• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

BDO has so much content your head will spin

54 posts in this topic

Posted

My bdo day starts at 6pm with 2h gathering until 8pm coz 480 energy wont get away by it self. Then i go eat dinner and come back at 10pm cant do 1 boss. Coz all spawns when i either sleep or work. So im frustrated and try to buy some armor stones coz i get none at gathering. At 11pm im tired coz i aint got a single black stone. So i go to sleep and my day starts at the top.

1 person likes this

Posted

c..c...c...combo breaker, we have a new record for conversion of a post into personal attacks. Cleaning it up, lets keep it civil folks.

Where can we find statistics, mileages and hall of fame?

Posted (edited)

This is the best part of the game, this is the best mmo i have played and this is why i am here, i don't compromise about where i spend my time or money, otherwise i would be playing another mmo and you should do too if you don't think this is the best mmo around. 

Edited by SillySin
1 person likes this

Posted

I'd probably like this game a lot more if I hadn't avoided life skills when I started. But I did, and I never got into them. Never have made a crate, have no workers doing anything. I should be doing life skills but I don't, aside from velia fishing.

But I get by enough to keep me playing for now, I guess.

Posted

c..c...c...combo breaker, we have a new record for conversion of a post into personal attacks. Cleaning it up, lets keep it civil folks.

Posted (edited)

Lineage II         BDO

Open World PVP                        X                   X

Highly Gear Based                     X                   X

Sieges                                      X                   X

Ridiculous Enchanting                X                  X

Storyline Quests                        X                  X

No level Cap                             X                  X

Clan based                               X                  X

World Bosses                           X                  X

Top end graphics for it's time     X                  X

Regular Events                         X                  X

These games have nothing in common

@Dorsai wasn't talking about Lineage 2

Regarding your comparisons

Lineage 2 and BDO yes, because they are 2 sanboxes GVG MMOs

Wow and BDO no, since one is a RvR PVE focused themepark. not the same gamedesign at all

BDO and Diablo ... Stupid comparison indeed, they are not the same type of game, Diablo is not a MMORPG

And I see you are kinda new it seems. Talk back to us in some months, when you'll discover that most of the systems seems complex, deep, intricate, but are not really indeed, and more falsely overcomplexified for timesink reasons (and monetisation) than anything

Edited by Capitaine Courage

Posted

If you are not into craft then only Sausans and Pirates left for you until you will get green from grind and die from boredom. 

There is no high end content worth invest time or money. 

- bosses are terrible mechanics and annoying as hell, random one shots for no loot with chaotic spawns and running over whole world like mad 

- Sausans and Pirates is your only content forever

- pvp is joke, karma prevent you to kill anyone and mass pvp lag as hell

- this game is joke, there is nothing to do after 56+ 

After return and playing a month I allready hate this game more then before and allready quit again. 

Posted

Typical thread. One guy likes the game and the huge amount of activies in it.

Then the army of bad-tempered kids join, who appear to camp the forum all day just to tell everyone how much they hate the game and that pretty much everything about it is bad. Instead of playing one of the other millions of games out there.

After return and playing a month I allready hate this game more then before and allready quit again. 

Just like this clown. Serious question, if you hate it so much, don't you feel really stupid that you still spend your time in forums, having a bad feeling in that time?

You're the kid that nobody wants to play with in RL because you're nagging all the time, while others want to enjoy their spare time.

1 person likes this

Posted

Why must people turn a positive thread into a negative one?

BDO is the best game I own and I own loads of games. It's also the best one I've played and that's a great compliment to an MMO.

I've been playing since launch and there's still so much I have left to do. There could always be more content but there's plenty as it is.

People just love to complain about everything. Yeah there's some comments you cant argue with - the lag has been bad tonight, but nothing worse than I've experienced elsewhere. 

There's just too much winging on these forums and it drives me mad. There's a lot of content for just 30 bucks or pounds. You don't have to pay anymore if you don't want to - I'd say it's excellent value!

Often people try playing games that don't match up with their own play style and when it doesn't satisfy their own personal taste they blame the game when it's really them that's the problem.  If people don't like the game they should consider playing something else.

