• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

absurd grind

105 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi

why are you not running a casual server

i believe 60-80% of gamers have no interest in grinding the way it is and will probably just not do it...like me

Olvia + 200% + 50% + 8% + decent / good killrate ..... still its f-ing insane. The exp is so few i dont see myself doing this even if you would give me +2000% ep perma. I feel it would need like AT LEAST + 40000% extra.

I think the gameplay is fine and the aoe grind fun... but only until level 50 or so

its a blast till then.... but i guess most people will not enjoy lvl 53 / 54 / 55 / 55 / ..... so much

obvious there is no need to shop because im not really making a character. Im just doing what i can with my 56 and maybe play a twink or 2 but its not so ideal for ""serious"" pvp or getting people to support the game

// honestly: i paid enough and how you are running the game i refuse to give u money if its not something i really want

// -> i really really hate spending money in the shop because i feel its not justified; spend 60 euro allready and it was well worth it but

// i will try to keep it at 10 euros every 3 months because i feel thats justified //

i really dont unterstand how the publisher / devs cater to a minority.

Its like saying: i wanne sell stuff and for that to go smoothly im opening some small local store

i would suggest a casual server with max lvl 60 greatly! increased exp rate and a realistic way to get some gear

i aint doing boring stuff for months or even years just to get like 30% stronger.... what for

if no1 does it and uses basic equip its fair and ppl can do proper pvp and still go after boss x or somefin

* this certainly isnt just a case of "doh its an mmorpg thats what you do here" *

my point: i think much more people would use the shop and continue to play if you would just "adept" to them rather than focusing on "the fewer" meaning: level up fast and fun, dont go crazy on the equip so people can make a char in a week or 2. Do that a couple of times and its already been months.

but please always have a classic server for the crybabys who are worse than a bored child

Edited by fbx
1 person likes this

Posted

Why are people always trying to change games into what they specifically want?

r9id6xt.jpg

19 people like this

Posted

Well the game is not designed to play it for a week or two and have BiS with max level... If you want something like that then WoW is your game... 

Taking a 6% at 57 , 5% at 58, 3,5% at 59 per hour (with multiple exp buffs on) is not bad. It means that you have to invest a bit of time to level up. 

Besides after a point you don't grind for the exp... you grind to make gold for your gear upgrades. Leveling just come's along ... 

11 people like this

Posted

If you have problems at level 51 and above, this game is really nothing for you AT ALL. You should play battlefield or something like that, MMO is a completely different playstyle that you will never like.

1 person likes this

Posted

-Sips tea-

018.jpg

9 people like this

Posted (edited)

I don't want to sound rude, but I think you're playing the wrong game.

BDO involves a lot of grinding and rng. Most people who joined the game knew what they were signing up for...

Personally I enjoy the grind, it feels much more rewarding when you achieve something you've been trying to get for weeks or months. 

If they give you everything on a silver platter you'll play for 1 month get everything, then you'll play for 1 or 2 more months and move onto the next hyped game, because the you got nothing new to do...

Sounds like you want a "private server" version of BDO with ridiculous % changes in exp and drop rates, that makes no sense in my opinion.

Edited by Rip
1 person likes this

Posted

Buy account: Grind for 30 days
Buy second account: Grind for 30 days (ignore first account)

Return to first account as 'returning player' (ignore second account)
Return to second account as 'returning player' (ignore first account)

Repeat and rinse.

3 people like this

Posted

Till 50 and then slow? Wtf?

So hour to 50 is ok but hour to 55 aint?

1 person likes this

Posted

-Sips tea-

018.jpg

I know but game is on maintainence and the DK hype is killing me, HOW DO I RESIST SEMPAI?

4 people like this

Posted

-Sips tea-

018.jpg

Too late now, save me please

1 person likes this

Posted

giphy-downsized-large.gif

10 people like this

Posted

Hi,

Please create a casual server for me, I am a special snowflake. 

1*NDA1B65s4c5giHMy1bzBMQ.png

7 people like this

Posted

I don't want to sound rude, but I think you're playing the wrong game.

BDO involves a lot of grinding and rng. Most people who joined the game knew what they were signing up for...

Personally I enjoy the grind, it feels much more rewarding when you achieve something you've been trying to get for weeks or months. 

If they give you everything on a silver platter you'll play for 1 month get everything, then you'll play for 1 or 2 more months and move onto the next hyped game, because the you got nothing new to do...

Sounds like you want a "private server" version of BDO with ridiculous % changes in exp and drop rates, that makes no sense in my opinion.

No matter how a game is, you will always leave it and go for the next hyped game ^^

Posted

Tfw new players get 200% Olvia servers, below level 56 daily buffs, daily 200% buffs, weekend buffs, dark beer buff and all sorts of other shit thrown at them and they still complain that it's to slow and that they have to play the game an hour each day to level up at some point. I am sorry buddy but you got it exactly the other way around. People like you who can barely make it to 56 are the minority. If it was like you said that the majority of people can't stand to even grind an hour each day, this game would be dead. You want that they make an extra server just for you few people that are so insanely lazy and want everything handed to them in a game where it's all about longtime progression when you will probably stop playing as soon as you get it anyways . You are thinking about this game like some single player.  Seriously man I leveled a character from 56 to 57 in 1 day at the weekend. I can make 4% with one 30 min daily  buff to 58. Count how long it would take to level up, that's nothing and you even got Olvia so you don't have to wait for weekend. Hell I leveled a character to 60 in a month just by grinding 2 hours a day and then going full grind mode on a weekend for the last 20%. So don't give me that shit, they already made the game super friendly for new players and casuals. If you can't even be bothered to grind 30 minutes a day, uninstall. 

