• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Player <> Player Trading, Market Place Prices.

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Soo i been thinking alot about the Trading in black desert, and it's somewhat a needed feature.

Right now i think Trading isnt a thing (mid-game, end-game items) because of the real-world traders.
To fight those off, i had the idea of being able to trade items, IF you either trade another item equal price to that, with a 1Million silver price range. Example:

Player 1: [Selling] Desert Fox
Player 2: I'll Buy it.
Player 1: Puts the Desert Fox in the Trade Screen.
'Value of Total Trade: 10,000,000 Silver'
Player 2: Puts in 7,000,000 Silver
'Value of Total Trade Blinks Red with a notification :  'Can't go through with Trade, Price is different from Market Place'
Player 2: Adds 3,000,000 Silver (to total it up to 10,000,000 Silver)
Both Players Accept the Trade.
Player 1 Gets the Silver
Player 2 Gets the Pet Desert Fox.

This way we don't only fight off real-world traders, but we help people having another way of acquiring items, some people want to sell items to friends or guild members
But have the risk of it being sold to another individual that they don't know, because they get to be luckier than the Friend/Guild Member that was supposed to retrieve the item.

With this trading mechanism we have the oppurtunity to stop real-world traders from Selling Items / Silver, without the (Real-World Buyer) having to put anything into the trade.
As it is using the market place prices to be able to Lock, and go through with the trade.

Let me know what you think of this, let's make Black Desert greater than what it already is!

Could make a Time Restriction before using the Trade mechanism.

Account has to be older than so and so time, before they can trade thus way

'Guest passes, trial accounts should not be allowed to trade this way.'

5 people like this

Posted

I had not really considered that..  a player to player trade window, being a single item market place posting in essence, between two players. 

I think thats maybe at least thinking in the right direction, all things considered :)

1 person likes this

Posted

nope, this will just open another aspect of pearl trading --> WTB> Dandelion Weapon, will gift pearl afterward

Yes the current system already have this happen but it's still RNG (you're not 100% get the item --> pearl transaction might not happen)

With the trade system in place, pearl trading will be 100% happen

1 person likes this

Posted

nope, this will just open another aspect of pearl trading --> WTB> Dandelion Weapon, will gift pearl afterward

Yes the current system already have this happen but it's still RNG (you're not 100% get the item --> pearl transaction might not happen)

With the trade system in place, pearl trading will be 100% happen

How is pearl trading a bad thing though?

It just another way of others to receive pearl items that can't buy pearls themselve because of low credit or a bad salary.
Ofcourse there will always be the risk of being scammed etc...

But this way others can actually receive pearl items, without having to fight 2,000 other people on the marketplace, and having to wait maybe months before getting a outfit or a costume.

Many games has had real-currency shop items being traded back and forth, they could also make the Pearl Boxes trade-able that you buy with your DAUM Cash.

They could polish this so much that it could be implemented.

Posted

What is so wrong with trading pearls? Essentially, pearls is what keeps a game like this running. They don't have a monthly subscription, and the amount you pay for the game is not going to cover their salarys for a long time... 

I have a feeling that people that has something against pearl trading are those who can't afford pearls themselves, which would mean they can't trade items if someone's selling. But I'd rather have that, than all the scammers and Marketplace bots there are now.

Would also like to add:
If we got a trading system like OP suggested, I want to see a pearl price on stuff as well. Say I want to sell my Dandelion Weapon Box for 1500 pearls, how would one do this? Have the pearls and enter the amount? This would nullify the silver sale, no? Because I must admit, some things are ridiculous. "Hey, pay 129 mil for this horse, but also gift me 3000 pearls!"

Overall, I want a trading between players-system. Some argue that there will be moneysharks "ruining the game", but I'd rather have "moneysharks" than scammers...

2 people like this

Posted

What is so wrong with trading pearls? Essentially, pearls is what keeps a game like this running. They don't have a monthly subscription, and the amount you pay for the game is not going to cover their salarys for a long time... 

Would also like to add:
If we got a trading system like OP suggested, I want to see a pearl price on stuff as well. Say I want to sell my Dandelion Weapon Box for 1500 pearls, how would one do this? Have the pearls and enter the amount? This would nullify the silver sale, no? Because I must admit, some things are ridiculous. "Hey, pay 129 mil for this horse, but also gift me 3000 pearls!"

