• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Hi! Just want to ask a few questions!

16 posts in this topic

Posted

Just prior to the maintenance earlier I think I hit 60 hours play time over the past week and I gotta say im absolutely loving the game. 

In my opinion, it is not like any game ive ever played. I played Archeage for a long time, heard a lot of people compare it and while it may have some aspects that are similar, BDO is far superior. Here's my list of pros and cons!

Pros:

1. Vast world with TONS to do! Over 60 hours i've only managed to uncover maybe 10% of the map. 
  2. Awesome combat that is fluid and is kinda reminiscent of Dynasty Warriors/Kingdoms of Amalur/DMC to me. 
  3. Lovely and inspiring art style. It makes me want to just get on my horse and travel to see what other places look like. 
  4. It's not just a grind to end-game with low-mid level content being obsolete. Over 60 hours I've only reached level 41 because I got so consumed by node connection, hiring workers, developing a sense of direction for what I want to accomplish ETC. (and reading A LOT of guides xD)

Cons:

1. I feel like the quest cinematics and dialogue is very lackluster.. idk if it's just me but Ive already begun skipping scenes just because they are not interesting to watch.
  2. I have I guess what most people call a Low-End PC. I have an i5, pretty old computer with 8gb of ram and AMD Chipset Family 7500 series. I have to play on low texture and optimization mode graphics just to get 25-28 fps. This saddens me because I know im missing out on a lot.. some places I get to I turn my graphics up just to look around but I cant move because I get 5-8 fps. 
  3. Overwhelming for a new player. There are so many things to do I hardly can ever decide on one thing. This leads me to doing many things for short periods of time and I know that's not getting me anywhere. 
  4. conversation minigame -.- I read about this for hours and still cant figure out how to do it right. I think it was overthought to the point of making it almost rocket science for someone who doesnt understand the concept. (me) 

Overall the pros far outweigh the cons for me, and that's a good thing. Now, before I ultimately get to my questions, I will give a summary of where my family is in terms of wealth and manpower. 

I currently have 3 characters, a 41 Musah, a 15 Tamer and a 15 Wizard. My intention was to use the tamer for farming/alchemy, the wizard exclusively for Trading, and my main character is fishing/cooking/processing. The 2 alts I haven't done anything on yet.

My Musah is almost an apprentice cook and processor, and im apprentice 2 fishing. I have in total around 25-35 million in silver/gold ingots/items. I have all of Veila bought out and upgraded, with a refinery, a shipyard, and a tool workshop. I have a residence with a few items for aesthetics and my cooking station. 

I have in total 8 workers: 2 on potatoes, 1 on each of coal, copper and iron. 1 on Arrow Mushrooms (just a random node near Veilia) 1 on standby as a worker in my workshop, and I cant quite remember where the 8th one is atm lol. I largely made my decision based on a guide about crafting fishing poles, but after a fellow player told me about epheria rods, I scrapped that idea and bought 2 of those. The potatoes are for cooking beer, and I am just processing the copper/iron while saving the mushrooms for whatever I may need it for in the future. I have some storage in Heidal and thats about it, however I have haidel and Veilia connected because since there isn't enough lodging in Veilia, I have 2-3 workers in Heidel. 

I'm at 64 energy and 60 contribution points (I only have 1 contribution point to spend currently) I only have the gear i've gotten from questing and haven't even attempted to buy or upgrade any gear. 

So NOW, my question is simply am I doing ok for a new player? There's so much to do I kinda doubt myself due to lack of knowledge... kinda like "bro you never played this there's no way you're doing it right" but It's not a game with a right and wrong way to do things xD 

My goal is to have each member of my family be proficient in a certain task or 2. I want my main to be a fisherman, my old man wizard to trade stuff with a trade wagon, my cute little japanese tamer to farm and make potions. (Other alts for the other skills when I have the brainpower to make them.) I would also like to have steady income and get all there is to get from node connection and employing workers because thats a very cool feature to me. The majority of my income comes from selling those ancient relic shard(?) things that I get from fishing and the black spirit adventure/achievement/quest rewards.. OH I also sell all my black crystal(armor) and (weapon) on the marketplace... probably a bad idea. 

With those things in mind, what would be some your advice for a player new to BDO? :) I know there are tons of these topics/sites/guides/videos out there but I would like a more personalized response to my situation. 

