• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Awakened DK Build - Rotation?

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello folks!

For those of you who are more familiar with the class than I, would you please post what type of build we should be looking at once we use up all the available awakened skills?  I'm not really sure where else to spend my points.  Also, what is a solid farming and PvP combo to use?

Thanks!

Posted

I am kinda in the same boat. I played BDO at launch...well before launch, then took a long break and have recently returned and rolled a DK. I missed the awakenings on the other classes and noticed the game gave me skill resets. 

I only have like 680 skill points. Do I wipe all my pre-awakening skills and work on the Awakening skills, then go back and get the old skills later? Do I keep a couple of the skills like say...Wheel (I have it maxed out) and just grab a few Awakening skills? Im confused..can you eventually just get ALL the skills anyway if you grind enough combat points?

I know this is a disjointed post but i guess the main question i have is...Do I wipe all my pre awakening skills and load up on these new awakened skills or what...lol

Thanks in advance for any info/advice!

Posted

I am kinda in the same boat. I played BDO at launch...well before launch, then took a long break and have recently returned and rolled a DK. I missed the awakenings on the other classes and noticed the game gave me skill resets. 

I only have like 680 skill points. Do I wipe all my pre-awakening skills and work on the Awakening skills, then go back and get the old skills later? Do I keep a couple of the skills like say...Wheel (I have it maxed out) and just grab a few Awakening skills? Im confused..can you eventually just get ALL the skills anyway if you grind enough combat points?

I know this is a disjointed post but i guess the main question i have is...Do I wipe all my pre awakening skills and load up on these new awakened skills or what...lol

Thanks in advance for any info/advice!

i just posted this in another thread. Keep in mind that's to match MY gameplay:

As priority list you can use:

For awakening: take everything except :

• AWK auto attack : just wait more points to unlock
  • Leave Hand of Exploitation level1. It's not that good except for a bit of HP regen in PvE (rank 1 do the job ;) )
  • Rush of Despair ; nothing else than a mid ranged filler skill. Not a priority.
  • Hand of resentment. Not a priority at all. Unlock it when you have everything else.

After this, priority order on pre-awakening is:

1. Dashes : Dusk and MH
  2. W+F
  3. Nocturne / Lunacy of Vedir (switch)
  4. Wheel of Fortune (switch)
  5. Passives
  6. Block/Counter attack
  7. Shadow bullet level 1
  8. Trap level 1
  9. Kamasilvia Slash
  10. Ground corrumption
  11. -------
  12. Finish your awakening skills
  13. what you want between F/F, shadow bullet 2 + air, Shift+E
  14. ...
2 people like this

Posted

@Arte-kun,

Thanks for the post!  Based upon your information here, what would be your normal rotation when PvE farming?  Or, at least, what would be your skill priority?

Posted (edited)

Switching to awakening seems awkward.  I need a few good combo rotations if anyone knows where I  could view them.  Thx

Nvr mind.  Saw some answers I other threads.  Thx again. 

Edited by Falcon22

Posted

Could you share what you found on the other thread.  

Thanks

1 person likes this

Posted

i just posted this in another thread. Keep in mind that's to match MY gameplay:

As priority list you can use:

For awakening: take everything except :

• AWK auto attack : just wait more points to unlock
  • Leave Hand of Exploitation level1. It's not that good except for a bit of HP regen in PvE (rank 1 do the job ;) )
  • Rush of Despair ; nothing else than a mid ranged filler skill. Not a priority.
  • Hand of resentment. Not a priority at all. Unlock it when you have everything else.

After this, priority order on pre-awakening is:

1. Dashes : Dusk and MH
  2. W+F
  3. Nocturne / Lunacy of Vedir (switch)
  4. Wheel of Fortune (switch)
  5. Passives
  6. Block/Counter attack
  7. Shadow bullet level 1
  8. Trap level 1
  9. Kamasilvia Slash
  10. Ground corrumption
  11. -------
  12. Finish your awakening skills
  13. what you want between F/F, shadow bullet 2 + air, Shift+E
  14. ...

Thanks man. This helps a great deal. 

Posted

This helps to some extent but where I'm having trouble is when to use awakened skills and when not too.  I don't really understand how the two blend with each other.  This was pretty darn easy on my Witch but confusing as hell on the DK.

Posted

This helps to some extent but where I'm having trouble is when to use awakened skills and when not too.  I don't really understand how the two blend with each other.  This was pretty darn easy on my Witch but confusing as hell on the DK.

I actually don't think it's necessary. I've been grinding just fine without needing to use non-awakening at all unless I just want to..

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yeah I hardly touch my non awakening skills and a quick way to switch back into awakeing is w+rmb, so if I use wheel of fortune on my quick bar to go into reg stance and I use that w+rmb to kick me back into awakening I never use C, you don't have to use a combo for w+rmb to work

Edited by Gotcha

Posted

Thanks

It was the one posted above. I would also like some hints on how to set up the hot keys. Like in what order do you all do things if that is at all possible. A picture of the skill trees would be helpful too. Sorry for all the requests. I don't want to f it up. :-)  

Thanks

There is also another page of answers under another topic. Check it out. 

Posted

If you want to be lazy like when vsing a field boss, you can hold Shift + RMB + S. This lets you repeat Shift + RMB faster.

You can also hotkey it and spam the hotkey to get faster casts, but holding the 3 buttons is easier for me.

3 people like this

Posted

I'll preface this by saying I'm certainly still learning!

I was grinding at Bashims last night to get a little practice in and I only ever swapped back to my main hand if I wanted to air strike to cover a gap. Shift+LMB and Shift+RMB would melt packs immediately and the cooldowns were short enough that I could alternate my usage. If I had any stragglers, RMB would clean them up pretty quickly. 