I've been through the same thing myself with Elite Dangerous.  It's sold as an MMO but in the month I played I hardly ever saw another player in the game.  It lacked many features common to MMOs.  I thought it was a great game but just not for me so I switched to BDO instead and I'm sure glad I did.

Posted

Typical thread. One guy likes the game and the huge amount of activies in it.

Then the army of bad-tempered kids join, who appear to camp the forum all day just to tell everyone how much they hate the game and that pretty much everything about it is bad. Instead of playing one of the other millions of games out there.

Just like this clown. Serious question, if you hate it so much, don't you feel really stupid that you still spend your time in forums, having a bad feeling in that time?

You're the kid that nobody wants to play with in RL because you're nagging all the time, while others want to enjoy their spare time.

From the number of post we have it's pretty obvious that you are the forum spammer, not me. You as white knight and blind fan boy won't bring anything good for the game if you blindly praise developers for doing nothing for game. 

Posted

From the number of post we have it's pretty obvious that you are the forum spammer, not me. You as white knight and blind fan boy won't bring anything good for the game if you blindly praise developers for doing nothing for game. 

I'm not the one that spends his time on games that he hates. Obviously that means, I like the game, otherwise I wouldn't be here.

If that's for you already "fan boy" and "white knight", that tells a lot about your attitude.

I don't blindly praise developers, but being developer myself I know how hard certain things are.

And your complete exaggeration "doing nothing for the game" is enough again to show that your whole post is a piece of nonsense. It's the MMO with the best graphics out there BY FAR, lots of content is added regularly.

But the biggest difference between us is, I have my fun playing a game, and you don't. One of us is looking incredibly stupid by defending his "point".

I'd say now "bb have fun", but obviously you don't. You don't say bb and you don't have fun. What a moron.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@Dorsai wasn't talking about Lineage 2

Regarding your comparisons

Lineage 2 and BDO yes, because they are 2 sanboxes GVG MMOs

Wow and BDO no, since one is a RvR PVE focused themepark. not the same gamedesign at all

BDO and Diablo ... Stupid comparison indeed, they are not the same type of game, Diablo is not a MMORPG

And I see you are kinda new it seems. Talk back to us in some months, when you'll discover that most of the systems seems complex, deep, intricate, but are not really indeed, and more falsely overcomplexified for timesink reasons (and monetisation) than anything

How about you start with Yserbius (AOL online) and work your way forward with the actual history of gaming.

If you look at every MMO ever created (10,000's of them) you will realize that BDO is one of the very few to offer such a wide variety of activities and content besides grinding.  There have always been a few games out there with these features, but that doesn't take away from what BDO has done.  It's not easy either Everquest Next was innovative and provided a lot of building tools, but it also got shut down.

Edited by feebleone

Posted (edited)

Yet many contents are nothing but a way to gain silver, they don't have a real purpose nor are exhausted properly, more than contents i'd say "potential contents".
An example? horse training. Having master 2 in training or apprentice 1 doesn't change the slightest thing, they could've made it better introducing a percentage for each rank that makes the horse keen to learn more skills, also each level could grant better stats for the horse, in this way a level 30 T6 trained by a Guru in training could be even more awesome than a T7 leveled by a Skilled 1 and people would start to browse the market in search of the best product.

If the training skill would also give a 0.5% more money when you sell the mount at the horse stable for certain horse tier (aka t5, 6, 7, 8, 9) and make the value pack affect their trade, horse trainers would get some love and start to sell horse again, also the market itself would be more dinamic. The introduction of new coats per tier would bring a refreshing wind on this profession even for those that have been breeding horses since day 1 and for those with the perversion of having the horse that fits their taste.

Fishing? the minigame isn't a minigame, they could have made it in a way that could be more fun for those that wants to venture in the sea. Active fishing could be more rewarding including several fish that shouldn't be hooked if you're just afk fishing. The harpoons should be used even underwater to catch a larger variety of giant fish that you shouldn't catch with a rod, obviously improving also the swimming system which is awful and does nothing else but discouraging the user to do any sea content related without a swim suit such the fish or shark suit, see Margoria expansion and multiple threads filled with rightful complains for further details.

Farming? ever heard about plant breeding? they could've introduced that, allowing the player to breed new plants that cannot be harvested in nature nor gathered via nodes, giving new recipes for alchemy and cooking with these new ingredients or giving to some of them a stand-alone effect because after all they're the product which results from special plants.

