• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Valkyrie propaganda debunked.

244 posts in this topic

Posted

Valk main counter arguments:

1. Wave of light:
No argument with this, Wave of light is the single thing that sets valk apart and makes them wanted. Wave of Light is the whole purpose of valk in large scale pretty much.

2.Purificatione 
This is a nice, but small, heal. When you can manage to get it off that is. The range is very short, and it goes in 1 line in front of the valk. i would say it misses friendly  target 75% of the time when accounting for fighting, movement, and iframes.

3. Lingering super armor
this only lasts for 1 second after dropping block if you don't use any skills. The moment you press a skill the SA is gone. No one just drops block to move around for a second. For all intents and purposes this is a useless feature and isn't as good as warrior's lingering SA because it doesn't last through skills like warriors.

4. 360* CC immunity in block
True, if you don't move. If you're moving while blocking, you can be CC'd.  I don't know if this is intentional or a bug, but valks block isn't true CC immunity. Most valks don't just stand still in block while you pound on them.

5. Mobility
For a short burst, valk can move a rather large distance very quickly, but it leaves you with 0 stamina and low mana. Valk base movement is one of the slowest in the game. 
Valk is overall not very mobile because the short burst of speed leaves you very vulnerable. In an arena setting valk mobility is perfect. in OW it's extremely lacking. 

6. Damage
Your videos are an evasion warrior getting 1 combo'd by a full ACC build valk. They cancel each other out. Of course the warrior got 1 combo'd. Any class with the same build would 1 combo that warrior. Your examples are bad. 
With that said, single target valk damage isn't bad once you hit level 60 and are around 210+ap.
All other awaken classes do the same or better damage. 

7. PVE
Calling valk a beast in pve is just plainly a lie. It is one of the slowest pve classes. I've leveled every class to 56 at least, most above that though (i like alts, sue me) and valk is the slowest grinding class out of all of them. This is a big problem seeing how valk needs to be level 60 to be effectively used. The video you shown of valk "high end pve" is also a bad example give without any comparison. Valk's only pve saving grace is wave of light, but on a 25 second cooldown it ends up with you clearing a decent amount of mobs once every 25 seconds, then the rest of the time being in pve hell. 

8. "Valk is Boarderline OP"
Valk is overall balanced, surrounded by classes that are not balanced. Valk isn't OP. They have a reasonable amount of tools for most situations, rather than only have the BEST OP tools for 1 situation. The only thing valk has that another class doesn't is Wave of Light. Everything else that a valk does, another class can do better. 

Thanks for reading.

you still pve better than maehwa!

Posted (edited)

thank you forum for ruining my post.
nevermind.

Edited by xcandykitten

Posted (edited)

6. Damage
Your videos are an evasion warrior getting 1 combo'd by a full ACC build valk. They cancel each other out. Of course the warrior got 1 combo'd. Any class with the same build would 1 combo that warrior. Your examples are bad. 
With that said, single target valk damage isn't bad once you hit level 60 and are around 210+ap.
All other awaken classes do the same or better damage.

What's evasion when Boss armor is the norm. Is it his single Sicil?Does he have tri centaur or cadry guardians? Oh you mean his Vangertz shield?lol. Vangertz shields and Saiyer knots are the best offhands; some can argue Vangertz is better than Nouver/Kutum for PvP.

Moreover, you mean to say that testing against the toughest opponent is a bad reference? Imagine a player without this normie af build, you think they'll survive for long?

Edited by Syun

Posted

valkyre's ultimate does 3 times more damage than warrior one and is probably the highest damage ult in the entire game (even higher than wizard) 

Valk are very strong yeah i know that for sure but their 100% doesnt do 3 time more dmg then warrior 100%... warrior 100% is still the second strongest after the wiz/witch. their DPS is very good with decent gear year but TAMERS still deal alot more dmg with same stats. Im not main valk im a maewha who strugle vs warriors and valks and i always fight those classes the best so i can say their dmg is real good but no way better then war or tamers,

Posted (edited)

Tankiness
This came with the upgraded block, blocking about 75% more damage than shield and sword, lance and shield is an intimidating force to be reckoned with on the battlefield, which is amplified by lingering super armour, which valkyries and warriors get after using their block ability, this means that if a valkyrie blocks, then stops blocking they are IMMUNE to crowd control, this means that the valkyrie is completely safe to cast any skill it wants, many valks on the forum will pretend that this is a trait exclusive to warrior, but here is footage to debunk that.
https://my.mixtape.moe/unvkic.webm
https://my.mixtape.moe/ivzrnu.webm
https://my.mixtape.moe/gidngw.webm