Basically I had no need for my main hand's AoE. 

That being said, I've not tried PvP awakened yet. I can absolutely see how Kamasylvia Slash, Wheel, and even Air Strike will be amazingly useful still in PvP. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I mostly use these moves together:

PVP:

Long combo: Air Strike, - Wheel of Fortune-  W+RMB(Auto switch to Awakening), Shift +LMB(Hold for Flow), Shift + RMB, Shift + E(Hold for Flow)

Short Combo: W+RMB, Shift+RMB, Wheel of Fortune(QuickSlot), Air Strike, W+RMB(Awakening)

Experimental: Air Strike, - Wheel of Fortune-  W+RMB(Auto switch to Awakening), Shift +LMB(Hold for Flow), F(Twilight Dash), Shift+E(Hold for Flow).

For PVE just shorten the combo :)

Edited by Juliet Lin
2 people like this

Posted

Thx so much for all the info.  The rotation to follow will help alot.  

Posted

PVP:

Long combo: Air Strike, - Wheel of Fortune-  W+RMB(Auto switch to Awakening), Shift +LMB(Hold for Flow), Shift + RMB, Shift + E(Hold for Flow)

Short Combo: W+RMB, Shift+RMB, Wheel of Fortune(QuickSlot), Air Strike, W+RMB(Awakening)

Experimental: Air Strike, - Wheel of Fortune-  W+RMB(Auto switch to Awakening), Shift +LMB(Hold for Flow), F(Twilight Dash), Shift+E(Hold for Flow).

long: why are you bothering w/ wheel after air strike - it's not a down attack

short: use slanted balance instead of air strike for similar, if not more dmg, and saving air strike to close a gap

experimental: wheel does nothing, after hunt you should use legacy to extend the kd, then shattering/seed

Posted

Usually start with w+rmb, shift+rmb, dash to behind, *f attack right up their asses,  shift+lmb, shift+e, shift+rmb... and everything's dead **(or shift+lmb at their backs then f attack up their asses, depends on mobs).   I switched my preawaken skills to mostly hp/wp increase, I'll nocturn to a quick heal attack combo then restart back up to w+rmb.  over and over again.

I've tried to incorporate s+rmb and space, but it's so damn slow.  I haven't found the sweet spots for those yet, plus the damage is lackluster for me.  You can space right after F for quick extra attack if mobs are cornered however.  I might spec out of s+rmb and space, simply because they aren't required.  The purple bubblegum bombs nuke everything as it is.

Getting bored of killing everything so well, might go back to fishing.  lol j/k.

Posted

PVP:

IMO, wheel of fortune shouldn't come after air strike... you miss out on the air attack damage if air strike knocks down the opponent.

Usually start with w+rmb, shift+rmb, dash to behind, *f attack right up their asses,  shift+lmb, shift+e, shift+rmb... and everything's dead **(or shift+lmb at their backs then f attack up their asses, depends on mobs).   I switched my preawaken skills to mostly hp/wp increase, I'll nocturn to a quick heal attack combo then restart back up to w+rmb.  over and over again.

I've tried to incorporate s+rmb and space, but it's so damn slow.  I haven't found the sweet spots for those yet, plus the damage is lackluster for me.  You can space right after F for quick extra attack if mobs are cornered however.  I might spec out of s+rmb and space, simply because they aren't required.  The purple bubblegum bombs nuke everything as it is.

Getting bored of killing everything so well, might go back to fishing.  lol j/k.

I just shift + e with flow, normally everything is dead by then. If that doesn't kill them all a quick (bubble gum ball) as you put it, finishes the pack off.

Posted

IMO, wheel of fortune shouldn't come after air strike... you miss out on the air attack damage if air strike knocks down the opponent.

I just shift + e with flow, normally everything is dead by then. If that doesn't kill them all a quick (bubble gum ball) as you put it, finishes the pack off.

Only 56, I don't have flows yet, but if you're telling me it gets even easier...well

Posted

Only 56, I don't have flows yet, but if you're telling me it gets even easier...well

Oh yeah, the second hit on shift + e destroys lol. More AP helps too though, ive got 220 at the moment.

Posted

I know that I'm the guy who never plays a class like everyone else, but most of the stuff presented in this thread seems just "wrong" to me. Maybe it's great for PVP, I don't PVP so I can't comment there, but if you are looking for a basic strategy for PVE then ignore all this shadow bullet and wheel of fortune crap. The only non-awakened skills you need to focus on are your F-skills (air strike, etc) and prerequisite skills for awakening skills.

Try the following rotation. It's fast, simple, mobile, and it rips through PVE content even when you do not have the gear score to be where you want to grind. You'll kill fast enough to grind for xp in areas well above your actual level. (Level 57 rotation here, if you are higher then tack on your flows).

Overlord to get your buffs up. Twilight dash to blow into and through a group of enemies, immediately hook around and spirit hunt, you'll get back attack bonus. Do shattering darkness and flow bombardment (forward) still getting back attack bonus and use a soul snatch. Use hallucination twice to arc around behind the group again and do spirit legacy followed by another soul snatch, you get that back attack bonus again. Do a hallucination again to reposition, grip of grudge to bring the group together for a back attack seed of catastrophe. If anything is still alive, use nocturne (teleport behind them) to go into regular stance and hit them from behind for a full F-skill combo to get all your addon buffs back and end with a spirit hunt (quick barred) to pop you back into awakened stance to repeat the rotation. You don't need to worry about blocks, getting knocked down, or for the most part even getting hit and you'll never need energy for your attacks.