• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Community is so toxic..

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,

I just felt like I needed to post somewhere about my experience with this games community. So, I'm fairly new player (lvl50) but I've been taking my time to learn some things. I started enchanting my armor today, and noticed that I just couldn't get my +12 Grunil armor to +13, so I checked the Marketplace for the prices for +15 Grunil armor -pieces and they were significantly less pricey compared to what I already had spent on black stones / durability restore. I asked the 'channel'-chat: "Shouldn't I just buy the already enchanted pieces from Marketplace instead of enchanting them myself to save money?" 

There happened to be some real comedians in the chat just when I asked though. Instead of giving me a simple answer, someone tried their hardest to make me waste everything I had for no reason. This guy tried so hard to convince me that It's better to use all my money to enchant the armor myself so I can get some kind of "hidden master enchanter" -buff.. to always use memory fragments to repair my armor, even on regular +11 armor, etc, etc. (I'm pretty sure they're used on boss armor, right?). Some other people joined him and tried to do the same.. I don't know much about the game, but I can use common sense on certain things on the game, and I have no idea why people take so much time out of their life to be malicious towards others for no reason.

Few minutes later, I decide to use my failstacks to make a PRI grunil armor, and succeed on the first try, after failing 20+ times on +12 piece. I just say "Lol, why is it so much easier to make a PRI armor than +13 armor" to the chat and someone just goes full savage mode (again for absolutely no reason) and says stuff like "holy shit, I literally hope you get cancer and die from it because you're so retarded", saying stuff like he hopes my family dies too.. .. like what am I missing? Did I say something so stupid I deserve that? I don't get it at all? I'm so confused I'm thinking maybe I am retarded?

I'm just trying to learn the game and I (other people as well) just get this shit constantly in this game. And I know some of you might be like "So what, get over it. It's the internet and people are trolls and don't think about what they're saying." I get that, because I used to be like that too. But you DON'T know who the person you're flaming is and in how bad of a shape they're in. This isn't like 'pity me thread' but I personally have diagnosed depression and stuff like this makes me feel like shit. I'm just trying to socialize and have fun and I get completely ass-blasted for no reason.

Honestly the few days I've been playing Black Desert has been one of the most toxic gaming experiences I've ever had, and I've played some games that are widely known for their toxic player bases.

Like, I noticed from the start that there's a lot of elitism, and people being way too overly defensive of the game when someone gives the slightest critique about the game.. but come on. Is this kind of behavior normal for this game, or have I just been extremely unlucky with the people I've met so far?

Posted

Yeah, youre experiencing the bad side of BDO. The problem is the bad side comprises probably 25% of the player-base.

My honest recommendation is to find a good guild, and ask them those questions. They want you to get stronger to contribute to the guild, they aren't gonna give you crap about not knowing something (and if they do they will probably just be joking around with you) and will actively help you work towards goals.

There is an elitist attitude. Sometimes its warranted, but its rarely warranted towards new people asking for help. Don't worry too much about it.

Good luck brother!

3 people like this

Posted

Calling us toxic. This is for you Sir!!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮

3 people like this

Posted

I agree with LeWaffles..Find a good guild. 

1 person likes this

Posted

First few hrs into the game, I immediately filter out all chats except whisper and Guild. All you need is find a good guild and chat with them. Forget the rest.

tl;dr yes, they are toxic. The same kind of people who will leave you stranded in the middle of the ocean and PK you just because they feel like it. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Weee, My e-feelings.

Posted

Weee, My e-feelings.

Your little "Ignorance is bliss" note there pretty much sums this up. There isn't such thing as "e-feelings". And unfortunately you're a perfect example of a indifferent person who doesn't think there even is real person behind the screen. Again you had no reason to leave this backhanded mock -comment but to make someone elses day a little bit worse.. congratulations you succeeded?

...My honest recommendation is to find a good guild..

Thank you for the advice, I'll try to find a noob-friendly guild for sure. :)

1 person likes this

Posted

how-can-mirrors-be-real-if-our-eyes-aren

You know I thought about it too to be honest, I was like , Why do I even bother replying here , Its just sad.

But hey thanks i guess. I'll take it as a compliment.

more irrelevant rant too lazy.

Posted

Yeah, youre experiencing the bad side of BDO. The problem is the bad side comprises probably 25% of the player-base.

