• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Anyone else thinkthe dk awakening is...

35 posts in this topic

Posted

Very high damage , but kind of boring to play?  

I understand that many will love the class but maybe there are others here that feel the same way?

Posted

Of course you are not the only one. And I'm not the only one who sees musa boring for example.

Posted

I love it now I have to get good at it.  Still a little awkward for me. 

Posted

To me it feels like the dmg output of a witch/wizard, but with more mobility. Only thing it really lacks is HP sustain. I am having a blast with it so far, although I must admit I keep trying to use wheel of fortune (shift + F) while in awakening stance still. :/

Posted

To me it feels like the dmg output of a witch/wizard, but with more mobility. Only thing it really lacks is HP sustain. I am having a blast with it so far, although I must admit I keep trying to use wheel of fortune (shift + F) while in awakening stance still. :/

Every duel, I've pressed shift + f while awakened and died. Too many wheel of fortune flashbacks. 

Posted

Every duel, I've pressed shift + f while awakened and died. Too many wheel of fortune flashbacks. 

Glad to know i'm not the only one!

Posted

haha ive always had wheel on quick bar cause i use it to switch back into pre-awakend skill set

Posted

haha ive always had wheel on quick bar cause i use it to switch back into pre-awakend skill set

this

Posted

i also put wheel on quick bar yday but this doesnt make me forget shift + F muscle memory so easily XD... but i suppose you have been switching with WoF on quickbar since release of the game 9_9

Posted

As someone who mains a Maehwa, grinding on DK has been super fun for me.

1 person likes this

Posted

I've only selected 2 awakening skills so far, that resembled my regular attack style patterns the best.  All in all for the transfer between the two disciplines, I'd say that the damage doesn't seem worth the effort, for I can still decimate just as quickly with pre awakening.  I'm sure that will change with more successful upgrades on weapon and levels, etc.  But for now, I force myself to switch between constantly to develop new rhythms.  eh...awakening's alright, pretty cool actually.  

I can't wait for the game changes that allow us to awaken regular attacks.  I'll be putting the Vediant on the shelf.

Posted (edited)

I've only selected 2 awakening skills so far, that resembled my regular attack style patterns the best.  All in all for the transfer between the two disciplines, I'd say that the damage doesn't seem worth the effort, for I can still decimate just as quickly with pre awakening.  I'm sure that will change with more successful upgrades on weapon and levels, etc.  But for now, I force myself to switch between constantly to develop new rhythms.  eh...awakening's alright, pretty cool actually.  

I can't wait for the game changes that allow us to awaken regular attacks.  I'll be putting the Vediant on the shelf.

only thing worth switching to preawaken for is the block honestly

Edited by mjn

Posted

only thing worth switching to preawaken for is the block honestly

??? you have a block in awakening too.

Posted

I'd like to update.

So I removed a few points from combat tree, and applied more to the awakened.  I must say, it's a freaking nuke show.  Awakening DK is only awkward at first because you have to accept and adjust to the fact that you'll have to think as a ranged player.  

Ha!  wow....the damage is way better as awakened.  Develop your rhythms on easier mobs at first and watch the purple aoe bombs incinerate everything on your screen.  Now having said that, I still prefer the sword combat personally, which is why I'll be glad to awaken my own attacks with future updates.  But for now, I'll be full awakened, simply because the damage is too good.  There really is no reason to swap back to combat pre awakened for pve combat.  

I'm sure I'll get tired of the pink and purple bubbles blasting electric bubblegum everywhere, but for now...yea awakening is good.

1 person likes this

Posted

Im glad i took the chance on swapping mains before her awk was released. Im in love with this class xD

Posted (edited)

Damage doesn't  feel that high

Edited by trepX

Posted

Damage doesn't  feel that high

I'm lv57 at 200/202 ap, I 1 or 2 shot desert fogans.

1 person likes this

Posted

DK is receiving significantly way less damage than many other classes.

Tested with a lvl 58 DK with 263 DP | Musa lvl 60 273 DP | Zerker lvl 60 283 DP | Wizard lvl 60 273 DP

(no evasion items via crystals, jewelry etc.) 

(all members had full boss gear) 

(Approximately 50 rounds or trials were performed on each participant) (standing w/ No KD) (with KD)

Results:

The lvl 58 DK had a very consistent average about 150-250 more HP than the Wizard & Musa 

The DK had an average of 100-150 HP more than the Zerker

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to know if anyone else has done some experimenting and with other classes as this is what we had available at the time.

Posted

DK is receiving significantly way less damage than many other classes.

You mean more?

Posted

You mean more?

i think he means after the dmg was done, the dk ended up with more hp left than the other classes.

Posted

Not seeing the hype with DK, specifically with grind speed.  I was led to believe DK was top tier grind class, but all I see is average DMG skills with decent AOE on long cooldowns, and a spammable skill that's slow and dosn't hit hard when spammed. Too often I find myself moving on to the next pack of mobs only to get to them and notice all my skills are still on cooldown. Class is definitely not king of grind, when compared to Wiz/Witch and Sorc.

Posted

My damage seems substantially slower on the DK than my wiz (both at same level [58], both with same AP).  Is it because the wiz gets a lot more inherent accuracy, and I need to build around more?  (I have two witch earrings)

Posted

Maelwro, you might want to test with different mobs and with different levels of accuracy accessories. With low level (bashims) my DK lvl58, 215AP (Bhegs and 6 additional acc) comes pretty close to my lvl 60, 230AP wiz. If I would really time it, it might even surpass it due to wiz' long animation times (people often forget about this) and slower movement. I can well imagine that on higher level mobs the accuracy can make a big difference, though, depending on your gear.

btw, in terms of skills, I am usually going for the 3 AoEs plus flows, the gap closers and the wheel maybe followed by another non-awakened AoE if necessary. With that the cd is usually not an issue.

I do have a problem with mana consumption, though, and can imagine to be getting a problem due to lack of healing when fighting tougher mobs. But maybe that is all just practice.

Posted (edited)

i cant match my sorcs grind speed either at identical stats, DK is 3 lvls and many skill points behind though :P biggest problem is cooldowns of our heavy hitters but they all get reduced a little at higher skill lvls. Also I dont have the SP to max Wheel of Fortune or other preawakened skills that could be used to bridge the cooldown gap (i only got lunacy for this right now). I think it will be much better at higher lvls.

Edited by Alexiel

Posted

Insane dmg, just 1 or 2  skills, move to next mob, insane mobility, practically never stopping, even had moments where warriors weren't able to keep up along with other classes.

Class is just retarded strong, to make it better, finally able to blow up those *coughs*, witch/wiz that always said they were perfectly balance(mainly on wiz)