• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Are Red Corals Earring Overkill ?

32 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey my fellow witch/wizards. Simple question do we need the addiotonal Accuracy from Red Corals or not when you run Bhegs ?

Posted

i run with accuracy offhand in PvP, bhegs or red corals would not be enough

Posted

Hey my fellow witch/wizards. Simple question do we need the addiotonal Accuracy from Red Corals or not when you run Bhegs ?

In pve or pvp? Regardless there r some factors involved to give more accurate indicators. With 253 aap lvl 61 when hitting a 340 dp eva target, my second wave from cataclysm doesnt land at times, perhaps some more accuracy is needed ontop of existing tet bheg kzarka? Or just higher ap?

In general pve u probl dont notice a difference, esp vs green/red mobs with ur awak skills. I did not notice any dmg diff in pila ku when taking on/off bheg gloves, tho i only tested with kutum, when i was 60 not so long ago

Posted

I noticed a significant increase in damage and crowd control potential in PvP when I swapped to Red Coral Earrings. I play in EU though, where full evasion with centaur belt is pretty standard among high-end players. Red Coral Earrings gives the highest stat-budget on enhancement in the game, so if you get them to TRI or preferably TET, and assuming you're fighting players with at least some evasion, even as a Wizard or Witch there are no better earrings in the game.

Posted

I noticed a significant increase in damage and crowd control potential in PvP when I swapped to Red Coral Earrings. I play in EU though, where full evasion with centaur belt is pretty standard among high-end players. Red Coral Earrings gives the highest stat-budget on enhancement in the game, so if you get them to TRI or preferably TET, and assuming you're fighting players with at least some evasion, even as a Wizard or Witch there are no better earrings in the game.

this could be true, but i have a hard time letting go of my costly tungrades :/

Posted

Ofc i'm talking from the pvp perspective. I guess i will get myself 1xTri Red Coral and will check how big the diffrence is.

Posted

If you want to do some serious pvp red corals earrings is a must together with kzarka and bheg...at least one...

Posted

If you want to do some serious pvp red corals earrings is a must together with kzarka and bheg...at least one...

is must to have or you just go with accuracy offhand what is much cheaper.

Posted

this could be true, but i have a hard time letting go of my costly tungrades :/

U have so much ap already that i'm pretty sure more acc would be a significant boost in ur dps. If u think u need 250+ ap, there's something wrong obviously xD

Posted

Last time i tested. You can safely stack + 20-25 additional accuracy in addition to Kzarka, bhegs and Kutum (and guild buff if you got it) before starting to see diminishing returns..

So no RCE are not overkill, not even close..  If all you got is Kzarka and bhegs for accuracy it's not enough.

Posted (edited)

At level 60 with a TRI Karka, and against an enemy who has full TRI boss gear plus two evasion crystals in their helm but no other evasion, Bheg's + your main skills that have 30% accuracy will generally be enough to hit them (~90%). The moment someone equips a Centaur belt, Sicil, evasion offhand, has evasion passives or buffs (several classes), you will benefit from Red Coral Earrings, Tree belt, this sort of thing. Now consider that a large portion of Zerk/War/Valk/DK will be using Saiyer or Vangertz that both have a huge chunk of evasion. Consider that Sorc, Ninja, Kuno, Ranger all have significant ways to get evasion from buffs/addons/passives. Consider that almost all players run food or other buffs (housing etc) that give evasion. 

Personally I see RCEs as a low opportunity cost damage increase against the large portion of players who will be running some evasion on top of their boss gear. I'd even carry around a bronze dagger for the case that you run into a real evasion stacker because you will hard counter them. There are lots of ninjas out there now running Centaur + Tadd and they can easily hit 195 evasion with this setup *before* house and food buffs. 

This whole "wiz/witch don't need accuracy" thing is a joke. They just need less of it, and more than any other class can get away with not using their accuracy offhand in as many situations. 

Edited by Kutsuu
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

At level 60 with a TRI Karka, and against an enemy who has full TRI boss gear plus two evasion crystals in their helm but no other evasion, Bheg's + your main skills that have 30% accuracy will generally be enough to hit them (~90%). The moment someone equips a Centaur belt, Sicil, evasion offhand, has evasion passives or buffs (several classes), you will benefit from Red Coral Earrings, Tree belt, this sort of thing. Now consider that a large portion of Zerk/War/Valk/DK will be using Saiyer or Vangertz that both have a huge chunk of evasion. Consider that Sorc, Ninja, Kuno, Ranger all have significant ways to get evasion from buffs/addons/passives. Consider that almost all players run food or other buffs (housing etc) that give evasion. 

Personally I see RCEs as a low opportunity cost damage increase against the large portion of players who will be running some evasion on top of their boss gear. I'd even carry around a bronze dagger for the case that you run into a real evasion stacker because you will hard counter them. There are lots of ninjas out there now running Centaur + Tadd and they can easily hit 195 evasion with this setup *before* house and food buffs. 

This whole "wiz/witch don't need accuracy" thing is a joke. They just need less of it, and more than any other class can get away with not using their accuracy offhand in as many situations. 

I agree vastly with what you said but i want to make a small adjustment based on some testing i did..