ANYWAY! Thanks for reading my wall of text sorry for the headache :P 

Posted

Im only going to address a few of the things you said, as im not 100% whether you want to Min/Max your playing time or simply enjoy it at a leisurely pace.

You mentioned all the stuff that you have your workers on. Im gonna be honest and tell you that you don't want or need the Ores atm or the mushrooms. You should spend all available workers on gathering grains (potato, wheat, barley, corn, etc) and cooking beer. As you cook the beer, you get a byproduct called "dish with poorly prepared ingredients" which gives you contribution exp when you turn it it. Doing black spirit questline and then mediah/Valencia questline until you get into the lvl 56/57+ range should be your main focus as it gives you inventory slots and CP, and when you don't feel like grinding mobs or doing questlines, go back to cooking beer. Once you get a little bit farther in the game, as you continue doing these things, youll hopefully end up around 200 contribution points or more, which is when you can worry about sending workers to get Ores, Lumber, or mushrooms/herbs for junk crates to get trade exp. You can also cook essence of liquor to get CP byproduct, but youre gonna need a lot of beer for your worker empire anyways so its best to just cook beer for now.

There is something to be said for having your alts do certain lifeskills. I PERSONALLY have my main character artisan/master at cooking, fishing, processing while one of my alts specializes in trading and all my alts are slightly behind my main on gathering. Some people have an alt do their cooking, and/or another alt do their fishing.

As far as upgrading gear goes, theres 2 schools of thought on this:

A) Sell ALL your loot and goodies (blackstones, memory frags/relics) in order to buy the gear you want directly from the marketplace.

Pros: You don't have to worry about the heartbreak and significant frustration that is trying to enhance your own gear in BDO. Its much cheaper than enhancing yourself. MUCH. There will always be someone that tells you that they have spent less money upgrading gear than what the gear is worth. 98% of the time this is a lie.

Cons: You are at the will of the market. At endgame, when you want a TRI Crescent Ring, I can count on zero fingers the amount of times ive won it from the marketplace through either bidding or pre-order. Good luck.

or B) Upgrade stuff yourself.

Pros: Once thoroughly learned, the Failstack rng upgrade system isn't so bad until you are trying to Tet gear or Tri accessories. You do NOT have to rely on supply in the market other than hard and sharp black crystals, if you want something you can (theoretically) go to war with the RNG-gods and depending on how much silver you beat them over the head with, walk away with your prize.

Cons: You will hate the first half of your BDO life, then hate the second half of your BDO life. Its an incredibly frustrating system that has driven away more than a few players. It costs a lot of silver. You will see people spend billions of silver trying to get a TRI ogre ring, and never end up with it.

Overall, you need to play the game how you want to play it. If you stress out over 100% efficient use of time, youre gonna burn out and dislike this game if you don't quit.

However, if you do want to Min/max, these are the things you need to keep in mind.

Good luck, feel free to ask more questions!

1 person likes this

Posted

Just prior to the maintenance earlier I think I hit 60 hours play time over the past week and I gotta say im absolutely loving the game. 

In my opinion, it is not like any game ive ever played. I played Archeage for a long time, heard a lot of people compare it and while it may have some aspects that are similar, BDO is far superior. Here's my list of pros and cons!

Pros:

1. Vast world with TONS to do! Over 60 hours i've only managed to uncover maybe 10% of the map. 
  2. Awesome combat that is fluid and is kinda reminiscent of Dynasty Warriors/Kingdoms of Amalur/DMC to me. 
  3. Lovely and inspiring art style. It makes me want to just get on my horse and travel to see what other places look like. 
  4. It's not just a grind to end-game with low-mid level content being obsolete. Over 60 hours I've only reached level 41 because I got so consumed by node connection, hiring workers, developing a sense of direction for what I want to accomplish ETC. (and reading A LOT of guides xD)

Cons:

1. I feel like the quest cinematics and dialogue is very lackluster.. idk if it's just me but Ive already begun skipping scenes just because they are not interesting to watch.
  2. I have I guess what most people call a Low-End PC. I have an i5, pretty old computer with 8gb of ram and AMD Chipset Family 7500 series. I have to play on low texture and optimization mode graphics just to get 25-28 fps. This saddens me because I know im missing out on a lot.. some places I get to I turn my graphics up just to look around but I cant move because I get 5-8 fps. 
  3. Overwhelming for a new player. There are so many things to do I hardly can ever decide on one thing. This leads me to doing many things for short periods of time and I know that's not getting me anywhere. 
  4. conversation minigame -.- I read about this for hours and still cant figure out how to do it right. I think it was overthought to the point of making it almost rocket science for someone who doesnt understand the concept. (me) 

Overall the pros far outweigh the cons for me, and that's a good thing. Now, before I ultimately get to my questions, I will give a summary of where my family is in terms of wealth and manpower. 

