• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

absurd grind

105 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I think the problem IS that the leveling to 50 is so fast now. If it was like before new players wouldnt be surprised that it goes slowly after level X. I really dont like the Olvia Channels or that fast leveling. You have so many 50-55 players that dont know the most standard things, cause they dont had the time to learn it. Ofc they just could do lifeskill things and so on, i am just talking about the game itsself and the leveling. Nobody stays at dark green mobs, even if the quests there would help you out in the long run. Ah well.. not my game to "edit" i guess. 

Edited by KinyaCoE
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This thread needs to be locked due to the fact a self entitled twit whining isn't subject to any discussion.   

Edited by Maitim
Cleaner

Posted

I think when awakening 2.0 comes out it will be nice. Will be able to log in and feel like I'm getting something meaningful even if it's just a dozen skill points to spend on the skill tree.

Posted

who are you yo? saying that the publisher shouldn't aim at the "few", how much are you ever going to spend?????

I am sitting at lv 59 65% after 45days of playing this game, and I have spent thousands because I know what this game offers and I like it. This is what people who likes this game are willing to spend and a lot of ppl will be/have been doing this. 

So take your 60 euro and go somewhere else, this game is not for you.

Posted (edited)

How about f*** off and play something else, tards like you already got the game exp loss removed and etc.

OMG! Keyboard warrior! Is that you in your avatar? Yes? Feminine keyboard warrior then.

I bet your not this -----y in real life with your 60 kilograms of girly muscles lol

Edited by bananasoup
1 person likes this

Posted

OMG! Keyboard warrior! Is that you in your avatar? Yes? Feminine keyboard warrior then.

I bet your not this -----y in real life with your 60 kilograms of girly muscles lol

Yes that picture is me, i'm beautiful aint i? Who needs muscles when you can just take it in the pooper.

Posted

Yes that picture is me, i'm beautiful aint i? 

An ugly girl you are lol

Posted

An ugly girl you are lol

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder & i guess my father really found me attractive since we used to play hide and seek in my mine shaft.

Posted

I think the problem IS that the leveling to 50 is so fast now. If it was like before new players wouldnt be surprised that it goes slowly after level X. I really dont like the Olvia Channels or that fast leveling. You have so many 50-55 players that dont know the most standard things, cause they dont had the time to learn it. Ofc they just could do lifeskill things and so on, i am just talking about the game itsself and the leveling. Nobody stays at dark green mobs, even if the quests there would help you out in the long run. Ah well.. not my game to "edit" i guess. 

Exactly how I feel I don't like when devs do such stuff on MMORPGs degrading all low lvl content by boosting low-lvl exp & everyone end up pass from area to area in a matter of minutes without have some time to take it slow, watch around the scenery, experience how is to fight low lvl mobs with what skills you have at that time, also if you go from Lv1 to 50 in 2-3 hours then you have no time to learn the game or even your class, & low level content for a new player is a nice experience that we that start playing this game at launch had the chance to experience & all new players can't anymore, I'm glad that I join the game before they ruin all low level content.

Posted

Complains about bdo being a grind. Welcome to MMORPGs pal. BDO is as close to the classic MMOs alot of players grew up playing. There are so many other MMOs out there that allow you to beat the game and get to god mode in less then a week. Go play those or did you beat them all already and moved onto BDO?

Posted

Complains about bdo being a grind. Welcome to MMORPGs pal. BDO is as close to the classic MMOs alot of players grew up playing. There are so many other MMOs out there that allow you to beat the game and get to god mode in less then a week. Go play those or did you beat them all already and moved onto BDO?

False !  Even in WoW , you must grind like a zombie.

Posted

False !  Even in WoW , you must grind like a zombie.

I avoided WoW and chose Lineage II instead. Back in my day there were only 4 MMOs people played/spoke about. WoW, Ultima Online, Everquest 2 and Lineage II. 

Posted

I like how you can instantly tell a Troll post from Total n00bs in this game simply by picking out that they're complaining about LEVELS & XP/karma as if those are primary Progression path in the game  (spoiler:  they aren't)

Posted

I don't know how anyone can even begin to describe Black Desert as a "competitive" game which requires thousands of hours of grinding to even acquire half the gear of the top 20% of the playerbase. My trans GF, who is quite the avid gamer, I might add, got extremely frustrated and quit after continually getting GRIEFED by top guilds at Sausans when she was just trying to get her awakening witch balls. If people think this is an acceptable situation for new players to find themselves in you're literally killing the game with your toxic attitude and need to shape up before the game falls apart for good, just having 5 guilds sitting in their castles and nodewars being completely dead.

Posted

I avoided WoW and chose Lineage II instead. Back in my day there were only 4 MMOs people played/spoke about. WoW, Ultima Online, Everquest 2 and Lineage II. 

Lineage 2 , the original 3D grinder, some best gaming memory there on Gustin playing my Plainswalker, stabby stabby then run the f away cause you turned red.
KRUMA tower killing bots , looting 6k iron ore , $$$$$.

Posted

Lineage 2 , the original 3D grinder, some best gaming memory there on Gustin playing my Plainswalker, stabby stabby then run the f away cause you turned red.KRUMA tower killing bots , looting 6k iron ore , $$$$$.

