• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

2 days fighting bosses for no loot

80 posts in this topic

Posted

Shittest mechanic in the game, an aura and 1g bar should be guaranteed for turning up and even then it would 50 days minimum before you can get top weapon and that's for one character and it's not even that great because then you have to play the cancerous enchanting game for the gear to be effective

2 people like this

Posted

AP? Also try choosing less populated channels for doing bosses. 

Posted

RNG is fun 

1 person likes this

Posted

Agreed, world boss loot is stupid ridiculous RNG. At minimum you get get an Aura every time you kill it.

Posted

Also try choosing less populated channels for doing bosses. 

Bit hard to avoid people when the boss spawns at prime time during weekends while node wars are going on as well, because most of the time the bosses spawn when people are either asleep or at work so only jobless no lifers on the dole can make any meaningful progress

It's an absolutely horrible system from the RNG timers to the RNG loot where if you do get loot it's trash but mostly it's nothing

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I don't mind the rarity or difficulty to get a box to drop, but yeah, I think a gold bar should drop a majority of the time. You should see an Aura 50-75% of the time as well. In my opinion at least. :)

Edited by TGxRazzyman
Double post FTW!

Posted

I participated on 3 bosses last weekend (Bheg, Tree and Kzarka). Died once on each boss and lost 1 crystal each time ( +2movement, +1 luck and some rather cheap crystal in my helmet).

Got like 400k in gold bars and nothing else rly. Not gonna participate again before I have enough DP to not get 1-hit by anything since I had no clue what hit me in 2 of the 3 cases I died. The one I noticed was the Tree doing some large AoE that spawned adds.

Posted

I participated on 3 bosses last weekend (Bheg, Tree and Kzarka). Died once on each boss and lost 1 crystal each time ( +2movement, +1 luck and some rather cheap crystal in my helmet).

Got like 400k in gold bars and nothing else rly. Not gonna participate again before I have enough DP to not get 1-hit by anything since I had no clue what hit me in 2 of the 3 cases I died. The one I noticed was the Tree doing some large AoE that spawned adds.

It's why I use an alt solely for hunting boss because death doesn't mean anything for it, no crystals, no worry about losing exp, still have as much chance at loot as on my main without the loss (apart from time)

The problem with the rewards are the bosses rarely spawn at times for the majority of people who actually have a life, unless you no life you have relatively little chance to even see a boss spawn let alone get some loot

Posted

My old main had <170 AP and so far got me, 4 Kzarka boxes, 1 Dandelion, 1 Nouver, lots of Liverto / blue awa boxes. I don't think there's anything wrong with the system, except for the spawn times. I did Karanda around 35+ times to get the box, had around 30 seals and only did Nouver 3-4 times for the box (there was only 2 of us fighting him for a good few minutes). Of course, it's RNG, but if you do bosses with a 100-120 AP alt character, don't expect anything good. 

3 people like this

Posted

When 50+ people in the 58-60 level show up for red nose not because they need to but because they are bored out of their skull, it does not bode well for someone struggling in the 150 AP/ DP group.

It's an elitist system that rewards top tier players. I've tried 2. I don't need a brick in the face to understand bad mechanics, topped off with outrageous RnG.

Posted

I wish 1 aura would be guaranteed loot for participation. I mean, you would still need to visit 100 bosses to finish the weapon box quest - and you cant repeat it anyways!

The thing is that RNG is obviously favouring certain players. So its not really RNG, is it?

1 person likes this

Posted

but if you do bosses with a 100-120 AP alt character, don't expect anything good. 

So how are new players expected to progress if they're not to expect anything good ?

The whole point of the Aura's are so that "unlucky" or people with lives can actually get a boss weapon, but it's rendered utterly pointless when the drop rate is as bad as the boss weapon they'll never likely get to drop not to mention the absolutely retarded spawn timers for bosses which means most people can maybe kill only 3 or 4 bosses a week because the bosses happen to spawn in their time frame. When you have to wait weeks to get a drop because of all this it doesn't make for a good system

1 person likes this

Posted

So how are new players expected to progress if they're not to expect anything good ?

The whole point of the Aura's are so that "unlucky" or people with lives can actually get a boss weapon, but it's rendered utterly pointless when the drop rate is as bad as the boss weapon they'll never likely get to drop not to mention the absolutely retarded spawn timers for bosses which means most people can maybe kill only 3 or 4 bosses a week because the bosses happen to spawn in their time frame. When you have to wait weeks to get a drop because of all this it doesn't make for a good system

There is a lot of progression to be done with non-boss gear before you should be worrying about getting boss gear. This isn't one of those games that lets you suit up in endgame gear in a month. 

