• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

BDO has so much content your head will spin

54 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Don't Play it, Live it.  The secret to BDO is to engage in it's game world.

So much to do so little time!  Put away your fishing gear and head to the trade manager.  Sell it off and hit the warehouse.  Grab some shovels and drain the energy.  Get your black spirit and replenish your workers.  Claim the daily boss.  Browse the market and nodes.  Pack everything up it's time to grind.

Head to the secret spot.  Farm off your 30 min daily.  Keep Grinding until your ready for a break.  Haul it all back to town, repair it, place it on the market and store it.

It's time for a contribution run.  Get your fastest mount ready and hit the road.  Optimize your time with the best dailies and gather contribution exp.

Load up an alt it's time to farm/cook/alch.  Get that beer made, try to snipe on the market and even gather a bit if you feel up to it.

Time for a boss, a node war, crafting, breeding, trade route, Afk fishing, fix up your residence, customize your appearance?

Edited by feebleone
14 people like this

Posted

It's my contention, some people are never content with content.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's my contention, some people are never content with content.

A lot of the complaints are legitimate and worth debating, but the question about whether BDO has a lot of content is unquestionably yes.

Some valid criticisms:

You need to invest TONS of time to be effective in  PVP

The quests are not engaging, and simple fetch

The end game can be slow

While these are true, there is a lot more to the overall experience.

Posted

A lot of the complaints are legitimate and worth debating, but the question about whether BDO has a lot of content is unquestionably yes.

Some valid criticisms:

You need to invest TONS of time to be effective in  PVP

The quests are not engaging, and simple fetch

The end game can be slow

While these are true, there is a lot more to the overall experience.

You forgot to mention the lag. The crippling lag that kills you while grinding so that you lose exp and gems with no compensation. Or the lag that makes node wars the shit show it is. BY FAR the worst part of the game is that the system cannot support itself properly 

2 people like this

Posted

You forgot to mention the lag. The crippling lag that kills you while grinding so that you lose exp and gems with no compensation. Or the lag that makes node wars the shit show it is. BY FAR the worst part of the game is that the system cannot support itself properly 

I didn't forget to mention it, it's off topic.

These systems have been in place for many months and it more pointed toward new players and people who like to claim it's just a basic grind game with no content.

Look at a game like Diablo 3 which was created by a major company and had millions of players through their legacy (Diablo 1,2,3).  They offer a small game world with almost nothing, but grind.  Vindictis, Dungeons and Dragons, and 1,000 no name titles fall in the same category.

Even newer popular games like Blade & Soul don't have the content of BDO.

Posted

I didn't forget to mention it, it's off topic.

These systems have been in place for many months and it more pointed toward new players and people who like to claim it's just a basic grind game with no content.

Look at a game like Diablo 3 which was created by a major company and had millions of players through their legacy (Diablo 1,2,3).  They offer a small game world with almost nothing, but grind.  Vindictis, Dungeons and Dragons, and 1,000 no name titles fall in the same category.

But those games don't Lag you to death. That's why they are successful. Not saying BDO ISNT successful, but it would literally be the next WOW if it had better systems with no lag.

Posted

Do you even know what sandbox means? Seems like not... Comparing action games or normal pvp/pve mmo to sandbox is just retarded... Maybe next time compare BDO to Counter strike saying it have a lot more content that this fps too? Different kind of games have different purpose, simple as that...

If you want to see what real queen of sandbox can offer try Ultima Online... BDO pale in comparison to what that 20 years old game offer (as sandbox game ofc)...

3 people like this

Posted

BDO has too much content that isn't getting enough attention, imo. I'd rather have fewer tight-knit features than a sprawl that isn't working properly.

7 people like this

Posted

But those games don't Lag you to death. That's why they are successful. Not saying BDO ISNT successful, but it would literally be the next WOW if it had better systems with no lag.

BDO does lag but it also is subjective. I dont get lag at all in BDO and have never died from it. But I am on the West Coast.

Those games aren't successful because of their lack of lag. That is a very far reaching statement.

2 people like this

Posted

c..c...c...combo breaker, we have a new record for conversion of a post into personal attacks. Cleaning it up, lets keep it civil folks.

10 people like this

Posted

c..c...c...combo breaker, we have a new record for conversion of a post into personal attacks. Cleaning it up, lets keep it civil folks.

they all just excited about the new club

IMG_2552.JPG

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

BDO has too much content that isn't getting enough attention, imo. I'd rather have fewer tight-knit features than a sprawl that isn't working properly.

