• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

2 days fighting bosses for no loot

80 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

No one should be dying to Kzarka these days. His breath attack is easy to avoid.

Dastard Bheg on the other hand can go suck a bag of ****s.

Yesterday I was racing into his room on my horse but he happened to be using his breath attack towards the door as I was entering. I died, but I ain't even mad. At least it was funny.

Bheg though.. the amount of times I've rubberbanded back into his red hit is disgusting. Or getting caught on other players.. that's fun too.

Edited by Blu

Posted

I don't know if I remember that correctly but while you only had a "the top 10 dps get loot" table at the start of the game, they added a second loot table a bit after too. So new players who don't have 200AP+ could have a chance at some loot too. So in the end, it comes down to the all mighty RNG - as always :,)

1 person likes this

Posted

So people who have played for a year now are elitists? Unlike new players from the last 6 months, everything was a lot harder but none of you would know that since you are handed everything now. Want to get to lvl 56? Sure, takes 3 hrs whereas last year this time it took MONTHS. Want an ogre ring to get more AP? Sure, we'll give you a free box unlike the old days of having to grind ogres for hours on end. Stop asking for stuff to given to you, earn it for once. This is why I am unhappy with the new player base that has come in, they expect everything to be handed to them on a silver platter.

I'll even add this nice fact. We used to have to wait at bosses for them to spawn, they never popped up saying they were live. The discords also didn't exist back then.

Trial accounts are free. You can even use a code from a paid account and turn it in to a 2 week account. Feel free to level a 56 in 3 hours. It should be a fun experiment as you will be rolling in Ogre rings or so you say.

And yes, after a year there is an elite level of player forming in the game and the mechanics court them. The criticism was in the mechanics, not the players. Sorry to wound your feeling, snowflake. I should have written a law paper on the difference.

Posted (edited)

You guys want everything to be easy, don't you. :D

Farming the same mob 100 times is far from "easy". Many of us just want the RNG to not be so.... stupid. Hards and sharps for example. Logs...

"I want no reward for my effort" said no player, ever.

Edited by Stabby

Posted

Funny thing is, I was fighting Mudster and I DCed in the when he was about 85%. I was able to log back in and keep fighting him and I got awaken weapon. I changed channels after we defeated him and he was alive on that channel. I got another awaken weapon again. Then again am Wiz at 220 AP.

Posted (edited)

I must be doing something wrong here. I use a lv 57 kuno as boss alt geared in trash leftovers/failstack gear (140awk/180dp) for Serendia bosses and I'm literally swimming in liverto/awk bundles/MoS (like one/two a day avg, today was slightly better with 2 liverto and 2 awk boxes), seals and and auras. Boss drops are very rare, but they are supposed to be, aren't they? On the other hand, I can't remember not getting loot from a boss, unless I'm really late and he is at like 20% when I arrive. Common field boss trash drop for me is 6-7 seals, some gems, bs, bars and silver and Kzarka/Karanda drop auras about 80% of the time but less of other stuff.

I've no idea how others manage to drop nothing, teach me please?

Edited by thdsm

Posted (edited)

I must be doing something wrong here. I use a lv 57 kuno as boss alt geared in trash leftovers/failstack gear (140awk/180dp) for Serendia bosses and I'm literally swimming in liverto/awk bundles/MoS (like one/two a day avg, today was slightly better with 2 liverto and 2 awk boxes), seals and and auras. Boss drops are very rare, but they are supposed to be, aren't they? On the other hand, I can't remember not getting loot from a boss, unless I'm really late and he is at like 20% when I arrive. Common field boss trash drop for me is 6-7 seals, some gems, bs, bars and silver and Kzarka/Karanda drop auras about 80% of the time but less of other stuff.

I've no idea how others manage to drop nothing, teach me please?

Its RNG.

I've been playing since release and have never gotten a boss bundle. Only auras and gold bars.

On my Ninja and Musa my AP/DP are higher than yours. It's just RNG really once you are in those loot brackets. I know guildies who are pretty successful. But I have yet to receive any boss loot other than from the free even Kakao had last year.

For those that get literally nothing, I can assume its either Level/Accuracy based (they arent doing much consistent damage and missing alot) or they show up too late to the boss. Or they just dont notice they may have only gotten a crap green crystal as a drop

Edited by Ravare

Posted

My personal experience with BDOs enchanting system.

1. Denial

"This CANT be how it works? I must have missunderstood something, better read up on it more"

2. Anger

"WHO THE ---- TOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA? Id rather chop off my own ----- than touch this enchanting system again!" (actuall quote of mine on discord).

3. Bargaining

"There must be some way to avoid this, but how? Some items that I want have never even been sold on the mp once... Maybe I can manage without those items?"

