• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
      ¬† Wie wir bereits angek√ľndigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr m√∂glich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschlie√üen, k√∂nnt Ihr noch f√ľr zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM √ľbernimmt vollst√§ndig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angek√ľndigt k√∂nen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beitr√§ge mehr ver√∂ffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventuri√®res, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous pla√ģt, il est grand temps de d√©m√©nager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalit√©s ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent d√®s √† pr√©sent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bient√īt dans notre nouveau chez nous

NERF dark knight

32 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Because i am a fortune teller ūüėČ

Edited by Angryman

Posted

They wont nerf strong classes instead they will buff the weaker ones.

Posted

large.jpg

Posted

It is almost time fellow DK's, soon all of BDO will belong to us :D

Posted (edited)

Relish that salt, ladies and gentlemen ( but still ladies). Don't be mean to valks though. 

Edited by Beeso

Posted (edited)

Because i am a fortune teller ūüėČ

You don't need to be a fortune teller. You just have to play KR too :); or read what Pearl Abyss, the developer of the game said about the class, aka that it's far stronger than the other classes in the game, and even stronger than wizard but not by a big difference.

Edited by Chun-Chun

Posted

You don't need to be a fortune teller. You just have to play KR too :); or read what Pearl Abyss, the developer of the game said about the class, aka that it's far stronger than the other classes in the game, and even stronger than wizard but not by a big difference.

they didn't say stronger, it has a higher k/d ratio, which kinda makes sense considering its a long range glass cannon

Posted (edited)

they didn't say stronger, it has a higher k/d ratio, which kinda makes sense considering its a long range glass cannon

It's melee with 2 ranged abilities. 

Pls.

Higher K/D ratio translates into a stronger class. In case you didn't notice, pvp in this game is about who kills who; not about who shares more flowers to their friends.

Don't be moronic.

Edited by Chun-Chun
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The awakening has a few more than 2 ranged abilities.

Edited by FreshMango55

Posted

Pls.

Higher K/D ratio translates into a stronger class. In case you didn't notice, pvp in this game is about who kills who; not about who shares more flowers to their friends.

Don't be moronic.

each class should own its role. back line damage spikers are going to have higher k/d hence the wiz/dk being higher. that chart wasn't pulled from 1v1s, it was pulled from conquest where tactics play a large part.

3 people like this

Posted

Pls.

Pls. 

for real though. definitely melee all the way. i dont understand where the misconception came from. 

Posted

k/d ratios are a pretty dumb way to balance classes

expecting your front line to kill as many people as the backline is just boggling

Posted (edited)

Pls. 

for real though. definitely melee all the way. i dont understand where the misconception came from. 

Watch this video then tell me it's a primarily melee class again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwRxFh8eVoo&t=267s

This statement is backwards more like it's ranged with a couple melee abilities in awakening. 

Edited by FreshMango55

Posted

inb4 people complain about shit damage and no accuracy and blame it on the class, just like they did with kuno and other shit tier classes

Posted

Pls.

Don't be moronic.

Zerkers are the 3rd worst class in the game then.

3 people like this

Posted

Zerkers are the 3rd worst class in the game then.

Hahahahahahahahaha

If they balance the game based on KDR they are quickly going to break the game.

Posted (edited)

it's a primarily melee class again. 

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/immacommunity/images/3/3a/Misc-got-a-badass-over-here-l.png/revision/latest?cb=20130822012312

For me DK is a melee class with some ranged skills but you end using those ranged skills because you have enough damage to burst someone with it.

It's like ranger pre awakening being a long ranged class but because shotgun>all you are a medium ranged class.

Edited by Edremis

Posted

it's a primarily melee class again. 

You must be blind then.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/immacommunity/images/3/3a/Misc-got-a-badass-over-here-l.png/revision/latest?cb=20130822012312

For me DK is a melee class with some ranged skills but you end using those ranged skills because you have enough damage to burst someone with it.

It's like ranger pre awakening being a long ranged class but because shotgun>all you are a medium ranged class.

When I'm talking about it being a ranged class, I'm referring exclusively to how it's played in PVP. How it plays in PVE doesn't much matter, every single class plays differently in PVE than it does in PVP. In PVP the class is unmistakable a primarily ranged class, if you think otherwise you either have never played the awakening or haven't researched properly into the class.

Posted

You must be blind then.

When I'm talking about it being a ranged class, I'm referring exclusively to how it's played in PVP. How it plays in PVE doesn't much matter, every single class plays differently in PVE than it does in PVP. In PVP the class is unmistakable a primarily ranged class, if you think otherwise you either have never played the awakening or haven't researched properly into the class.

Again. If you couldn't burst someone in PvP just with ranged skills you have to use your melee skills.

I know it's played ranged for PvP but just because of the insane damage. A true ranged weapon (rangers bow) wasn't really long ranged despite all the ranged skills.

Posted (edited)

Again. If you couldn't burst someone in PvP just with ranged skills you have to use your melee skills.

I know it's played ranged for PvP but just because of the insane damage. A true ranged weapon (rangers bow) wasn't really long ranged despite all the ranged skills.

If the majority of your time in combat is spent kiting people so that you can hit them with abilities that can be used outside of the other players attack range I consider that a ranged class.

The play style is that of a ranged class with a few melee finishing abilities that can be used selectively. 

Edited by FreshMango55
1 person likes this

Posted

amtjAhE.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

NERFFFFFFFFF:

DK, MUSA, MAEHWA, TAMER, KUNOICHI, SORCERESS, NINJA, BERSERKER, WARRIOR, WITCH, WIZARD

WHY?

Because i play the VALKYRIE !

88d02d711b1be8733bcb52d5050c5457.png

4 people like this

Posted

^  lol