I currently have 3 characters, a 41 Musah, a 15 Tamer and a 15 Wizard. My intention was to use the tamer for farming/alchemy, the wizard exclusively for Trading, and my main character is fishing/cooking/processing. The 2 alts I haven't done anything on yet.

My Musah is almost an apprentice cook and processor, and im apprentice 2 fishing. I have in total around 25-35 million in silver/gold ingots/items. I have all of Veila bought out and upgraded, with a refinery, a shipyard, and a tool workshop. I have a residence with a few items for aesthetics and my cooking station. 

I have in total 8 workers: 2 on potatoes, 1 on each of coal, copper and iron. 1 on Arrow Mushrooms (just a random node near Veilia) 1 on standby as a worker in my workshop, and I cant quite remember where the 8th one is atm lol. I largely made my decision based on a guide about crafting fishing poles, but after a fellow player told me about epheria rods, I scrapped that idea and bought 2 of those. The potatoes are for cooking beer, and I am just processing the copper/iron while saving the mushrooms for whatever I may need it for in the future. I have some storage in Heidal and thats about it, however I have haidel and Veilia connected because since there isn't enough lodging in Veilia, I have 2-3 workers in Heidel. 

I'm at 64 energy and 60 contribution points (I only have 1 contribution point to spend currently) I only have the gear i've gotten from questing and haven't even attempted to buy or upgrade any gear. 

So NOW, my question is simply am I doing ok for a new player? There's so much to do I kinda doubt myself due to lack of knowledge... kinda like "bro you never played this there's no way you're doing it right" but It's not a game with a right and wrong way to do things xD 

My goal is to have each member of my family be proficient in a certain task or 2. I want my main to be a fisherman, my old man wizard to trade stuff with a trade wagon, my cute little japanese tamer to farm and make potions. (Other alts for the other skills when I have the brainpower to make them.) I would also like to have steady income and get all there is to get from node connection and employing workers because thats a very cool feature to me. The majority of my income comes from selling those ancient relic shard(?) things that I get from fishing and the black spirit adventure/achievement/quest rewards.. OH I also sell all my black crystal(armor) and (weapon) on the marketplace... probably a bad idea. 

With those things in mind, what would be some your advice for a player new to BDO? :) I know there are tons of these topics/sites/guides/videos out there but I would like a more personalized response to my situation. 

ANYWAY! Thanks for reading my wall of text sorry for the headache :P 

1) Why do you want to split the life skills between characters? Typically people have main characters, so you are fine with constantly switching characters? The higher skill you are, the better rewards for that specific skill.

I know there are people who lvl up the life skill for all their alts … I just can’t see myself doing that. I want one of my characters to be the best in gathering, processing, cooking, etc.

2) This game provides no hand holding. It boils down to you reading, interacting and watching YouTube videos to learn about the game. I have been playing for almost a month and I still have a lot of questions.

3) Selling ancient shards its great. But also you can use it, create the scrolls, and go in a group and summon them. The rewards tends to be pretty good, especially if you used your own shards as your profit will be higher. It can get boring and you get no XP from it….but money.

4) Join a guild if you haven’t. Find one that fits you and you’ll have a much better time.

5) Nothing can be done about your graphics; this game is very CPU-intensive. Just gotta deal with it unless you have the dough for a kickass CPU.

Posted

Im only going to address a few of the things you said, as im not 100% whether you want to Min/Max your playing time or simply enjoy it at a leisurely pace.

You mentioned all the stuff that you have your workers on. Im gonna be honest and tell you that you don't want or need the Ores atm or the mushrooms. You should spend all available workers on gathering grains (potato, wheat, barley, corn, etc) and cooking beer. As you cook the beer, you get a byproduct called "dish with poorly prepared ingredients" which gives you contribution exp when you turn it it. Doing black spirit questline and then mediah/Valencia questline until you get into the lvl 56/57+ range should be your main focus as it gives you inventory slots and CP, and when you don't feel like grinding mobs or doing questlines, go back to cooking beer. Once you get a little bit farther in the game, as you continue doing these things, youll hopefully end up around 200 contribution points or more, which is when you can worry about sending workers to get Ores, Lumber, or mushrooms/herbs for junk crates to get trade exp. You can also cook essence of liquor to get CP byproduct, but youre gonna need a lot of beer for your worker empire anyways so its best to just cook beer for now.

