• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

I wish the Devs would focus on making more rewarding negative karma gameplay

144 posts in this topic

Posted

A TRUE Outlaw town or Pirate Island would make this game 1000x better.

6 people like this

Posted

Maybe a dedicated pvp channel and a dedicated pve channel

8 people like this

Posted

Maybe a dedicated pvp channel and a dedicated pve channel

Um, absolutely not

12 people like this

Posted

For 5% of the player base.  Resources better used elsewhere. 

8 people like this

Posted

For 5% of the player base.  Resources better used elsewhere. 

lifeskiller detected

6 people like this

Posted

lifeskiller detected

Because I dont agree with you, you throw what you perceive to be an insult at me?   Your assumptions about me dont make your idea any better.  

11 people like this

Posted

Um, absolutely not

Why not? It's a great idea. All the murderhobos go to the PvP channel, all the carebears will go to the PvE channel, and all the normal people can can enjoy that spicy zest that is the occasional PvP fight during a grind session.

As far as more options for red players, I think it would be neat if they made it so that instead of trade items being destroyed, they become lootable if the killer is neg karma. It would make pirate island a -----ing goldmine for red players, and if you made it so that destroyed vehicles did the same thing, you'd get more ship combat, considering poping someones ship on the ride back could net you millions.

Another great idea would be guild missions revolving around delivering some kind of trade pack to/from magoria that red players can steal and turn in for money as well.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

With node wars and the future miltia system, over world pvp is the least of their concern, and honestly, it's a game of aholes.

With the world getting bigger and bigger it's pretty much limited to very small scrims at this point, since even if you can find someone in red, it's like, whatever.

Karma is rarely an issue anymore, with so many channels, so many rules, and so many ways to make money and get xp.

Anyone perma red, is likely to be reported for harassment before they can live in red very long.

Edited by Kuu

Posted

Why not? It's a great idea. All the murderhobos go to the PvP channel, all the carebears will go to the PvE channel, and all the normal people can can enjoy that spicy zest that is the occasional PvP fight during a grind session.

As far as more options for red players, I think it would be neat if they made it so that instead of trade items being destroyed, they become lootable if the killer is neg karma. It would make pirate island a -----ing goldmine for red players, and if you made it so that destroyed vehicles did the same thing, you'd get more ship combat, considering poping someones ship on the ride back could net you millions.

Another great idea would be guild missions revolving around delivering some kind of trade pack to/from magoria that red players can steal and turn in for money as well.

For this game, it's not. And I'm glad the devs have no intentions of releasing a dedicated PvE channel.

3 people like this

Posted

why go red when you can just dec that persons guild?

2 people like this

Posted

Some people who keep wanting to be aholes and knock people off horses on the road I guess.

1 person likes this

Posted

This was actually discussed like years ago, sadly any sort of deed done that would benefit the pkers will imbalance the scale of the semi-open world mmo called Black Desert.

I myself even proposed  this: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/20393-hiring-mercenaries-for-protections/ which sadly was rejected because, well its because pkers would get an advantage. 

Though rewarding red players with actual rooms in Maiquun would be a huge, step on providing a safe haven. 

BUT the biggest problem here is, are the life skillers. Should there become any exclusive content for pvpers, the life skillers will cry about that content being unavailable to them.

Just wait for the future sandbox mmos, like CoE, AoC, etc. 

Those games will be true sandbox as in you can do whatever you want. Heck, I remember reading about a mini pk enable on trade runs, a way to play cops and robbers.

1 person likes this

Posted

Guildless

This was actually discussed like years ago, sadly any sort of deed done that would benefit the pkers will imbalance the scale of the semi-open world mmo called Black Desert.

I myself even proposed  this: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/20393-hiring-mercenaries-for-protections/ which sadly was rejected because, well its because pkers would get an advantage. 

Though rewarding red players with actual rooms in Maiquun would be a huge, step on providing a safe haven. 

BUT the biggest problem here is, are the life skillers. Should there become any exclusive content for pvpers, the life skillers will cry about that content being unavailable to them.

Just wait for the future sandbox mmos, like CoE, AoC, etc. 

Those games will be true sandbox as in you can do whatever you want. Heck, I remember reading about a mini pk enable on trade runs, a way to play cops and robbers.

It is very sad. Muiquinn guards also hit positive karma players softer than a wet noodle. Actual residences there would be awesome! 

I miss Pirate island from ArcheAge. It was small and hardly took any "resources". Sometimes it'd get raided by carebear do-gooders and everyone banded together. It was a lot of fun.

Margoria would've been a perfect time to implement a Pirate island. 

Posted

Um, absolutely not

why not? A dedicated pvp channel will have zero karma penalties. So you can kill without karma deductions. And a pve channel would be strictly pve.

5 people like this

Posted

u can already gank noobs for free kill at desert fogan cuz it's so close to outlaw town already

Posted

why not? A dedicated pvp channel will have zero karma penalties. So you can kill without karma deductions. And a pve channel would be strictly pve.

Because I like killing wagons and lifeskillers on the road

Posted

i agree!

Posted

Because I like killing wagons and lifeskillers on the road

Weird how you like to attack people who dont want to fight back. What ever happened to OW for competitive pvp.

9 people like this

Posted

1. make valencia great.
2. Jailing system for non desert areas, no penalties of any sort in the desert
3. instant better game for everyone.

7 people like this

Posted

Um, absolutely not

why? I guess being on a sever with others who are looking for more pvp is not your idea of fun... You seem to want rewards for attacking the under geared .. vs being on a channel of people more likely able to defend themselves ... 

1 person likes this

Posted

They don't want to pvp eachother, that's too much work. They want to kill those who have no idea how to fight back because it makes them feel like gods or something.

Weird how you like to attack people who dont want to fight back. What ever happened to OW for competitive pvp.

There is no competitive pvp, just false ego stretching. They gotta get off somehow.

9 people like this

Posted

People that attack afk people actually need to git gud and learn to actually fight against people that arnt afk.

Posted

Ok SO

You dont want to improve bad karma play. You want to bev allowed to freekill

1) lifeskillers (people that play the game a different way that you)

2) Low level / Low gear people (people that didnt play as much time that you) 

SO you dont want to PvP but just kill people. PvP is not this. You deserv a bad karma and all the "hard life" that can give. 

I think the PvP away from RedBG and from node war could be improve, BUT This game is not a "PvP game". It is just a important part, and people didnt come to do an activ and serious pvp activity there. because... the game is not this way. For a game mainly PvP i would go BnS for example. If you want see more PvP outside node/RBG... this game can have it easy... with "no PvP channel" (with a need to not fighting PvP during 15 min before able to go this channel)

If you cant admit people that would like the game a different way you want the game to be. The matter is not how the game is now but you

Posted

Any change that will add more gameplay options for people is step in right direction... They are adding board games and simulators, new lifeskills, expanding world.. I see no reason to not expand players option of playstyle...

Ofc there has to be drawbacks as well... Cant be much better than classic style, otherwise game will again become uniformed in this way... Many almsot equally good options is what is best...

Btw ----- you carebears and your PvE channels... I am mostly lifeskiller/explorer myself and i dont understand just how shameless you can be with these stupid ideas...

Posted

It absolutely isn't. It funnels more people into certain channels and does nothing to fix the current issues. It also removes pvp completely from some channels. This game was designed around competing for grind spots. Sadly, they removed the idea to help the noobier players and didn't do anything to balance it out for the rest of us, who actually believe in pvp and don't just want everything handed to us just for showing up.