• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bad design Tier 3 Guilds taking Node 1 over Title!

95 posts in this topic

Posted

It seems tier 3 guilds are going to tier 1's to kill 100 people to get the title.  This is a bad design, its going to make the guilds stop even attempting to pvp and quit.  I'm sorry, the git gud or get better gear need not apply because you can't compare to tier 3 players with 240 ap vs 180-200 ap player.  This is what Tier 1 node wars are for, the lower geared players, not the super geared.  But apparently the title implemented means that the super geared players going down.

It also seems that the tier 3 players quit the tier 3 guild, to join another guild to get the title than quit it to go back to their original tier 3 guild.

Either make the title siege only, not node wars.  Can make it so quit guild, can't participate in a node war for a week though I don't know how they would implement this.  Something, because this is going to make a lot of people annoyed.

5 people like this

Posted

if u actually read the title description.... it clearly says Siege only

6 people like this

Posted

ya, the 24hr wait is kinda a joke, quite a few games make it to where you have to wait 3 days or so before you can join another guild before leaving.  in short, teir 3's are simply "pay outs" to merc guilds for the higher end sieges as they just sit on their fat end, get all that money, and then use that same force to mess up any other guild who dares venture into teir 3.  i wish we could have some light shed on this by the dev's, but i do not believe we will ever see the answer till the game dies.

Posted

It seems tier 3 guilds are going to tier 1's to kill 100 people to get the title.  This is a bad design, its going to make the guilds stop even attempting to pvp and quit.  I'm sorry, the git gud or get better gear need not apply because you can't compare to tier 3 players with 240 ap vs 180-200 ap player.  This is what Tier 1 node wars are for, the lower geared players, not the super geared.  But apparently the title implemented means that the super geared players going down.

It also seems that the tier 3 players quit the tier 3 guild, to join another guild to get the title than quit it to go back to their original tier 3 guild.

Either make the title siege only, not node wars.  Can make it so quit guild, can't participate in a node war for a week though I don't know how they would implement this.  Something, because this is going to make a lot of people annoyed.

The title is siege only. Go read patch notes again.

2 people like this

Posted

Nothing to see here people, move along move along

t817a61_812882_wikinger_Polizist_Tanzt_l

Posted

Like someone mentioned; Make leaving the guild have a cooldown of a minimum of 4 days so they can't receive double payouts.  This destroys new/casual players' moral and brings nothing but bad for the game as a whole.

Posted (edited)

This is what Tier 1 node wars are for, the lower geared players, not the super geared.

Last time i checked everyone could decide wherever they go themselves.
There are no rules to wich nodes you have to go to.

Edit: but ofc higher guilds should aim for higher nodes so they receive more money.  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Any examples or just assumptions?

Edited by DarkBever

Posted

Whats a tier 3 guild? 

Is that the title you give every guild that bests you fair and square?

all guilds have equal oppitunity,  get gud or join another guild that is

Posted

Whats a tier 3 guild? 

Is that the title you give every guild that bests you fair and square?

all guilds have equal oppitunity,  get gud or join another guild that is

Ugh. Just stop. 

We ran into a few Mercs last night from a siege guild on our T1 node thankfully we were still able to beat them, even though it was our off night. The whole concept of locking guilds out only for their members to just leave and come back, maybe change the tax system to reflect the guild roster in siege during the week? 

I'm not sure where Fractal fought last night but its basically just Manup v.2, if the system allows that to happen there is no point in even having that system. Let the siege guilds keep fighting. Lower tier nodes are hard enough with the 90 man zergs, when you have to deal with 500+ GS's Wizard mercs it gets even more cancer lol. 

Posted

Ugh. Just stop. 

We ran into a few Mercs last night from a siege guild on our T1 node thankfully we were still able to beat them, even though it was our off night. The whole concept of locking guilds out only for their members to just leave and come back, maybe change the tax system to reflect the guild roster in siege during the week? 

I'm not sure where Fractal fought last night but its basically just Manup v.2, if the system allows that to happen there is no point in even having that system. Let the siege guilds keep fighting. Lower tier nodes are hard enough with the 90 man zergs, when you have to deal with 500+ GS's Wizard mercs it gets even more cancer lol. 

Fractal is Manups alt guild so yeah.... Unless they are going to do gear rating on nodewars people are going to drop wherever they want

Posted

Fractal is Manups alt guild so yeah.... Unless they are going to do gear rating on nodewars people are going to drop wherever they want

Well yea, gear rating shouldn't be the factor though.

