• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Please Implement a Non-Rng involved/Quest-grind way of upgrading your gear to PEN

104 posts in this topic

Posted

Maybe have a Mystical Master blacksmith NPC that will upgrade your gear/weapons to the next tier if you complete a quest that involves killing X amount of monsters.  Like to upgrade a TRI Muskans to TET, you would have to kill 50000 Centaurs or something like that. Or to upgrade your TET Dande to PEN you would have to kill 250k Waragons.

You can still upgrade it the traditional way, but with this you have at least another way to upgrade your gear.

15 people like this

Posted

50000 kutums for a rng box with 10% chance for pen kutum and 90% chance blackstone

best idea

10 people like this

Posted

i so approve of this would much rather slowly work towards the upgrades knowing that its garunteed

3 people like this

Posted

Brilliant idea :D made my day

Posted (edited)

BDO is the only game I've ever played where you go backwards in progression. Wouldn't be so bad if hards and sharps were readily available. Their rarity is hindering our attempts to downgrade, I mean build a failstack, I mean upgrade.

Edited by Stabby
12 people like this

Posted

hahahahahahahahaha

1 person likes this

Posted

50k centaurs? 

I kill a 100k pirates every week, that gives me enough to click 1 tet attempt 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

...and maybe fries with that? :)

I doubt they'll make this kind of change even years from now on. They might make it easier to enchant with some special items you can buy/gather in game and such but the main concept won't change and can't really because already so many have proven that it can be done. It's not like everyone needs to have PEN.

Imagine a situation that you won the lottery and got a nice sports car...then two months layter the goverment decides everyone get's one for some simple task they're already doing like maybe going to work without a day off for 2 weeks (killing 50 000 mobs is not even considered a task at some point)

Edited by Falcion

Posted

...and maybe fries with that? :)

I doubt they'll make this kind of change even years from now on. They might make it easier to enchant with some special items you can buy/gather in game and such but the main concept won't change and can't really because already so many have proven that it can be done. It's not like everyone needs to have PEN.

Imagine a situation that you won the lottery and got a nice sports car...then two months layter the goverment decides everyone get's one for some simple task they're already doing like maybe going to work without a day off for 2 weeks (killing 50 000 mobs is not even considered a task at some point)

Why people keep comparing a video games luck based bullshit to real life and winning the lottery etc... is beyond me! 

It's a -----ing video game, it's supposed to be fun!

Somewhere down the line video games lost themselves in the realm of gambling to keep players addicted. 

And just because the players are addicted, it doesn't mean they're having fun. 

I came from the very early generation of gaming, Super Mario, Zelda, Shinobi, Contra, Megaman these games were pure fun and entertainment! Not like the shallow open world shells that are saturated in gambling and RNG to make it fun which are being developed nowadays.

13 people like this

Posted

Well, these games do need to continue generating revenue. It's not a one time purchase to have fun. There are games like that if that is what you are looking for.

Posted

nah they should just let you force it using cron stone. it will cost 50% than the marketplace so 10 bils for 1 pen. great money sink too.

2 people like this

Posted

The only thing stopping me from having those Pen items are the mem frags (Eu), only if i was in NA where i can buy them from mp, let an npc sell mem for 1 mill each and you will see the amount of pen items around.

Posted

The only real problem I see is accessories and a concentrated Cron stone, that stopped splosions would remedy that. It could work on no reverting levels in armor and weapons too.

10X cron stone, 1x Memory Frag in alchemy = 1 concentrated Cron Stone.

Leveling Enchant like we level everything else would be nice too.

Posted

Well they did this idea with the Epheria Sailboat.  I considered it a win.  They gated it behind a bazillion logs, but I knew I was slowly working toward something.  I don't really see a downside to this approach. 

I suppose it could upset the game balance/market somehow.  However, I think it would generate more players in total to the game.

Posted

omg lol did i really read this or am i still dreaming? 

Posted

BDO is the only game I've ever played where you go backwards in progression. Wouldn't be so bad if hards and sharps were readily available. Their rarity is hindering our attempts to downgrade, I mean build a failstack, I mean upgrade.

Is BDO your first (Asian) MMO?

As frustrating as BDO's enchant system is, it doesn't come close to the likes of ArcheAge where you lose the WHOLE WEAPON failing an enchant above a certain tier.

3 people like this

Posted

Is BDO your first (Asian) MMO?

As frustrating as BDO's enchant system is, it doesn't come close to the likes of ArcheAge where you lose the WHOLE WEAPON failing an enchant above a certain tier.

Frankly its the downgrade that's the worst.  I'd rather lower the success chance and keep the level, than go backwards.

2 people like this

Posted

dafoe.gif

2 people like this

Posted

the less rng the better,  i dont think kr devs knows even 10% of what eu/us market wants...

1 person likes this

Posted

Frankly its the downgrade that's the worst.  I'd rather lower the success chance and keep the level, than go backwards.

Yeah the downgrade sucks ass. I can't fathom how people even try TETing because i'm having so much trouble just getting TRI

Posted (edited)

in my eyes.....

- greatly reduce success chance on enhancement of IV an V
 - Do not destroy the upgraded item any more but only the component item.
 - Stop downgrading

EG only the non  upgraded item will be destroyed on a fail but you wont downgrade and loose progress any more

Edited by Hitt

Posted

Maybe have a Mystical Master blacksmith NPC that will upgrade your gear/weapons to the next tier if you complete a quest that involves killing X amount of monsters.  Like to upgrade a TRI Muskans to TET, you would have to kill 50000 Centaurs or something like that. Or to upgrade your TET Dande to PEN you would have to kill 250k Waragons.

You can still upgrade it the traditional way, but with this you have at least another way to upgrade your gear.

that would be too easy imo. You either get lucky or extremely unlocky, or you dont get the PEN at all. Such a resourcecostly and lengthy road that is, only for those of hardened steel or the idiotic with sheer luck.

1 person likes this

Posted

That's an okay concept. Because these "useless mobs" would make new grinding spots happen.

(Yes I just said Centaurs [i.e Centaurs Belt] are useless because it's been proven on that latest tournament stream that DP is trash and full AP is the way to go)

Posted

Why people keep comparing a video games luck based bullshit to real life and winning the lottery etc... is beyond me! 

It's a -----ing video game, it's supposed to be fun!

Somewhere down the line video games lost themselves in the realm of gambling to keep players addicted. 

And just because the players are addicted, it doesn't mean they're having fun. 

I came from the very early generation of gaming, Super Mario, Zelda, Shinobi, Contra, Megaman these games were pure fun and entertainment! Not like the shallow open world shells that are saturated in gambling and RNG to make it fun which are being developed nowadays.

Ok let's say yo go into the game and get EVEYTHING. How long are you gonna spend in such a game and how much are you willing to spend in $ if you already got everything? Well one or two people will be entertained by this, but a lot of others will just get bored fast and leave because there is no challenge. I know today it is like "everyone is a winner", but life veryfies that quite fast...and so does this game.

And yes it's suppose to be fun, and it is. for me at least. I don't stress myself over every enchantment and rng element. I know why they're here and I just go with the flow. If it succeds then it's "hurray" if it fails then it's "oh ok, then maybe another time". I also try to play smart (althought it costs a lot more probably), like having a spare before I go all out on enchanting. That way it doesn't hurt me when I get to it.

Very early my young friend is pong, alien invasion or river ride, Ahh those were the days, waiting for a game to load for an hour.

Posted

Meh, this game does a lot better job than other grindy KR MMO's when it comes to enhancing. I don't mind it ~