• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Farming needs a buff

41 posts in this topic

Posted

At the moment Farming is the ONLY ONE life skill require energy and it doesn't really reward you well, let's talk about it:

1. Passive Farming

People may say it's fair to cost energy cuz of afk farming but think about this, same time length, afk fishing/processing/trading can earn u much much more profit then crops, and the best thing guess what, they don't even need energy...

2. Active Farming

You will spend your energy fast like a jet (still take me 1 energy every 2 fix even Im artisan 2) and super time consuming (fixed prune/kill insect time can not be changed by any means), and the only big rewards you may get is random shards, sadly it's RNG based so your farming skill level don't give a shiit, If my goal is shards, I can just active gathering with lucky tool and spend same amount of energy for much higher qty of shards.

Suggestions

1. Farming skill level decrease your fix time

2. The higher the skill level the better the chance for obtaining shards

3. More tiers for crops, different tier crop requires different level of farming to plant

4. You can farm animals, live stocks and trees, and with different combinations, you can make then for imperial farming

5. If the energy requirement for farming still there, then please make it harder and fun, for example you can choose to do a mini game to havest/plant/grow crops in the same fence, If you success the mini game you will spend normal energy and get the reward (increase few %, instant prune/kill, super low chance instant get sharda etc...), If you fail the mini game, you will use double the energy needed and no rewards.

3 people like this

Posted

You can still put workers on gardens, preferably giants since they aren't actually 'doing' anything than draining their stamina, and they'll clean and tidy your farms so you're only harvesting and replanting.  You're basically getting multiple workers worth of 'passive farming' when 'active farming' when using top-quality crops. Using virtually none of the complained energy. (I don't have them working on mine since I want the larger amount of exp)

Trees would only be useful if you could get logs, otherwise workers are more efficient due to tool breakdown, and then it would be a little imbalanced since you'd have a supply of potential black powder just growing on your front lawn.

I've gotten 2 shards yesterday casually farming on 2 plots, RNG.

Posted (edited)

I am sorry but I cant agree that u dont get rewarded with farming. Plus in todays patch KR got a slight increase on hard/sharp rates.

Edited by Isteria
1 person likes this

Posted

You can still put workers on gardens, preferably giants since they aren't actually 'doing' anything than draining their stamina, and they'll clean and tidy your farms so you're only harvesting and replanting.  You're basically getting multiple workers worth of 'passive farming' when 'active farming' when using top-quality crops. Using virtually none of the complained energy. (I don't have them working on mine since I want the larger amount of exp)

Trees would only be useful if you could get logs, otherwise workers are more efficient due to tool breakdown, and then it would be a little imbalanced since you'd have a supply of potential black powder just growing on your front lawn.

I've gotten 2 shards yesterday casually farming on 2 plots, RNG.

This is what Im talking about, too RNG relying not your actually farming skills, while other life skills actually rewarding you something or giving you better outcome when you are at the high level. You see a farming noob with beginner level will have equal or better chance to obtain more shards than a high skill level farmer, this is not the way it suppose to be, If farming level doesn't matter why I have to invest so much time and energy into it? Also you mention workers, workers won't get ur skill exp won't get ur shards so it is not related to farming, "you can use worker" is not the benifit of leveling up your farming skill level at all.

I am sorry but I cant agree that u dont get rewarded with farming. Plus in todays patch KR got a slight increase on hard/sharp rates.

Any one can obtain equal or more shards than a high skill farmer, doesn't matter what's your farming skill level, this is the breaking point. With other life skills, you get better and better outcome from leveling up your skill level which is fair and the way it suppose to be, not like farming, when you are a artisan or master or even guru get facepalmed by some low level beginners who can obtain more shards than you. Let me ask you whats the benefit of leveling up farming skill?

Posted

Wait, doesn't gathering require energy too?

6 people like this

Posted

Wait, doesn't gathering require energy too?

Yep but Farming is the ONLY ONE life skill requires energy and reward you badly. Let's say gathering, the higher the skill level you have, the better the tools you can equip, the better the tools you have, the lesser gathering speed will be and higher the chance you will get to obtain rare items like shards. And I haven't mention there are tons of item/buff can help you faster/better your gathering speed/drop chance. So please tell me what's the benefit of leveling up Farming skill...

Posted

So please tell me what's the benefit of leveling up Farming skill...

You use less energy when farming...

1 person likes this

Posted

You use less energy when farming...

Yeah... that's right, one full rotation(prune/kill/harvest/breed) for 10x10 fences will still cost you 100 give or take energy even after you reach Artisan...

Posted

Suggestion number 1 sounds resonable. Farming does feel a bit lacking atm and getting the prune time down to somewhere in the 2 sec region at master would hardly be gamebreaking.

Farmer's clothes are the only life skill clothes that doesnt have any bonus on it apart from the extra life skill exp also so farming could use some overall fiddling to make it actually feel worth to lvl up.

Posted

Suggestion number 1 sounds resonable. Farming does feel a bit lacking atm and getting the prune time down to somewhere in the 2 sec region at master would hardly be gamebreaking.

Farmer's clothes are the only life skill clothes that doesnt have any bonus on it apart from the extra life skill exp also so farming could use some overall fiddling to make it actually feel worth to lvl up.