As you can see in the links above, the valkyrie is not bound, however in the clip below, she gets bound.
https://my.mixtape.moe/osdavx.webm

Valkyrie's Super armour block is also 360 degrees, meaning that while a valkyrie is blocking you can go behind them and attack them as much as you want, but you cannot CC them, making them incredibly overpowered when fighting against a class without a grab, proof of this can be found here: https://my.mixtape.moe/rrkbkf.webm

Bullshit i do thousand of test  Valk dont have a 360 Block AND the Super armor after block

Valk Ultimate do 0 damage major of the time. cause Enslar is the MUCH EASY TO DODGE ULTIMATE EVER. And Now with the Evasion meta.. you miss all time.

Edited by Catastigma
5 people like this

Posted

Bullshit i do thousand of test  Valk dont have a 360 Block AND the Super armor after block

Valk Ultimate do 0 damage major of the time. cause Enslar is the MUCH EASY TO DODGE ULTIMATE EVER. And Now with the Evasion meta.. you miss all time.

this post right here is the kind of people that should be banned from playing this game

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Valk are very strong yeah i know that for sure but their 100% doesnt do 3 time more dmg then warrior 100%... warrior 100% is still the second strongest after the wiz/witch. their DPS is very good with decent gear year but TAMERS still deal alot more dmg with same stats. Im not main valk im a maewha who strugle vs warriors and valks and i always fight those classes the best so i can say their dmg is real good but no way better then war or tamers,

geared valk can 1shot me with the fall damage alone with the ult (321 dp tet armors 61 lvl) and the 3 pulses before the fall do same damage as the fall damage itself

and with stacked cast speed u can channel the entire ult while ur enemy is cced and unable to move

it does more damage than witch/wiz ult

and lol at thinking tamer does even remotely close to this damage with 180 ap without using grab

Edited by irrelevant

Posted

ITT: OP is a salty non-valk player using a wall of text to try and make Valks seem overpowered. People agree without having played valk.

HAH.

Utility: Yes, Wave of light is great and all... But being our main skill for both PvE and PvP, on a 25s cooldown, where we lose a lot of PvP value/PvE clear without it. Skill's good, cooldown is not. Breath of Elion has a 40s cooldown for 20% of allies (in a very short range) max hp, which quite frankly, is a top-off at best. Elions blessing is never taken because it has a long cooldown, a 6s use time (seriously, what can you do in 6 sec, 4-5 after you do the cast time for it), and most classes spam iframes/SA. Heavens Echo, sure, acc is great... Did you forget to mention almost all of valk's skills have no acc modifiers on them? I think the highest they go is 6% at max level (often needing lv 60-61).

Tankiness: We do NOT have lingering superarmor. Anyone who actually PLAYS valk knows this, not just "hurr durr we tested this". Go to a world boss like tree, block, and try to use any skill as he attacks. You will get knocked on your ass immediately. As Candykitten pointed out as well, it only applies the 360 block when we are standing still (read: a sitting duck). By the way, almost all classes have a grab, and by the way, our shield can still be broken, it's not invincibility. It gets blown the ----- up (even when not bugged) in node wars.

Mobility: HAHAHA. Oh wait, you're serious? LET ME LAUGH EVEN HARDER. Most other classes have much better mobility WITHOUT needing to drain our sp pool (each dash costs 35 sp, max pool of ~600... Most of our skills needing 50+).

Damage: If you get a full combo off, sure... But our skills are PAINFULLY slow, to the point where most of them have short range and slow cast speeds that make them much less threatening and even harder to combo together. I mean one of the skills alone has a 3 second cast time, most other classes can use a full kill rotation in that time. Also just look at the buffs on that valk, fighting a full evasion build... You're surprised he dies so quickly???

Oh yeah, just hit 60 on your valk, then you become good... Why didn't we all think of that before? It was only so simple, why didn't those top PvP guilds see this before and grab up all of the valks??? Oh yeah, because grinding to 60 on a valk is HORRIBLE. I can get maybe 75% of my witch friend's exp/hour with more buffs then them, using the same bashim rotations.

This thread made me laugh.

3 people like this

Posted

Your entire line of arguments is ruined as soon as you realize that the lingering superarmor gets cancelled with any skill. CS has SA by itself, it's not in the tooltip, but it doesn't come from our block. That's very easy to test if you use it on a boss fight when bheg swings at you or whatever.

