• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Bidding System Poll

Bidding System Poll   93 votes

1. 1. How do you feel about BDO's bidding system?

• I love it.
    • Impartial
    • I hate it.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 posts in this topic

Posted

Since I can't vote in my own poll, I hate it.

Posted

I'm torn, it's good for some things, like high end items to give everyone a chance (I'm blissfully ignorant if it is rigged and would like to remain that way, please don't burst my bubble) as well as for pearl items, even though it seems to hate me on those.

I hate it when it puts things up for bidding that already have others on the market though, that's stupid. It's been alleviated somewhat with being able to buy within 5% or so from the lowest price, but still at times causes frustration for me still like when I'm trying to buy a bunch of armor so I can repair for more fails stacks and have to wait for a bid to end. It's not the end of the world, but frustrating. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I personally like it. But then too, if the cheapest item is still in the bidding phase, I'm never really in such a hurry that waiting for that bid to end is much of an issue to me. If the cheapest is in the bid phase, I'll bid on it. If I win, great. If not, I'll just buy the next after the bidding is over. Waiting a few minutes is nothing to me as I'm never in a "ZOMG! I need this within the next 2 seconds!" mood when I'm in game.

I also find it interesting that while one sizable portion of the playerbase will bemoan the bidding system, you also find another sizable portion of the playerbase that bemoans the point that their items can sit for weeks before finally selling. So on one side you have people that say they can never get what they want, while on the other players can't get rid of items fast enough.

Posted (edited)

Here's what I hate about it...

1. I go to buy black stones, memory frags or other items. I start purchasing them.
2. All of a sudden I get a pop up saying I must buy the lowest item. So I refresh.
3. Now I have to wait on the bidding process. Often noone but me bids because the item still becomes purchasable after the bid.
4. So I start buying again. Rinse and repeat.
5. The whole process of me buying 40-50 memory frags or armor stones ends up taking a half hour.

Very, very frustrating experience. I wish they would just do away with forcing us to buy the cheapest item.  Oh, and don't even get me started at trying to buy a Concentrated black stone, sharp or hard.

Edited by Stabby
2 people like this

Posted

I wish they would just do away with forcing us to buy the cheapest item.  

Or simply ignore the items still in bidding phase when buying. People constantly post memory fragments for 636k when most people sell them for 750k. it seems like you can't even check if you won bids on 750k fragments when there's a single 636k memory fragment still in bidding.

Posted

I hate the fact that you much purchase the cheapest item more than the bidding system

the bidding system was a response to marketplace bots and its works, it's a huuuuge pain in the ass and I die a little inside when I fail a bid on a high end item (all the time) but at least I have a chance to get it.  There was literally no competing with marketplace bots

Posted

Ive been lucky more than once.

Posted

Genuinely curious but I'm wondering why anyone who doesn't use a marketplace bot wouldn't like the bidding system.

Aside from the obnoxious thing that other people have already mentioned, where you've got items that're being put up constantly and it makes it a pain to purchase them (blackstones, memory frags, etc.) Especially when there's already an ample amount in stock.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I love it but it can use some more improvement. Our current system is just way better than the old system we had.

Edit:  Perhaps an automatic switch that turns bidding on and off based on item availability so that items that are in abundance don't have bidding but once the stock drops to a certain level bidding switches on.

Edited by ronniejw
2 people like this

Posted

Well i have the pleasure to use old system and the one we have now. I love it tbh ... maybe ecause i have managed to snipe almost everything of market i bidded on and am kinda RNG carried here.

What i hate is bid button on a freaking armor stone ... sometimes is just impossible to buy anything because of that message "only cheapest item can be bought ..."  because some troll lister 1 item for minimum price.

Also what i hate is quntitiy invalid message .... if i wanted to buy 100 items in stack ... i want to buy 66 if thats how many there are left.

1 person likes this

Posted

WHY does it have to affect green items? like relics? or fodder tier armour? Or blackstones or shards?

