• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cooking/Alchemy stopping 1 craft short

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Is anyone else experiencing this bug? When crafting large quantities of items it stops 1 short 80% of the time.

Posted

No?

I went through two cooking utensils today and each took exactly 900 cycles.

Posted (edited)

I've never seen that happen. Are you sure your cooking/alchemy tool didn't expire 1 cook short? If you're experiencing that 80% of the time, something you're not recognizing is going on. And if it were a bug that happened that often, I'd expect that a lot more people would have spoken up about it now.

Every "continuous batch" that I run, goes for exactly the number of cooks I ask of it. But continuous cooking is only based on the mats you have available. It doesn't take into account the durability of your cooking/alchemy utensil. 

When starting a continuous batch, are you selecting Maximum which automatically calculates the most you can do? Or are you entering the number in manually?

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

Is anyone else experiencing this bug? When crafting large quantities of items it stops 1 short 80% of the time.

Yes, it is rare to not happen to me, as you describe it. For me there is not always one left, some times there are even 2 left. I thought it had to do with the durability weapon crystals I use, or some kind of lag issue.  Got used to it though, doesn't even bother me anymore.

Posted (edited)

No, this only seems to be a problem with NPC-Worker queues AFAICT  .. it's also not nearly problematic enough to warrant its own bug report either

Edited by iller

Posted

If you start cooking/alchemy with almost max of your weight limit with your active alchemy stone, maybe it stops for that reason, because there is a millisecond where you would get overweight. 

Posted

First off weight isnt the problem, a 100 crafts isnt going to fill you.

Second off, Pressing F and then R is max crafts.

Yes, it is rare to not happen to me, as you describe it. For me there is not always one left, some times there are even 2 left. I thought it had to do with the durability weapon crystals I use, or some kind of lag issue.  Got used to it though, doesn't even bother me anymore.

I almost mentioned this as well but that is even more rare than the single use left.

Posted (edited)

If you start cooking/alchemy with almost max of your weight limit with your active alchemy stone, maybe it stops for that reason, because there is a millisecond where you would get overweight. 

In my experience, you can't start a cook if the first result would overweight you past the point you couldn't carry anymore. If you can do the first cook, then your overall weight typically goes down. So large batches would fail on the first cook, and not the last. Only time your weight increases is when you're doing Imperial Cooking and the crates usually weigh 5x or more the ingredients you're combining.

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

In my experience, you can't start a cook if the first result would overweight you past the point you couldn't carry anymore. If you can do the first cook, then your overall weight typically goes down. So large batches would fail on the first cook, and not the last. Only time your weight increases is when you're doing Imperial Cooking and the crates usually weigh 5x or more the ingredients you're combining.

I got a +75lt alchemy stone, and this still happens to me once a while. I think you don't know what I mean

Posted

I got a +75lt alchemy stone, and this still happens to me once a while. I think you don't know what I mean

I got a sharp stone too. It's not that. It happens with and without it.

Posted

Sometimes alchemy stones bug out and the buffs stays active even though the stone itself is turned off and the buff icons are gone.

In this stage you still have the decreased cooking time even though you shouldn't. At some point the game "catches up" and realises the mistake..

For some reason this catching up usually occurs in the last few cooks. When this happens to me the cooking stops 1-2 cooks short of the end with a cooking time invalid message.

Posted

Im not overweight or even close to it. 

So no this isnt it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0