• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Increase exp for Group play = improve the game

41 posts in this topic

Posted

Remember the good ol' days of partying in pig beach with the homies, lets bring that to Black Desert people!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I haven't read all the replies yet, but my thoughts on this are: the thing is not about exp, it's about speed and efficiency.

It doesn't matter how much exp you get from mobs either solo or in group, people will choose the method that kills mobs faster which ultimately gives them more exp from grinding.

Under this circumstance, low gear players would definitely benefit more from partying because more people have more mob aggros and more damage input and at some point it will catch up to the speed of grinding that a well geared player has. But for those geared players who are already efficient enough to solo, partying won't make it better - they will have to increase the range of their rotation which is probably limited by the PVE environment like mob density and player density. Every single PKing is a lose of exp/hour. 

So by simply tweaking group exp gain won't solve the problem - they group up and kill way too fast, then they either have to enlarge the rotation or worse to wait for respawn.

My suggestion (rough, haven't got the chance to think it through) would be:

For certain area with really dense mob groups, give the node manager a daily/weekly quest like turn in X amount of items, for a group exp buff for a period of time which makes partying definitely worth doing.

Absolutely not in any areas other than Valencia and Kamasylvia. At this point people definitely have enough gear to grind efficiently in under 59 areas.

+1

I don't think it should be better or more effective than solo'ing, but needs to be at least equal. It's needs to be a viable option. 

Right now you make much less loot&money, skill points and for most spots, even the EXP is worse in groups. Simply because you're able to clear a main rotation solo, before it spawns back again and that's 100% EXP.  In groups you only get 50%.

Actually right now you can reach a point where partying is as efficient as soloing, the variation is players gear, the lower gs you have the more you will be benefiting from the group grinding, its (party) returns deminish as your gear progresses.

So a fixed exp tweak will probably break the game at some point which can be a mess to fix that in the future.

I am guessing the reasons against this is simply, more people attacking = faster mob kill time = more xp.

Problem is, eventually people can reach those clear times alone, so it's worse for them to group up. This causes imo problems like solo play which initiate spots being forcefully taken, which then also creates karma bombers. The game for such a player just turns boring unless they enjoy long grinds.

So yeah, it will be helpful, but if grouping up gives more xp bonus, people will level much faster because of having people with max clear times in their group and I think Kakao prefers grindfests and people playing longer. 

I agree with your first statement, but giving more xp bonuses for grouping won't help the game. Leveling speed is totally up to players grinding speed as there's no other methods of obtaining level experience, and killing mobs in BDO is absolutely mindless and there's zero challenges ( so far as I've experienced, I noticed that the mobs in Kama is harder but it's still not AI wise), so if there's a permanent optimal way of leveling, people will only choose to do that and make soloing totally useless, I personally am not against it but I guess it's not what devs would want to see.

Edited by Uee_6655

Posted

then you have to choose:

solo Action= less exp more loot

Party Action= deffently more exp  but less loot.

I mean in KR they changed it to 200% more exp for a full Party.

I've been soloing.  I think i prefer it more than grouping up, to be honest with you.

Posted

So Pearl Abyss....just do it! we want it

Posted (edited)

nobody cares about exp, 5man aakman is already 2-3 times more exp than solo pirates jungle spot

what we need is more skill points and more money in groups

Edited by Brokenclass999

Posted

This must happen! As it is now I'm playing the solo player mode and it is getting pretty damn boring. All good spots are easily grindable alone and reward you for doing just that. 

Posted

You already get more xp with group play, take pirate main rotation as an example, not only you get far more xp but sometime even more money since loots are all shared by special deal and you are killing mobs at least 3 times faster.

We usually went there and take the spot with 3-4 people and we can wipe the entire front and half back with mobs barely just spawn.

Posted

i agree with op group play should be more rewarding

money and xp wise to make the game more fun

Posted

Not permanently but I could see group XP events working really well.

Posted

Group exp does indeed need a buff. Why bother grouping up for anything sans Aakman/Hysteria/Kamasylvia, if they all give similar exp but a lot more skill points? Grouping kills your skill points. Most of the time I don't even want to group with other people because it's way too inefficient and barely helps.

Posted

Not permanently but I could see group XP events working really well.

Also a good idea but why not permanent?

Posted

This is a great idea. The standard response when going to good grind spots right now is "spot taken", if anything is said at all before you get attacked. Let's make the standard response a group invite instead.

Posted

Korea already announced more group play stuff, new game mode called black rapture dimension where its basically you defend and island from monster waves and use limited resources to build defence towers /walls. 

Posted

Sadly, I'm the only one who cares enough to say that no one cares

Keepo

Posted

push this shit, get it done Pearl Abyss

source.gif

Posted

agree :D

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0