There is something to be said for having your alts do certain lifeskills. I PERSONALLY have my main character artisan/master at cooking, fishing, processing while one of my alts specializes in trading and all my alts are slightly behind my main on gathering. Some people have an alt do their cooking, and/or another alt do their fishing.

As far as upgrading gear goes, theres 2 schools of thought on this:

A) Sell ALL your loot and goodies (blackstones, memory frags/relics) in order to buy the gear you want directly from the marketplace.

Pros: You don't have to worry about the heartbreak and significant frustration that is trying to enhance your own gear in BDO. Its much cheaper than enhancing yourself. MUCH. There will always be someone that tells you that they have spent less money upgrading gear than what the gear is worth. 98% of the time this is a lie.

Cons: You are at the will of the market. At endgame, when you want a TRI Crescent Ring, I can count on zero fingers the amount of times ive won it from the marketplace through either bidding or pre-order. Good luck.

or B) Upgrade stuff yourself.

Pros: Once thoroughly learned, the Failstack rng upgrade system isn't so bad until you are trying to Tet gear or Tri accessories. You do NOT have to rely on supply in the market other than hard and sharp black crystals, if you want something you can (theoretically) go to war with the RNG-gods and depending on how much silver you beat them over the head with, walk away with your prize.

Cons: You will hate the first half of your BDO life, then hate the second half of your BDO life. Its an incredibly frustrating system that has driven away more than a few players. It costs a lot of silver. You will see people spend billions of silver trying to get a TRI ogre ring, and never end up with it.

Overall, you need to play the game how you want to play it. If you stress out over 100% efficient use of time, youre gonna burn out and dislike this game if you don't quit.

However, if you do want to Min/max, these are the things you need to keep in mind.

Firstly I'm definitely not a min-maxer as I do not get joy from being that hardcore. I definitely want to progress leisurely but I don't want to be wasting time doing something that wont benefit me if that makes sense. 

So to clarify, I should pull all my workers from their current tasks and put them on grains in order to maximize beer production. That actually makes more sense than what I've been doing because later when I have more cp/workers I will definitely be able to do more processing because of the increase of materials gained. While they are gathering my main focus should be accruing CP/Energy and moving along through the black spirit/story quest lines. Pretty simple, as that is mostly what I've been doing along with fishing to take a break from mindlessly slaughtering monsters and wildlife. 

Historically the RNG gods have not favored me in any game, so I will probably save myself the hassle and do as you've instructed lol. 

My next question for you is; At what level do I need to worry about purchasing gear and about how much should I plan to save up before reaching that point in order to kill stuff/survive efficiently? 

1) Why do you want to split the life skills between characters? Typically people have main characters, so you are fine with constantly switching characters? The higher skill you are, the better rewards for that specific skill.

I know there are people who lvl up the life skill for all their alts … I just can’t see myself doing that. I want one of my characters to be the best in gathering, processing, cooking, etc.

2) This game provides no hand holding. It boils down to you reading, interacting and watching YouTube videos to learn about the game. I have been playing for almost a month and I still have a lot of questions.

3) Selling ancient shards its great. But also you can use it, create the scrolls, and go in a group and summon them. The rewards tends to be pretty good, especially if you used your own shards as your profit will be higher. It can get boring and you get no XP from it….but money.

4) Join a guild if you haven’t. Find one that fits you and you’ll have a much better time.

5) Nothing can be done about your graphics; this game is very CPU-intensive. Just gotta deal with it unless you have the dough for a kickass CPU.

1. Well, since the game advocates making alts with the whole family system, I feel it would be more immersive to have an actual family with each person enjoying/specializing in their own life skill(s). I wouldnt be constantly switching characters, since most things is connected/shared through the family. The stuff I make through alchemy, the trade profits, the node connections, workers, everthing. 

2. I have been reading A LOT of stuff and watching a ton of videos, so I understand that completely lol. 

3. I don't even know how to do what you just said and didnt even know it was possible. I just knew that they sold on the marketplace for like 700k silver! Could I do this summoning scroll method at my level or do I need to collect the shards until I'm higher? 