Hindemith here! (real old school server there). Used my Treasure Hunter's (Might Mortal was such a op effect) fake death to train mobs on bots and steal their dropped gear. Phat Adena making there. Main though was my Gladiator one shoting nukers with Triple Sonic Slash on a daily basis.

Posted

What buffs are we talking about then? Weekend = Olvia, right? Costume and milk is standard while grinding.... there are villa, blue elixir and scroll/ combat book left. Not counting the 200% daily since it only last 30min. And not counting night time bonus cause we're not just grinding nights.

I guess you can have a gms blessing as well but there isn't an endless supply of those.

Now the what am I missing to push 3.5% ON level 59 to 60. Please do tell cause I don't see it happening.

We are talking about a new player is Olivia or a returning player in Olivia. Of-course you are calculating the 50% from night and 200% for 30 mins (or 100% for 1 hour) daily reward as he is a casual player so he will grind 1-2 hours tops per day. 

On top of that as a new player he will have many GM blessings 10%, 20% bonus exp from the Event Black Eggs, 5% scrolls exp ( you can take them with item exchange ), 10% from costume , 20% from helmet gems, 50% combat book/combat scroll, 15% elixirs, 8% food, 10% Villa and finally maybe some extra from pets. 

When you are a casual you will actually use every possible exp buff to make your time as efficient as possible. I have returned back to the game after a long break and i received more than 40 GM Blessings 1/2. You can basically reach lvl 59 with just 1-2 hours per day, just using your time grinding efficient. 

Posted

ITT robots that actually enjoy doing the same repetitive bullshit for days and days on end for a few extra pixels. Promoting a sense of progression is good, promoting mindless shit activities is not.

Posted

We are talking about a new player is Olivia or a returning player in Olivia. Of-course you are calculating the 50% from night and 200% for 30 mins (or 100% for 1 hour) daily reward as he is a casual player so he will grind 1-2 hours tops per day. 

On top of that as a new player he will have many GM blessings 10%, 20% bonus exp from the Event Black Eggs, 5% scrolls exp ( you can take them with item exchange ), 10% from costume , 20% from helmet gems, 50% combat book/combat scroll, 15% elixirs, 8% food, 10% Villa and finally maybe some extra from pets. 

When you are a casual you will actually use every possible exp buff to make your time as efficient as possible. I have returned back to the game after a long break and i received more than 40 GM Blessings 1/2. You can basically reach lvl 59 with just 1-2 hours per day, just using your time grinding efficient. 

you keep rambling on and on yet nowhere do you list a spot where you can grind 3.5% Per hour consistent on level 59. Olvia servers do not work after 58.99...

Posted

Hell I leveled a character to 60 in a month just by grinding 2 hours a day and then going full grind mode on a weekend for the last 20%. So don't give me that shit, they already made the game super friendly for new players and casuals. If you can't even be bothered to grind 30 minutes a day, uninstall. 

Lie.  You can't make lvl 60 in one month with grinding only 2 hours per day.  

Posted

you can do 35% from a friday night to sunday node wars time tho from 59 to 60 tho I've done it, just need enough beer/take out/coffee and the GF/wife out of town.

Hi

why are you not running a casual server

i believe 60-80% of gamers have no interest in grinding the way it is and will probably just not do it...like me

you're literaly the first one to make a topic like this .
so my number would be less than 1 % think like you actualy.

1 person likes this

Posted

Taking a 6% at 57 , 5% at 58, 3,5% at 59 per hour (with multiple exp buffs on) is not bad.

Well if you have no life and look for a way to waste even more time of your useless life then yeah.

I rather write some poetic hymns.

1 person likes this

Posted

Omg you whiners coming into the game expecting no gring from a Korean MMO need shut up! The grind is real after 55, streamers and info on the web state it all the time. Yet you chose to play the game, but its to hard to grind a little everyday.....shut up!

Posted (edited)

come on guys..really? whining about grinding for xp? when gear isnt even locked behind something except for awakening? everyone who firmly believes xp grind is the issue got the whole thing wrong...its about stuff...drops...money..items...who cares if you are 60 if you got nothing at all and by lvling and advancing too fast making pve(and in return pvp and overall progression) very uncomfortable because ppl dont have the shit in the first place to actually kill at a decent rate... if someone demands something it should be about the droprate of valueable stuff ingame or whatever generates your income. xp is the least of your worries..its a nubtrap..get it already guys. one might worry about inflation at that point..but that one is entirely on the community itself for continuously putting higher prices for shit then the previous guy instead of keeping it at a decent rate.

korean mmorpgs always distract with lvls and xp while its really about money and stuff you own ...if you dont like that kind of blatant "repetitive" activities...guess its time to move on..not that other western mmorpgs dont do it...it is just better obscured so less people actually catch on to it thats it

Edited by Kharison

Posted

I make 1% per hour which would lead me to 60% in one month of grinding two hours a day. However, some days are weekend and I get a daily 200% buff which easily add another 20% over these 2 hours per day. And if you read my comment completely you would have seen that I said I did the last 20% on one weekend where I grinded all day.