• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sailing speed

17 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,

Anyone else feels the speed of sailing is a bit ridiculous?   Going from mainland to port ratt takes over 30-40 minutes (if you're unlucky like me who still working for epheria sail (fishing boat seems guaranteed dead before even reaching the port), I have to take a free ride transferring from 2 island so most likely about 45min long or more just for 1 way)

Thanks,

Posted

That's why you have to level up your sailing level and use the skill you get at Skilled 1 to boost through :P

Port Ratt isn't just around the corner so the only way to shorten the time is for them to increase the main speed of Epheria Sailboats (which i would welcome of course) or to put Port Ratt closer to the mainland which they most likely won't do. Sailing for 30min isn't really a big deal. I only need so long when i do it afk using autopath because then the boat will sail slower but otherwise i just boost through. I haven't looked at the actual time needed yet but i might go there today anyway so if i do i'll tell you how long it exactly takes.

Red

Posted

>.< I dont see "fun" when you afking playing games just simply not my type of game >.< very unproductive.. anyways does it increase dramatically when my skill level high for sailing?

Posted

I gave up on that sailing crap. No reward versus effort.

Posted

I learned from experience if you wanna stay longer in MMO games you need to do different activities :P  

Posted

Could probably solve this if they removed the "shallow" debuff that exists in every drop of water on the planet. That would make sense though and we are not allowed such a thing. Probably a mechanic they wanted to expand on but instead was just thrown on the pile of other things left as originally implemented.

Posted

Boats and the desert are both extremely frustrating and annoying. They aren't interesting. They have very little that is actually good or fun about them. Their features are almost all negatives that result in huge time wasting, frustration, and hassles. 

I would love to take more of an interest in these environments, but they are just miserable. Boats are slow and klunky to operate. The desert takes away your map and kills you. WTF? Why?

Posted

That's why you have to level up your sailing level and use the skill you get at Skilled 1 to boost through :P

Port Ratt isn't just around the corner so the only way to shorten the time is for them to increase the main speed of Epheria Sailboats (which i would welcome of course) or to put Port Ratt closer to the mainland which they most likely won't do. Sailing for 30min isn't really a big deal. I only need so long when i do it afk using autopath because then the boat will sail slower but otherwise i just boost through. I haven't looked at the actual time needed yet but i might go there today anyway so if i do i'll tell you how long it exactly takes.

Red

OP is complaining the NPC ferry is to slow lol not sailboat

Posted

OP is complaining the NPC ferry is to slow lol not sailboat

Ah.. yea, right, not sure why i wrote about sailboats :P but i assume that the reason for the ferry being so "slow" is that they actually take a long route. Did anyone actually watch the route they take? first they go straight north, quite a distance, then they turn left and head for Port Ratt so it's no wonder it takes so long. The only way around is by getting yourself a Epheria Sailboat, leveling sailing up to Skilled 1 and spamming the skill all the way to Port Ratt. As long as you use your Epheria Sailboat to sail afk you'll still be quite slow and need long to get there so active sailing + using the skill is your only choice though to be honest i prefer to afk sail there even if it's gonna take a bit longer since there's nothing fun while going to Port Ratt anyway.

Also... i see no reason to go to Port Ratt so much so why complain about it?

Red

Posted

Ah.. yea, right, not sure why i wrote about sailboats :P but i assume that the reason for the ferry being so "slow" is that they actually take a long route. Did anyone actually watch the route they take? first they go straight north, quite a distance, then they turn left and head for Port Ratt so it's no wonder it takes so long. The only way around is by getting yourself a Epheria Sailboat, leveling sailing up to Skilled 1 and spamming the skill all the way to Port Ratt. As long as you use your Epheria Sailboat to sail afk you'll still be quite slow and need long to get there so active sailing + using the skill is your only choice though to be honest i prefer to afk sail there even if it's gonna take a bit longer since there's nothing fun while going to Port Ratt anyway.

Also... i see no reason to go to Port Ratt so much so why complain about it?

