• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Musa PVP discussion

88 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So, there are a lot of posts where we discuss if Musa is good or not, but I feel like we just don't have a solid Musa PVP discussion forum post. Hence this has been introduced. I was thinking something along the lines of a discussion post, and depending on the tips and tricks, I will update the main post, so it's in an easy to access and reliable source of information for new and old Musa players alike.

The topics I want to cover:

1) Skill add on Options: BIS, Good, Don't

2) Combos + Scenarios and certain animation cancels that are not known(we have discussed a few recently)

3) Matchups (I think this is some of the more important ones, cus we find ourselves having to play so differently against block classes as compared to non block as well as long range cast classes vs instant in your face classes.

Again, this is a purely pvp post, so I would not recommend people to follow this in Skill add ons and what not for PVE. 

Lemme know if I missed something.

Edited by Kayray

Posted (edited)

Bobo, please stop trolling, thanks.

Back to subject:

1) For addons, this is what i personally use (picture attached).

My reasoning behind: Stub arrow because it's the most common arrow i use (triple shot), Accuracy increase doesn't need explanation, and Mov speed debuff in case our next cc doesn't go in, always help. Dragon bite is a no brainer too, it's the next cc after an arrow. Same goes fro Blooming, These are the only non awk skills i find myself using the most, so i get the most out of these 3 addons.

2) For combos, i made a guide showing some popular and easy to pull combos weeks ago: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6wj5NDpPfc . Some animation cancels i don't show here are: Fiery angel into Backflow, which is the only useful one i can think of now. Another Good fiery angel combo is Fiery angel>Crust Crusher>Foul Play (or adapt if not 59 for BTB or something).

3) Matchups, this is my personal point of view, so i'll say here what are my thoughts and difficulty regarding these match ups in a scale of Easy-Medium-Hard-Very Hard.

Warrior - Very Hard: We all pretty much know about this one being a nemesis to us, non awk skills are hardly discourage aside from bloomign when you're certain he's on non awk stance. Same idea, i made a little "Tips and tricks" videos about how I personally confront warriors: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZU_Y1IUP84&t=4s

Sorceress - Medium: This is a very "equal" matchup somehow, because while sorcs can be very evasive they are stamina restrained just like us, they are vulenrable to arrows (And that's why she's in medium and not hard), and we know arrow combos are our strongest ones, 1 arrow is pretyt much GG.

Ranger - Medium to Hard: This is a little bit person dependant, i've found very skilled rangers that offers me a Medium difficulty, while others offering me a Hard difficulty, Some Rangres the moment you come close to them (i.e: trying to get a catch with BtB) will grab you instantly, so approaching these rangers need to be done with a fore-cc. This class is highly vulnerable to arrows, remember to take your distance ans they can gap close insanely well with (Breezy blade+Rushing Wind) into your shooting motion and it's GG.

Berserker - Medium: Hear me out, some people woudl classify them as Hard, but the fact they ca be highly vulenrable to arrows makes them Medium to me. If we don't want to get grabbed, they won't grab us, unless we start to crosscut around them, try to look for clean cc's and they should be no problem (by clean i don't mean a cc from BtB, but an arrow, Musa shout, etc...). Their healigns are very weak against us because our high mobility allow us to instantly get to their backs and cancel it.

Tamer - Easy to Medium: This particular match up is dangerous, if you get cc'd once, you're dead, no matter what, Tamers have one of the strongest combos in 1v1. But they're also somewhat vulnerable, they lack a lot of SA and are mostly made of FG, try to catch em with SA  combo, poke with Foul play to try to get a Fiery angel follow up, i've found them somewhat easy to cc with our SA combos.

Musa - N/A: No comments on mirror match, you know when you're vulnerable and what to exploit, most of the cases i'll wait out for them to engage, the more aggresive the musa is vs another musa the more vulnerable he is.

Maehwa - Medium: We have the mobility to counter their mobility, and we shouldn't be able to get cc''d unless we ----- up hard, they have better burst, but we can catch them more easily, they lack SA, and are filled with FG, exploit their backs.

Valkyrie - Hard: A little bit like warriors, but one level down in difficulty simply because their block is not SA, so they can get cc'd from the back, same as warrior, no non-awk skills aside from blooming, or Dbite to the back (if you're very skilled). The general idea is to crosscut around them Q+Lmb'ing to their backs constantly.