Hunting? hunting is total garbage as profession, as long they don't introduce a real purpose for it which isn't "grab a molar from a whale that you can use to craft an accessory that none wants and has barely no use", you'll never see anyone doing hunting aside from those that are in love with being the 1st of each profession in most of channels.

Even the trade itself isn't something that require efforts and mostly is made through autopath with wagons or elephants, leaving aside donkeys. How about they make donkey (maybe camels too) used in active trading giving a buff for the traded items when they're transported via donkeys? they could make it risky activating this buff whenever a trade item is on the mount itself and making it targettable by other players even if the owner is a level 5, in this way whoever wants to gain something more via trade, feel some adrenaline pump in his veins and maybe start a new stable trade empire paying some mercenaries to protect his goodies, could go this way. However they should make camel and donkeys breedable, a new content for horse trainers too, giving them some real battle skills that even the horse can't use. Some bags that can be equipped to transport more items could be useful for this purpose, in this way the active trading wouldn't be limited just because their slots are inferior to a wagon or an elephant.

I'm not even going to start to speak about the environment vs environment and player vs environment thing because is embarassing that i cannot kill an howl with a greatsword but i can kill it with a rusty matchlock or with the same greatsword i can destroy wooden fences that are 90 times harder than a crocodile, but i can't kill the same freaking crocodile with spells.

See what i'm doing? i'm not complaining about the game itself, it's called constructive criticism. The problem with this game is that they developed lots of stuffs but nothing is cured enough to leave a mark in our mind, be the grind, be the pvp or the guild structure itself, everything is there just to give you the impression that this game is endless when in fact everything works for just a purpose: being efficient in grinding and one shotting people in PvP.

I hope these koreans will realize one day that expanding existing contents sometime benefits more their pockets rather than releasing 20gb of nothing mixed with some RNG and cash shop convenience, at least in my opinion.

Edited by Rayin

Posted (edited)

content ? well you have :

- afk life skill

- "active life skill" = press a button & wait XXsec to have it finish

- copy past quest model ( grab a quest then go speak to [whatever] or go kill [whatever] ) (but reading all the various little story is nice tho )

- tiny worker management

- bash the same dumb mob AI till the end of the world since lvl 1 ( only mob skin & location change )

- RNG

- RNG

- RNG

- RNG

- RNG

- RNG

- RNG

- RNG

Not sure that game offer much content ^^

Edited by woots

Posted

If you are not into craft then only Sausans and Pirates left for you until you will get green from grind and die from boredom. 

There is no high end content worth invest time or money. 

- bosses are terrible mechanics and annoying as hell, random one shots for no loot with chaotic spawns and running over whole world like mad 

- Sausans and Pirates is your only content forever

- pvp is joke, karma prevent you to kill anyone and mass pvp lag as hell

- this game is joke, there is nothing to do after 56+ 

Wrong on almost everything.

Sausan / Pirates is inferior to many other areas.

Karma means nothing in the desert.

Most of the actual content is 56+

I'd probably like this game a lot more if I hadn't avoided life skills when I started. But I did, and I never got into them. Never have made a crate, have no workers doing anything. I should be doing life skills but I don't, aside from velia fishing.

But I get by enough to keep me playing for now, I guess.

It's never really to late to start a worker army.  You're actually a lot further ahead than you may think.  You probably have built up a lot of contribution points and have most of the map uncovered.  It's fairy simple from that point to watch a few videos and get it setup.

My bdo day starts at 6pm with 2h gathering until 8pm coz 480 energy wont get away by it self. Then i go eat dinner and come back at 10pm cant do 1 boss. Coz all spawns when i either sleep or work. So im frustrated and try to buy some armor stones coz i get none at gathering. At 11pm im tired coz i aint got a single black stone. So i go to sleep and my day starts at the top.

This is not an efficient way to play the game.  You could have grinded for Silver or done crates and probably got more Shards from the Night Vendor without wasting any time.  You might get boss armor options also.  Or you could semi AFK that energy in the desert at 5 secs per.