My honest recommendation is to find a good guild, and ask them those questions. They want you to get stronger to contribute to the guild, they aren't gonna give you crap about not knowing something (and if they do they will probably just be joking around with you) and will actively help you work towards goals.

There is an elitist attitude. Sometimes its warranted, but its rarely warranted towards new people asking for help. Don't worry too much about it.

Good luck brother!

This.

OP: find a guild.

Posted

Welcome to online gaming, you'll have to go through some dirt before finding the little gems. 

Find a guild that suits you and then hide general chat forever.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, sorry to hear that you got such toxic responses, but it hardly comes as a surprise. The game is still being hyped/advertised as some kind of owPvP game - now take a wild guess what kind of players this potentially attracts.

Set your chat filters accordingly and find a guild.

Posted

Welcome to online gaming, you'll have to go through some dirt before finding the little gems. 

Find a guild that suits you and then hide general chat forever.

This what I did...

Posted (edited)

HA YOU WASTED SO MUCH MONEY FOR +13? what is wrong with you guy? no just try to get comfortable with things like this. it isn't BDO. every game suffers this days from ppl went more and more impolite over the last years. it starts with LoL and DOTA. nowadays its just a common tongue to curse certain uncurable diseases over other ppl and their familys.

Edited by Wollbert

Posted

What do you expect of a community where people think it's cool to use "cancer" in every second sentence? Where people don't understand how a publisher could possibly balance a game so it's attractive for non-hardcore players too? Where people act like being tough and skilled, despite the fact that gear (time/luck) is the dominant thing?

Have in mind, there are plenty of kids, and plenty of them are simply morons hidden under anonymity. Especially in MMOs this is a common thing.

But there are enough mature people out there, just be generous with using your chat block function and it will be better over time.

nowadays its just a common tongue to curse certain uncurable diseases over other ppl and their familys.

it's not common at all, in real life you would look like an ass pretty quick. just online, the little kids want to appear as extreme as possible, especially in their puberty.

Posted

I bet u this is one of those kids who gets PK'd in a game then sits there and whines to them in whispers for 30 minutes about how toxic they are for doing such a thing then after 30 minutes the Pk'er who has long since moved on finally insults him because he won't shit up about it then in his mind he's proven right.. "SEE HOW TOXIC THEY ARE!!"

aka snowflakes

Posted

Olvia channels are way worse, they are basically the same as F2P channels, but yeah join a guild and shut the other shit off

Posted

o.0 Toxic community? Compared to the end point of Tera, I think this community is great! I couldn't even play 3v3s because if we lost the game for any reason it was always automatically the healer's fault, and the flaming would be hard. God forbid I'm getting staggerlocked by a lancer while my team mates decide that one person is gonna go on their dps and one on the healer, killing neither of them.

Lol, that aside, I think what you have seen is just what is  regular crappy people. They exist everywhere, all over the place. Honestly the Americas server on nearly any game seems to have a portion of it as crappy people. Just dust yourself off and look for guides or guilds to help you with relevant information, rather than the world chat. 

All in all, it's less of the games fault and more of just people being people. 

Posted

giphy.gif

Posted

The problem is there are alot of inmature people and kids on.

When I role out my blocklist in game on the roads it will last from Valencia to Epheria.

Just ignore/block such people and your chat will also be better sorted.

Posted (edited)

2 Timothy 3:1-5

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Run to Jesus Christ and you won't be depressed anymore. You will find the fruit of the spirit.

Edited by Bdo Exposed

Posted (edited)

People in essentially every chat are dickheads and just chatting for lols or offensiveness(especially in the Roleplay chats). Shltposting rules most of the time and honest questions from newbies get either lost in the wash of terribleness or screwed with for the entertainment of the rest of the chat. I admit that I participate in just being generally stupid in the chats(Roleplay mostly) but I at least try to answer real questions that I'm able to, even if it'll probably get washed out as most other stuff does.

I haven't gotten in to a Guild yet myself, but I hear a good amount of the time that they're pretty good and helpful in this game.

Pick one that looks good and see what happens!

Edited by Kiddles

Posted

There are times of the day when the trolls are silent, the smack talk stops and people are even polite.  Almost then seems like a normal game.:D

1 person likes this

Posted

There are times of the day when the trolls are silent, the smack talk stops and people are even polite.  Almost then seems like a normal game.:D

No. Normal game isn't full of polite people.

A normal game must be full of hilarious insanity.

Posted