Witch - Hard: This one could go up to very hard if they're on similar gear or highly outgear you, the class scales insanely high with AP, don't attack her when she's doing any electric skill they are all SA (and she will outdmg you on a SA fight hands down), she is mostly made of FG while doing Earth skills, that's your call to go to their backs, be fast, as their electric skills are usually 7-10 secs only.

Wizzard - Hard: They can be caught with arrows, and we know what tha means, bait out their Aqua Prison or hellfire which are SA's. I need more practice vs this class 1v1, so this is all the knowledge i have for now.

Ninja - Medium: This highly depend on the ninja skill (and most of them are garbage), they can be caught with arrows, but it's a bit tricky, play with your aoe's, and crosscut spam very little, they can get to our backs insanely quick, careful with those Crust crushers.

Kunoichi - Medium: Can be caught somewhat more easily than ninja with arrows, but she has a big amount of SA/FG, and insane 1v1 damage as well, if you see a block jump, just dash around, don't keep walign backwards....Underplayed class, usually doesn't give me troubles.

Dark Knight - ? : Haven't had a match yet.

Addons.jpg

Edited by SinisterSaints
3 people like this

Posted

Thanks for info! Time to win!!!

Posted

This is super comprehensive 

I've been experimenting a bit with projection/counter assassination skill add on and its been working pretty well with the accuracy. I quite like the twister add on, I always felt that the crust crusher add on, while being very good was on too long of a cooldown. This is a clean and efficient way of getting around it. Personally BTB is BiS. Can't really do w/o those exact add ons for pvp. I like crosscut a lot especially for the attack speed, but adding pvp damage to it just seems very underwhelming and everything else is just meh.

For Matchups, any class with a resting frontal block and a dash is a pain for me. I find myself not being able to arrow them a lot, cus 1) its useless and 2) if you are using it and they notice classes like tamer can straight up jump you with their SA. What i found to be a neat way to get through them, is the fiery angel a bit to their side and use BF off of it to stagger them then crosscut into stun--> first hit of spinner into crush crusher combo(with slotted crust crusher). And i could swear that valk has block from the back too. The one thing their block doesn't have is the lack of animation cancel into and out of block and the lingering SA when block is down that warriors have. Apart from that I think they are 360 too.

Also against classes with dashes, and easy lifts/ grapples, just don't use crust crusher to start combo off, or harass. It ends very badly T.T

Posted

This is super comprehensive 

I've been experimenting a bit with projection/counter assassination skill add on and its been working pretty well with the accuracy. I quite like the twister add on, I always felt that the crust crusher add on, while being very good was on too long of a cooldown. This is a clean and efficient way of getting around it. Personally BTB is BiS. Can't really do w/o those exact add ons for pvp. I like crosscut a lot especially for the attack speed, but adding pvp damage to it just seems very underwhelming and everything else is just meh.

For Matchups, any class with a resting frontal block and a dash is a pain for me. I find myself not being able to arrow them a lot, cus 1) its useless and 2) if you are using it and they notice classes like tamer can straight up jump you with their SA. What i found to be a neat way to get through them, is the fiery angel a bit to their side and use BF off of it to stagger them then crosscut into stun--> first hit of spinner into crush crusher combo(with slotted crust crusher). And i could swear that valk has block from the back too. The one thing their block doesn't have is the lack of animation cancel into and out of block and the lingering SA when block is down that warriors have. Apart from that I think they are 360 too.

Also against classes with dashes, and easy lifts/ grapples, just don't use crust crusher to start combo off, or harass. It ends very badly T.T

whoever told you valk was not 360 no cc isnt right, their normal block stance is 360 no cc with only dmg from the back; i've had arguements with several valks saying their block isnt 360 no cc..........

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Addons -

dc5ee63ced4fcf6c961a44ab4eb878f4.png

All pretty self explanitory I think.

Combos are pretty personal, but for 1v1 I use rotate crosscut>backflow>twister>btb as a super armour/front guard trade. Unless baiting NEVER start with CrustCrusher.

Match ups are pretty much the same as sinister. (assuming duels without pots)

Warrior: Timing is everything in this fight, you have to block the debuffs from grave digging, (even if you have have any actual block left using a front guard skill still blocks the debuffs, you take full damage but those debuffs are cancer) Trying to make them use headchase twice in row or baiting solar flare into our Q is the best way to CC them.

Valk: Currently with their bugged block this is an easy match up, watch out for their charge, if you use a front guard on it they will CC you and then its kinda GG.