Yet many contents are nothing but a way to gain silver, they don't have a real purpose nor are exhausted properly, more than contents i'd say "potential contents".
An example? horse training. Having master 2 in training or apprentice 1 doesn't change the slightest thing, they could've made it better introducing a percentage for each rank that makes the horse keen to learn more skills, also each level could grant better stats for the horse, in this way a level 30 T6 trained by a Guru in training could be even more awesome than a T7 leveled by a Skilled 1 and people would start to browse the market in search of the best product.

If the training skill would also give a 0.5% more money when you sell the mount at the horse stable for certain horse tier (aka t5, 6, 7, 8, 9) and make the value pack affect their trade, horse trainers would get some love and start to sell horse again, also the market itself would be more dinamic. The introduction of new coats per tier would bring a refreshing wind on this profession even for those that have been breeding horses since day 1 and for those with the perversion of having the horse that fits their taste.

Fishing? the minigame isn't a minigame, they could have made it in a way that could be more fun for those that wants to venture in the sea. Active fishing could be more rewarding including several fish that shouldn't be hooked if you're just afk fishing. The harpoons should be used even underwater to catch a larger variety of giant fish that you shouldn't catch with a rod, obviously improving also the swimming system which is awful and does nothing else but discouraging the user to do any sea content related without a swim suit such the fish or shark suit, see Margoria expansion and multiple threads filled with rightful complains for further details.

Farming? ever heard about plant breeding? they could've introduced that, allowing the player to breed new plants that cannot be harvested in nature nor gathered via nodes, giving new recipes for alchemy and cooking with these new ingredients or giving to some of them a stand-alone effect because after all they're the product which results from special plants.

Hunting? hunting is total garbage as profession, as long they don't introduce a real purpose for it which isn't "grab a molar from a whale that you can use to craft an accessory that none wants and has barely no use", you'll never see anyone doing hunting aside from those that are in love with being the 1st of each profession in most of channels.

Even the trade itself isn't something that require efforts and mostly is made through autopath with wagons or elephants, leaving aside donkeys. How about they make donkey (maybe camels too) used in active trading giving a buff for the traded items when they're transported via donkeys? they could make it risky activating this buff whenever a trade item is on the mount itself and making it targettable by other players even if the owner is a level 5, in this way whoever wants to gain something more via trade, feel some adrenaline pump in his veins and maybe start a new stable trade empire paying some mercenaries to protect his goodies, could go this way. However they should make camel and donkeys breedable, a new content for horse trainers too, giving them some real battle skills that even the horse can't use. Some bags that can be equipped to transport more items could be useful for this purpose, in this way the active trading wouldn't be limited just because their slots are inferior to a wagon or an elephant.

I'm not even going to start to speak about the environment vs environment and player vs environment thing because is embarassing that i cannot kill an howl with a greatsword but i can kill it with a rusty matchlock or with the same greatsword i can destroy wooden fences that are 90 times harder than a crocodile, but i can't kill the same freaking crocodile with spells.

See what i'm doing? i'm not complaining about the game itself, it's called constructive criticism. The problem with this game is that they developed lots of stuffs but nothing is cured enough to leave a mark in our mind, be the grind, be the pvp or the guild structure itself, everything is there just to give you the impression that this game is endless when in fact everything works for just a purpose: being efficient in grinding and one shotting people in PvP.

I hope these koreans will realize one day that expanding existing contents sometime benefits more their pockets rather than releasing 20gb of nothing mixed with some RNG and cash shop convenience, at least in my opinion.

You know that 99% of MMO's ever created have NONE of these mechanics.

You can go grind or grind or grind.  You grind for levels, and grind for money.

People played Everquest for Years and ironically it wasn't really about questing.  It was about farming static spawns and grinding for eternity.  There where never really options outside of that.  With that said, it was a magnificent game many years ahead of it's time and one of the best ever created.  Don't be mislead though into thinking many games offer you what BDO does.

Everything could be improved of course, but you don't Go Sailing or Setup a Farm in most games.  You simply GRIND MOBS AND ONLY GRIND MOBS.

Posted (edited)

People played Everquest for Years and ironically it wasn't really about questing.  It was about farming static spawns and grinding for eternity.  There where never really options outside of that.  With that said, it was a magnificent game many years ahead of it's time and one of the best ever created.  Don't be mislead though into thinking many games offer you what BDO does.