If Fractal didn't need to exist(mind you they may have placed T3 I didn't see where they placed) then they wouldn't feel the need to drop anywhere but a T3 for the additional payout. Manup wouldn't drop on a T1, but the fractal guys might just because of their reduced #'s ect ect..

If the system doesn't stop alt guilds from being created, then the system shouldn't exist in the first place because it does nothing except add inconvenience. 

Posted

Well yea, gear rating shouldn't be the factor though.

If Fractal didn't need to exist(mind you they may have placed T3 I didn't see where they placed) then they wouldn't feel the need to drop anywhere but a T3 for the additional payout. Manup wouldn't drop on a T1, but the fractal guys might just because of their reduced #'s ect ect..

If the system doesn't stop alt guilds from being created, then the system shouldn't exist in the first place because it does nothing except add inconvenience. 

The issue is pvp has been flowing down, the nodes that get the most action are t1s.  Even claimed t1s are having 6 guilds drop on them.

The last 6 weeks our guild has been doing t2 and t3.  Of the 18+ nights we have had nodewars we have run into fights basically 5 times, 3 of those were aftershock, one was Vertex (you think fractal is bad try vertex), and one was Precision/Hyakki.  4 of those fights happened in a 10 day span.  The other 2/3 of the time we had no fight at all or just snipe guilds dropping for a payday, you also run the risk of running into a siege guild dropping 80+ people on t2 and t3.  The days we drop on t1s for giggles or back tax t1s for giggles and money we consistently had 3-4 enemy guilds on nodes.  Even if you outgear the other guilds its fun to 1v2  1v3  1v4  at least compared to just running out to collect free money

Posted (edited)

Yea I don't mind a good fight, but  Xen posting T1's is a bit retarded lol. You guys have enough descending current to sink a -----ing guild ship LMFAO.

Would be nice to see some more options adding for node war or some kind of adjustment made, I honest think making only T3 node winners able to siege would also fix a lot of the issues in siege with retarded #'s of allies and what not I dunno. 

Smart men then me should figure this shit out, It hasn't been as bad lately with the T1 zergs hoping we keep our good luck. when I saw No_Mercy pop in last night lol last time we fought them when they were Nopoint it was like 30 mercs, granted we were a lot weaker the last time we fought them so not sure how it would have gone this time, lucked out last night and they only had about 15 people or so. 

Edited by LethalAF

Posted

PvP guilds aren't PvP guilds, they are politicians that rarely ever PvP.

Posted

Fractal was on a t3 last night.

As for the suggestions to lock people out from hopping guilds, you are just solving your side of the problem. You aren't asking yourself why people are dropping guilds to fight in node wars during the week in the first place. The system right now is 100% shit so try to see it from other players' perspectives. I am locked out from really the only pvp content except for saturdays (at which point people don't even try to siege). So if someone wants pvp they have to drop their guild to do node wars. Fix that problem and your problem gets fixed too.

No free lunches.

3 people like this

Posted

Fractal was on a t3 last night.

As for the suggestions to lock people out from hopping guilds, you are just solving your side of the problem. You aren't asking yourself why people are dropping guilds to fight in node wars during the week in the first place. The system right now is 100% shit so try to see it from other players' perspectives. I am locked out from really the only pvp content except for saturdays (at which point people don't even try to siege). So if someone wants pvp they have to drop their guild to do node wars. Fix that problem and your problem gets fixed too.

No free lunches.

Agree do away with the lock out, It's causing more problems then its helping, I also believe changing it to on T3 node owners can siege is a step in the right direction. 

it will encourage the higher tier guilds to actually fight for the higher tier nodes 

Posted (edited)

Shit, you kids over here complaining about having to deal with harder opponents.. I'm over here, sad that I can maybe participate in 2-3 node wars a week, if that.

Edited by Xenon

Posted

Shit, you kids over here complaining about having to deal with harder opponents.. I'm over here, sad that I can maybe participate in 2-3 node wars a week, if that.

I don't mind opponents. Give me 5 castles for fun. I'd rather fight 5 tier 1 guilds then a single T3. The T3 just becomes a face roll and is boring. 