In reality, Valk has basically no SA while attacking (unless you count the two slow SA AoE attacks that are currently only viable in very large scale). Those two skills will get sped up soon, and that might make things broken, but at the current time you are just pulling stuff out of your nose.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Tankiness: We do NOT have lingering superarmor.

it's literally shown in videos in the first post

how can you type with such arrogance and confidence IT'S LITERALLY THERE TO SEE 

HOW IS THIS NOT LINGERING SA???? 

valkyre in my guild is facepalming right now and crying that people like you play his class 

Damage: If you get a full combo off, sure... But our skills are PAINFULLY slow, to the point where most of them have short range and slow cast speeds that make them much less threatening and even harder to combo together.

if you think valkyre is slow wait until you play another class, most of the classes channel a single skill 2 times slower than valk does 50% +of your hp with hastistuff 

wait, whats your rbf score and pvp experience again? 

Edited by irrelevant

Posted

it's literally shown in videos in the first post

how can you type with such arrogance and confidence IT'S LITERALLY THERE TO SEE 

HOW IS THIS NOT LINGERING SA???? 

if you think valkyre is slow wait until you play another class, most of the classes channel a single skill 2 times slower than valk does 50% +of your hp with hastistuff 

wait, whats your rbf score and pvp experience again? 

1) RBF is irrelevant, just like you. My guild owns multiple t3 nodes, so go figure.

2) That "lingering SA" lasts all of 1 second, and >> GOES AWAY IF YOU USE A SKILL. << Go ahead and tell me how useful that will be to just put down your shield in a node war to get that sweet 1s of SA.

1 person likes this

Posted

Remember the Kill/Death Ratio chart from the event? Valks were 3rd or 4th from the bottom.

Tamers were 5th from the top. Nerf Tamers

Classes are more than just a wobbly K/D ratio, and that graph does not understand that.

Posted

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/138255-tamers-fair-in-general-pvpaka-pretty-good-due-to-pas-graph/

"Classes are more than just a wobbly K/D ratio, and that graph does not understand that."

And to a certain extent this is true, however the numbers don't lie. Valkyries are far less successful on average than the other classes in the chart, and not particularly well represented in pvp in the first place. There are reasons for this and 'being overpowered' as this thread idiotically states(with isolated examples and no comparisons to other classes) is not one of them.

Posted

And to a certain extent this is true, however the numbers don't lie. Valkyries are far less successful on average than the other classes in the chart, and not particularly well represented in pvp in the first place. There are reasons for this and 'being overpowered' as this thread idiotically states(with isolated examples and no comparisons to other classes) is not one of them.

Plus, OP clearly doesn't play valk, so they have no experience - they just use getting beat up by a valk as "examples".

Posted (edited)

1) RBF is irrelevant, just like you. My guild owns multiple t3 nodes, so go figure.

translation: "I have absolutely no pvp experience"

also nice trying to show off with your guild, what your guild has achieved is not on you. And what your guild has achieved isn't even great. Lmao

2) That "lingering SA" lasts all of 1 second, and >> GOES AWAY IF YOU USE A SKILL. << Go ahead and tell me how useful that will be to just put down your shield in a node war to get that sweet 1s of SA.

i hope lying in the forum is against the rules and you get what you deserve 

Plus, OP clearly doesn't play valk, so they have no experience - they just use getting beat up by a valk as "examples".

plus there's obviously a valkyre in the OP that helped for the tests, does he also not play a valk? 

Edited by irrelevant

Posted (edited)

Remember the Kill/Death Ratio chart from the event? Valks were 3rd or 4th from the bottom.

Tamers were 5th from the top. Nerf Tamers

using the kill/death ratio chart as a reference point is pretty lol

asking front line classes to be top in kills is like asking backline classes to be super tanky (unless you're a wtich/wizard and u can be both)

classes are playing different roles and expecting them to have similar k/d ratios is not only moronic, it is a dangerous precedent to set for class balance

Edited by Blackstag
1 person likes this

Posted

translation: "I have absolutely no pvp experience"

also nice trying to show off with your guild, what your guild has achieved is not on you. And what your guild has achieved isn't even great. Lmao

i hope lying in the forum is against the rules and you get what you deserve 

plus there's obviously a valkyre in the OP that helped for the tests, does he also not play a valk? 

Considering I help in most wars... no? We regularly participate in region wars, too.

We also get no input from that valk, so it's just one warrior QQing. Other valk could say "yeah this class -----ing sucks until lv 61 then it's ok" and then what?