^ This

'pay 129m and gift 3k pearls' Ehm? Double payment, to up your odds of winning the item through the pre-order? that's a one-way loss.

Twice the payment for one object/item.
This trading system would put an end to that, and ensure the scammers to go away.

I did not think of having a Pearls Currency in the Trading aswell, that could be a nice implementation aswell.

Posted

I was personally thinking it was a good idea guys, but then Gold-seller will start invading BDO's world, ruining everything.
What do you think about this? Is this a risk that you would accept no matter what?

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I was personally thinking it was a good idea guys, but then Gold-seller will start invading BDO's world, ruining everything.
What do you think about this? Is this a risk that you would accept no matter what?

there are several ways around this. One being a system where you can only trade to another player with equal value. For example player A has bheg gloves. Player B wants bheg gloves. Player B has 95m; this player will need to pay player A 77-95m for the gloves. Scenario B. Player A has bhegs. Player B has tree armor. They want what the other has. They can trade base armors to each other. This is just one implementation of player to player trading that denies gold sellers from existing still.

Edited by xSkyX
Stupid phone autocorrect
2 people like this

Posted

there are several ways around this. One being a system where you can only trade to another player with equal value. For example player A has bheg gloves. Player B wants bheg gloves. Player B has 95m; this player will need to pay player A 77-95m for the gloves. Scenario B. Player A has bhegs. Player B has tree armor. They want what the other has. They can trade base armors to each other. This is just one implementation of player to player trading that denies gold sellers from existing still.

Exactly what i was thinking, this way gold-sellers won't be able to trade raw silver, to fight the gold sellers.

If the Player 2 Player trade has the 'SET' prices from marketplace and you can't trade one item without having offered something equally valued, or the amount of silver, they won't be able to sell gold(silver).

1 person likes this

Posted

Player A clicks lock and trade.

Player B - a rather shady fellow disguised as a Tamer, feels the movement of a lag spike ripple start to move through his toes, seizes the opportunity clicks lock and trade and as the system compiles the transaction the player backs away as the lag spike reaches its peak.  Player A is teleported several feet away with no clue hes just been Kakao'd.  Player B realizes his fortune and runs down the streets of Heidel exclaiming victory for having gotten away with PEN Bhegs Gloves without paying a single silver (or pearl). 9_9

Player A submits a ticket...

Posted

Player A clicks lock and trade.

Player B - a rather shady fellow disguised as a Tamer, feels the movement of a lag spike ripple start to move through his toes, seizes the opportunity clicks lock and trade and as the system compiles the transaction the player backs away as the lag spike reaches its peak.  Player A is teleported several feet away with no clue hes just been Kakao'd.  Player B realizes his fortune and runs down the streets of Heidel exclaiming victory for having gotten away with PEN Bhegs Gloves without paying a single silver (or pearl). 9_9

Player A submits a ticket...

When clicking 'Lock' nothing would be able to be removed, or added.
They would most likely revamp the whole trading system, if they were to add this.

And if both were to Disconnect, or lag, the items would be sent to their ingame mailbox.

Posted

I would like that system too although the current one is not that bad... And as far as the boss gear sellers etc i think that if a person use a bit more time can get what a pearl-user has too .... it just need to be online so he try to bid as much times as he can ^^ 

Posted

When clicking 'Lock' nothing would be able to be removed, or added.
They would most likely revamp the whole trading system, if they were to add this.

And if both were to Disconnect, or lag, the items would be sent to their ingame mailbox.

You would think.  I'm just pointing out that lag, malicious players and uncommon occurences also need to be accounted for because they will impact the success of any type of trading mechanism put in the game at this point. In that scenario the system registered his lock and began processing the swap when he backed away and lag took over and the system never registered its completion.

If either party disconnected, lagged out or anything out of "normal" trading the trade should be nullified.  

Posted

If this trade system going to work we are going to see bdo fall down.

The main reason for that is, if a new player want to get boss gear, and have no luck with the drop rate,

He will  never be able to get it from the market place. Every one who will get a boss drop will try to sell it for pearls, Even players who got pearls will want more.

So we will stop see "rare" items on marketplace, and the only way you can get them is for real money or pure luck.

Now lets talk about gold-sellers.

They will love It !

- Gold Seller Bots get the boss gear

- Gold-sellers sell the boss gear for pearls -

- Gold-sellers get tons on pearls and boss gears

- Open a site offering pearls and "rare" items for real money -

global chat full of spam of selling and buying.