The tet process already has so much rng and cancer surrounding it, but bidding for mundane items kills it. Running 20 relic scrolls/day is terrible enough w/o needing to bid for each and every relic. FSing is bad enough w/o needing to bid for each and every repair armour. I guess maybe the bid on shards would be acceptable if all this other stuff was at least click to buy. WHY do we have this? it's offensive and idiotic and the devs that made it should have their minds examined under suspicion of being sadists.

Posted

Agreed. RNG on the RNG for the RNG. It's too much.

Posted

I was about to buy 40 relic scrolls yday, after getting 35ish in 40minutes I decided that sleep was more important than staring mindlessly into the screen and clicking bid over and over again.... They should remove that thing on things that cost <2kk.

But then again, if it comes to pearl items thats a really good thing. Its just bad for pretty much everything else....

Posted

err people? I dunno if you noticed but since last update, you can buy items in mp at lowest price even if there's a bid item before it...

Btw, I just checked, and there was only 4 BS armor stones proposal in MP, so we may get an armor stone soonish again....

Posted

Every system that doesnt give me 100% succsess rate is trash 

fix your game daum

Posted

Every system that doesnt give me 100% succsess rate is trash 

fix your game daum

that's pure idiocy and entitlement there >_>

Posted

that's pure idiocy and entitlement there >_>

That's stupid red neck there.

Posted

That's stupid red neck there.

Nah, I mean, if every things was handed out to you on a silver platter...

What would be challenging? What would be the challenge? Uncertainty is the base of every things challenging, randomness is  one of the base of uncertainty would render everything unchallenging in a game. Remove randomness, tis not a game anymore but a set of task to do, which would make it.... a work I guess.

Posted

Here's what I hate about it...

1. I go to buy black stones, memory frags or other items. I start purchasing them.
2. All of a sudden I get a pop up saying I must buy the lowest item. So I refresh.
3. Now I have to wait on the bidding process. Often noone but me bids because the item still becomes purchasable after the bid.
4. So I start buying again. Rinse and repeat.
5. The whole process of me buying 40-50 memory frags or armor stones ends up taking a half hour.

Very, very frustrating experience. I wish they would just do away with forcing us to buy the cheapest item.  Oh, and don't even get me started at trying to buy a Concentrated black stone, sharp or hard.

They should exclude biddable items from the "lowest price" check.

Posted

They should exclude biddable items from the "lowest price" check.

You can do just that since last update.

(Seriously, people, go try it right now.)

Posted

Keep it the way it is but add a slight "failstack" mechanic. If I've bid on Muskan's 50 times maybe give me a 15% higher chance to win next time, increasing with more failures. It wouldn't be that OP because 15% of virtually 0 is still virtually 0... but it would make me feel better. 

Who knows, Maybe it already exists :thinking:

Posted

Keep it the way it is but add a slight "failstack" mechanic. If I've bid on Muskan's 50 times maybe give me a 15% higher chance to win next time, increasing with more failures. It wouldn't be that OP because 15% of virtually 0 is still virtually 0... but it would make me feel better. 

Who knows, Maybe it already exists :thinking:

There's the Merchant ring which give increased chance in MP, but we do not know how it works.

Posted

You can do just that since last update.

(Seriously, people, go try it right now.)

How? I tried buying memory fragments last night and it kept telling me to buy the cheapest item first when I tried to check if I won a bid.

Posted

How? I tried buying memory fragments last night and it kept telling me to buy the cheapest item first when I tried to check if I won a bid.

It may not be available on all items (just tried with blackstone) but it works if there's a bid item and a non bid one (if you buy the non bid one while the bidded one is at less price).

Posted

I spent quite literally 15 minutes trying to buy ONE relic fragment yesterday, to make my last relic scroll, because every 50 seconds a new bid was started, and people posting 1-2 of the items, while god knows how many people are trying to buy them, and having to sit there and wait to buy the cheapest item. It's -----ing infuriating.

1 person likes this