This

Posted (edited)

. Plus in todays patch KR got a slight increase on hard/sharp rates.

I been getting a Sharp like every 3 days and most of my plots are taken up by Haystacks so I spend very very little time pruning....

I wonder how often I'd get 'em with this KR buff and all my plots taken up with pepper/carrots?

@ the OP:   Shards isn't why I started farming ... getting "Fruits of XYZ" was and IMHO that's the ONLY thing that needs their droprates tweaked.  We're always getting way too many Spirits Leafs and not nearly enough Alchemy Fruits

Edited by iller

Posted

I been getting a Sharp like every 3 days and most of my plots are taken up by Haystacks so I spend very very little time pruning....

I wonder how often I'd get 'em with this KR buff and all my plots taken up with pepper/carrots?

@ the OP:   Shards isn't why I started farming ... getting "Fruits of XYZ" was and IMHO that's the ONLY thing that needs their droprates tweaked.  We're always getting way too many Spirits Leafs and not nearly enough Alchemy Fruits

You are right, but my focus is more shards related, about the Fruits of XYZ tho, I can manage to get 1 every 2-3 breeds.

1 person likes this

Posted

Farming skill definitely needs to increase chance of hards/sharps. Right now you rarely get them at all. It is ridiculous.

Posted

Farming skill definitely needs to increase chance of hards/sharps. Right now you rarely get them at all. It is ridiculous.

This.

Posted

I think using your workers to manage your garden means you miss out on xp gains by manually killing pests/pruning. Getting branch/leafs gives you a good xp hit.

My only bugbear is how slow the gathering/breeding is with no way to speed it up. I only have 41 slots which is pretty amateur but it still feels like a long time to do my usual process of:

1. Equip farmer clothes, release my lifeksill pets, pop a life skill elixir

2. Kill pests/prune every plant in every garden.

3. Go back to the first garden and either do some more pruning/kill pests then start breeding your plants until you get 10 seeds. Harvest the rest. Plant the seeds required to fill your gardne up.

4. Do step 3 for each garden.

5. Go back through your gardens for more prune/kill pests.

6. Go back to killing stuff.

I've been getting quite decent numbers of shards too - for the number of actions per shard it definitely feels like the drop rate is higher, imo.

Are we sure higher gathering skill = more shards? I've not noticed a difference.

Posted

I just dislike 2 things about farming which i also have some soltions:

Huge CP investment // Make at least the big one to 7 CP or lower. Its pure pain to throw 100 CP for this. (Also workers need logs which coast even more)

Poor seed breeding // Make minimum 2 seeds per breeding.

I dont think the rewards are poor, i keep 10 farms up and i can say its good as it is.  

Main reason for me was Alchemy. You rarely get the fruits out of market and farming is still the best source for them. Good side effects was then the shards.

Posted

I've been farming for almost a year now. Mainly because I like growing stuff and that type of simulators lol.

What the profession needs imo:

1. More features and mechanics to it, making it more fun and complex.

2. Farmers cloths decreasing prune&harvesting time, the same way other professions cloths work. Farmers cloths today only give EXP, so not even worth making them.

3. Lower the CP cost for fences slightly. For me it's no longer a problem, because got 320 CP and nothing else to spend it on. But for a newer player it involves a lot of sacrifices. You're missing out on crucial nodes if you start a farm. So it's not really profitable at all, because had you spend that CP on nodes+workers, you'd make more money.

4. Add some kind of perk or advantage tied to your farming level. Only noticeable thing it does is lowering the energy cost. According to rumours you also get more weeds9_9

5. Let alchemy stones and some food buff affect farming, the same way you can boost gathering or other professions.

Posted

massive CP sink

huge time investment to be efficient

0 gain from leveling the skill up (less energy consumption is hardly worth it, u get this for gathering too, as well as better and more loot)

this is why I turned all my fences in and invested in crates

Posted

I'm surprised no one mentioned the lack of experience gain from ACTUAL FARMING ACTIVITIES like breeding and harvesting, they give so little experience it's insulting, as a serious cook who farms for ingrdients, I've been farming 100 grains every few hours for months and got 2/3 skilled in 2 chars to show for, it's ridiculous.

2 people like this

Posted

Pump

Posted

How about stackable seeds btw? Could this PLEASE be added?

sunflower-seed-royalty-free-stock-image-

Posted

How about stackable seeds btw? Could this PLEASE be added?

sunflower-seed-royalty-free-stock-image-

This.

Posted

farming is really annoying, would never spend again CP into it.

high energy usage, no tools or clothes to speed up, breeding ridiculously low and not stacking, specific time window where you need to do things... all has been said here.

Posted

I'm surprised no one mentioned the lack of experience gain from ACTUAL FARMING ACTIVITIES like breeding and harvesting, they give so little experience it's insulting, as a serious cook who farms for ingrdients, I've been farming 100 grains every few hours for months and got 2/3 skilled in 2 chars to show for, it's ridiculous.

It is quite annoying that you only get good xp if you get branch/leaf/shards. I just want the breeding/harvesting time to reduce with clothes/increased skill.

Posted

There seems to be universal agreement on these things:

• CP cost is too high.
  • Hard/sharp drop rate is too low.
  • Higher skill doesn't have enough benefits.
  • Seeds need to stack
  • Farmer clothes need to be more helpful.

3 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0