4. I joined a small guild called Noob_Nation basically just to ask questions and be around other new players maybe doing some of the same things im doing. 

5. I definitely dont have the money for that so I will deal with my 25 fps :) 

Posted

Firstly I'm definitely not a min-maxer as I do not get joy from being that hardcore. I definitely want to progress leisurely but I don't want to be wasting time doing something that wont benefit me if that makes sense. 

So to clarify, I should pull all my workers from their current tasks and put them on grains in order to maximize beer production. That actually makes more sense than what I've been doing because later when I have more cp/workers I will definitely be able to do more processing because of the increase of materials gained. While they are gathering my main focus should be accruing CP/Energy and moving along through the black spirit/story quest lines. Pretty simple, as that is mostly what I've been doing along with fishing to take a break from mindlessly slaughtering monsters and wildlife. 

Historically the RNG gods have not favored me in any game, so I will probably save myself the hassle and do as you've instructed lol. 

My next question for you is; At what level do I need to worry about purchasing gear and about how much should I plan to save up before reaching that point in order to kill stuff/survive efficiently? 

1. Well, since the game advocates making alts with the whole family system, I feel it would be more immersive to have an actual family with each person enjoying/specializing in their own life skill(s). I wouldnt be constantly switching characters, since most things is connected/shared through the family. The stuff I make through alchemy, the trade profits, the node connections, workers, everthing. 

2. I have been reading A LOT of stuff and watching a ton of videos, so I understand that completely lol. 

3. I don't even know how to do what you just said and didnt even know it was possible. I just knew that they sold on the marketplace for like 700k silver! Could I do this summoning scroll method at my level or do I need to collect the shards until I'm higher? 

4. I joined a small guild called Noob_Nation basically just to ask questions and be around other new players maybe doing some of the same things im doing. 

Yes sir, definitely recommend investing the short term gathering on ores in order to maximize early worker feeding/CP raising through beer, its a great investment, the amount of workers youll be able to enslave increases exponentially ;D

I think you shouldn't worry TOO much about your gear until you hit 50 or 51. Youll probably be best served grinding Helms/wandering rogues/manes from 51 up until level 55, which I would recommend at least 140 AP for, and DP that just lets you survive without chugging health pots endlessly. after that point youll want to do elrics or MAYBE sausans, which you want at least 150 AP for. I would recommend saving enough to be able to buy at least a pri liverto from the marketplace, and then for most classes PRI grunil set or equivalent armor (of too expensive, you can buy something less than PRI, prioritize weapons over armor usually). You can do fine with jarretes accessory set or buying blue accessories in each slot (witches earring, Mark of Shadow ring) market price fluctuates on these items.

If you arrange the relics in a "Cross" shape, you can turn them into relic scrolls which you can do at a certain location. I recommend being level 50 before you do these, and most people will want you to have either x5 scrolls (25 relics worth) or x10 Scrolls (50 relics worth). Its time consuming, but greaaat money, roughly 15mil per hour I believe if you have a value pack active.

Posted

Yes sir, definitely recommend investing the short term gathering on ores in order to maximize early worker feeding/CP raising through beer, its a great investment, the amount of workers youll be able to enslave increases exponentially ;D

I think you shouldn't worry TOO much about your gear until you hit 50 or 51. Youll probably be best served grinding Helms/wandering rogues/manes from 51 up until level 55, which I would recommend at least 140 AP for, and DP that just lets you survive without chugging health pots endlessly. after that point youll want to do elrics or MAYBE sausans, which you want at least 150 AP for. I would recommend saving enough to be able to buy at least a pri liverto from the marketplace, and then for most classes PRI grunil set or equivalent armor (of too expensive, you can buy something less than PRI, prioritize weapons over armor usually). You can do fine with jarretes accessory set or buying blue accessories in each slot (witches earring, Mark of Shadow ring) market price fluctuates on these items.

If you arrange the relics in a "Cross" shape, you can turn them into relic scrolls which you can do at a certain location. I recommend being level 50 before you do these, and most people will want you to have either x5 scrolls (25 relics worth) or x10 Scrolls (50 relics worth). Its time consuming, but greaaat money, roughly 15mil per hour I believe if you have a value pack active.