Everything could be improved of course, but you don't Go Sailing or Setup a Farm in most games.  You simply GRIND MOBS AND ONLY GRIND MOBS.

People play CoD or even any kind of MOBA that i dislike, but this doesn't mean that since lots of people play these games they offer the best mechanic above any other game.
BDO has been advertised like a sandbox game with a beautiful world to explore where you could do many activities and open world pvp, these things obviously have gathered the interest of many different kind of players, although each of these things doesn't shine, not even when it comes to graphic department and that's why they hired a famous team to rework at least this aspect, it's a 3 year old game if i'm not mistake and they want to keep up with the graphic.

Also your argument is kinda reductive, these many MMO's that you described give something else than money or activities that are half developed, they give titles that have particular bonus and achievements that you can unlock to gain X-Y-Z temporary or permanent items, they give you arenas with special conditions that can be either PvP or PvE, a pletora of minigames that can be fun or boring, they give special items that are worth farming or either are materials that can be used for some end game set or a good alternative, they literally give dozen of contents if are instanced and have other features if are open world, even Mortal Online which is much darker, much more bugged, freemium, in decay because the staff itself abuse of its power to give the upper hand to their guildies/friends/girls and so on, has anyway a much healtier trade system, a real world that you can explore if you're brave enough to leave the town because there's no world map and it's full loot PvP and yet give you valid alternatives. 

BDO doesn't do anything different from the grinding department, except removing the "material" part from the trail of loot that poor brainless mobs farmed endlessly leaves behind, reducing even more their AI to cater the largest number of monsters in an area to allow a mechanism that basically is: grind money.
I'm not saying BDO isn't cool, but yet i have to see a general improvement in mechanics that already exist in game: they added a new lifeskill which is "sailing", something that you can increase only if you travel in Margoria sea. Why should i go there? why should i even waste my time there when there are more productive ways to invest my time, including take my boat and grind at pirate island. Once you're done with the chain quest for CP, titles and knowledges, you're pretty much done with Margoria.

Yeah, it's a content, it's there and you can do it - even if is not the best - because is there and you can use your free will to take a boat and sail for new adventures with sea monsters that aren't worth your time unless you go with several guild boats and hunt them to craft the equip for these gallons, but using your own example someone could choose to play a game in alpha or beta testing and try out bugged features because they're there, it's up to him if he wants to do something else than follow the main story or test and report the various bugs of this brand new game that is still in development.

BDO as every korean mmorpg that simply is born with the idea of creating a game to cater most of people and milk them for good, doesn't develope anything, doesn't listen feedbacks, it just add mindlessly. Add, add, add, add, add, add because it cost just a lil more money than optimizing what's there already and gives also more money in a short time-frame, that's why most of us are still in love with tales when a new korean mmorpg is announced and the market gets viral at the point that everyone is convinced that this future game will be a WoW killer or the MMORPG of millenium totally different from its various counterparts. Simply, this damned koreans are too good at their job, they can build these "playable exoskeletons" with an infinite potential of growth, however they don't add anything else because that's what they are and shoul remain, exoskeletons of games.

Edited by Rayin

Posted (edited)

But those games don't Lag you to death. That's why they are successful. Not saying BDO ISNT successful, but it would literally be the next WOW if it had better systems with no lag.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Spoken by someone who has never played Diablo 3. That game is a sh1tshow when it comes to lag, it's just not immediately apparent and only hits when you actually get good enough to do the endgame type stuff. Then it's a damned slideshow because the engine can't handle all the mobs taking damage at once. Players have to adjust their builds because the game can't handle extra damage types.

But that explanation is very vague. Here's what it means. You zone into a rift, gather up 50 mobs, group them to aoe them down. You are immediately hit by lag so severe you have to escape to pause the game. You unpause, use a few abilities, then re-pause the game because you will die otherwise. Rinse and repeat until enough mobs have died that the engine can function at full speed again.  If you are in a group, you can't use certain abilities because the lag will kill everyone (game not pausable in a group).

Yes, BDO lag is a problem. Pretending like every other MMO out there is lag free is head-in-sand territory. Diablo is the most hysterically dumbfounding claim you made but there's plenty of lag in WoW, too. Servers have been borderline broken at various times. The last time I played everyone got a wonderful 2k ms during primetime on Mal'ganis. This is a problem for all developers trying to do anything on a scale larger than small multiplayer.