Ranger: If the ranger knows what they are doing you are kinda screwed. Baiting their awakening spells and getting behind them is the best way to fight them. They only have a few SA skills, 90% are front guard. If they run evasion you better have an acc offhand.

Zerker: Depends on how the zerker plays, if they are grab bots then GGWP, esc>esc. They will just wait for you to BTB then grab you, if are just grab bots keep away from them and try to catch a sneaky arrow. If they run away to heal wait 1/2 seconds and then get to their back and use BTB. The only one that can't be cancelled is when they jump into the air and and smash their axes on the ground.

Witch: Front guard their lightning shit and the moment you see an earth spell dash to their back and skill them. Play this fight close to the witch, most will get confused and waste their super armours as soon as you go near them. Bait them out and then its a free win.

Wiz: If the wizard is good they are pretty much unbeatable. They have more super armour, more damage, they can abuse their weapon switch so we cant bow them, you get near them they grab you. Unless you can sneak up on a wiz I wouldnt advise fighting them.

Mae: Better version of musa, assuming equal gear and skill the mae will win this fight 100%. sleet steps allows them to cover their backs incredibly easily, you cant trade with them due to higher damage, they can get around your front guards instantly. Avoid.

Musa: I haven't met a musa that can consistantly beat me so I dunno how to advise on this one. Be faster?

Tamer: This is the class that I personally struggle with most 1v1, I just cant figure them out. The dog is cancer and when you finally do CC the jumped up little ----- it will CC you and then the tamer will kill you. I hate this class.

Ninja: Very easy match up for us, as long as you have enough acc to actually hit the ninja. Most will use log jump into unawakened grab, just spin BTB around to your back and then kill them. Catching them with an arrow is tricky but their Iframe is crap, throw out arrows when you are safe to and chances are itll land. Baiting them with Charged arrow is really nice as they have a cd on their iframe.

Kuno: If you meet this rare class just dont use front guards and you are fine. Quite similar to ninja, but if you use a front guard you will get CC'd by them.

Sorc: This is the most fun match up, lots of baiting each other to waste key skills. If the sorc isnt very good they will violation into you and you can just BTB them and spin your camera to cc them. The best way to fight sorcs is to try and get them to waste nightmare (their invis) then extend a super armour skill so they try to combo you out of their invis, most will stinger out of it which has no protection. If you find a good sorc you can have some amazing fights.

DK: ill comment on this when they get awakening.

I would like to add a section about my food rotation and crystals, currently I run 2x agility in the helm, 2x black magic cobelinus in the chest, 2x black magic valor in the gloves, 2x black magic Hystria in the boots, 1x precision & 1x black magic carmae in my weapon and 2x awakened black spirit in offhand. This gem set up gives me 5 att 5 crit without food so I can run Knights, Calph special, Val special and jumbo king jungle hamburger with a protection stone this build makes me very tanky whilst still being able to dish out alot of damage. In terms of Elixirs, Steel defence, Strong life, Lethal Assassin and Sharp detection are the ones I reccommend.

(sorry for any typos im pretty tired)

Edited by Cryptid
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Addons -

Combos are pretty personal, but for 1v1 I use rotate crosscut>backflow>twister>btb as a super armour/front guard trade. Unless baiting NEVER start with CrustCrusher.

Warrior: Timing is everything in this fight, you have to block the debuffs from grave digging, (even if you have have any actual block left using a front guard skill still blocks the debuffs, you take full damage but those debuffs are cancer) Trying to make them use headchase twice in row or baiting solar flare into our Q is the best way to CC them.

Valk: Currently with their bugged block this is an easy match up, watch out for their charge, if you use a front guard on it they will CC you and then its kinda GG.

Ranger: If the ranger knows what they are doing you are kinda screwed. Baiting their awakening spells and getting behind them is the best way to fight them. They only have a few SA skills, 90% are front guard. If they run evasion you better have an acc offhand.

Zerker: Depends on how the zerker plays, if they are grab bots then GGWP, esc>esc. They will just wait for you to BTB then grab you, if are just grab bots keep away from them and try to catch a sneaky arrow. If they run away to heal wait 1/2 seconds and then get to their back and use BTB. The only one that can't be cancelled is when they jump into the air and and smash their axes on the ground.

Witch: Front guard their lightning shit and the moment you see an earth spell dash to their back and skill them. Play this fight close to the witch, most will get confused and waste their super armours as soon as you go near them. Bait them out and then its a free win.

