• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Want to return but have a question

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey there,

So I was thinking about playing again, but was wondering if the game suffers from the same problem that made me leave in the first place.

I know that the game is heavily pvp oriented, but in the past year or so have they done anything to segregate players that don't want to pvp all the time? I understand it's a huge driving point with the game, but I'm very busy and I just don't have the amount of time other people do to dedicate to the game, hence I fall behind and people get ahead and kill you. 

It's just not fun.

Thanks in advance

Posted

I guess doing pvp or not also depends on what you're interested in. If you're interested in grinding regardless of the reason then yes, you'll encounter PVP but this also depends on the area you're grinding at. If you're interested in life skills or questing then you're pretty much safe.

As far as i can tell there hasn't been anything done to "protect" those who aren't interested in PVP so the only thing i can suggest you if you're interested in grinding and are undergeared is to join a guild and either hunt together with guildmates, friends or random people you encounter in the area you're at.

Red

Posted

This may not be the game for you

Posted (edited)

bdo is a huge time sink, and if you care about being left behind, then perhaps it is not for you.

take some more time off, bdo as a game is still in its infancy, come back when you're less busy

Edited by HuangHo

Posted

Man that's really a bummer, you'd think they might at least entertain the idea a bit. My full time job is making YouTube videos, and the whole production time just takes up almost all my time. Thanks for the responses

Posted

pvp is forced unfortunately. But you can stay at level 49 and pretty much non-targetable for pvp. You can still build contribution points and build a worker empire. But you wont be able to get awakenings or any of the quests after 49. I have ten characters and they are all at level 40. Pretty much gonna life skill for the rest of the game.

Posted

You can be forced into pvp but It's absurdly easy to avoid. Honestly there needs to be more pvp, it's not a big deal at all. I've grinded at the most contested spots for hours with no confrontation which is kind of sad.

Posted

Hey there,

So I was thinking about playing again, but was wondering if the game suffers from the same problem that made me leave in the first place.

I know that the game is heavily pvp oriented, but in the past year or so have they done anything to segregate players that don't want to pvp all the time? I understand it's a huge driving point with the game, but I'm very busy and I just don't have the amount of time other people do to dedicate to the game, hence I fall behind and people get ahead and kill you. 

It's just not fun.

Thanks in advance

There's barely any open world pvp because the punishment is too harsh for pkers

You might go into a grinding area with someone else, they might attack you, but they can only kill you 4 times before they screw their character up with negative karma while you lose nothing but time.

It's really not bad at all, you can always stay at 49 focusing on life skills and never have to worry at pvp at all too

Posted (edited)

so have they done anything to segregate players that don't want to pvp all the time?

New characters get locked at level 49 and won't level past that until they complete the final Calpeon story quest at which point they can then be flagged on.

...so basically the "Forever 44 club" has been raised to 49 and ya can't just accidentally level over it anymore

Edited by iller

Posted

OP the PvP in BDO is of little consequence other than a bit of an inconvenience.  I've been playing BDO for just over a year as a PvE player and I enjoy it very much.  I'm hardly ever killed, now that you don't loose exp upon being murdered by another player, and all that happens is you get teleported to the nearest node or town.

Posted

OP the PvP in BDO is of little consequence other than a bit of an inconvenience.  I've been playing BDO for just over a year as a PvE player and I enjoy it very much.  I'm hardly ever killed, now that you don't loose exp upon being murdered by another player, and all that happens is you get teleported to the nearest node or town.

Losing xp was a problem for me, and one of the main reasons it was a problem. Do you still lose xp for dying to monster? It's not a huge deal really, but the losing xp to players was the only reason I didn't enjoy it, you'd spend hours farming a spot and lose all the xp you've earned. 

I already have a level 50 character, but after having to farm the high end farming spots for so long, it became way too much of a hassle.

Posted

I already have a level 50 character, but after having to farm the high end farming spots for so long, it became way too much of a hassle.

lol

Posted

Losing xp was a problem for me, and one of the main reasons it was a problem. Do you still lose xp for dying to monster? It's not a huge deal really, but the losing xp to players was the only reason I didn't enjoy it, you'd spend hours farming a spot and lose all the xp you've earned. 

Yes, you still do loose exp from being killed by monsters.  But It's not all that big of a deal, in my opinion, until you get up to higher levels like around 56.  Also returning players can play on several channels with 200% exp bonus for a month and in the daily rewards you can choose either a 50% exp bonus for an hour or a 100% exp bonus for 30 minutes every day.

Posted

You have only one option if you're a PVE only player in this game. 

1. Level horses and sell them until you have about 10 billion in the bank. Now buy best in slot gear and you can PVE all you want. Someone attacks you just retaliate and kill them.

The end.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0