4. Depression

Ive been running around in +5 boss gear for at least 6 months by now. tri kzarka and tri steel dagger I bought straight from the mp. Been doing ok with my +15 green awakening weapon that I bought too. And ofc the handout ogre rings/tungsten earrings etc.

5. Acceptance

1-2 months ago I finaly started working on getting +3 craftsman clothes. After 120-130 clothes or so I was successful and the insane amount of work for something that simple didnt phase me that much anymore. Yesterday I grabed my enchanting materials, had about 800 mem frags stacked by then, and started working on my 4 boss armor peces following Alexmac's enchanting recommendations. Parts sitting at +14, +13, +12, +12 atm and even got my green awakening weapon to tri without fails.

For something that ISNT terminal cancer it sure does share a lot of similarities with it.

either you are really bad or exaggerating greatly. I started the game at sorc awaken and I'm full boss gear with tet dande. 

Posted

either you are really bad or exaggerating greatly. I started the game at sorc awaken and I'm full boss gear with tet dande. 

I dont get your point. Am I bad because I refused to enchant anything myself in the first year of playing the game or do you mean that you havent touched enchanting either and rather bought lots of tet/tri items meaning you have much better gear than me in shorter time?

Posted

Kzarka/Karanda drop auras about 80% of the time but less of other stuff

IF they spawn during the hours you get to play

Most people with proper lives maybe see 1 Karanda a week and maybe 2 Kzarkas a week.

# Nouver
Tue, 19:20 CEST - Wed, 00:50 CEST [Window begins](in 4 hours)

# Kzarka
Tue, 19:55 CEST - Wed, 00:25 CEST [Window begins](in 4 hours)

# Kutum
Tue, 20:00 CEST - Wed, 04:30 CEST [Window begins](in 4 hours)

# Karanda
Tue, 20:10 CEST - Wed, 00:40 CEST [Window begins](in 4 hours)

# Giant Mudster
Tue, 22:55 CEST - Wed, 07:25 CEST [Window begins](in 7 hours)

# Dastard Bheg
Tue, 23:30 CEST - Wed, 08:00 CEST [Window begins](in 8 hours)

# Dim Tree Spirit
Tue, 23:40 CEST - Wed, 08:10 CEST [Window begins](in 8 hours)

# Red Nose
Wed, 01:50 CEST - Wed, 10:20 CEST [Window begins](in 10 hours)

And chances are for today they'll not see a boss at all because of the retarded timers

1 person likes this

Posted

Most people with proper lives maybe see 1 Karanda a week and maybe 2 Kzarkas a week.

And chances are for today they'll not see a boss at all because of the retarded timers

Yup, I actually work for a living and it is quite annoying that I miss field bosses so often.

I wish they were all more like raids where we can group up and do them in a party at the time of our choosing x times per week. So maybe we can do one every day or do a marathon of 7 in one day. It'd have to be an instanced thing, ofc.

Posted

# Kzarka
Tue, 19:55 CEST - Wed, 00:25 CEST [Window begins](in 4 hours)

# Karanda
Tue, 20:10 CEST - Wed, 00:40 CEST [Window begins](in 4 hours)

Wait, so from 8 to about midnight is a retarded time? I don't know what you do for a living, but assuming you can play on weekdays, doing it in the evening is about as normal as you can get. Would you rather have them spawn at like 11:00 - 15:00?

Posted

Wait, so from 8 to about midnight is a retarded time? I don't know what you do for a living, but assuming you can play on weekdays, doing it in the evening is about as normal as you can get. Would you rather have them spawn at like 11:00 - 15:00?

Clearly you do not have a proper job or a family otherwise you'd realise it's not 8 to midnight you have to play but more like 7pm to 9/10pm

That leaves a 2 hour window for a CHANCE of the boss to spawn and most times the bosses spawn close to end of their timer

I'd rather have bosses spawn anywhere from 6pm to 9/10pm so everyone gets a chance to fight them instead of just catering to no lifers

Posted

Clearly you do not have a proper job or a family otherwise you'd realise it's not 8 to midnight you have to play but more like 7pm to 9/10pm

That leaves a 2 hour window for a CHANCE of the boss to spawn and most times the bosses spawn close to end of their timer

I'd rather have bosses spawn anywhere from 6pm to 9/10pm so everyone gets a chance to fight them instead of just catering to no lifers

Ok, so if your work day doesn't start at 7 or earlier, you don't have a proper job, noted. If you have some choice when to play during your free time, you don't have a proper family either, good to know. A word of advice to you from a no lifer: if your playtime is so extremely limited and unflexible, you are by definition a very casual player and will inevitably miss out on some portions of the content. Just accept that and realise that this is far from the only game where much of the content is out of reach for casual players. On the other hand, you have a great job and family unlike all the no lifers around here, so enjoy that.