That's good then! I have 3 potato nodes around Velia and a Wheat node near Heidal. That leaves 3 other workers I need to find a place for and Ill leave my giant collecting Coal in Keplan cause hes way in BFE.

I've got a way to go before hitting 50 so I will just save all my money until then so I can properly prepare for the more difficult stuff. Also I think that since the relics are my largest source of income right now i will contine to sell them and later on when I can use them I will begin to stock up. 

Thanks for all the information! 

Posted (edited)

1. Definitely, alts are amazing as they get 1 energy every hour you're online so within a few days (depending on your max energy) they will be full of energy. Since I am on my main 99% and energy recovers faster (every 3min vs every hour) I just use my main for everything except looking for workers.

3. In the description, it says to collect 5 and place it in a pattern; I believe it is a “X” pattern and then a “+” sign will appear for you to convert that into a scroll. I believe the expiry is 1 week so you can time it. You always want to do it in a group of 5. The standard practice is doing ancient scroll run of 5x or 10x. Meaning, every member will have 5x or 10x scrolls and go to the designated spot to summon the scroll. Every now and then you see in Server chat of people looking for group members and then you all will decide on which server to go on. The scroll consist of 3 waves, with the last one being the Boss. Killing the Boss gives you a chance to collect Memory Fragment that sells for around 700-750k (depending on the market) which yes, you can sell, or keep it as it comes in hand. Using your own scroll will trigger an event with Black Spirit which essentially asks you to kill the Boss. Once you kill the boss you summon BS and it’ll reward you with 3 red orbs (don’t open it until you’re done because of weight management) but these orbs gives you junk and sometimes memory fragment as well. So when it is your turn to do the summoning -> use scroll, kill boss, collect reward -> use scroll again.

4. It is good to be in a guild with experience people as they can give you recommendation here and there that will help you grow and make better decisions. There are a lot of guild open to new players. Essentially if you can google the answer do so, but if not, ask your guildies (not good to treat them as wikepedia). Look around in the guild recruitment forum section.

Edited by BakaNeko

Posted

Cons:

Don't know wich resulotion you are running on. Try low or medium settings, Towns / Field and World Bosses are the pain in the ass for any system. No mater how good your systems is, too much players in a small place isn't good. 

In settings look for Low Power Mode, turn this off because this will make your GPU (Videocard) use less power and it will give you less performence. 

Further look for Photo-Filter settings, this will let your GPU render the game in a other filter wich somehow prevents smooth gameplay (Nothing to do with Fps), turn this to None, most screens / tv's have their own in build filter settings.

Besides those 2: Play in windowed mode. Look if other players pets are enabled you can turn it off. Look if other players lantern is enabled this also can be turned off. There is also a setting that will automaticly turn of visuals effect and more things if you drop below a specific Fps, i use these settings and i put it on 20 Fps (works perfect for me).

The Default optimization option is not good enhough for a lot of players it some hows screw up your performence and settings.

Since 2 weeks i play once again after 1 year of pain with 59 - 60 Fps, Towns ~33 Fps, Field / world bosses ~27 Fps and it kicks in the Fps thing wich disable other playes effects and more. (1920 x 1080) 

Posted (edited)

Don't know wich resulotion you are running on. Try low or medium settings, Towns / Field and World Bosses are the pain in the ass for any system. No mater how good your systems is, too much players in a small place isn't good. 

In settings look for Low Power Mode, turn this off because this will make your GPU (Videocard) use less power and it will give you less performence. 

Further look for Photo-Filter settings, this will let your GPU render the game in a other filter wich somehow prevents smooth gameplay (Nothing to do with Fps), turn this to None, most screens / tv's have their own in build filter settings.

Besides those 2: Play in windowed mode. Look if other players pets are enabled you can turn it off. Look if other players lantern is enabled this also can be turned off. There is also a setting that will automaticly turn of visuals effect and more things if you drop below a specific Fps, i use these settings and i put it on 20 Fps (works perfect for me).

The Default optimization option is not good enhough for a lot of players it some hows screw up your performence and settings.

Since 2 weeks i play once again after 1 year of pain with 59 - 60 Fps, Towns ~33 Fps, Field / world bosses ~27 Fps and it kicks in the Fps thing wich disable other playes effects and more. (1920 x 1080) 

I'm running at 1360/768, 28'' monitor 

Using your reccomendations I am now on medium textures, low graphics and im at 27-33 fps in a barren field of cows and trees. Running into town I drop to 14-18. I will mess around with it some more to try to get optimal quality and performance the best I can. I really dont care about towns, as long as I can fight without the game becoming a slideshow ill sacrifice performance in other areas. 