Edited by kaliver

Posted

People play CoD or even any kind of MOBA that i dislike, but this doesn't mean that since lots of people play these games they offer the best mechanic above any other game.BDO has been advertised like a sandbox game with a beautiful world to explore where you could do many activities and open world pvp, these things obviously have gathered the interest of many different kind of players, although each of these things doesn't shine, not even when it comes to graphic department and that's why they hired a famous team to rework at least this aspect, it's a 3 year old game if i'm not mistake and they want to keep up with the graphic.

Also your argument is kinda reductive, these many MMO's that you described give something else than money or activities that are half developed, they give titles that have particular bonus and achievements that you can unlock to gain X-Y-Z temporary or permanent items, they give you arenas with special conditions that can be either PvP or PvE, a pletora of minigames that can be fun or boring, they give special items that are worth farming or either are materials that can be used for some end game set or a good alternative, they literally give dozen of contents if are instanced and have other features if are open world, even Mortal Online which is much darker, much more bugged, freemium, in decay because the staff itself abuse of its power to give the upper hand to their guildies/friends/girls and so on, has anyway a much healtier trade system, a real world that you can explore if you're brave enough to leave the town because there's no world map and it's full loot PvP and yet give you valid alternatives. 

BDO doesn't do anything different from the grinding department, except removing the "material" part from the trail of loot that poor brainless mobs farmed endlessly leaves behind, reducing even more their AI to cater the largest number of monsters in an area to allow a mechanism that basically is: grind money.
I'm not saying BDO isn't cool, but yet i have to see a general improvement in mechanics that already exist in game: they added a new lifeskill which is "sailing", something that you can increase only if you travel in Margoria sea. Why should i go there? why should i even waste my time there when there are more productive ways to invest my time, including take my boat and grind at pirate island. Once you're done with the chain quest for CP, titles and knowledges, you're pretty much done with Margoria.

Yeah, it's a content, it's there and you can do it - even if is not the best - because is there and you can use your free will to take a boat and sail for new adventures with sea monsters that aren't worth your time unless you go with several guild boats and hunt them to craft the equip for these gallons, but using your own example someone could choose to play a game in alpha or beta testing and try out bugged features because they're there, it's up to him if he wants to do something else than follow the main story or test and report the various bugs of this brand new game that is still in development.

BDO as every korean mmorpg that simply is born with the idea of creating a game to cater most of people and milk them for good, doesn't develope anything, doesn't listen feedbacks, it just add mindlessly. Add, add, add, add, add, add because it cost just a lil more money than optimizing what's there already and gives also more money in a short time-frame, that's why most of us are still in love with tales when a new korean mmorpg is announced and the market gets viral at the point that everyone is convinced that this future game will be a WoW killer or the MMORPG of millenium totally different from its various counterparts. Simply, this damned koreans are too good at their job, they can build these "playable exoskeletons" with an infinite potential of growth, however they don't add anything else because that's what they are and shoul remain, exoskeletons of games.

None of the systems individually stand out as being extraordinary, but to say they don't improve upon them isn't entirely true either.  They revamped areas for spawn density, improved bosses, extended the quest line, and do minor improvements on a regular basis.  Even details such as adding extra animations or more fish options still improve the overall game.

Not to mention long term changes such as trash loot balancing in the past, trade changes, removing energy from cooking, etc etc.

Collecting "alternative" items is already in BDO.  Whether it's making buff items, house decorations, collecting scrolls, or shards.

Posted

None of the systems individually stand out as being extraordinary, but to say they don't improve upon them isn't entirely true either.  They revamped areas for spawn density, improved bosses, extended the quest line, and do minor improvements on a regular basis.  Even details such as adding extra animations or more fish options still improve the overall game.

Not to mention long term changes such as trash loot balancing in the past, trade changes, removing energy from cooking, etc etc.

Collecting "alternative" items is already in BDO.  Whether it's making buff items, house decorations, collecting scrolls, or shards.