Wiz: If the wizard is good they are pretty much unbeatable. They have more super armour, more damage, they can abuse their weapon switch so we cant bow them, you get near them they grab you. Unless you can sneak up on a wiz I wouldnt advise fighting them.

Mae: Better version of musa, assuming equal gear and skill the mae will win this fight 100%. sleet steps allows them to cover their backs incredibly easily, you cant trade with them due to higher damage, they can get around your front guards instantly. Avoid.

Musa: I haven't met a musa that can consistantly beat me so I dunno how to advise on this one. Be faster?

Tamer: This is the class that I personally struggle with most 1v1, I just cant figure them out. The dog is cancer and when you finally do CC the jumped up little ----- it will CC you and then the tamer will kill you. I hate this class.

Ninja: Very easy match up for us, as long as you have enough acc to actually hit the ninja. Most will use log jump into unawakened grab, just spin BTB around to your back and then kill them. Catching them with an arrow is tricky but their Iframe is crap, throw out arrows when you are safe to and chances are itll land. Baiting them with Charged arrow is really nice as they have a cd on their iframe.

Kuno: If you meet this rare class just dont use front guards and you are fine. Quite similar to ninja, but if you use a front guard you will get CC'd by them.

Sorc: This is the most fun match up, lots of baiting each other to waste key skills. If the sorc isnt very good they will violation into you and you can just BTB them and spin your camera to cc them. The best way to fight sorcs is to try and get them to waste nightmare (their invis) then extend a super armour skill so they try to combo you out of their invis, most will stinger out of it which has no protection. If you find a good sorc you can have some amazing fights.

I would like to add a section about my food rotation and crystals, currently I run 2x agility in the helm, 2x black magic cobelinus in the chest, 2x black magic valor in the gloves, 2x black magic Hystria in the boots, 1x precision & 1x black magic carmae in my weapon and 2x awakened black spirit in offhand. This gem set up gives me 5 att 5 crit without food so I can run Knights, Calph special, Val special and jumbo king jungle hamburger with a protection stone this build makes me very tanky whilst still being able to dish out alot of damage. In terms of Elixirs, Steel defence, Strong life, Lethal Assassin and Sharp detection are the ones I reccommend.

I agree with the kuno and tamer points. For some reason Kuno hits you from the back even if shes in front of you its weird. Requires a lot of running around and waiting for her to ----- up. 

With tamer its really frustrating, I play it like a small scale 1 v x. If i cannot kill them with perma SA then i just back out and rinse and repeat. The second you drop SA u get -----ed, cus, when you actually go on her, habitually you place yourself facing her but the dog stands a bit in front of her, so its behind you now. And some of her skills originate from the dog so you get ccd. Also if you disengage, you cannot reengage immediately. The dog runs directly at you and covers your vision of the tamer and they use their instant jump w.o you being able to see them. And as Sinister said, if they catch you you die 100%.

For crystals on the boots I get 1 stamina + ms crystal and + 2 ms crystal so i can get 5 ms with food.

Edited by Kayray

Posted (edited)

I agree with the kuno and tamer points. For some reason Kuno hits you from the back even if shes in front of you its weird. Requires a lot of running around and waiting for her to ----- up. 

With tamer its really frustrating, I play it like a small scale 1 v x. If i cannot kill them with perma SA then i just back out and rinse and repeat. The second you drop SA u get -----ed, cus, when you actually go on her, habitually you place yourself facing her but the dog stands a bit in front of her, so its behind you now. And some of her skills originate from the dog so you get ccd. Also if you disengage, you cannot reengage immediately. The dog runs directly at you and covers your vision of the tamer and they use their instant jump w.o you being able to see them. And as Sinister said, if they catch you you die 100%.

For crystals on the boots I get 1 stamina + ms crystal and + 2 ms crystal so i can get 5 ms with food.

Kunos F is the "problem skill" it has a big cone aoe and stuns everything in that area.

For extra move speed i just pop an elixir of swiftness, personally I'd rather always have more stamina than movespeed.

Edited by Cryptid
1 person likes this

Posted

whoever told you valk was not 360 no cc isnt right, their normal block stance is 360 no cc with only dmg from the back; i've had arguements with several valks saying their block isnt 360 no cc..........

Valk doesn't have SA on the back, i'm 100% sure about it, i tend to get em pretty well with back blooming

Posted

Valk doesn't have SA on the back, i'm 100% sure about it, i tend to get em pretty well with back blooming

They have it. There are 2 valks on my guild and I've tested it, both in awakening and non-awakened form.