Red

there is always the ghetto macro, jam a piece of cardboard into the side of w and shift, afk there in style ;)

Posted

there is always the ghetto macro, jam a piece of cardboard into the side of w and shift, afk there in style ;)

XD i used to do it the western style using toothpicks ;)

Red

Posted

Boats and the desert are both extremely frustrating and annoying. They aren't interesting. They have very little that is actually good or fun about them. Their features are almost all negatives that result in huge time wasting, frustration, and hassles. 

I would love to take more of an interest in these environments, but they are just miserable. Boats are slow and klunky to operate. The desert takes away your map and kills you. WTF? Why?

its a sandbox game, the lifeskill part is to simulate as close to real life as possible, idk why you would play a game knowing these facts since they are in almost every ads.

Posted

its a sandbox game, the lifeskill part is to simulate as close to real life as possible, idk why you would play a game knowing these facts since they are in almost every ads.

Huh?

Sandbox game doesn't translate to = make things insanely frustrating.

For example: I enjoy the farming in the game. I've also done real farming when I was younger. Guess what: real farming is a helluva lot more brutal. The farming in this game is actually fun and doesn't have mechanics designed to be deliberately frustrating. It doesn't turn off your hotbar or disable other core UI functionality to make it "interesting."

But then you have the ocean and the desert where simply controlling and moving your character is now brutally punishing and miserable.

That's a design mistake. That's not challenge or an interesting puzzle to solve or anything of that nature. It is just pure frustration through crippling the UI or making movement unresponsive.

Posted

I hate that I can't AFK in the desert. It's my only gripe. I would welcome the change that it autoconsumes a purified water or star anus tea when it needs to kinda like afk autopathing and carrots. 

Posted

Hi,

Anyone else feels the speed of sailing is a bit ridiculous?   Going from mainland to port ratt takes over 30-40 minutes (if you're unlucky like me who still working for epheria sail (fishing boat seems guaranteed dead before even reaching the port), I have to take a free ride transferring from 2 island so most likely about 45min long or more just for 1 way)

Thanks,

"if you're unlucky like me" isn't the phrase that should be used here. It doesn't take luck to make a sailboat, it takes hard work and time.

The materials are easy to get.
The workers are easy to get.
There was more than enough time to prep for it(we knew about both the boats themselves and the speeds back in September/October 2016)

Here's my correction to your statement:

if you're too lazy like me, or just don't have the patience to put the work required into making the epheria sail quicker..

I finished mine in.. 2 weeks roughly? something like that. I know people that had it done day one and we're waiting on the dailies to complete it.
Its not luck that's holding you back when it comes to the sailboat.

Posted

"if you're unlucky like me" isn't the phrase that should be used here. It doesn't take luck to make a sailboat, it takes hard work and time.

The materials are easy to get.
The workers are easy to get.
There was more than enough time to prep for it(we knew about both the boats themselves and the speeds back in September/October 2016)

Here's my correction to your statement:

if you're too lazy like me, or just don't have the patience to put the work required into making the epheria sail quicker..

I finished mine in.. 2 weeks roughly? something like that. I know people that had it done day one and we're waiting on the dailies to complete it.
Its not luck that's holding you back when it comes to the sailboat.

:P I'm not complaining about "making a epheria sail"... I'm complaining about speed of sailing...  please my statement again this isn't complaining about quest of epheria sail design but  distance from start to end point when sailing.

Posted

Huh?

Sandbox game doesn't translate to = make things insanely frustrating.

For example: I enjoy the farming in the game. I've also done real farming when I was younger. Guess what: real farming is a helluva lot more brutal. The farming in this game is actually fun and doesn't have mechanics designed to be deliberately frustrating. It doesn't turn off your hotbar or disable other core UI functionality to make it "interesting."

But then you have the ocean and the desert where simply controlling and moving your character is now brutally punishing and miserable.

That's a design mistake. That's not challenge or an interesting puzzle to solve or anything of that nature. It is just pure frustration through crippling the UI or making movement unresponsive.

hey, dont yell at me, i know that crap is aids too.

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0