• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Prepare yourselves for the meta shift and choose wisely

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Now that PA has recognized that some classes are far overpowered in PVP based on statistics, It's not going to matter which class you chose/choose. They will all be balanced soon. What has mattered then, all along, is your grinding capability and power in PVE. 

If youre a veteran, you remember the days when melee classes couldnt touch world bosses. Back when rangers, wizards and witches were kings as everyone else struggled to stay alive at the world boss. Now, it doesnt matter who you are. Neither will it matter in PVP. Soon.

So what does that mean for the meta? It means that the true endgame has been PVE prowess. How fast and efficiently can you burn through groups of mobs. This will be the long term edge, over many years to come. And wizards/witches are likely to take the crown here, too.  

Posted

Hah...Soon, good one.

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

This is why I switched off Kunoichi to roll a Witch, I realized no matter how well I perform in PvP I wouldn't be able to compete in PvE. Which as you said is important since it's how you make money so you could then PvP. 

Edited by Technicolor Type

Posted

yeah assuming grinding is only way to make silver, good joke. 

Posted

yeah assuming grinding is only way to make silver, good joke. 

Only? no.

Best? yes.

Posted

LOL nope never

Posted

Kinda over simplified 

balenced or not, theres always going to be classes that will be weaker to other classes 

Posted

Only? no.

Best? yes.

Can you make 1b/week? I think not.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

i think this topic should be more of "play what you want" over "play best pve class". There are plenty of other ways to make money that are arguably worse or better than grinding and at the end of the day does it really matter that much? Regardless of class balance the threshold of "deleting" eachother will remain consistent and anything past the threshold becomes negligible/redundant. So unless youre playing catchup, grinding speeds will only get you so far, so just play whatever the hell you enjoy.

Edited by Cat Box
1 person likes this

Posted

Spotted the gullible one

1 person likes this

Posted

Sometime in the year 2050 when they decide to balance classes on NA/EU, Maewah will be #1.

2 people like this

Posted

i think this topic should be more of "play what you want" over "play best pve class". There are plenty of other ways to make money that are arguably worse or better than grinding and at the end of the day does it really matter that much? Regardless of class balance the threshold of "deleting" eachother will remain consistent and anything past the threshold becomes negligible/redundant. So unless youre playing catchup, grinding speeds will only get you so far, so just play whatever the hell you enjoy.

Lol nice try. When i come delete you at pirates let me know how fun that boat ride back to epheria is. 

Posted (edited)

Lol nice try. When i come delete you at pirates let me know how fun that boat ride back to epheria is. 

great point dude. If you arent even going to try to defend your point of view why even make a topic for discussion? Do you just like the attention?

Edited by Cat Box

Posted

Posted

lol shut up kid, you're trash and we all know it. 

1 person likes this

Posted

There is never true balance between the classes. At the moment Witch/Wiz takes the crown for a lot of things, but I'm predicting it will get over-nerfed and become a sitting duck in PvP and their damage is getting a nerf so it's possible they may not be anywhere near as competitive in PvE, Wizard I believe will be the one to get hit harder of the two by the nerfs given it was basically turned into a semi-melee class.

Posted

well i was expecting a thread on how DP is actually gonna be viable with the new shift in stat balancing, seems like this turned into another shitpost.

What should have been said here is how now they're shifting towards a more stable gameplay style that's less based on who gets first cc/hit and rather who plays consistently better than the other player, enough so that you land on average more successful CC and hits to win rather than a flip of a coin everyone glass cannon-ing like retards.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

12h/day 8-12m/hours Sausan 12x7=84 so 84x8=674, 84x12 =1008.    so 674-1008m/week.

Edited by Catastigma

Posted

12h/day 8-12m/hours Sausan 12x7=84 so 84x8=674, 84x12 =1008.    so 674-1008m/week.

Nah bro he got it all figured out life skills make 1b per week. 

Posted

Now that PA has recognized that some classes are far overpowered in PVP based on statistics, It's not going to matter which class you chose/choose. They will all be balanced soon. What has mattered then, all along, is your grinding capability and power in PVE. 

If youre a veteran, you remember the days when melee classes couldnt touch world bosses. Back when rangers, wizards and witches were kings as everyone else struggled to stay alive at the world boss. Now, it doesnt matter who you are. Neither will it matter in PVP. Soon.

So what does that mean for the meta? It means that the true endgame has been PVE prowess. How fast and efficiently can you burn through groups of mobs. This will be the long term edge, over many years to come. And wizards/witches are likely to take the crown here, too.  

once game has been rebalanced it will be good to see everyone puting this wiz/witch debacle to rest and move on with their respective chores.

1 person likes this

Posted

I advise ppl to visit the night vendor regularly and buy up every single Dande that pops, even when ur not playing that class, that class might become OP in the next patch.

Posted

I advise ppl to visit the night vendor regularly and buy up every single Dande that pops, even when ur not playing that class, that class might become OP in the next patch.

You need level 60 for any class to be "OP" though. The dmg difference between 56 and 60 is so massive. Doesn't matter if you play current "top meta" class with all the right gear, if your enemy is a level 60-61 opponent with all flows and awakening tiers it's bye-bye. You get shit on.

Majority of BDO population cant even manage to grind their main to level 60+ lol. Just look at channel growth ranks. Sometimes even 59+ players end up on it. So I'm really struggling to see how those people are suppose to do 60+ on multiple chars and switch character every time meta changes. Unless they raise the soft cap or buff leveling in some way, people wont be able to play more than 1-2 classes in a competitive way.

Not to mention the real life money required every time you re-roll. You need to buy costumes, inventory slots and weight limit all over again ¬¬

Posted

Lol don't believe anything PA/Kakao says until it actually happens