9 people like this

Posted

No matter how a game is, you will always leave it and go for the next hyped game ^^

Not after 1 or 2 months of gameplay (for most cases)

Posted (edited)

absurd thread

Edited by Edan

Posted

Hi

i believe 60-80% of gamers have no interest in grinding the way it is and will probably just not do it...like me

Olvia + 200% + 50% + 8% + decent / good killrate ..... still its f-ing insane. The exp is so few i dont see myself doing this even if you would give me +2000% ep perma. I feel it would need like AT LEAST + 40000% extra.

I think the gameplay is fine and the aoe grind fun... but only until level 50 or so

its a blast till then.... but i guess most people will not enjoy lvl 53 / 54 / 55 / 55 / ..... so much

obvious there is no need to shop because im not really making a character. Im just doing what i can with my 56 and maybe play a twink or 2 but its not so ideal for ""serious"" pvp or getting people to support the game

// honestly: i paid enough and how you are running the game i refuse to give u money if its not something i really want

// -> i really really hate spending money in the shop because i feel its not justified; spend 60 euro allready and it was well worth it but

// i will try to keep it at 10 euros every 3 months because i feel thats justified //

Its like saying: i wanne sell stuff and for that to go smoothly im opening some small local store

i would suggest a casual server with max lvl 60 greatly! increased exp rate and a realistic way to get some gear

i aint doing boring stuff for months or even years just to get like 30% stronger.... what for

if no1 does it and uses basic equip its fair and ppl can do proper pvp and still go after boss x or somefin

* this certainly isnt just a case of "doh its an mmorpg thats what you do here" *

my point: i think much more people would use the shop and continue to play if you would just "adept" to them rather than focusing on "the fewer" meaning: level up fast and fun, dont go crazy on the equip so people can make a char in a week or 2. Do that a couple of times and its already been months.

but please always have a classic server for the crybabys who are worse than a bored child

57 lvl its 1-2 days of playing.  after 57 to take 58 you need exp in 3 time more then 1-57........ this game not for you if you need lvl. 

Posted

Lets be honest - the grind to 55 is a piece of cake then suddenly BANG you're taking a lot longer to level up unless you get to pirates/sausages.

The post-55 grind needs looking at. The game is old enough now that the journey to 60 needs to be made easier because level 60 is going to be needed for future content if Kamasylvia is anything to go by.

My solution: Make more Valencia mobs viable. Bashims/Gahaz are ok'ish but that's two out of 10 Valencia mobs?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This game just needs to make PvE fun.

If we had boss fights with mechanics or mobs that were more fun to kill, the grind to level would become something we want to do.

Lets face it: The thought of killing one more sausan or pirate doesn't excite most players.

A good test for how engaging and entertaining a game's PvE content is: how often players discuss mechanics to kill things.

I found myself grinding mobs in silence with my hubby right next to me. :/ 

I don't have a problem with endless leveling or how long it takes to get there, but the current system of grinding the same mobs over and over again is boring.

Edited by Vorkrunne
3 people like this

Posted

For me should be even harder to level up, also group grinding should have a big exp boost so ppl could grind and pvp in group. 

4 people like this

Posted

Tfw new players get 200% Olvia servers, below level 56 daily buffs, daily 200% buffs, weekend buffs, dark beer buff and all sorts of other shit thrown at them and they still complain that it's to slow and that they have to play the game an hour each day to level up at some point. I am sorry buddy but you got it exactly the other way around. People like you who can barely make it to 56 are the minority. If it was like you said that the majority of people can't stand to even grind an hour each day, this game would be dead. You want that they make an extra server just for you few people that are so insanely lazy and want everything handed to them in a game where it's all about longtime progression when you will probably stop playing as soon as you get it anyways . You are thinking about this game like some single player.  Seriously man I leveled a character from 56 to 57 in 1 day at the weekend. I can make 4% with one 30 min daily  buff to 58. Count how long it would take to level up, that's nothing and you even got Olvia so you don't have to wait for weekend. Hell I leveled a character to 60 in a month just by grinding 2 hours a day and then going full grind mode on a weekend for the last 20%. So don't give me that shit, they already made the game super friendly for new players and casuals. If you can't even be bothered to grind 30 minutes a day, uninstall. 

I am lazy casual pleb i don't see how i am ever going to get all my characters to 56. But having a lot silver and OP gear helps to level characters up really fast. However most don't have this any of this so it is not simple do without that stuff. But really complain about this on forums is sad really next they will ask for someone to play the game for them as well lol.

Posted

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Thank you for always making me laugh! 

Posted

I know but game is on maintainence and the DK hype is killing me, HOW DO I RESIST SEMPAI?

You cant. One must get one with the pink!

1 person likes this

Posted

Lets be honest - the grind to 55 is a piece of cake then suddenly BANG you're taking a lot longer to level up unless you get to pirates/sausages.

The post-55 grind needs looking at. The game is old enough now that the journey to 60 needs to be made easier because level 60 is going to be needed for future content if Kamasylvia is anything to go by.

My solution: Make more Valencia mobs viable. Bashims/Gahaz are ok'ish but that's two out of 10 Valencia mobs?

55 to 56 is quick in a group at Bashims. However too many are catching on to the Bashims grind. Other don't venture out to the desert, however that is where I am doing my grind to 59. It so quiet out in there desert =) . Depending on level/gear there is more mobs than Bashims/Gahaz. Pila Ku, Desert Fogans, Sulfur Mines are just a few that I grab my xp.

^^ This all of this ^^

Posted (edited)

Hi

because this game is statsheavy, u have kamasilve that requires even higher stats. Grinding gives a good means to upgrade ur gear, usually ur lvl reflects certain expected gearscore. This isnt wow where all get the same gear every few patches with new tiers, the compensation is that upgrading our one n only gear takes much more time.

Edited by Nacario