2 people like this

Posted

They have it. There are 2 valks on my guild and I've tested it, both in awakening and non-awakened form.

Weird, i've caught them a lot with blooming, perhaps not on stance block but a FG :S

Posted

Weird, i've caught them a lot with blooming, perhaps not on stance block but a FG :S

i've tried like 10 btbs on a guild valk, he didnt get cced a single time, ofc the dmg went off.

Addons -

wouldnt a margoria be more useful than a calph meal? as for kuno how do you cc ones that just do sa skill then stealth til cds are off/run away and ninjas who just spam silent charge with murderous intent til you get cced.

1 person likes this

Posted

i was positive that musa just spammed crosscut and nothing else. This post has showed me they they use at least 1 or 2 more abilities

Posted

i've tried like 10 btbs on a guild valk, he didnt get cced a single time, ofc the dmg went off.

wouldnt a margoria be more useful than a calph meal? as for kuno how do you cc ones that just do sa skill then stealth til cds are off/run away and ninjas who just spam silent charge with murderous intent til you get cced.

I think it is because he uses a 4 food rotation which you can't do with Margoria because it lasts only 90 min. If he uses a 3 food rotation I'd also consider Margoria which is what I do.

1 person likes this

Posted

Magoria only lasts for 90 minutes, as soon as a 120 one is released i will swap. Just bait it with Q and then back dash into blooming, you have to be quick but its doable. As for kuno, get the burn debuff on them from BTB and then you can see where they are in invis, dash over shift+Q ggwp. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

So, I had a warrior waltz into my rotation today, and I(through the use of the ultimate combo move) managed to kill him. But then the guy pearled and i then proceeded to fight a fight that continually spiraled downwards until i was too tired and out of pots. Sad part, was that I believe i managed to get him on the ground ONCE in the 15 min span that we fought for. So, like an sane individual, I spent some time lamenting over this in the forums and reading about this, then proceeded to go and look at all the warrior skills and compare them to our skills. and i noticed something. Whirlwind cut -10 dp and blindthrust 30% crit and 30 accuracy red for 10 secs. Can we not add this into arrow DB combo or is it too long? 

Something along the lines of: 
Stub-->DB-->1 hit whirwind -->fBt --> Projection -->BTB combo? I'm pretty sure the crit boost from Bt stacks with skill add on crit boosts for a whooping 50% crit on our awakened combo. Any thoughts?

Edited by Kayray
english is hard

Posted

Stub-->DB-->1 hit whirwind -->fBt --> Projection -->BTB combo? I'm pretty sure the crit boost from Bt stacks with skill add on crit boosts for a whooping 50% crit on our awakened combo. Any thoughts?

If BT had super armour or front guard it would be great, that acc debuff is huge. The problem is if you manage to stun the warrior and you are able to hit them with BT, you should be able to 1 combo them.  If you try using it when they aren't CC'd you're probably going to die. 

Posted

If BT had super armour or front guard it would be great, that acc debuff is huge. The problem is if you manage to stun the warrior and you are able to hit them with BT, you should be able to 1 combo them.  If you try using it when they aren't CC'd you're probably going to die. 

The warrior story was just how I found out about this, against warriors unless they are really stupid i dont ever go into blade form. Only time i go into blade form is if i see an opportunity for back chase into blooming / DB, in which scenario this can work. But this should work really well against witches and wizards and what not who dont have as strong blocks.

Posted

I've just read that they only have cc immunity when they stale, if they're walking/running with the block On it doesn't give them cc immunity. I'll test it this afternoon. Same with warrior pre-awakening block, they cc immunity is only when they're standing still.

Posted (edited)

So, I had a warrior waltz into my rotation today, and I(through the use of the ultimate combo move) managed to kill him. But then the guy pearled and i then proceeded to fight a fight that continually spiraled downwards until i was too tired and out of pots. Sad part, was that I believe i managed to get him on the ground ONCE in the 15 min span that we fought for. So, like an sane individual, I spent some time lamenting over this in the forums and reading about this, then proceeded to go and look at all the warrior skills and compare them to our skills. and i noticed something. Whirlwind cut -10 dp and blindthrust 30% crit and 30 accuracy red for 10 secs. Can we not add this into arrow DB combo or is it too long? 

so my way of dealing with warriors is to dash around and bait attacks untill they get impatient and get a stub off. Then it's Db-Dc-Bt-nemisis slash 2 - rising storm - projection - BtB - CC - backflow - FC.

