• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Increase exp for Group play = improve the game

41 posts in this topic

Posted

In my opinion, and i m sure i m not alone on this, group grind should provide a big exp boost, significant enough to make ppl want to group up.

Doing group grind has many advantages:

• less boring
  • more social, we meet new ppl, important in a mmoprg. Some ppl i know in this game come from Sausan grind at 56 / 57 ages ago
  • creates group PVP opportunities, helping improving player pvp skills and its fun
  • ppl would explore more often places like Akmaan, Hystria and the incoming ones

Guys push this topic if you agree with me, would make BDO so much better, specially considering the incoming changes to griefers (after 2 deaths we dont get more karma)

Alexmac

Oldskool

34 people like this

Posted

Same for me , farming alone is boring as hell , and .... we want group pvp !! 

Posted

Adding on to this,

I am guessing the reasons against this is simply, more people attacking = faster mob kill time = more xp.

Problem is, eventually people can reach those clear times alone, so it's worse for them to group up. This causes imo problems like solo play which initiate spots being forcefully taken, which then also creates karma bombers. The game for such a player just turns boring unless they enjoy long grinds.

So yeah, it will be helpful, but if grouping up gives more xp bonus, people will level much faster because of having people with max clear times in their group and I think Kakao prefers grindfests and people playing longer. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I pretty much stay away from group grinding because of this you have too shared everything >.> 

Edited by Dalenos

Posted

Yes, yes and yes!

Posted

Second that!

Posted

Holy shit yes please. I can't stand solo grinding after like 15 mins solo I almost throw up..

I guess thats why I only have 1299 skillpoints @ lvl 60...

Posted

Absolutely agree. BDO  so far, has been the one and only MMO that seeking a party is a disadvantage, since literally everything (at least PvE wise, and as we know this is such a large part of the game, like it or not) is better done solo.

They would also better make meaningful changes for all levels and all players, not some absurd crap like that new Kama area. The game, any game, is not only for players with 220-240+ AP and whatnot, if they think it is, it won't be going too far, and it is a shame because they seem to be active in developing new stuff.

Upping up the party exp, significantly and at all levels, would be a major step to the right direction. This would probably be a good reason for more people to party up and move on to "harder" areas and away from the usual spots (though, these are usually farmed for silver / drops, but that could be another adjustment for future consideration).

Just do it already.

Posted

+1

I don't think it should be better or more effective than solo'ing, but needs to be at least equal. It's needs to be a viable option. 

Right now you make much less loot&money, skill points and for most spots, even the EXP is worse in groups. Simply because you're able to clear a main rotation solo, before it spawns back again and that's 100% EXP.  In groups you only get 50%.

When it comes to co-op areas like Hystria, Aakman and later Kamasylvia, you still have these problems. The EXP isn't anything special and much less money&loot compared to solo'ing easier spots.

I always enjoyed PvE parties massively in other online games, but here I loose way to much money by being social and "sharing". Really wish they do something about it.

This game needs to support both solo'ing and grouping as playstyles in PvE, especially since it's a MMORPG and not a single player console game. They need to buff loot and EXP for groups.

Posted

Soooo much less boring when you're grinding with others. I've always preferred group play in games .

But I also don't mind sharing.

Posted

+1 as well, all was said. There actualy no reasons to play in party when we xp less, drop less and loose time.

I'll also add that new players don't understand why stuffed players don't want to party because they think we are selfish players but they just don't understand the problem.

So thx for this topic and +1

Posted

Another solution would be to reduce the respawn time of monsters when it's killed by someone that is in a party.... (rules would apply on this so people wouldn't abuse it)

The main issue with party grinding is that the respawns are terrible. Why would i party grind when i can solo clear a big rotation at pirates?... 

Posted (edited)

.... we want group pvp !! 

then maybe you should, instead, want "mini game" in the open world game build for, and around pvp ( so with some sort of progression and reward )

Instead of "beeing happy" with the tiny exp carrot. ( since so far, you are still far better alone because loot, so money, so resources for upgrade and so )

The little better xp just still worth jack sh#t as "interest" for party play. It still promote the same braindead grindfest, but with some ppl name displayed in a so called "party window"

You still not face any party challenge, nor any form of teamplay, nor any form or group synergy ( except beeing nice braindead grinder with ppl closer to your character )

• creates group PVP opportunities, helping improving player pvp skills and its fun

And gvg ? or siege, or node wars or RBF ? you needed "pve grindspot fake pvp" to do """"pvp"""" ? interesting.

help improve pvp skill ? wait ? because suddently the BDO pvp isnt anymore going to be ruled by the RNG gear2win ? 9_9

Edited by woots

Posted

100% Agree

Posted

Dont we already have way more exp bonus from grouping than KR?

Also agreed regardless, the issue is just that most places dont support group play, taking aside kamasylve part 1 and Aakmans + Hystria, all of which do need groupplay but at the same time everyone needs to have high gear and yet give shit drops.

Pirates main spot kind of supports group play but isnt very engaging at all.

What is needed are group spots for lower requirements where one random high geared guy cant just kill everything just cause he has really high gear. What would help is as theyve done it in kamasylve part 1, mobs that CC, preferably with high Accuracy. Or if they finaly removed trash drops being drop-able from gray mobs

Posted

great suggestion , Kakao should change that

Posted

Holy shit yes please. I can't stand solo grinding after like 15 mins solo I almost throw up..

I guess thats why I only have 1299 skillpoints @ lvl 60...

Sadly, I'm the only one who cares enough to say that no one cares

Posted

Don't even understand why this is not in place, group radius is way too small to make up for the penalty exp, the only way to make group viable and still keep room for other people (so not 1 group occupy the entire farm area) is:

• increase exp / person in group
  • mob health / drop rate increase based on number of group member (drop rate raise is already increased i think, hidden buff - since i notice way more drop when i grind with my friends) - so people won't finish their rotation too fast but still got enough exp to compensate for the slower finish rate

This is 2017 already and fixed mob HP is too old lolz ... make it scale with amount of people ... will fix the lack of "good" grind area problem

Posted

BDO goes out of its way to punish grouping up, and then forces level 52-62 players to grind the same location. Both of these things should change

Posted

No. There is already a minor group grind buff and it is enough. Already enough incentive without making it required. By buffing party exp you'd turn even small grind spots into party grindspots. No.

1 person likes this

Posted

You do gain more if you group but only if everyone kills as fast and then the issue of full respawns come into consideration. It's hard to find spots that will allow a party of 5 to wipe groups of mobs and keep doing non stop. Pirate main is one of the spots where this is doable. But after 200ish ap the money side is the biggest issue. Since you are not really getting the same value as if you grind alone. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't want someone stealing my loot.  ¬¬

Posted

over 9000 % !

Posted

the ----- your already getting an extra 150% in a 5 man group

Posted

Don't want someone stealing my loot.  ¬¬

then you have to choose:

solo Action= less exp more loot

Party Action= deffently more exp  but less loot.

I mean in KR they changed it to 200% more exp for a full Party.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0