1 person likes this

Posted

The point of the auras is to provide an alternate way of obtaining the item, not to cater to people with the dated and narrow mindset of "or people with lives can actually get a boss weapon,". If you arent doing enough damage you wont get good non boss drops. Get more AP, simple as that. GRIND

Posted

The point of the auras is to provide an alternate way of obtaining the item, not to cater to people with the dated and narrow mindset of "or people with lives can actually get a boss weapon,". If you arent doing enough damage you wont get good non boss drops. Get more AP, simple as that. GRIND

Good one, grind in all the overpopulated areas where all the no lifers with Tri+ boss gear grind ?

If only it was simple to get more AP when you can't buy sharps/hards on the market because they rarely get sold and if they do you have to battle the cancer bid system which is only slightly better than the cancerous sniping bots or they go straight to pre order to the no life billionaires and if you're lucky to get one you then have to battle the cancerous enchanting where you can lose all your progress past duo

Try playing an hour or 2 a day and see how much progress you make

Posted

There is a lot of progression to be done with non-boss gear before you should be worrying about getting boss gear. This isn't one of those games that lets you suit up in endgame gear in a month. 

so let's say you manage to catch kzarka 3-4 times a week and get 1 aura per 3-4 fights. It would take you 100 weeks or 2 years to get the box. Lmao. Personally idc because I can attend more often than that but your argument about suiting up in a month was stupid-it's way more than a month given the drop rates 

2 people like this

Posted

so let's say you manage to catch kzarka 3-4 times a week and get 1 aura per 3-4 fights. It would take you 100 weeks or 2 years to get the box. Lmao. Personally idc because I can attend more often than that but your argument about suiting up in a month was stupid-it's way more than a month given the drop rates 

Exactly, it's beyond stupid

The way it works now is it's easier to just grind silver and put up a buy order and hope you win than actually turn up to the boss

The only people who win are the no lifers

Posted

You can either sit in your little pity party and whine and never get your way or actually put a little effort in the game. These systems are not going to change so get over it.

2 people like this

Posted

actually  this game is  funny because some guys dont see  boss piece for year and meanwhile .... Some of my guildm8s got dande so many times ...

mechanic is plain stupid ... and  bosses in this game are like if u strong and rich  u become even stronger and richer   because    u will get 20x  more boss drops ...

so well if u new as me just stop going  bosses as i did... is not worth.

Posted

Dim Tree Spirit has 2 attacks that can one-shot people (PBAoE and the summoning if you happen to stand where a tree spawns) but they are both pretty obvious and with plenty of time to avoid the areas. No one should be dying to Kzarka these days. His breath attack is easy to avoid.

Dastard Bheg on the other hand can go suck a bag of ****s.

Posted

Auras are just a guarantee that you'll eventually get one if you are very unlucky. Most people get their first Kzarka box by around ~30 auras. I have gotten 4 boxes and currently have 35 auras in the bank. 

Posted

If you are a new player, why would you even want boss gear? Do you have any idea how much it costs to upgrade one compared to alternative grunil etc gear? Boss weapon? Right away? Without any boss gear, you can easily achieve 130-150AP, even more with decent jewelry and TRI weapons. I also partially agree with your statement about grindspots. Sausan and Pirates are always full, it's not that easy to find a party. But you have alternative spots or you just join a guild and grind with them.

If you don't have the time to kill bosses, buy it from the market, which is probably even harder. 

Posted

Dim Tree Spirit has 2 attacks that can one-shot people (PBAoE and the summoning if you happen to stand where a tree spawns) but they are both pretty obvious and with plenty of time to avoid the areas. No one should be dying to Kzarka these days. His breath attack is easy to avoid.

Dastard Bheg on the other hand can go suck a bag of ****s.

Kzarka somehow 1 hit me in the corridor leading into the boss room... That was before I had even attacked him once. I just dont see how to avoid something like that except for having more DP :(

Posted

I briefly skimmed thread... Seemed like a lot of boo hoo. 

I suggest you buy a gallon of Git Gud from the pearl shop.

Posted

I think it's best if it is very difficult to obtain the best gear. Enchanting isn't cancerous because it won't give you cancer.  Making emotional comments that are not factual does nothing to further your argument.  I consider enchanting to be challenging and will certainly put your endurance to test.  Those that persist will eventually prevail.

1 person likes this