• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What "secret" game mechanic probably doesn't exist but you could believe it does because it's so BDO?

81 posts in this topic

Posted

Pets picking things up decreases your luck. I put mine away when I'm at a boss and say a prayer before I loot.

10% of the time it works every time. 

2 people like this

Posted

In before this gets taken out of context...

Always find an epic spot for tempting your RNG fate on big enhancing items, nothing upsets the god of RNG like sitting in front of the auction house.

10 people like this

Posted

Always find an epic spot for tempting your RNG fate on big enhancing items, nothing upsets the god of RNG like sitting in front of the auction house.

Confirmed best place to attempt enhancement is in front of mutant ogre.

1 person likes this

Posted

Whenever you are doing a gathering quest (guild or otherwise) that requires you to gather a large number of one item, the second to last gathering cycle will always yield just enough items that you will be 1 item short of completion, no matter how many of the item you could get in one cycle.

Posted (edited)

We have one member who has crazy rng.  It is well known in our guild that if you want an item to drop for you, you need to party with this player, have him lay on the ground, and tea bag his face.  He is not for sale.  

Edited by LoanWolf
2 people like this

Posted

How nice to have this finally confirmed by a CM.  I noticed people keep trying to climb higher to enchant in their videos.  First it was just the barrels facing the dock, then the roof of the storage at Velia, then it's the wind vane of the house beside the blacksmith, then it's the top of the ruins near the shipyard.

Higher the enchant the higher you need to climb for success, otherwise it's bad feng shui!

Posted

I actually have an altair for RNJesus in my house in Heidel after seeing it somewhere once. 10/10 successes so far from me and my friends to enhance gear with concentrated stones. I recommend using it. The more sacrafise we make the more satisfied he will be.

rng.jpg

11 people like this

Posted

Ever notice how your webcam mysteriously turns on when you play BDO? 

@CM_Aethon is watching you, and sets your RNG depending on your mood and body language. 

Remember, if you want that TET you have to give good time.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Going into enhances with the thought that I'm going to fail seems to give me ungodly rng... I double tapped a pair of muskans to tri last night (duoed at 23, then immediately tri'ed off the 0)

Edited by Nomon
Typo

Posted

We have one member who has crazy rng.  It is well known in our guild that if you want an item to drop for you, you need to party with this player, have him lay on the ground, and tea bag his face.  He is not for sale.  

I'm a living voodoo doll, so if I'm team up with him, my RNG would become neutral o.O

Posted

I actually have an altair for RNJesus in my house in Heidel after seeing it somewhere once. 10/10 successes so far from me and my friends to enhance gear with concentrated stones. I recommend using it. The more sacrafise we make the more satisfied he will be.

rng.jpg

That is completely creepy but amazing as well xD

@CM_Aethon is watching you, and sets your RNG depending on your mood and body language. 

Damn it! I play with just my undies sometimes.. >///<

1 person likes this

Posted

I masterbate while i play. Does this work in my favour or against? @CM_Aethon

Posted (edited)

When you try to leave the the map, you will see this sign.

2c4c0b.thumb.jpg.f7128d46ee176af369add1c

Edited by Amirite

Posted

yup    people who spend 0 get tets in the 30s, people who spend $$$ get tets in the 100s

I spent $$$$ and I just didn't enchant shit . I bought the gear , so my fail rate is at 0%. 

rip Iron. sometimes you'll learn.

1 person likes this

Posted

That your zodiac has influence over your rng. With trent owl i get allot of drops but enchants fail more with a char who has that zodiac sign. Goblin gives me allot of blackstone drops like it is some kind of event, but the rare loot drop sucks. And black dragon gives me more success in enchanting. I have no proof of it of course but thats my tinfoil hat theory.

Also since the zodiac signs are going to be randomised it doenst really help me to shake of this tinfoil hat.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The longer you farm a certain kind of mob the lower your drop chance is for rare items.

This actually was a mechanic in DIKUmuds. Each mob maintained a 'kill list' of the players that killed it, and how many times.

Since memory was at a premium back then (and everything was server-side) the list was only 20 players long. So the trick was go do something else for a while, and let other players bump you off the list.

The "get up high to enchant" thing is interesting, as I've always gone near the water (low points, obviously) and I've had terrible luck enchanting.

And I'm also convinced your zodiac sign affects a lot more than just cozying up to vendors.

Edited by Eireochd

Posted

I spent $$$$ and I just didn't enchant shit . I bought the gear , so my fail rate is at 0%. 

GOTEM

Posted

Being away from the game for some days, gives you better rng when you log back on

Posted

good loot rates are tied to hotspots, like fishing hotspots, that move around mob packs and different mobs within the same region / level.

3 people like this

Posted

I masterbate while i play. Does this work in my favour or against? @CM_Aethon

Depends on how long you can keep it going while staring right into the lens. 

but seriously why does my webcam turn on when i launch bdo, you guys peepin?

Posted

I so understand you avoiding this rng trap. Somehow it seems worse then a slot machine.

Posted

Depends on how long you can keep it going while staring right into the lens. 

but seriously why does my webcam turn on when i launch bdo, you guys peepin?

Most likely just an attempt to access all attached devices in case they're used for the game. 

Posted

That is completely creepy but amazing as well xD

Damn it! I play with just my undies sometimes.. >///<

8HlBXhx.png?fb

2 people like this