Sadly, I feel the same way sometimes. When I first started playing it was overwhelming with all the stuffz. But over time I found out many things have no real weight behind them. Like they were thrown in hastily, and not properly tuned to be things that motivate people to do them. I guess the good news is that the devs can tweak stuff that is already there and with little effort increase incentive to play with all the content.

Edited by Redfeather75
2 people like this

Posted

Sadly, I feel the same way sometimes. When I first started playing it was overwhelming with all the stuffz. But over time I found out many things have no real weight behind them. Like they were thrown in hastily, and not properly tuned to be things that motivate people to do them. I guess the good news is that the devs can tweak stuff that is already there and with little effort increase incentive to play with all the content.

There are very specific tasks that work extremely well.  I have no doubt they are also from a group of developers working on different systems.

They also follow a very transparent and logical set of rules although they may be complex.

The Goal: To make silver using trading crates

----- You need a system to mass produce trade crates

----- That requires workers, utilizing buildings, strategies of location

----- The workers require lodging and nodes

----- The nodes require contribution points

So you put it all together and make some money....................game over?  NO!  You can use your node network to craft items, do alchemy, cooking, etc etc.

It's not a broken system without weight or purpose.

Posted

Wish there was a bit more hand-holding... like that annoying Navi from Zelda.

Posted

The game is admittedly as wide as an ocean, too bad it's shallow as a puddle.

6 people like this

Posted

Do you even know what sandbox means? Seems like not... Comparing action games or normal pvp/pve mmo to sandbox is just retarded... Maybe next time compare BDO to Counter strike saying it have a lot more content that this fps too? Different kind of games have different purpose, simple as that...

If you want to see what real queen of sandbox can offer try Ultima Online... BDO pale in comparison to what that 20 years old game offer (as sandbox game ofc)...

You may have heard of a little company called Blizzard Entertainment.  They made Diablo 3 and that other little MMO, the most popular one in the entire world.

I'm not sure why I would use them as example though?  Maybe to illustrate they had the game with the highest player base of any MMO for years, a large staff, and tons of resources.  Yet when it came to Diablo 3 they didn't take a single step forward in the MMO market.

Or a company like NCSoft who only has millions upon millions of customers for their handful of games including many MMO's.

Yet their recent release doesn't have nearly the features of BDO either.

Perhaps you should rethink what it all means.

Posted (edited)

The game is admittedly as wide as an ocean, too bad it's shallow as a puddle.

True. What I really can't understand is how they provide all these huge worlds and beauty graphics and neat objects all around, but fail to make you interact in ANY way with or in it.

Watch this video and look at the comments, everyone has the same thought: "wow, great stuff, but can you actualyl do something with it?". you really don't have to be a genius game-dev to put in some content, at the very least having some treasures or something worthwhile exploring. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoFOPRBwVuQ

Same with quests. i was baffled how they could create such a great setting with the valencia storyline, that screamed for an epic quest (those giant ancient golems). and simply having them stand around in the desert to "extract" something from them (namely, hit R). i really wished for some, at least 1 or 2 nice questlines or activities, that make you team up with your friends in order to have a short but meaningful adventure. the saddest part of it is: the graphical content is there, more than enough! from sunken ships, to ancient relics to boss monsters. many mechanics are alraedy implemented and there to take (climbing, and now swimming, hunting. etc) all these things can just be used to create an adventure that is worth playing through. not only to get the contribution points and items in the end.

having to climb difficult places to get to a specific point and using rope items for other players, that may not be able to jump that high, providing one coop feature?  having to fight (decent) ambushing mobs, similiar to the already implemented (but for endgame players) ghost ship or trade robbers, when you are on specific active questlines with your friends? or just simple riddles. you know, like in the first tomb raider games? some of these things need a bit of code content, others are even already there but unused. there is tons of things that i actually hope for in mmo's and i am really asking for just the most simplest implementation of it.

btw.:  that's what i mean with super epic setup, with no content at all. was it to much to create some form of riddle? (put that thing over there, align these three rings in the right way, etc. simple adventure stuff) or spawn a contesting mob in this room, when I hit R on the relic? this setting begged for a simple riddle or for a relic to spawn some kind of an ancient mob that i have to fight in order to progress further. this one simple spawn would be already some kind of "surprising adventure" in the most simple form. 

2017-04-09_115651162.JPG

and if this is all to much,  then forget what i said, put in some treasure items on island or oceans, at the very least :'( 

Edited by Karylles

Posted

Why must people turn a positive thread into a negative one?

