• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How long until people realize the DP "buff" is actually a buff for Wizards/Witch/DK

45 posts in this topic

Posted

I'll give it a few days until people figure it out.

God I love this game.

3 people like this

Posted

66.6% of the classes you mention are my faves. yay me!

3 people like this

Posted

the 3 classes you mention is 66 % of the games population.

3 people like this

Posted

Numbers hurt brain AHHHH

Posted

The DP buff is pretty much non-existent so it doesn't really change anything. 

5 people like this

Posted

God I love this game.

ever considered getting better at the game?
I'm surprised that wizards give you so much issue. Not sure how anyone could be THAT bad, but hey. Never know i guess.

3 people like this

Posted

ever considered getting better at the game?I'm surprised that wizards give you so much issue. Not sure how anyone could be THAT bad, but hey. Never know i guess.

Yeah Git Gud

Play Wizard

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

This current DP buff that the devs pushed out has been tested many of the times on the KR client, and decided as little to no change. Although, the developers are testing many interesting ideas on the new PvP test servers on the KR client. Last week the guild that won siege was able to have acess to the test servers for 24 hours. This week, after the oasis festival, the test servers were open for several days again for the guild that won- from April 8th to April 13th. 

Here is Elsha Uriel's video that summarized and displayed some of the tested changes. Nothing has reached live client yet. Basically, 1 comboing any class will no longer be possible if this goes through- and every class will have a chance of surviving if you don't play skillfully. 

Edited by Junyoung
6 people like this

Posted

This current DP buff that the devs pushed out has been tested many of the times on the KR client, and decided as little to no change. Although, the developers are testing many interesting ideas on the new PvP test servers on the KR client. Last week the guild that won siege was able to have acess to the test servers for 24 hours. This week, after the oasis festival, the test servers were open for several days again for the guild that won- from April 8th to April 13th. 

Here is Elsha Uriel's video that summarized and displayed some of the tested changes. Nothing has reached live client yet. Basically, 1 comboing any class will no longer be possible if this goes through- and every class will have a chance of surviving if you don't play skillfully. 

I pray, to all the gods, that this will come to our game.
I pray so hard.

I pray because i'm sick of skill-less S+F wizards that stack AP, kill 40 people then die and act like they are hot shit, actually being hot shit due to the way our current system works.

I WANT TO ACTUALLY FIGHT PEOPLE. I WANT THE FEELING OF OTHER GAMES. I WANT TO FEEL THE SWEAT, THE PULSE, THE BLOOD AND TEARS. I NEED TO FEEEEELLLLLL MY OPPONENTS DIE AND TRY NOT TO GET -----ED UP BY ME. 

ugh. I miss it.

pls come to our server.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I pray, to all the gods, that this will come to our game.I pray so hard.

I pray because i'm sick of skill-less S+F wizards that stack AP, kill 40 people then die and act like they are hot shit, actually being hot shit due to the way our current system works.

I WANT TO ACTUALLY FIGHT PEOPLE. I WANT THE FEELING OF OTHER GAMES. I WANT TO FEEL THE SWEAT, THE PULSE, THE BLOOD AND TEARS. I NEED TO FEEEEELLLLLL MY OPPONENTS DIE AND TRY NOT TO GET -----ED UP BY ME. 

ugh. I miss it.

pls come to our server.

You need some Dark Souls in your life. Praise the sun \o/

Edited by Wykked
3 people like this

Posted

ye people on the kr server are really hyped about this rn. If only bdo pvp felt more like For Honor pvp... hmmmm....

Posted

I for one am also really excited about this.

Posted (edited)

How long until people realize the DP "buff" is actually a buff for Wizards/Witch/DK --> all classes that have a build in heal, are inherently tanky and spam potions every 3 seconds like there is no tomorrow.

There, fixed.

Also, the current DP buff is not minor at all. Tested some combos against a friend in the arena today. And his block was only taking half of the dmg than before the DP buff.

Edited by Medra

Posted

I pray, to all the gods, that this will come to our game.I pray so hard.

ugh. I miss it.

pls come to our server.

I thought you said wiz isn't op? You clearly state here they are able s+F stack ap kill 40 ppl and die,and they aren't even hot shit according to you. So the average wizard is able to do what other classes can't. Makes sense now. You secretly believe wiz is op whilst saying it isn't hue.

Posted

ever considered getting better at the game?I'm surprised that wizards give you so much issue. Not sure how anyone could be THAT bad, but hey. Never know i guess.

Why are you so insufferable?

Posted

Depend if all the witch/wiz are evasion build or not. It doesn't touch evasion builds. And mages have naturally less DR in general, so the multiplication effect may be less.

Double buff valk DP is pretty significant right now.

Posted

God I love this game.

Won't be when they break Wizards/DKs/and Witches Ankles.

Trust me, those three aren't in the "we're going to bring everyone up to a certain power point."

Anyone who says otherwise is completely delusional.

Posted

Won't be when they break Wizards/DKs/and Witches Ankles.

Trust me, those three aren't in the "we're going to bring everyone up to a certain power point."

Anyone who says otherwise is completely delusional.

I wouldn't be surprised if witches got some minor buffs eventually, after all the other classes got theirs. They are noticeably weaker than DKs and wizards. However, I would prefer if the 2nd witch awakening was a bit better than the 2nd wizard awakening instead of witch getting buffs to her current kit.

Posted

Why are you so insufferable?

Mommy never tucked him in at night....instead just left him in room with a dirty mattress and a lamp with no shade.

1 person likes this

Posted

There are 2 options:

1. They increased DP efficiency with same value for all classes. In this case the hardest hitting classes (wiz/wich, DK) will most benefit from this change.
  2. They increased DP efficiency with different values for different classes. In this case balance can be achieved.

Posted

There are 2 options:

1. They increased DP efficiency with same value for all classes. In this case the hardest hitting classes (wiz/wich, DK) will most benefit from this change.
  2. They increased DP efficiency with different values for different classes. In this case balance can be achieved.

You're assuming that they're not going to be nerfed.

Which they will, because that's what they said. Any class below a 1 KD ratio is going to be buffed to a 1 KD ratio, while anyone grossly above that (DK/WIZ) will be brought down in line to a 1KD ratio.

1 person likes this

Posted

There are 2 options:

since it appears to be Dr and not evasion. It is in fact DP fluctuation for different classes.

Some class will have DR buffs and class DR benefits.

Assuming it's multiplication and not addition, then yes wizard and witch would be worse off then other classes.

Even DP witch builds are evasion builds which do not benefit much from this change.

I can wack the squishy classes so much easier then a valk today, though valks were never easy to kill.

1 person likes this

Posted

You're assuming that they're not going to be nerfed.

Which they will, because that's what they said. Any class below a 1 KD ratio is going to be buffed to a 1 KD ratio, while anyone grossly above that (DK/WIZ) will be brought down in line to a 1KD ratio.

Interesting. You say this like it's a good thing. If the developers for any other competitive game I play said they were adjusting game balance based on KDR I would assume they have their pants firmly on their head and the game wouldn't be long for this world.

Posted

Witch needs a buff. 100% ulti garbage confirmed as well.

Posted

How on earth are they going to make AoE classes work to a 1:1 kd ratio? Massively reduce the dmg of those skills or massively reduce the numbers of possible targets per skill? Or both?