At level 60 with a TRI Karka, and against an enemy who has full TRI boss gear plus two evasion crystals in their helm but no other evasion, Bheg's + your main skills that have 30% accuracy will generally be enough to hit them (~65-70%).

You don't have nearly as much accuracy as you think..

Edited by remilafo

Posted

U have so much ap already that i'm pretty sure more acc would be a significant boost in ur dps. If u think u need 250+ ap, there's something wrong obviously xD

u always need more ap! as time goes on, ppl get more dp, and now soon we may get another dp rebalance. Ap will always be a safe bet overall content and income <3

Posted

I agree vastly with what you said but i want to make a small adjustment based on some testing i did..

At level 60 with a TRI Karka, and against an enemy who has full TRI boss gear plus two evasion crystals in their helm but no other evasion, Bheg's + your main skills that have 30% accuracy will generally be enough to hit them (~65-70%).

You don't have nearly as much accuracy as you think..

I was talking about the skills that have a +30% accuracy bonus on them. You'll hit around 90% on those in the circumstances that I outlined. Testing has shown that .75 accuracy counters 1 evasion, so if you have 131 evasion (TRI boss + helm crystals) compared to 100 accuracy (60-zarka+10-bheg+30-skill) you're going to see a pretty high hit rate. 

There are other skills that don't have a 30% accuracy bonus which will hit that 65-70% that you outlined. 

Posted

Our flows have no accuracy bonus (except that little 10% for aqua bomb), don't forget about it guys.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

no.

No such thing as too much acc.

Edited by War
1 person likes this

Posted

It depends how you look at it.

accuracy give you the possibility to hit more but if you already have the necessary ap you will oneshot him regardless of some misses or not.

It is in the end an endless discussion because no one can give an accurate answer how it is calculated.

If AP = accuracy + human dmg

then it is better to stack up some more AP. The problem here is that you don't know the hidden numbers which one is better.

We also have this kind of thing for example the DP.

DP = DMG reduction + evasion

1 item holds more evasion then the other but people managed to get the numbers out of it using tools.

Regardless what you choose there aint a wrong choice which one to pick.

Posted

People who go off the spreadsheets will stack evasion dp not dr dp

DR has terrible scaling but makes players block stronger so warriors/valks/witches benifit from this but I still think evasion is the stronger dp stat 

Id reccomend at least 1 tri/tet rce, it's not that much of a loss in ap and you get quite a bit of accuracy from it

Posted

Our flows have no accuracy bonus (except that little 10% for aqua bomb), don't forget about it guys.

Would love to see that tested to be sure, it's still entirely possible that they carry over accuracy bonuses from the main skills like warrior's StD. Haven't had the motivation to figure out an accurate way to test it myself. 

People who go off the spreadsheets will stack evasion dp not dr dp

DR has terrible scaling but makes players block stronger so warriors/valks/witches benifit from this but I still think evasion is the stronger dp stat 

Id reccomend at least 1 tri/tet rce, it's not that much of a loss in ap and you get quite a bit of accuracy from it

Some Valkys testing fancy block stuff in their discord mentioned that all DP increases block durability, and that you can evade while blocking. When you evade a hit it doesn't take away from your block. So uhh... Well... Maybe evasion is just best in every way. 

1 person likes this

Posted

u always need more ap! as time goes on, ppl get more dp, and now soon we may get another dp rebalance. Ap will always be a safe bet overall content and income <3

Dp is part dr and evasion. So NO and no. Going ap is not a safe bet at all, especially on a class that already melt people with low ap.

Posted

Dp is part dr and evasion. So NO and no. Going ap is not a safe bet at all, especially on a class that already melt people with low ap.

Ap monkey kappa

Posted

well im full ap 253 and im doing just fine, and it benefits me more if i can play perfectly vs x class, and even better in pve where ap is king. But theres no reason to argue as you already have the answers!

Posted (edited)

well im full ap 253 and im doing just fine, and it benefits me more if i can play perfectly vs x class, and even better in pve where ap is king. But theres no reason to argue as you already have the answers!

I'm sure you would notice a dmg increase especially in sieges with 2xTRI/TET RCE compared to your tungrades though, your ult didn't hurt nearly as much as I expected vs my evasion build in one siege lol (and that skill doesn't even have a flow, and flows have 0% accuracy). It's not even a huge AP trade-off (: (especially considering you reach way above 300 AP fully buffed in a siege so it's a relatively laughable difference)

Edited by Robin Hoodlum

Posted

I'm sure you would notice a dmg increase especially in sieges with 2xTRI/TET RCE compared to your tungrades though, your ult didn't hurt nearly as much as I expected vs my evasion build in one siege lol (and that skill doesn't even have a flow, and flows have 0% accuracy). It's not even a huge AP trade-off (: (especially considering you reach way above 300 AP fully buffed in a siege so it's a relatively laughable difference)

Agreed, like I said taking the low opportunity cost accuracy is a win and RCEs fit that bill for sure.

Posted

vs any eva doods i do at times do less dmg yes, a fair tradeoff to pretty ap sheet. I wold love a tet rce or too as well, but one upgrade at a time!