• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

BDO has so much content your head will spin

54 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

It's wrong again, just for different reasons.  One of the reasons Diablo 3 failed so bad was their business model.  They wanted to be creative and allow players to sell items for real cash among themselves and it became a legal nightmare.  So they went with a one time purchase and it simply could not sustain the game over time.

BDO would be in the same boat without a cash shop.  Especially since they started selling the game for $5 - $10 at times.  Without a cash shop or subscription their business model would not be viable in the long run.  They did extremely well, but franchising, advertising, a development team, etc could not survive for the next few years without cash shop sales.

No one should be calling BDO Pay2Win in it's current state.  In a true Pay2Win game content would be locked, even casual spenders would have 15+ Billion and cash cows would have 100's of Billions.  The cash cows would run around getting 2-3x the exp with gear that would take a lifetime to obtain without.

The reality is in nearly any channel at any time I run around with #1 in Growth over my head and I didn't have to spend a dime for it.  My gear isn't the absolute best, but it's enough to win nearly any fight and over time it's still going to get better.

I'm not saying is P2W, i'm saying that they find convenient to put a swimming suit for real money because it grants a benefit, aka swimming much faster than boats just to do stuffs, that else wouldn't be enjoyable at all.
That's convenience, i don't even want to talk about the P2W vs Pay4Convenience argument, what i mean is simply that their contents aren't elaborate enough to be enjoyable, they're at the best something tollerable for most of them, while others are an absolute annoyance that in a way or another they bypass with cash shop items that grants you a way to skip them entirely.

Also diablo 3 failed because is a bad game, take Path of Exile: is a much better version, is free to play, is constantly developed and the developers listen the majority of feedbacks and are communicative, is born via crowfunding which is unusual for a free2play game that is still up after 2 years and yet they still gain money with the cash shop, that is mostly skin, outfits, decors and stuffs. The users, including me, spend gladly money in it because is a project that has been handed very well, even the voice acting is something amazing that in a way or another makes you eager to know the story. Do you want an example? find Dialla and her lines, their an absolute, flawless hint of a marvelous work.

I dunno why you went with the P2W route, i've been talking about money because this game cater there, in game and outside, you either work hard to make money or either you want to spend them to bypass frustrating mechanics.
See what i'm talking about? no P2W claims.

Edited by Rayin

Posted

you forgot ERPing.....

My favourite thing~

Posted

I'm not saying is P2W, i'm saying that they find convenient to put a swimming suit for real money because it grants a benefit, aka swimming much faster than boats just to do stuffs, that else wouldn't be enjoyable at all.That's convenience, i don't even want to talk about the P2W vs Pay4Convenience argument, what i mean is simply that their contents aren't elaborate enough to be enjoyable, they're at the best something tollerable for most of them, while others are an absolute annoyance that in a way or another they bypass with cash shop items that grants you a way to skip them entirely.

Also diablo 3 failed because is a bad game, take Path of Exile: is a much better version, is free to play, is constantly developed and the developers listen the majority of feedbacks and are communicative, is born via crowfunding which is unusual for a free2play game that is still up after 2 years and yet they still gain money with the cash shop, that is mostly skin, outfits, decors and stuffs. The users, including me, spend gladly money in it because is a project that has been handed very well, even the voice acting is something amazing that in a way or another makes you eager to know the story. Do you want an example? find Dialla and her lines, their an absolute, flawless hint of a marvelous work.

I dunno why you went with the P2W route, i've been talking about money because this game cater there, in game and outside, you either work hard to make money or either you want to spend them to bypass frustrating mechanics.
See what i'm talking about? no P2W claims.

POE is a good game and I was glad to see them stand out as not being a cash shop grab, but it's also another hack n slash where that is all you do.  After playing enough of those over the years it's nice to see a game like BDO try to create more of an actual game world with other activities.

Posted

It's wrong again, just for different reasons.  One of the reasons Diablo 3 failed so bad was their business model.  They wanted to be creative and allow players to sell items for real cash among themselves and it became a legal nightmare.  So they went with a one time purchase and it simply could not sustain the game over time.

BDO would be in the same boat without a cash shop.  Especially since they started selling the game for $5 - $10 at times.  Without a cash shop or subscription their business model would not be viable in the long run.  They did extremely well, but franchising, advertising, a development team, etc could not survive for the next few years without cash shop sales.

No one should be calling BDO Pay2Win in it's current state.  In a true Pay2Win game content would be locked, even casual spenders would have 15+ Billion and cash cows would have 100's of Billions.  The cash cows would run around getting 2-3x the exp with gear that would take a lifetime to obtain without.

The reality is in nearly any channel at any time I run around with #1 in Growth over my head and I didn't have to spend a dime in the cash shop for it.  My gear isn't the absolute best, but it's enough to win nearly any fight and over time it's still going to get better.

Over the last year they have released an amazing amount of content.  From new areas, classes, awakenings, UI changes, sound, tweaks, lifeskills, boats, fame system, it's all been pretty good.

Still no helmets,pets,armors in this game. Berserker looks like jesus in grunil robe.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0