Posted

nobody builds on valencia for the reason that Lacari, on his stream said he would "Destroy" (harrass a guild till they disband) if anyone ever brings more than 3 allies.  and it took barcode how many?  8? 8 allies to take them out of the Valencia.  sorry, but Manup guild leader did this to his own guild.  nobody wants to fight man-up because it simply is not possible 1v1 to do so when you also have 2 gates to destroy.  The system does not cater to the top, because the top is not the norm,  in all honestly, kakao messed up when they allowed one guild to take all castles, and it created guilds that are not possible to deal with without massive help.  but then you have to pay your help, which could very well take another point of taking a castle, to build your gear.  but when you have a guild such as Lacari's, they are far beyond where the rest of the game is at.

2 people like this

Posted

nobody builds on valencia for the reason that Lacari, on his stream said he would "Destroy" (harrass a guild till they disband) if anyone ever brings more than 3 allies.  and it took barcode how many?  8? 8 allies to take them out of the Valencia.  sorry, but Manup guild leader did this to his own guild.  nobody wants to fight man-up because it simply is not possible 1v1 to do so when you also have 2 gates to destroy.  The system does not cater to the top, because the top is not the norm,  in all honestly, kakao messed up when they allowed one guild to take all castles, and it created guilds that are not possible to deal with without massive help.  but then you have to pay your help, which could very well take another point of taking a castle, to build your gear.  but when you have a guild such as Lacari's, they are far beyond where the rest of the game is at.

3 guilds could quite easily take a castle from 1. All Lacari said (and I'm agreeing) is if you bring a ridiculous zerg like 8 allies to take 1 guild down alone, expect us to respond harshly... seems reasonable enough to me. Barcode didn't actually need 8 allies. Maybe needed 8 to make it easy and a rollover, but they certainly could have been competitive with less, they just wanted 0 chance of losing at the time. I think theres a difference there, just my opinion.

Posted

Just understand this is slowly killing off T1 guilds. We had 18 people show on Sunday out of 70 and those 18 were our 59-60s plus a couple newbs who've never noded before. Literally the rest of our PVP guild are actively avoiding coming to wars cause they know their <450 GS toons are gonna get facerolled.

1 person likes this

Posted

Just understand this is slowly killing off T1 guilds. We had 18 people show on Sunday out of 70 and those 18 were our 59-60s plus a couple newbs who've never noded before. Literally the rest of our PVP guild are actively avoiding coming to wars cause they know their <450 GS toons are gonna get facerolled.

Maybe if every other so called "PvP guild" didn't set their standards so high they might actually recruit some good players. I laugh at every "Level 59 and 500 GS" spam I see in chat. Newb guild leaders that know nothing of MMO guild retention.

Posted

Maybe they wouldn't feel it necessary to try to recruit high geared players for T1s if low geared players weren't being slowly driven out of the scene by so many high geared players moonlighting in T1s.

Posted

High end guilds shouldn't be allowed to go for t1 nodes.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yea I don't mind a good fight, but  Xen posting T1's is a bit retarded lol. You guys have enough descending current to sink a -----ing guild ship LMFAO.

Would be nice to see some more options adding for node war or some kind of adjustment made, I honest think making only T3 node winners able to siege would also fix a lot of the issues in siege with retarded #'s of allies and what not I dunno. 

Smart men then me should figure this shit out, It hasn't been as bad lately with the T1 zergs hoping we keep our good luck. when I saw No_Mercy pop in last night lol last time we fought them when they were Nopoint it was like 30 mercs, granted we were a lot weaker the last time we fought them so not sure how it would have gone this time, lucked out last night and they only had about 15 people or so. 

This is comical, considering we've never had more than 22 members in guild total.

1 of them is my gf who is level 54, three more are OG No Mercy members who didn't really take to this game. And one is some lifeskiller I recruited to do guild quests.

That leaves 17 members total, that participate in node wars. We've never had more than 17, ever lol. 

And while you may think we have "mercs", these "mercs" are core No Mercy members that I've been gaming with for years. We just started BDO as a guild 9 weeks ago, and these players left their respective guilds to be with us.

As for last night, the only thing lucky for Basil Corps, is that we didn't fry your veggie asses with our 12 man team, because the lag was completely debilitating. Trying to fight in lag, outnumbered and under cannon fire, was the gayest shit since jean shorts. No room for any coordination or strategy or outplay, but clearly that played in your favor. 

We'll see you again, in a fight where we can actually control our characters.

But I'm legit rofling at work, that you are bringing up a 20 man T1 guild, in a discussion about T3 guilds.

-Hova

Leader of No Mercy

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0