Not only do you kill them, but you get massive style points haha

Edited by Profex
1 person likes this

Posted

so my way of dealing with warriors is to dash around and bait attacks untill they get impatient and get a stub off. Then it's Db-Dc-Bt-nemisis slash 2 - rising storm - projection - BtB - CC - backflow - FC.

Not only do you kill them, but you get massive style points haha

But wouldn't that mean you don't get nemesis slash ultimate? You lose out on the only heal skill you have. if you want the push instead then you can backstep slash after Dc instead of Bt, divider for push forward ww chase cancel into blooming then blind thrust into your rising storm and what have you. But yea thats a funky ass combo if not for that one thing xD

Posted (edited)

Whirlwind cut -10 dp and blindthrust 30% crit and 30 accuracy red for 10 secs. Can we not add this into arrow DB combo or is it too long? 

I've played around with this before awakening, but Whirlwind cut -10 dp auto activates on the THIRD hit. So you need to use all three whirlwind cuts. If you add in Ultimate: Whirlwind to make it a stiffness, it might work.

Also for me, I've always loved blind thrust for both the buff and debuff, that I actually have the add-on for it. My normal 1v1 combo is:
Stub Arrow -> forward Blind Thrust into Cancel Blooming -> Projection -> Below the Belt -> Crosscut -> Flow: Backflow ->Fiery Crevice

The Blind thrust there isn't for cc but for the buff and debuff, acting only as the cancel for the Blooming cc.
Lately I tested another combo which is a bit longer, and which I might use for tankier targets:
Stub Arrow -> Dragonbite -> C transition -> Crosscut -> Flow: Backflow -> C transition into forward Forward Blind Thrust into Cancel Blooming -> Backstep Slash -> Projection -> Below the Belt -> Crosscut -> Fiery Crevice -> and then maybe One Step Back.

Also, I have a question for all of you and I was going to ask it in a poll but I might as well ask here as well. Do you guys use Blooming: Phantom? I noticed in KR the trend is to do away with the Blooming: Phantom and simply use Blooming for the CC. I personally love the mana drain and the bleed on the Phantom. However the speed of using only Blooming is very nice. I might make the transition after I hit 61 and get the damage boost on Crosscut and Below the Belt. What are your thoughts on Blooming: Phantom?

Edited by johnsneo

Posted

Also, I have a question for all of you and I was going to ask it in a poll but I might as well ask here as well. Do you guys use Blooming: Phantom? I noticed in KR the trend is to do away with the Blooming: Phantom and simply use Blooming for the CC. I personally love the mana drain and the bleed on the Phantom. However the speed of using only Blooming is very nice. I might make the transition after I hit 61 and get the damage boost on Crosscut and Below the Belt. What are your thoughts on Blooming: Phantom?

If you miss with phantom you die, the risk isn't worth the reward. If it could be cancelled then it would be great. 

1 person likes this

Posted

If you miss with phantom you die, the risk isn't worth the reward. If it could be cancelled then it would be great. 

This animation is too damn long and i don't put too much weight on pre awakening skill for damage. I usually use em to set up my buffs so that i can do as much damage as possible as reliably as possible once i swap to awakened form.

Also why do we not use arrow grapple ?

Posted

I've played around with this before awakening, but Whirlwind cut -10 dp auto activates on the THIRD hit. So you need to use all three whirlwind cuts. If you add in Ultimate: Whirlwind to make it a stiffness, it might work.

Also for me, I've always loved blind thrust for both the buff and debuff, that I actually have the add-on for it. My normal 1v1 combo is:
Stub Arrow -> forward Blind Thrust into Cancel Blooming -> Projection -> Below the Belt -> Crosscut -> Flow: Backflow ->Fiery Crevice

The Blind thrust there isn't for cc but for the buff and debuff, acting only as the cancel for the Blooming cc.
Lately I tested another combo which is a bit longer, and which I might use for tankier targets:
Stub Arrow -> Dragonbite -> C transition -> Crosscut -> Flow: Backflow -> C transition into forward Forward Blind Thrust into Cancel Blooming -> Backstep Slash -> Projection -> Below the Belt -> Crosscut -> Fiery Crevice -> and then maybe One Step Back.

I've seen people managing to punish me on a non phantom Blooming on those sick as hell reflexes, Phantom is a death sentence.