1 person likes this

Posted

How is pearl trading a bad thing though?

It just another way of others to receive pearl items that can't buy pearls themselve because of low credit or a bad salary.
Ofcourse there will always be the risk of being scammed etc...

But this way others can actually receive pearl items, without having to fight 2,000 other people on the marketplace, and having to wait maybe months before getting a outfit or a costume.

Many games has had real-currency shop items being traded back and forth, they could also make the Pearl Boxes trade-able that you buy with your DAUM Cash.

They could polish this so much that it could be implemented.

I have a feeling that people that has something against pearl trading are those who can't afford pearls themselves, which would mean they can't trade items if someone's selling. But I'd rather have that, than all the scammers and Marketplace bots there are now.

Would also like to add:

Overall, I want a trading between players-system. Some argue that there will be moneysharks "ruining the game", but I'd rather have "moneysharks" than scammers...

You two are kidding right?

So now the game 100% turn into who got money = got the item? (aka pay to win 100% and not just partial like now) screw the peasant, hail to the whale lolz 

You got silver in the game? not enough, need cash too for this item, that item (don't even try to say that people will still sell their stuff for "just" silver - nope, wont ever happen)

Silver = useless, pearl become real currency ... think before you voice your idea please lolz

Side note: the game actually have monthly subscription already -- aka value pack (without it, you basically become disabled since you are not making much profit aka market, lost some weight, lose from slots, no more dye for you, etc lolz)

Posted

Its already full of bots, so we need as player a way to be able to trade and buy from market in a way that sniper bots or the person with the most money cant interfer

Posted

You two are kidding right?

So now the game 100% turn into who got money = got the item? (aka pay to win 100% and not just partial like now) screw the peasant, hail to the whale lolz 

You got silver in the game? not enough, need cash too for this item, that item (don't even try to say that people will still sell their stuff for "just" silver - nope, wont ever happen)

Silver = useless, pearl become real currency ... think before you voice your idea please lolz

Side note: the game actually have monthly subscription already -- aka value pack (without it, you basically become disabled since you are not making much profit aka market, lost some weight, lose from slots, no more dye for you, etc lolz)

There are many ways to counter this issue, but you only seem to look at the negative of it, im not trying to discriminate you but you seem to be one of those, who wont support any suggestions thats being put up here, how come?

If people want to sell their items for pearls let them, they can already trade costumes, pets and more through marketplace, Value Pack as a subscription in your eyes?

I see everyday alot of people not using value packs, and they still seem to have fun
So don't talk about value packs being a subscription like thing, because it's really not.

Posted (edited)

There are many ways to counter this issue, but you only seem to look at the negative of it, im not trying to discriminate you but you seem to be one of those, who wont support any suggestions thats being put up here, how come?

If people want to sell their items for pearls let them, they can already trade costumes, pets and more through marketplace, Value Pack as a subscription in your eyes?

Go through the list of my reply or even my thread before actually say that dude :) no, i do support a lot of suggestion but i won't support those i think will be bad for the game (such as this one). And I actually elaborate each of my reply on why i don't think this is a good idea.

If you want to counter my view, go ahead, i will read it carefully and see if your point make sense.

So your view is, even if the game become 100% pearl trade only, it is good? i really have nothing else to talk to you if you think it that way :) 

The problem is not "if people want to sell their items for pearl" more like everyone will sell their item for pearl and none will even post it on the market anymore.

Sure, i understand people still enjoy the game without value pack, but it wont be fun for free-to-play player anymore since they can't get their end game gear on the market anymore and need to find it themselves since no one going to put it on the AH anymore.

Yup, it won't even affect me if this change actually got implemented since i'm one of the pay to play player, but i'm 100% sure it will broke the game "badly".

Before you counter my view, think about it and actually give me your counter opinion and not just "let them be" (and lets me know your one of "many way" please)

Edited by Nguyen Ken

Posted

Yea I would think its a good idea seening that it seems 90% of the wanted items go to people who can seem to click buy and buy max stacks in .1sec off the market place(bots).Now they made it to where you can't even trade a horse to a friend with a 10 min wait time and a -----ing notice.So please yes allow personal trading in the game.I'm sick of spending months to get a item and letting a bot buy it.As for the gold-sellers maybe you guys can ban the players that use them like every other game or not allow you to trade money or let you sell items on the Auction/Horse maket that guildies can see and buy within 5mins?I see the server lag,rubber banning and reloading are still here so really what do you guys do aside for copy and paste from Kr BDO? 