Posted (edited)

4cbb624aa4c4adf5aee6973381256535.png

I'm just gonna leave that there, Nice timers lol.  And for the guys saying new players "need to work as hard as I had to or they don't deserve it." please get over yourselves.  These catch up mechanics exist for a reason.  By that mindless logic someone just starting the game as of today has no chance at ever competing with legacy players.  Tbh I think there should be even more catch up mechanics, to a certain point(maybe make Duo the new limit to how low your gear can degrade? idk just throwing stuff around) because as of now if a player was starting this game absolutely fresh the time it would take him or her to ever compete with old players is disgustingly ridiculous.  I've been playing this game on and off since release and I would love to have more players around with competitive gear.  Whats the point of a competitive PvP scene when all the "geared/old" players are horded in a couple guilds and the other 90% of the population is fodder?  Give the baby players a chance!!  *waves flag*

Edited by Ginos

Posted

Yeah, spawn timers can be obnoxious for anyone with daytime obligations. There was a period of two weeks almost where I couldn't go to Kutum because he'd spawn when I was at work and when I was asleep. 

It'd be nice if they did something about it but I'm not crying and quitting if they don't. 

Posted

bosses shouldnt exist in the first place

its too stupid and unfair for someone to spent 15 min and get undeserved 80mil while people have to grind 5/6 hours for that 

Posted

Bosses are a bad mechanic, badly implemented. I got my first Nouver box on my second fight with it. I still haven't had a Kzarka after more than 150.

Posted

The spawn timers do effect me as well on the West Coast. During the night I maybe hear one or two boss spawns before bed and its usually Nouver or something else.

The only times I really am able to get to Kzarka or Karanda, its mostly the weekends. So I just resolved to buying my Kzarka eventually and just forgetting about trying on the boss.

Karanda..........meh.......dont know when I will ever get a drop but everyone wants a Karanda drop

Posted

Agreed, world boss loot is stupid ridiculous RNG. At minimum you get get an Aura every time you kill it.

Yes.
In fact, it would be better if all you got was a 'token' (like the aura) every time rather than a mega RNG lotto.

Posted

I'have got ZERO auras from my last 7 attempts. Ridiculous.

Posted

oh dear god more of these I am entitled to something for showing up threads...

Daum I demand Pen boss armor for showing up in this thread.

bosses shouldnt exist in the first place

its too stupid and unfair for someone to spent 15 min and get undeserved 80mil while people have to grind 5/6 hours for that 

They weren't supposed to be. The awesome early access beta testers demanded they stay.

Posted (edited)

I don't post at all but this topic hits home for me due to how my perception of the BDO experience can be drastically different from someone else due to world boss drop rates.

I've been playing since august and have been doing world bosses consistently (at the very least one boss and on up to all of them in one day depending on spawn timers). I have only gotten one dandelion box. I also rarely get any awaken/liverto/auras.

Contrast that with my friend who has been playing for about the same amount of time as me. He's gotten several kzarkas, dandes, tree armors, gloves, kutums, and nouvers. Money is not an issue for him at all, and the game is "awesome and fun" for him.

The point is, the rng is really brutal with its streaky-ness. For some, we're at the long tail-end where we're constantly rolling the low numbers and can't get away from it.  Then there are lucky bastards like my friend who are constantly rolling the high numbers and swimming in loot. Everything is super easy for him. This is probably the only reason why I would quit. The rng is a bit too punishing with bad-luck streaks that haven't backed off at all.

Edited by Yortal
typo

Posted

Shittest mechanic in the game, an aura and 1g bar should be guaranteed for turning up and even then it would 50 days minimum before you can get top weapon and that's for one character and it's not even that great because then you have to play the cancerous enchanting game for the gear to be effective

so let me tell you about this game called FFXI where i was in a HNM linkshell.

All we did was hunt rare bosses that spawned all over the game to get good equipment and money. Now these spawn windows are anywhere from 8-20 hours long. Think about standing there hoping to actually get a change to claim that boss so rare that hundreds of others flock the area. and only one party can claim it lol. And still rng is in effect for getting said millions worth equipment.

Oh the memories <3

please dont complain about what alot of us have done for the past year. i only have just gotten my first kzarka box for my DK and im quite happy i finally got it. 

Posted

oh dear god more of these I am entitled to something for showing up threads...

Asking for a guaranteed aura per boss is being entitled ?

You do realise it would take months to get a boss weapon from Aura's if it was 100% drop and you can only hand them in once per account