• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CC Lockout

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I spent few hours searching everywhere, but couldn't find any real info about lockouts between CCs, besides this Ninja post:

CC lockout breakdown thanks to @Zephen :

• Freeze : Locks ALL CC for a few seconds after it's used.
  • Stiffness : Only locks further Stiffness
  • Stun : Locks Stun and Knockdown
  • Knockdown : Locks Knockdown and Stun
  • Bound : Locks Bound and Float
  • Float : Locks Float and Bound
  • Grab Locks everything but other grabs (thanks`AckwardNinja)

But when I tested it, I can KD right after a stun, and my alt wiz can also grab after Freeze. Did they remove CC lockouts or the lockout only last a very small amount of time? Does anybody has more info on it? Much appreciated.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

-Deleted-

Edited by iller

Posted

Did you even read OP? They are looking for info, not complaining.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Did you even read OP? They are looking for info, not complaining.

But when I tested it,

That's NOT a question, that is an ASSERTION, they just wanted their own ideal validated

The Bug-Report forum is over that way -------->

Edited by iller

Posted

I didn't mean to discuss it is needed or not, I just wondering if someone has more info and clarifications since I am writing a PVP combo guide for my guild, and after testing it between different classes, it only made me more confused.

We got a small group of PVP lovers hanging out in arena with low AP gears on purpose so that ppl don't get one shot and free to play with longer combo, and I enjoy making those dynamic combos that's why I am interested to know the interactions between each type of CCs since we all know how BDO Dev like to hide information. 

Posted

That's NOT a question, that is an ASSERTION, they just wanted their own ideal validated

The Bug-Report forum is over that way -------->

You high?

Posted

This game doesn't *need* Lockouts and it never did.   What it needed to do from the very start was give certain underperforming classes along with pure-DP accessories a Scaling critical resistance -- and then NOT have CC resistance act as an RNG mechanic but rather as a duration shortener for said CC.   It's bad enough all of our gear in this game is RNG gated, there was never any need to make the CC' "immune" also be RNG gated. 

Lockout is a terrible mechanic in general when you've got more than 3 CC types and unstable netcode.  The general populace doesn't CARE about being snared in place for 2-3 seconds because they're not Forum dwelling Tryhards who tend to always live in the top 2% of mimmax powergaming.  I'm serious, Plebs don't even talk about this stuff in-game.  It's a complaint that is entirely Overrepresented by the "community" that is being sampled just like how you'd assume that Libertarians make up way more than 2% of the populace in the US if you never talked to real people and instead read mostly YouTube comment sections.

EDIT:  I realize I'm still attempting to apply too much Brevity to concepts that require entire paragraphs each to explain.  In the simplest terms I can put them:  People *think* Lockout needs to exist ... because MinMaxxers & Abusers exist  (but ONLY in that 2% demographic).  IOW:  people who immediately figure out which attacks either "chain", or pulse multiple CC procs the fastest.  In other words this is a "problem" that only exists in response to a Problem that was caused by the very same demographic that was complaining about the first problem and if people STAHPed trying to be such tryhards in every damned game the problems would largely solve themselves.

Every single person I fight in game actually does complain about desync and being perma grabbed or cc'd lol....

Posted (edited)

Every single person I fight in game actually does complain about desync and being perma grabbed 

Not the same things, not even close to the same things 

I didn't mean to discuss it is needed or not, I just wondering if someone has more info and clarifications since I am writing a PVP combo guide for my guild, and after testing it between different classes, it only made me more confused.

We got a small group of PVP lovers hanging out in arena with low AP gears on purpose so that ppl don't get one shot and free to play with longer combo, and I enjoy making those dynamic combos that's why I am interested to know the interactions between each type of CCs since we all know how BDO Dev like to hide information. 

Fair enough since that playstyle setup pretty much has the same result as scaling crit resist would have

Edited by iller