If this trade system going to work we are going to see bdo fall down.

The main reason for that is, if a new player want to get boss gear, and have no luck with the drop rate,

He will  never be able to get it from the market place. Every one who will get a boss drop will try to sell it for pearls, Even players who got pearls will want more.

So we will stop see "rare" items on marketplace, and the only way you can get them is for real money or pure luck.

Now lets talk about gold-sellers.

They will love It !

- Gold Seller Bots get the boss gear

- Gold-sellers sell the boss gear for pearls -

- Gold-sellers get tons on pearls and boss gears

- Open a site offering pearls and "rare" items for real money -

global chat full of spam of selling and buying.

LMAO there are already people selling boss gear for pearls Ofc its a scam though but i see them spam that in world chat.So why not just open it up so friends don't have to waste months for a 5% chance to get a item that friend is wanting to give for free.That or ban the market bots

Posted

Yea I would think its a good idea seening that it seems 90% of the wanted items go to people who can seem to click buy and buy max stacks in .1sec off the market place(bots).Now they made it to where you can't even trade a horse to a friend with a 10 min wait time and a -----ing notice.So please yes allow personal trading in the game.I'm sick of spending months to get a item and letting a bot buy it.As for the gold-sellers maybe you guys can ban the players that use them like every other game or not allow you to trade money or let you sell items on the Auction/Horse maket that guildies can see and buy within 5mins?I see the server lag,rubber banning and reloading are still here so really what do you guys do aside for copy and paste from Kr BDO? 

Side note: they're publisher :) not developer so i don't think they can modify the game as they please.

You have a good idea there which allow friend/guild mate see the item first before everyone else -- however, they need to reinvent the friend/guild system for that then :) not just add into friendlist and you become friend or invite to guild and you become guildmate. I already suggest this before -- implement a score/contribution point for both friend and guild. You play together with that friend (grinding, chatting, etc) and doing guild quest for point and until in get to a certain point --> personal trade unlock for friend and early AH listing for guildmates. The point deduct after each transaction to ensure that the player will continue to play/contribute.

LMAO there are already people selling boss gear for pearls Ofc its a scam though but i see them spam that in world chat.So why not just open it up so friends don't have to waste months for a 5% chance to get a item that friend is wanting to give for free.That or ban the market bots

No .. they didn't spam yet lolz :) you see them here and there :) but they will flood the chat after they allow free player to player trading.

Posted

I assume the 10 mil for the 'Desert fox' was meant to be the actual market price (which is really only 5.382 mil) other wise this game would definitely become p2w.

If that is true and we could only sell items at the same price as the MP Current Max Price the only purpose this would serve, other than hooking up a friend, would be to avoid MP taxes, unless they made the value of traded items  =  ( .845 * MPValue ). 

If they didn't reduce the player to player trade higher end items would no longer go onto the MP and at the same time less people would buy 'Value Packs' because they don't have to worry about taxes, meaning less money to Devs.

The other thing that would happen is that real world traders would 24-7 sit at the MP buy every pet, etc, and then be able to sell them for RW money. 

The MP rng as is,  though irritating (especially now that certain b-ts have been revealed), inhibits real world trader developement.

Posted

Good suggestion, really doesnt make a difference between Marketplace except the fact that you know whos going to get it, and silver will still be transferred. To bad this is Hermit Desert Online, any sort of person to person interaction that doesnt involve killing (either you or the mobs) is prohibited.

Look at our amazing system, LOOK AT IT.
tradelol_001.thumb.jpg.501cb0a695ac57226

Posted

I play this game because, unlike IRL, you can not get everything you want just by throwing money at it. You have to play the game to progress. Please do not ruin the game for me by making it as worthless as IRL.

Posted

i like this but i also see the thing with people still demanding pearls so im i suggest is that we make trading between players exclusive to guild members only and you must be in the guild for at least 1 week before any trading can happen or something aye

Posted

You people seem to be unable to grasp the idea of the suggestion LOL.

Nobody is getting free gear, all the suggestion is doing is making sure if I wanna sell something to someone, they will get it as oppose to the stupid system we have which, if I wanna give/sell an item, somehow someway apparently its cool to include the entire server.

THIS IS NOT A FREE TRADING SYSTEM. THIS IS TRADING OF ITEM AND SILVER WITH BASIS BASE ON MARKETPLACE.