• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Has anyone tested the DP change?

54 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

the new improved DP in PVP ?

patch notes : 

All Classes

• All character’s DP effectiveness has been increased in PVP mode
    *Edited to clarify which mode has been affected

Edited by Sizer

Posted

Clickbait title

2 people like this

Posted

Clickbait title

how

Posted (edited)

how

"as anyone tested"  --- the what? get it?

Edited by Lorskie

Posted (edited)

yeah. It's a Damage Reduction buff (NOT EVASION).
It's a decent buff of DR honestly.

Who it helps the most:
Full DP builds
People without boss gear

People who it helps moderatly:
any class with a DP self buff

People it helps a little:
Everyone wearing armor

People it barely effects at all:
evasion builds

Edited by xcandykitten
3 people like this

Posted

I've made some duels the last hours and didn't noticed any huge DP or DR increases... level 58 Wiz 195Ap/285Dp

Posted

Fixed that title for ya! ;) 

I'm interested to see how the folks rocking heavy DP builds feel about it, please let us know!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm interested to see how the folks rocking heavy DP builds feel about it, please let us know!

It may be better for PVP, but any serious changes to DP can open up huge exploits in the PVP mechanics.

#1 Griefing (If your opponent can't kill you, you can drain their HP and try to force mob deaths upon them)

#2 Classes with high movement, dashes, invul, can become very OP in both griefing and PVP.

#3 Classes with full HP restore/heal can become OP

#4 The amount of AP & game time/luck/money scales even higher to become relevant in PVP

Edited by feebleone

Posted

ok they increased pvp dp, but how does it work? its a percent of actual dp? a fixed amount for all? wth no info at al... and how much dp ?  beat out  the answers from kr devs!

Posted

ok they increased pvp dp, but how does it work? its a percent of actual dp? a fixed amount for all? wth no info at al... and how much dp ?  beat out  the answers from kr devs!

Probably just increased DR scaling... No tests yet though... Just guess from visuals...

Posted

Rangers right now:

tumblr_mngda6OUfa1rp3ucoo1_500.gif

3 people like this

Posted

:P Forgot an "H" bud... I think what you meant to change it to was "Has anyone tested the DP change?" 

Might want to do another edit9_9. Also wouldn't hurt to hear from the CM/GM teams on their thinking as far as DP goes (would like for you guys to test these and post your findings). I know you guys have to stay impartial but you could still comment... I mean all CM and GM's play the game (supposedly ;) ) right? 

Posted

Rangers right now:

tumblr_mngda6OUfa1rp3ucoo1_500.gif

Funny, cruel but funny.

216/211/270 Using Kutum, I'm alot tankier now.

Cant scratch anyone else tho lol.

Posted

Theoretically class the class to tank and one who theoretical should go full DP is valkyria. And you just broke our shield block in patch week ago. So what are you expect to hear from us? Obviously we still can not tank.

Posted

:P Forgot an "H" bud... I think what you meant to change it to was "Has anyone tested the DP change?" 

Might want to do another edit9_9. Also wouldn't hurt to hear from the CM/GM teams on their thinking as far as DP goes (would like for you guys to test these and post your findings). I know you guys have to stay impartial but you could still comment... I mean all CM and GM's play the game (supposedly ;) ) right? 

my fault, ima fix it, I'm not english native, typo mistakes happens alot. ty

Posted

Funny, cruel but funny.

216/211/270 Using Kutum, I'm alot tankier now.

Cant scratch anyone else tho lol.

Time to reroll wizards like every other ranger.

DP won't save them if you over kill them by twice their max HP

WiwdiPF.jpg?1

3 people like this

Posted

Time to reroll wizards like every other ranger.
DP won't save them if you over kill them by twice their max HP

WiwdiPF.jpg?1

Roleplayers have more DP now, means more challenge , doesnt it ?

Posted

Roleplayers have more DP now, means more challenge , doesnt it ?