Posted (edited)

using the kill/death ratio chart as a reference point is pretty lol

Ignoring it is pretty lol considering its some of the only official data we have. I mean really...Are DKs Witches, and Wizards not right where you would expect them?

Edited by bob349

Posted (edited)

Ignoring it is pretty lol considering its some of the only official data we have. I mean really...Are DKs Witches, and Wizards not right where you would expect them?

Time to reroll Tamer then!

Dulfy

• Among top 200 AP players, 50 are Dark Knight, 43 are Ranger, 2 are Tamer and just 1 is Kunoichi.
  • Among top 200 DP players, 55 are Witch, 27 are Berserkers, 5 are Musa and 3 for Kunoichi.

There's some of the data from the event, idk maybe those 4 kunoichi weren't enough to skew the data lol(considering they're at the bottom). Again K/D does not mean anything, specially to a zerker. you can run around rbf and just get kills, never dying and picking your fights suddenly your K/D is 20:1.

Edited by Syun
1 person likes this

Posted

Time to reroll Tamer then!

Dulfy

There's some of the data from the event, idk maybe those 4 kunoichi weren't enough to skew the data lol(considering they're at the bottom). Again K/D does not mean anything, specially to a zerker. you can run around rbf and just get kills, never dying and picking your fights suddenly your K/D is 20:1.

I think you're confused. The chart data is from the game over time. They pulled seperate class count statistics from top 200 AP players, and top 200 DP players for those class counts. It has nothing to do with the chart, as you can clearly see the chart is over a long period of time. Berserkers are the elephant in the room considering grab chains are broken as -----, but it makes sense that they wouldnt get those kills, as they make it easy for everyone to bandwagon onto the kill and steal it from the berserker.

Posted (edited)

As a lvl 60 valk i loved the post. Extremely well laid out and presented. Imo ranging from right on to wtf you smoking. The mobility example and explanation is lol. That valk isn't going very far, isn't going very fast and uses all his resources in 2 seconds. If only he would have used lmb + a or d for the speed buff it would be a much better example. Dark crusade as the damage example is like telling an alien that humans are tall and showing a picture of Shaq. You are correct that a insanely leveled and geared valk does a lot of damage.

The most interesting part of the post for me is why would anyone waste the time writing it. What is the point or goal. Why would someone care about valk propaganda. Why would someone be angered so much about someone they don't know complaining about something that doesn't effect them. At least the word valk was mentioned on the general forum, our existence was being forgotten. I'm super impressed with the content and layout of the post, nice job.

Edited by bloody fetus
incomplete
11 people like this

Posted (edited)

geared valk can 1shot me with the fall damage alone with the ult (321 dp tet armors 61 lvl) and the 3 pulses before the fall do same damage as the fall damage itself

and with stacked cast speed u can channel the entire ult while ur enemy is cced and unable to move

it does more damage than witch/wiz ult

and lol at thinking tamer does even remotely close to this damage with 180 ap without using grab

Yes tamer do alot more dmg with same stats.. pls stop to say bullshit about tamers when u are one of the strongest tamers around.  Your 321 is nothing but some evasion stacked by tri sicil ,tet armor , and tet kutum so with enough accuracy your dp means nothing. any geared class can one shot tamers with your stats cuz tamers have the badest defense among all classes but as pure dps di say they are third right now  just after dk ( with awekening) and wiz,witch. your class die easly and easly kills thats it accept it or just reroll

P.S. i dont have 20K rbf score but sure i dont cry whole time over my class. i still think tamers are one of the hardest class to beat because ANY mistake end with a death.. mine or their and i cant say the same for Valk

Edited by DaiCazzo

Posted

Yes tamer do alot more dmg with same stats.. pls stop to say bullshit about tamers when u are one of the strongest tamers around.  Your 321 is nothing but some evasion stacked by tri sicil ,tet armor , and tet kutum so with enough accuracy your dp means nothing. any geared class can one shot tamers with your stats cuz tamers have the badest defense among all classes but as pure dps di say they are third right now  just after dk ( with awekening) and wiz,witch. your class die easly and easly kills thats it accept it or just reroll

Yup so many tamers in siege/nodewar/rbf. Very common pvp class /s. Let me guess, you lost to a tamer ?

Posted

Are you sure that valk didn't stack a lot of resist and just resist your knock down ?

I did the same test with no resist gems

And for mobility, that dash cancels eat 200 stamina each. It's only good for short burst.

Posted (edited)

Warrior can grind at pila ku in same speed / bit faster with 35 less ap and 2lvl lower than valk on that vid. 

Edited by Chors