-edit-

With graphics on medium I dont go above 9 fps so that's out of the question. With all your tips and medium texture/low graphics it seems to look the best. 

Edited by Takeyda

Posted

it seems to look the best. 

fine it did something! :) 

is your system older then ~4-5 years?

Posted (edited)

fine it did something! :) 

is your system older then ~4-5 years?

Yea I have an old computer coming up on 4 years lol. Intel i5 processor, old graphics card.. just no money to get a new one 

Edited by Takeyda

Posted

Yea I have an old computer coming up on 4 years lol. Intel i5 processor, old graphics card.. just no money to get a new one 

well succes then, you will probaly need a upgrade or new one :(. But still nice that you enjoy the game.

Posted (edited)

Ok UPDATE TIME! 

In light of the Striker reveal I have been trying to gather enough money/energy/cp to hit the ground running when it is released.

I took most of my workers off of grains (except 2) and spread them to other things in order to level up processing. I have the first 2 tiers of processing knowledge so I can make 2nd step mats now (ex Iron ore to shards, shards to ingots)  I started farming, and im already up to top quality (special) g-----s, sunflowers and wheat. (Farming produces A TON more than workers do. I have almost 7000 beers now.) And the G-----s/Sunflowers sell well. 

Secondly, by spreading my workers to resource nodes I was able to put together a trade route for my 3rd character, and I am up to apprentice 7 trading on him. I make about 300k an hour, but my trading is still pretty low. With the endless trade quests though its nice CP XP and I thorougly enjoy trading :P

I AFK Process on my 2nd character to gather energy to farm because I have 2 of each strong fence and plain fence and that's too many plants to manage with offline energy regeneration.  

I used my energy on my 3rd character to hire more blue workers and i ditched some greens. I even have 1 yellow worker now due to a successful promotion.

My 1st character (main until striker) is going to retire to my chef/fisherman. I am up to skilled 7 cooking and apprentice 9 fishing. I've also upgraded from a raft to a fishing boat. I opted for Grunil as you suggest for its universal use among classes with the intent to put it on my striker. I have 3/4 pieces at +10 and 1 piece at +9. I tried grinding some of the 50-51 spots but didnt really make much money (about 900k an hour at each spot) However I dont have any invested grinding nodes and only 1 luck so that might have a lot to do with it. 

It may seem as though i'm spread thin, but I stay busy the entire time i'm playing and thats what I like the most. I'm almost at 100m total wealth, which was 1 of my short term goals so there's that as well. 

I'm at 112 energy and 102 cp. I do my daily beer cooking session which nets me around 2 CP and a Calpheon daily run that gets me about 1 CP. Farming is giving me some CP turn ins too so i'll be stacking those up as I continue farming. 

thoughts? :P 

Edited by Takeyda

Posted

Ok UPDATE TIME! 

In light of the Striker reveal I have been trying to gather enough money/energy/cp to hit the ground running when it is released.

I took most of my workers off of grains (except 2) and spread them to other things in order to level up processing. I have the first 2 tiers of processing knowledge so I can make 2nd step mats now (ex Iron ore to shards, shards to ingots)  I started farming, and im already up to top quality (special) g-----s, sunflowers and wheat. (Farming produces A TON more than workers do. I have almost 7000 beers now.) And the G-----s/Sunflowers sell well. 

Secondly, by spreading my workers to resource nodes I was able to put together a trade route for my 3rd character, and I am up to apprentice 7 trading on him. I make about 300k an hour, but my trading is still pretty low. With the endless trade quests though its nice CP XP and I thorougly enjoy trading :P

I AFK Process on my 2nd character to gather energy to farm because I have 2 of each strong fence and plain fence and that's too many plants to manage with offline energy regeneration.  

I used my energy on my 3rd character to hire more blue workers and i ditched some greens. I even have 1 yellow worker now due to a successful promotion.

My 1st character (main until striker) is going to retire to my chef/fisherman. I am up to skilled 7 cooking and apprentice 9 fishing. I've also upgraded from a raft to a fishing boat. I opted for Grunil as you suggest for its universal use among classes with the intent to put it on my striker. I have 3/4 pieces at +10 and 1 piece at +9. I tried grinding some of the 50-51 spots but didnt really make much money (about 900k an hour at each spot) However I dont have any invested grinding nodes and only 1 luck so that might have a lot to do with it. 

