• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bad design Tier 3 Guilds taking Node 1 over Title!

95 posts in this topic

Posted

Blocked for thinking Trump is not dumb.

Blocked for thinking anyone who has a billion dollars or cons his way into the presidency is dumb in anyway shape or form.

Posted

Blocked for thinking anyone who has a billion dollars or cons his way into the presidency is dumb in anyway shape or form.

Inheriting dude.  

Someone tag all the gm's, devs, whatever, to look at this issue regarding double payouts and killing new/casual players.  Not healthy for the game.

1 person likes this

Posted

...meanwhile some players only get to war one day a week because their timezone screws them over and they get to appreciate that one single dam day a week we actually get to fight. People want their cake and they want to eat it too.

Posted

No idea why this no-brainer hasn't been implemented yet.

Posted

PvP guilds aren't PvP guilds, they are politicians that rarely ever PvP.

Says the man in the Horse training guild.

Posted

Says the man in the Horse training guild.

No Junior, you mean the man with multiple horse training alt accounts in a horse training guild.

Posted (edited)

No Junior, you mean the man with multiple horse training alt accounts in a horse training guild.

riiiiight...

who are you again?

Edited by Blademaster1215

Posted (edited)

who are you again?

I'm nobody, I'm everybody.

Edited by Stabby

Posted

Another solution could be to reduce money from winning a territory and let them continue to participate in node wars but only on T3s. This isnt the first game that a few guilds basically dominated the pvp portion of the game. The difference in other games is people adjust to the meta instead of asking for it to be change to their needs. Obviously BDO doesnt have a great system but it is what it is. Theoretically nothing is stopping other siege ready guilds to do what Barcode did and hire a bunch of guilds to win a region.

Posted

or stop putting more restrictions that can just be abused. Let guilds fight for more territories. simple.

Posted

or stop putting more restrictions that can just be abused. Let guilds fight for more territories. simple.

No.  There's a big enough payout for territories.  Either 4 day being unable to join guild when left or something equivalent so players can't abuse the system/players.

Posted

My T1 guild gave up on going for T1 nodes and instead snipe T2 nodes in order to get us some guild funds. We fight on T1 nodes once a week when we're actually looking to give our members some PvP. My biggest issue with T1s is simply the fact that there's a lot of guilds who are more like T2 guilds trying to get a T1 or there's simply too many guilds on a single node and not enough time to take everyone down. 

I think another big factor in why getting nodes these days, for smaller guilds, is so difficult is simply because of server merge and there not being enough nodes for the hundreds of guilds. Back in Uno, it kinda felt like any decently sized, decently geared guild could get a node but now it's surely not like that. The meta for gear has also changed a lot though, and a lot of your average players are still stuck in that pre-server merge gearscore.

I understand that bigger guilds want to do node wars, but I wish there was more of a distinct line between who's a T1, T2, and T3 guild. If anything, I'm all supportive of giving us more nodes on the map (I think we get new ones with Kamasylvia, at the least). On the brightside, it seems like Kakao is trying to implement more ways to PvP in KR.

Posted

This is such a weird conversation because pre merge node wars were pretty stale as your guild could basically go a month without even being contested.  It just wasnt fun.  Atleast now you are able to get fights every week.  The last thing in this game we need is more nodes.  My guild usually fields 30-40 members each war.  Some are a bit undergeared and still learning.  We only fight two wars a week, so if people want their weekly payouts we need to win.  We can take T1's pretty easily, and we can win T2's if its a 1v1.  In this game though its rare to fight a 1v1 though.  I agree its weird for there to be more guilds planting on T1s then there are T2s and 3s.  Had a 3 guild alliance plant on our T1 node before, lose then trash talk how we are a zerg guild because we brought 35 members to defend the node we own.  Then the next week we go to a T2 and fight lose to a guild who brought around 55.  So there is kind of that awkward spot for strong T1 guilds.  

Posted

This is such a weird conversation because pre merge node wars were pretty stale as your guild could basically go a month without even being contested.  It just wasnt fun.  Atleast now you are able to get fights every week.  The last thing in this game we need is more nodes.  My guild usually fields 30-40 members each war.  Some are a bit undergeared and still learning.  We only fight two wars a week, so if people want their weekly payouts we need to win.  We can take T1's pretty easily, and we can win T2's if its a 1v1.  In this game though its rare to fight a 1v1 though.  I agree its weird for there to be more guilds planting on T1s then there are T2s and 3s.  Had a 3 guild alliance plant on our T1 node before, lose then trash talk how we are a zerg guild because we brought 35 members to defend the node we own.  Then the next week we go to a T2 and fight lose to a guild who brought around 55.  So there is kind of that awkward spot for strong T1 guilds.  

This is the thing. All the people complaining don't want fights, they only want money. The money aspect is brought into pretty much EVERY SINGLE POST. If these people want guilds funds, go do guild quests, go fight sea monsters. But no, those take time to do. Instead, they want to have zero pvp interaction and just collect guild funds to payout to themselves.

Posted (edited)

Someone here said that there are 15 man guilds that are not supposed to be in t1s and should move to t2s.. I've seen zergs on t1s. If a zerg can't handle a 15 man guild, that's their problem.

15 rage > 30 normal t1 players

Edited by Ironjaw

Posted (edited)

This is the thing. All the people complaining don't want fights, they only want money. The money aspect is brought into pretty much EVERY SINGLE POST. If these people want guilds funds, go do guild quests, go fight sea monsters. But no, those take time to do. Instead, they want to have zero pvp interaction and just collect guild funds to payout to themselves.

