• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

ERROR CODE 2001

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been trying to find a solution to this since the patch went live and have found no information regarding the error code "2001" that pops up when attempting to patch the game. When I first tried starting the game I got an error say I needed to do a file repair due to a corrupt file, then the launcher restarted itself and now gives the error code before even hitting "1%" on the download. 

Restarting my computer, checking for Windows updates and reinstalling the launcher all failed to eliminate the error code. I'm about to reinstall the game completely but I'd hate to do it and still get the error code due to the error itself being unrelated to and or not needing a full reinstall of the game itself. 

This is the first time that I've ever seen the "Error Code: 2001" 

Posted

Error code 2001

This can happen if the client is still running in the background. Please check your system tray or task manager and close the application from there.

• Check if BDO client is running
  • Check System Tray icon and processes in Task Manager   
  • If BDO client is running, close it in Task Manager with the End Task button.

https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/210761609-Error-Code

1 person likes this

Posted

There is definitely nothing running in the background. Not a single task related to BDO after launcher crashes from error code. Unless there is a process I am unaware of but AFIK, blackdesert64.exe ; coherentUI ; xincode (these aren't the EXACT names of the processes but I'm sure it explains what I mean?) None of these processes are present. 

Error code 2001

This can happen if the client is still running in the background. Please check your system tray or task manager and close the application from there.

• Check if BDO client is running
  • Check System Tray icon and processes in Task Manager   
  • If BDO client is running, close it in Task Manager with the End Task button.

https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/210761609-Error-Code

Currently rebooted my system into "Safe Mode with Networking" to minimize the amount of processes being ran in the background and the error code still pops up immediately after attempting to patch the game.

Posted

Yeah.. i'm dealing with the same thing. No one seems to respond to my post though. Either way... I tried everything. Ended up uninstalling the game and am now re-downloading the client. This kind of bullshit shouldn't happen... wasting tons of time re-downloading this entire game.

Posted

Yeah.. i'm dealing with the same thing. No one seems to respond to my post though. Either way... I tried everything. Ended up uninstalling the game and am now re-downloading the client. This kind of bullshit shouldn't happen... wasting tons of time re-downloading this entire game.

I know how you feel lol. I went ahead and completely uninstalled the game and removed all BDO folders from "My Documents" and so far everything seems to be working just fine. Client is actually downloading the patch, along with the game files themselves. I've still got 8-9 minutes left according to progress bar, so hopefully the game actually launches after that. Nothing else worked, even tried booting up in "safe mode with networking" to avoid any instances of the game or related processes running in the background which was said to be the cause of the "2001" error code and that didn't help. 

Hope you get it working for you too. 

Posted

I know how you feel lol. I went ahead and completely uninstalled the game and removed all BDO folders from "My Documents" and so far everything seems to be working just fine. Client is actually downloading the patch, along with the game files themselves. I've still got 8-9 minutes left according to progress bar, so hopefully the game actually launches after that. Nothing else worked, even tried booting up in "safe mode with networking" to avoid any instances of the game or related processes running in the background which was said to be the cause of the "2001" error code and that didn't help. 

Hope you get it working for you too. 

It seems to be downloading... but its taking forever. The max speed i'm getting is 1.49 mb/s. Not sure the download will be finished before I head home from work :(.