter egg event started, I've seen my normal average amount of hard/sharps remain intact. In fact if anything I've had a better week. This week I've found myself to be luckier than usual, and occasionally when gathering I've gotten the item I'm gathering, a hard/sharp, AND an egg, all in one pull. And Iv'e done that a few times. I haven't noticed a decrease in hard/sharps.

If eggs were crowding the hard/sharps out because they're on the same loot table, then I would never have pulled both at once.

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted (edited)

Every single event somebody makes this claim. It's just bad luck on your part.

Since the easter egg event started, I've seen my normal average amount of hard/sharps remain intact.

These two statements contradict logically, and directly cancel eachother out due to their Speculative nature. 

IOW:  you can't first say  "Oh you're just having bad luck" .. and then state that your own observations are the intended result when the very next conclusion that logically follows is that YOU are having above average or Intended Luck...   You are not arguing from a position of Empirical data or deconstruction

Edited by iller
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

These two statements contradict logically, and directly cancel eachother out due to their Speculative nature. 

IOW:  you can't first say  "Oh you're just having bad luck" .. and then state that your own observations are the intended result when the very next conclusion that logically follows is that YOU are having above average or Intended Luck...   You are not arguing from a position of Empirical data or deconstruction

You're half right. Sure, I'm not working or basing conclusions upon empirical data. However it does represent an experience other than what the OP is claiming to be absolute. But at the same time you're supporting (or selectively choosing not to refute) the opposite claim with the same lack of data? C'mon. Seriously?

Edited by DenverRalphy
1 person likes this

Posted

You're half right. Sure, I'm not working or basing conclusions upon empirical data. However it does represent an experience other than what the OP is claiming to be absolute. But at the same time you're supporting (or selectively choosing not to refute) the opposite claim with the same lack of data? C'mon. Seriously?

The word "Data" in this game should be banned, anything anyone ever has in this game is anecdotal evidence and the width in RNG is so broad, we do nothing but contradict each other and never get to a general consensus, I love it lol.

Anyway I agree with you, the drop rate seems normal, I'm on my second Kama Blessing this weekend and if anything, I'm getting more than average, it's all about luck.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

But at the same time you're supporting (or selectively choosing not to refute) the opposite claim with the same lack of data? C'mon. Seriously?

I never took a position on the OP's claim.  What I did was more clever than that.   I pointed out that if you don't deal Directly with the main Loot Table ... rather unexpected and unusual results happen.    (whether that means that this event affects the gathering Loot Table the same way for every person ... you have to really really really have a LOT of programming experience in Loot Tables to draw any conclusions from and mine are only limited to Modding a couple of games and I can't think of a good Test Scenario that would get the kind of Data we're looking for currently)

If I had to spell it out for anyone:  it's possible that their implementation during events doesn't Decide shard discovery so much as it just has the potential to Amplify unluckyness for some.  Especially where perceptions are concerned.  Others meanwhile will get shards normally, AND eggs on top of that

Edited by iller

Posted

Hhmm big words

1 person likes this

Posted

Like the OP I pay close attention to and track per energy pool collection data for my sheep murdering sprees for hards and sharps.  The rate has taken a dive since the eggs have been on the loot table.  Why is this happening?  No definitive answer but the item drop scrolls from 90 day pack made.me think on it recently  Somehow the presence of eggs on the loot table appears to alter the ability to roll for a more rare item. When popping one of those item drop scrolls I noticed 2 buffs.  "Item drop rate" and "item drop chance" which leads me to believe the loot system is a 2 tier roll where the rate determines how many total item slots you loot and the chance determine its rarity.  So in this case, if the eggs being added are occupying one of the slot rolls, they could be "crowding out" a slot that would have otherwise been only capable of producing a hard / sharp or fox paw at sheep for example.  Just my 2 cents feel free to bash my theory if you please, I just know sharps and hards are down for me in a big way since the patch and it seems the eggs are the more likely culprit.

Posted

I also smoke lots of drugs while wearing a tin foil hat

Posted (edited)

I also smoke lots of drugs while wearing a tin foil hat

probably explains why you contributed nothing useful to this thread.  There's no "tinfoil hat" about the fact that item drop chance and item drop rate are two different buffs on my bar when popping a loot scroll, I can screen shot it if you like.  The loot system is obviously multi-tiered somehow based on those two buffs existing.  Perhaps item drop rate only applies to trash loot. 

Edited by Chless

Posted (edited)

For a lot of the events I disagree, but for once I actually do agree with this one. As I've done 5-6 full rounds with 260 energy on Artisan 9, without actually getting a single sharp or hard.
I've had bad rounds before, but nothing like this. :)

Edit: After the small patch that came in I started getting again, so either it was changed or just a really bad round of RNG :D

Edited by Someone

Posted

I won't even go into the merits of the egg event itself.

But it seems increasingly evident that the presence of the eggs on the drop table for gathering (and possibly also fishing) has dramatically reduced the drop rate for hards/sharps (and possibly relic shards).

I am relatively fanatical about tracking my hard/sharp gathering rate, and over the last week my hard/sharp collection rate is 1/7th normal. In all the previous weeks, it was very consistent. 

Numerous times I have burned 200+ energy with zero hards/sharps. My average for 200 energy chopping trees was 1.4 hards/sharps. Since the egg event started, it is .2. 

Anecdotally, I've noticed less on the market which seems to indicate less dropping in the world overall. 

I also do not seem to be getting as many relic shards when fishing, but I don't track that as seriously so I can't be as confident in that information.

Just for data's sake I received a LOT more shards than usual the past 2 days. I don't think it had anything to do with the event, I just got lucky. I say it just to let you know that I experienced above average RNG despite the event going on. 

Posted

Was at priates all night today and drop rate was extremely LOW, but a shit ton of eggs.

Posted

Was at priates all night today and drop rate was extremely LOW, but a shit ton of eggs.

I'm confused, why would you Gather logs / herbs specifically from Pirate island?

Posted

I'm confused, why would you Gather logs / herbs specifically from Pirate island?

Cuz they have that Arrrrrgh! in them that others dont...

Posted

But the egg furniture is cute at least.. right.. RIGHT?

-falls over-

Posted

If you never used 200 energy before without getting anything, you were incredibly lucky and your luck streak ended now. Welcome to normal gathering.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

looting eggs gave me one shard so far, and i looted like 400 eggs.

Edited by Sanivia

Posted

Meanwhile I seem to ge brabbing more shards than before the egg event. Go figure.

Posted

100% true for relics, the hell you guys even thinking...  when you add 4 more things to the things that you get it dilutes all the things...  hows this discussion even a thing?

Posted

i agree, relics dont drop for shit now, eather fix it or the eggs have to gooooooooo

Posted

I bought this up doing the DK and candy events.  Right now I'm getting all my shards (and doing well) form gardening.  For my gatherers I'm just bottling my energy for until after the event unless I need the mats.

Posted

Definitely far less shards dropping from gathering. 

Considering how crappy the eggs are, this is particularly bad. At least the DK seals were good. :(