Have you read the posts in this thread? In case you missed it, people are complaining about the guilds that hold territories having a negative impact on node wars. There is enough competition in the node war scene without them.

I'll TL:DR an example for you

ManUp hires The Empire for siege, to pay them ManUp puts ~80 people in Fractle and places on a T3 node, with 5 guilds in total. The Empire brings ~60 players, which is more than enough to be a challenge for a T3. ManUp + The Empire knock out all the other guilds in ~25 minutes, and allows The Empire to take their base with zero resistance.

A node war which could have lasted 90 minutes ends in 30 minutes to pay The Empire. 

This is not at all uncommon, and does not stop with T3 nodes. T2 nodes have the same problem although less frequently. If you want to talk about guilds being greedy, lets not ignore the region owners that pull 15-20 billion a week and refuse to split what they pull in with the guilds they ally with to contend/conquer/defend their region by using this method. And yes we all know you lose 60% in guild wars for payments.

If you want to look at who's dodging PvP perhaps you should start with the region holders who continuously pay mercenary guilds week in, and week out to fend off any challengers.

Edited by Smoldering
1 person likes this

Posted

FML put it in my booty last night, much ow

Posted

Have you read the posts in this thread? In case you missed it, people are complaining about the guilds that hold territories having a negative impact on node wars. There is enough competition in the node war scene without them.

I'll TL:DR an example for you

ManUp hires The Empire for siege, to pay them ManUp puts ~80 people in Fractle and places on a T3 node, with 5 guilds in total. The Empire brings ~60 players, which is more than enough to be a challenge for a T3. ManUp + The Empire knock out all the other guilds in ~25 minutes, and allows The Empire to take their base with zero resistance.

A node war which could have lasted 90 minutes ends in 30 minutes to pay The Empire. 

This is not at all uncommon, and does not stop with T3 nodes. T2 nodes have the same problem although less frequently. If you want to talk about guilds being greedy, lets not ignore the region owners that pull 15-20 billion a week and refuse to split what they pull in with the guilds they ally with to content/conquer/defend their region by using this method. And yes we all know you lose 60% in guild wars for payments.

If you want to look at who's dodging PvP perhaps you should start with the region holders who continuously pay mercenary guilds week in, and week out to fend off any challengers.

You are kinda blowing that out of proportion.  This happens on a very select few amount of nodes, and I hate to spoil this for you but ManUp is a guild.  You fight other guilds in node wars.  I can't beat certain guilds, so I stick to the rivers and the lakes that I am used to.

Posted (edited)

Sometimes people have to take their lumps, yeah its frustrating to catch a beat down sometimes from someone you don't think should be there but its part of the game.  They pay their $ too, they can play how they want and attack where they want.  The militia system may change things, for good or bad, so we shall see.

The sad thing is anything that isn't a t1 is a crap shoot, you can drop on almost any t1 outside of valencia and get a few guilds to fight, t2's and t3's are hit or miss, with either no fight or getting a siege guild. 

Getting your booty pounded can be frustrating, but also humbling and motivating.

Edited by Ironjaw
1 person likes this

Posted

Buddy, OP was talking about T1s.  Breathe and think about it.  Why would a seige guild help another guild fight for a T1, when they could do the same for a T2 and T3 and have that guild return the favor during conquests.  Guilds need to stop making excuses and just fight whos in front of you.

Posted

Heres the thing, where do you draw the line?  Do you make people choose node tier based on guild size?  theres small and medium guilds much stronger than XL guilds.  I think it would be fine to extend the lockout, or make it so you cant take a payout unless you are in a guild for a week, or various other solutions.  

But its a pvp game with uncapped levels and endless rng for gear, its never going to be fair.  T2 nodes allow you to city siege, so any guild that sieges even semi regularly can and does drop down to t2s, that and the fact PA deemed it a brilliant idea to make 75% of all t3's available on the same day of the week leaving the rest of the week to be a shit show.

Would you feel better if you ran into them just because they didn't have a city that week?

And exactly what LoanWolf said, its part of the gamble of fighting on T2+.  If you pay attention to the nodes you can figure out what nodes are being used for hand offs and get fair fights most days (or at least dodge the feeding)

Yeah it sucks, hopefully they address it somehow, only time will tell.

Posted

Buddy, OP was talking about T1s.  Breathe and think about it.  Why would a seige guild help another guild fight for a T1, when they could do the same for a T2 and T3 and have that guild return the favor during conquests.  Guilds need to stop making excuses and just fight whos in front of you.

The issue doesn't just lie in T1's though. It's on all of them because of the siege guilds dropping. Just because OP said it's for one particular aspect doesn't mean that bringing all related issues into the discussion is the wrong thing to do.

1 person likes this

Posted

The issue doesn't just lie in T1's though. It's on all of them because of the siege guilds dropping. Just because OP said it's for one particular aspect doesn't mean that bringing all related issues into the discussion is the wrong thing to do.

Seige guilds exist though.  There are crazy strong guilds in this game.  Alliances exist.  No body is entitled to a node.  

Posted

and eventually they will get bored mercing and nobody will drop to defend and someone will show up with a bunch of guilds to kick them out and it will all start all over again.  Barcode did the same thing

Posted (edited)

Seige guilds exist though.  There are crazy strong guilds in this game.  Alliances exist.  No body is entitled to a node.  

Just like nobody should be entitled to triple payouts due to greed instead of actually pvping and earning your spoils through a good fight..

Edited by haybreee
1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0