90% of the ppl i'm killing are so poorly geared it doesn't even matter. But, ya this is going to be annoying for that other 10%. Regardless, I try to avoid consensual pvp as much as possible and that 10% are usually ppl looking for consensual pvp. 

2 people like this

Posted

90% of the ppl i'm killing are so poorly geared it doesn't even matter. But, ya this is going to be annoying for that other 10%. Regardless, I try to avoid consensual pvp as much as possible and that 10% are usually ppl looking for consensual pvp. 

I was testing a lot in the arena... Seems like the biggest nerf was to rangers in this.
FeelsBadForDremlockMan

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@ Ranger chickenlittlers:  "2nd awakening" is confirmed in development now, you'll be right back to long range Alpha predators in no time, so STFU

I feel like just putting in scaleable Critical Resistance would have accomplished the same exact goals for the Front line classes that are SUPPOSED to be tanking in Group-PvP (read: NOT wizards, and NOT dk's) without screwing up 1v1 fights and Non-CC attrition battles

Just realized I might have to explain this for ppl who aren't used to critical thinking:   Critical attacks are overly generous in this game and require very little if any skill (or more often simply just R.N.G.) to consistently chain against immobilized or slower Attack-Interval classes... IE:  slower = pretty much all Front Line classes intended to utilize DP being in this category along with Tamer who is just the weirdest Oddball ever and I don't pretend to know what will fix Tamers so let's ignore them in this argument for now.    Back to Criticals:  the Back-attack hitbox is like 180 freakin degrees, and the attack Collision hulls in this game for big Spike + low risk or short Attack intervals are ridiculous and do not gauge "skill" in any way.  The same goes for most Knockdowns & Stuns.  Even Valk a consistent bottom tier of any Meta class, has a guaranteed Stun the size of a TRUCK with shield throw.  All of this together leads to almost every battle coming down to really sloppy button mashing play to be the first one to land attacks with multiple CC proc'ing or just get to a slight off-angle to spam Back Crits on classes that were supposed to be shield Tanking which completely cancels out their Tanky'ness with the ease at which CRITICALS are being non-stop spammed against them.

The IDEAL resolution to fights like these between novice & intermediate players is Non-CC Attrition... In other words:  Criticals being Resisted and pot-spamming being overwhelmed by Focus fire which is the Meta we USED TO HAVE back when the game originally launched in NA and there wasn't any TET awakening cheese in every damned fight.  ...And the main thing that's driven core players and more casual ppl away from PvP didn't exist so much back then:  IE:  getting one-hit as soon as you're knocked down or stunned.   This is the core issue that Kakao has constantly danced around infact and is what they're continuing to PRETEND to ignore but have in the most round about way possible gone and nerfed anyway

IOW:  First they buffed Mediah Mobs.  Then they startred giving everyone Super-Armor & spammable front guard.  Now they're Buffing DP,  then soon they'll be Buffing Primary weapons again.  Net Result:  they just went in one massive circle jerk of development periods to Nerf CC-into-Awakening weapon One-Shotting anyway when all they needed to do from the very beginning was just give the classes that are meant to Frontline tank, the Build & Skilltree options to force the good old Non-CC Attrition Meta again.

Edited by iller

Posted

I was testing a lot in the arena... Seems like the biggest nerf was to rangers in this.FeelsBadForDremlockMan

pretty much anything that increases time to kill = bad for ranger. This class just isn't designed for prolonged fights. And by "prolonged" i mean fights that last longer than 1.5 seconds. 

Posted

pretty much anything that increases time to kill = bad for ranger. This class just isn't designed for prolonged fights. And by "prolonged" i mean fights that last longer than 1.5 seconds. 

rip rangers in divorce fights.

Posted (edited)

Oh my god, I have to learn how to combo? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Edited by Simoun
sarcasm
1 person likes this

Posted

Oh my god, I have to learn how to combo? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

nah don't worry. all ranger combos fit within the span of 1.5 seconds

Posted

If you started a fan club, I would join. Just sayin'

1 person likes this