It may seem as though i'm spread thin, but I stay busy the entire time i'm playing and thats what I like the most. I'm almost at 100m total wealth, which was 1 of my short term goals so there's that as well. 

I'm at 112 energy and 102 cp. I do my daily beer cooking session which nets me around 2 CP and a Calpheon daily run that gets me about 1 CP. Farming is giving me some CP turn ins too so i'll be stacking those up as I continue farming. 

thoughts? :P 

Hey, if youre finding success that's good!

The only thing I would still recommend is to have more workers on grains. I don't think 2 nodes collecting even all day is enough to supply a good cooking session a day. If you devote a bit more time into cooking, you should be able to increase your cp substantially. at 102 CP you should be able to increase your CP by maybe 4-6 a day with cooking with time to go do other fun shenanigans too. However, I know cooking can be boring, so if youre doing as much as you want to do, youre fine :D;D

Also, 900k an hour for grinding in mediah seems really low... Luck has little to do with it, as does the node investment level. Do you have pets? If youre willing to spend a little money, having 4 Tier 1 pets is more than enough and youll quickly see your income rise to probably around 4mil per hour, which will get higher as your AP and thus your clearing speed increases as well.

100M is a good goal, but if you increase your CP network and reach master 2 trading, combined with just a little bit of grinding you should be able to make that easily in a week once you've been playing for a while.

Keep it up! Keep us updated.

For comparison, with 3 Tier 4 pets, 1 Tier 2 pet, and 190AP, I can make roughly 10-12mil at sausans per hour. you don't need t4 pets, but tier1 pets at level 10 at least are a necessity if you want to make money grinding :)

Posted

1. conversation minigame -.- I read about this for hours and still cant figure out how to do it right. I think it was overthought to the point of making it almost rocket science for someone who doesnt understand the concept. (me) 

just gonna leave this here for you:

http://bdotools.com/ 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hey, if youre finding success that's good!

The only thing I would still recommend is to have more workers on grains. I don't think 2 nodes collecting even all day is enough to supply a good cooking session a day. If you devote a bit more time into cooking, you should be able to increase your cp substantially. at 102 CP you should be able to increase your CP by maybe 4-6 a day with cooking with time to go do other fun shenanigans too. However, I know cooking can be boring, so if youre doing as much as you want to do, youre fine :D;D

Also, 900k an hour for grinding in mediah seems really low... Luck has little to do with it, as does the node investment level. Do you have pets? If youre willing to spend a little money, having 4 Tier 1 pets is more than enough and youll quickly see your income rise to probably around 4mil per hour, which will get higher as your AP and thus your clearing speed increases as well.

100M is a good goal, but if you increase your CP network and reach master 2 trading, combined with just a little bit of grinding you should be able to make that easily in a week once you've been playing for a while.

Keep it up! Keep us updated.

For comparison, with 3 Tier 4 pets, 1 Tier 2 pet, and 190AP, I can make roughly 10-12mil at sausans per hour. you don't need t4 pets, but tier1 pets at level 10 at least are a necessity if you want to make money grinding :)

And I thought 1-2 cp a day from cooking was good... lol Cooking's not really boring I just dont spend enough time on it since I'm doing so many things. 

To elaborate on the grinding, I'm definitely not grinding in Mediah. I have been doing catfishmen/rhutum/mansha. I'm now at 102/115 APDP(+10 4 piece blue grunil, +15 green Yuria Blade) and I have yet to even step foot in Mediah lands. you suggested 140/140 so I was staying away until I got there. 

I currently have 2 pets, a level 10 rabbit and a level 4 dog, I bought the rabbit with real money and got the dog as a gift from a guild mate :P I still do a lot of manual looting but it's no where near as much as when I had no pet. As far as buying 2 more pets I don't have the money so I will maybe hope to get lucky with a pre-order. 

As far as CP and trading goes, I don't have enough CP to set up mass grains AND a decent trade route. So what I have now is kind of a middle ground. 

-edit- I can give up the farming for now, that'll free up 32(34?) CP and I can focus on beer/trading and still fish overnight. I've got a +7 Epheria now and that thing is nice :P 

Edited by Takeyda