BDO is the best game I own and I own loads of games. It's also the best one I've played and that's a great compliment to an MMO.

I've been playing since launch and there's still so much I have left to do. There could always be more content but there's plenty as it is.

People just love to complain about everything. Yeah there's some comments you cant argue with - the lag has been bad tonight, but nothing worse than I've experienced elsewhere. 

There's just too much winging on these forums and it drives me mad. There's a lot of content for just 30 bucks or pounds. You don't have to pay anymore if you don't want to - I'd say it's excellent value!

Posted (edited)

You may have heard of a little company called Blizzard Entertainment.  They made Diablo 3 and that other little MMO, the most popular one in the entire world.

I'm not sure why I would use them as example though?  Maybe to illustrate they had the game with the highest player base of any MMO for years, a large staff, and tons of resources.  Yet when it came to Diablo 3 they didn't take a single step forward in the MMO market.

Or a company like NCSoft who only has millions upon millions of customers for their handful of games including many MMO's.

Yet their recent release doesn't have nearly the features of BDO either.

Perhaps you should rethink what it all means.

Perhaps you should learn what sandbox term means... Cause i not like to repeat myself... Comparing games from different genre is just retarded...

i said already check Ultima Online, BDO pale in comparison to that queen of sandbox genre...

Edited by Dorsai
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

i might get some hate for this, but the more i consider, the more I think bdo is not really a sandbox.

its a content-less (besides inactvie graphical content) themepark disguised as sandbox.

in a sandbox guilds get created that provide pvp security for other simple gathering guilds as their own means of money making.

or players with ships provide rides to far away islands for others not so fortunate players. some service and money making out of the box, you know.

in a sandbox there would be different ways to work together to kill off a monster, not that spam and lag fest like todays monster hunting.

all in all,  there are incentives for player made events, like maybe building a bridge out of all those unneeded boats and rafts to pirate island, just for the sake of creating something. there is content giving incentive to people to create own content or at least trade the basic items of the game, which also is not happening really, regarding tools and utensils.

and of course meaningful things to explore, small events around your character that happen in the world or objects, that are tangable within it. at the very, very least finding a treasure under water.

all in all i see it as a theme park, with way to simple (and otherwise way to difficult and time consuming unless endgamer) or non-almost non-existing content. i don't see the sandbox there.

of course there is many things "to do", but all those activities that we are talking about are more themepark than sandbox.
and when we talk about adventures, then there is none.

while i already read from the gamedevs personally in their interviews,  that they really are keen to provide meaningful adventures, other than "go grind 100feathers". so it's their own intention, but i don't see more than just the lip serviced intention. 

Edited by Karylles
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Plenty things to dooo so it doenst bore me cause i know when i stop grinding i gotta take care of stuff.

I grind exp when i know i got the whole 2hrs with me if not ill just grind some money.

After work ill just open my BDO and sell stuff that my workers processed then afk/active fish a little.

I only pvp with my guildmates like a practice or whatever.

Im taking my time and enjoying my stay. My GS is only at 390 total and i dont mind.

I played BnS since lauch, reach end game in less than a month, got my gear but it doesnt matter and pvp arena all the way. I got bored cause theres nothing else to do but pvp, i mean its fun but it gets very redundant everyday at least in BDO i get to choose what to do everyday.

Edited by Juliet Lin
1 person likes this

Posted

you forgot ERPing.....

1 person likes this

Posted

you forgot ERPing.....

Im sorry but i don't RP. (´༎ຶོρ༎ຶོ`)

Posted (edited)

Perhaps you should learn what sandbox term means... Cause i not like to repeat myself... Comparing games from different genre is just retarded...

i said already check Ultima Online, BDO pale in comparison to that queen of sandbox genre...

Lineage II         BDO

Open World PVP                        X                   X

Highly Gear Based                     X                   X

Sieges                                      X                   X

Ridiculous Enchanting                X                  X

Storyline Quests                        X                  X

No level Cap                             X                  X

Clan based                               X                  X

World Bosses                           X                  X

Top end graphics for it's time     X                  X

Regular Events                         X                  X

These games have nothing in common

Edited by feebleone

Posted

I agree.  Ultima Online was was/is a true sandbox.  However, UO was botted, hacked, duped, and gold farmed to death.

If you take Ultima Online and attempt to nerf, block, restrict, and code out every known exploit, you pretty much end up with BDO.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0