As i said they added, they didn't literally revamp. Why did they made these changes in the end, aside from the "extended quest line" part that is the only content which stands alone? they did it to boost your money income, with the trashloot or adding more items for the life skills. The animations themselves are just polished to make the gameplay look more smooth even in videos that are always an awesome trademark to advertise a game, so there you are.

They do everything in function of money, to gain money, give you more money power to spend for items that you can buy if they're listed and you got enough money, nothing else is done for another kind of purpose, else we would have minigames that are meant to be fun, quests that are meant to be fun, more videos for the new questlines.

Posted

As i said they added, they didn't literally revamp. Why did they made these changes in the end, aside from the "extended quest line" part that is the only content which stands alone? they did it to boost your money income, with the trashloot or adding more items for the life skills. The animations themselves are just polished to make the gameplay look more smooth even in videos that are always an awesome trademark to advertise a game, so there you are.
They do everything in function of money, to gain money, give you more money power to spend for items that you can buy if they're listed and you got enough money, nothing else is done for another kind of purpose, else we would have minigames that are meant to be fun, quests that are meant to be fun, more videos for the new questlines.

That's a poor and jaded perspective that isn't warranted.

When they make UI changes for example (which they have on several occasions) it's for the benefit of the Product/Game.  It sounds like you want to claim all of these changes are "money grabs".

They added a Black Spirit Board game.  Although it's not that interactive and not what your looking for.  If they added what you're looking for most players would probably say what is this trash/waste of time that doesn't give me instant rewards.

Posted

That's a poor and jaded perspective that isn't warranted.

When they make UI changes for example (which they have on several occasions) it's for the benefit of the Product/Game.  It sounds like you want to claim all of these changes are "money grabs".

They added a Black Spirit Board game.  Although it's not that interactive and not what your looking for.  If they added what you're looking for most players would probably say what is this trash/waste of time that doesn't give me instant rewards.

It's not a poor perspective when:

- Fishing relics bother you? you can gain memory fragments with them but you don't want to wait for each boss to spawn? Pila Fe is the solution. Even better pay for some Artisan Memory, so you can skip these boring things and optimize your time and enhancing sessions.
- Train the skills of your horse doesn't please you? here a training horse coupon to skip that part, i'm sure you love to tame horse to breed to get a change for a fantastic foal that might give at birth other foals, maybe t8 or 9. Nope? alright, here's a breeding reset coupon, so you got twice the possibilities and you won't tame horses neither if you play your cards right. Now that we're at it, let's talk about the skills of your horse. Do you want to repeat the amazing process which is horse training to get the best horse of all times? remember that learning skills is not assured, so he might learn tons of skills or be autistic enough with 1 or 2 at level 30, also it might have the skills that you want or not, we don't want you to lock them, in that case there's nothing you can do about it except these two fantastic cash shop items: horse skill deletion coupon and horse skill change coupon!
- Another wonderful mechanic that they allow you to skip is the swimming part, because they can't be arsed to fix it, but i already stated that.

Don't take me wrong man, despite my four posts i like the game because i found my "ways" to entertain myself and i'm quite talkative in Discord or in game, however i can't see any effort made towards to please the players, instead i see catch-up mechanics to keep them anchored in a roulette, giving away most of end contents items not because the players are eager to farm them in a game - therefore something that should be fun - it's simply because they can't because of RNG barriers, because the top spots to drop them are crowded, their availability in market is close to 0 or else/and simply these people don't want to farm because it's pointless, everything is meant to increase your asset, your economical power. 

My argument is quite simple even if i write essay: korean mmorpg are a money trap, black desert is not different, so these side contents that you were talking about are not meant to entertain you, just to keep you in a game where sooner or later you might be forced or tempted to spend real money or gamble your in game money to feel as if you won the lottery, as if you didn't waste your time.

Posted

As an ex-Tera player, when I came here and I saw real content being released I thought the holy gods had opened up heaven and let the sunlight in. OMG it's not a costume? It's real? It's usable? :0000 My mind was blown. Along with the thing that I have been starving for action combat. 

BDO isn't perfect, but hardly any games really reach perfection in one go. I really hope that the pvp gets focused on, maybe even some way to get pvp gear by doing pvp instead of dungeons. Cause, if I wanted to do dungeons, I would go back to Tera..since they killed the pvp battlegrounds in favor of pve and dungeons.

