• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

absurd grind

105 posts in this topic

Posted

I like grinding for hours every day.

I might just be special.

1 person likes this

Posted

giphy-downsized-large.gif

+1

I like grinding for hours every day.

I might just be special.

Me too. :D :D

It's oddly gratifying. I'm not sure it's intended to be. I think we may just be masochists.

Posted

where are you geting 3.5% exp at 59? Asking for a friend...

Unfortunately my answer will not help your friend. Each place has different rotations and every player takes different %exp per hour as it is more related to your AP and clear speed.

For example a very good place to grind is the jungle rotation at pirates. No matter how much AP you have you can never clear the rotation before respawn. 

Posted

Unfortunately my answer will not help your friend. Each place has different rotations and every player takes different %exp per hour as it is more related to your AP and clear speed.

For example a very good place to grind is the jungle rotation at pirates. No matter how much AP you have you can never clear the rotation before respawn. 

I guess it went over your head. My point was that I doubt he's doing 3.5% per hour at 59. At any spot outside of night MAYBE.

Posted

I prefer work IRL to get 10€ per hour , rather than "work" in BDO for only 3% per hour...  Both are boring.

1 person likes this

Posted

i heard gw2 was a good game for casuals like you :) gl

Posted

i heard gw2 was a good game for casuals like you :) gl

GW2 is elite casual.  I didn't want to craft so i quit.  >.>

Posted

y'all never played maplestory back before they made it dumbed down af? When Fangblade hit 200 pretty sure everyone playing maplestory collectively had an orgasm.

Posted

Dont like it? Dont play. It takes all of a day to get to 56. It has to slow down eventually.

Posted

They should just make group grinding more fun. The grinding speed is designed as a soft threshold. Thus its ok

Posted

I guess it went over your head. My point was that I doubt he's doing 3.5% per hour at 59. At any spot outside of night MAYBE.

Did you actually check to what bonus exp buffs the OP was referring to or you were to lazy to read?... 

Even without the exp buffs the OP was referring to, i can easily get 1,6% at pirates jungle rotation just with 100% weekend buff + 10% costume + 8% milk tea and these are not even close to the buffs we were talking about... 

Posted

Did you actually check to what bonus exp buffs the OP was referring to or you were to lazy to read?... 

Even without the exp buffs the OP was referring to, i can easily get 1,6% at pirates jungle rotation just with 100% weekend buff + 10% costume + 8% milk tea and these are not even close to the buffs we were talking about... 

What buffs are we talking about then? Weekend = Olvia, right? Costume and milk is standard while grinding.... there are villa, blue elixir and scroll/ combat book left. Not counting the 200% daily since it only last 30min. And not counting night time bonus cause we're not just grinding nights.

I guess you can have a gms blessing as well but there isn't an endless supply of those.

Now the what am I missing to push 3.5% ON level 59 to 60. Please do tell cause I don't see it happening.

Posted

Lol you're a joke. If you ever played bdo pre mediah and pre valencia youll be shed those tears about xp untill the end of times.

Stop crying its korean mmo , Aka grind fiesta. If u got probs you should go for wow or Diablo and bot yourself all the way up.

Posted

Even with all exp buffs in the world. It's still VERY LONG and you have to be JOBLESS to level-up Lv.60 cuz before this level, you CAN'T BE COMPETITIVE AT PVP

Posted

Even with all exp buffs in the world. It's still VERY LONG and you have to be JOBLESS to level-up Lv.60 cuz before this level, you CAN'T BE COMPETITIVE AT PVP

lol no.....

Posted

60 is easy, try 61 or 62 :)

Posted

60 is easy, try 61 or 62 :)

Nope, as I also have a job >.>

Posted

< 35h per week is not a FULL-TIME job.

Posted

I hope they raise the soft cap sometime this year.

The grind at higher levels is worse than Everquest 2, and I had to quit EQ2 cuz I just couldn't stand it.

Posted

Absurd grind?  lol no... see let me tell you a thing or two sunny.

***fade away to 2003****

Pentium III, 8 gigs of ram, 1280x764, Geforce pro2 64mb, 250gigs of hard drive space

FFXI releases in North America

it takes some people MONTHS just to unlock their sub-job, in valkrum dunes

10 months after launch, some players still haven't gotten their first 75 job and all their needed sub jobs to 37

When you died in that game, you lost  Exp, AND you could De-level out of the gear you were wearing

you HAD to group up 95% of the time, and if you weren't one of the classes that the group needed, you had to wait... 3-4 hours some times to find a group.

it took some people 10 months just to complete the first expansion chains of promethia.  I remember multiple people spending weeks trapped at level 70 because they couldn't beat their limit break fight against the NPC Maat.  There was no fast travel, or channel swapping, or server changing (until years later).  It took people YEARS to make the best weapons in the game, unless they had guilds (linkshells) that funneled months of work into them to complete said weapons.  They had monsters that TO THIS DAY, nobody knows exactly how you were "supposed" to kill them.  

IT was an adventure.  It wasn't handed out, it instilled this "video game work ethic" in the original MMO players that alot of them took with them through their hobby for the next 2 decades.  BDO is a grindy game, but it's not so punishing that it deserved a thread -----ing about how grindy it is.  

Posted

// -> i really really hate spending money in the shop because i feel its not justified

I know, copious amounts of maids shouldn't cost pearls what the ____ is this?

Posted

Nope, as I also have a job >.>

I also have a full time job :P, and commit to other life activities.

Posted

Read instructions before play thanks.

whenuseeit.jpg

Posted

Well the game is not designed to play it for a week or two and have BiS with max level... If you want something like that then WoW is your game... 

Taking a 6% at 57 , 5% at 58, 3,5% at 59 per hour (with multiple exp buffs on) is not bad. It means that you have to invest a bit of time to level up. 

Besides after a point you don't grind for the exp... you grind to make gold for your gear upgrades. Leveling just come's along ... 

3.5% for 59 ? More like be happy you got 2% :D. 

< 35h per week is not a FULL-TIME job.

In my country it is ! (well technically 36h but If I count break I work less than that :D)

Posted

Dont like it? Dont play. It takes all of a day to get to 56. It has to slow down eventually.

1-56 is easily done in 8-10h and 56-57 in another 12-15h, then after 57 it slows down and it takes like 2 days on a weekend to get 58, i rly don't think the game is as grindy as ppl make it out to be

On launch it took me until 2 days before mediah came out to get to 55 perma farming serendia shrine so compared to that the grind nowadays is a joke