Plus..if the pvp was ramped up maybe there would be a possibility of a pro-scene or e-sports.

All dreams aside, I'm really happy that the developers are releasing content and trying. I understand that the company is composed of human beings, so I'm humbled at their effort and I know that there might be limitations.  

Posted

I just wish performance of game was better.

Posted (edited)

It's not a poor perspective when:
- Fishing relics bother you? you can gain memory fragments with them but you don't want to wait for each boss to spawn? Pila Fe is the solution. Even better pay for some Artisan Memory, so you can skip these boring things and optimize your time and enhancing sessions.
- Train the skills of your horse doesn't please you? here a training horse coupon to skip that part, i'm sure you love to tame horse to breed to get a change for a fantastic foal that might give at birth other foals, maybe t8 or 9. Nope? alright, here's a breeding reset coupon, so you got twice the possibilities and you won't tame horses neither if you play your cards right. Now that we're at it, let's talk about the skills of your horse. Do you want to repeat the amazing process which is horse training to get the best horse of all times? remember that learning skills is not assured, so he might learn tons of skills or be autistic enough with 1 or 2 at level 30, also it might have the skills that you want or not, we don't want you to lock them, in that case there's nothing you can do about it except these two fantastic cash shop items: horse skill deletion coupon and horse skill change coupon!
- Another wonderful mechanic that they allow you to skip is the swimming part, because they can't be arsed to fix it, but i already stated that.

Don't take me wrong man, despite my four posts i like the game because i found my "ways" to entertain myself and i'm quite talkative in Discord or in game, however i can't see any effort made towards to please the players, instead i see catch-up mechanics to keep them anchored in a roulette, giving away most of end contents items not because the players are eager to farm them in a game - therefore something that should be fun - it's simply because they can't because of RNG barriers, because the top spots to drop them are crowded, their availability in market is close to 0 or else/and simply these people don't want to farm because it's pointless, everything is meant to increase your asset, your economical power. 

My argument is quite simple even if i write essay: korean mmorpg are a money trap, black desert is not different, so these side contents that you were talking about are not meant to entertain you, just to keep you in a game where sooner or later you might be forced or tempted to spend real money or gamble your in game money to feel as if you won the lottery, as if you didn't waste your time.

It's wrong again, just for different reasons.  One of the reasons Diablo 3 failed so bad was their business model.  They wanted to be creative and allow players to sell items for real cash among themselves and it became a legal nightmare.  So they went with a one time purchase and it simply could not sustain the game over time.

BDO would be in the same boat without a cash shop.  Especially since they started selling the game for $5 - $10 at times.  Without a cash shop or subscription their business model would not be viable in the long run.  They did extremely well, but franchising, advertising, a development team, etc could not survive for the next few years without cash shop sales.

No one should be calling BDO Pay2Win in it's current state.  In a true Pay2Win game content would be locked, even casual spenders would have 15+ Billion and cash cows would have 100's of Billions.  The cash cows would run around getting 2-3x the exp with gear that would take a lifetime to obtain without.

The reality is in nearly any channel at any time I run around with #1 in Growth over my head and I didn't have to spend a dime in the cash shop for it.  My gear isn't the absolute best, but it's enough to win nearly any fight and over time it's still going to get better.

As an ex-Tera player, when I came here and I saw real content being released I thought the holy gods had opened up heaven and let the sunlight in. OMG it's not a costume? It's real? It's usable? :0000 My mind was blown. Along with the thing that I have been starving for action combat. 

BDO isn't perfect, but hardly any games really reach perfection in one go. I really hope that the pvp gets focused on, maybe even some way to get pvp gear by doing pvp instead of dungeons. Cause, if I wanted to do dungeons, I would go back to Tera..since they killed the pvp battlegrounds in favor of pve and dungeons.

Plus..if the pvp was ramped up maybe there would be a possibility of a pro-scene or e-sports.

All dreams aside, I'm really happy that the developers are releasing content and trying. I understand that the company is composed of human beings, so I'm humbled at their effort and I know that there might be limitations.  

Over the last year they have released an amazing amount of content.  From new areas, classes, awakenings, UI changes, sound, tweaks, lifeskills, boats, fame system, it's all been pretty good.

Edited by feebleone

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0