• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

GenderLock is outdated

19 posts in this topic

Posted

The reason it took me a long time to come try the game out mainly gender-locking classes, it makes the game look cheap made like no effert was put into it i didn't even bother looking at the game after reading about that. This game seriously needs to have equal class's for both male and female characters, a player should be able to choose gender and race makes no sense to have such a profound character creation yet limit people on who and what they can play vs what class they might choose.

3 people like this

Posted

You get over it once you start playing. I had the same problems.

Remember your playing a Korean game. Its kind of in their culture to gender lock classes.

Posted (edited)

Remember your playing a Korean game. Its kind of in their culture to gender lock classes.

Not too sure where you got that idea, I am korean and played many korean games, it could be jut me but most of games (mostly RPG) that I played was not gender locked.  

but yes there is many games with gender locked but to be its wrong to say its "their" culture to gender lock classes.  but you know, I could be wrong XD.

and I do agree I (kinda) hated gender lock but I got used to it for some games and don't think its outdated especially story based games which BDO really isn't story based?
what i mean by story based is each char has different story xD.

Edited by japtic

Posted (edited)

It doesn't just happen with Korean games, some Japanese and Chinese games as well. It's a bit odd, in all honesty, but they already made the classes gender-locked and provided some with a male-female equivalent, so they can't really turn back now. As Pancake said, you kind of get over it after awhile because the combat's pretty fun. 

Edited by Kitsu289

Posted

ive been playing for about a week now and im enjoying the game, still making all the classes like they did with the Witch/Wizard was a good start at fixing the gender locking. I would perfer that anyways thats a whole new perspective to relative class distribution, just some of the other class's need the same treatment, just name the opposite sex class something different.

Posted (edited)

i was looking at the old school D&D prestige Class's and was thinking the Defiler would be an awesome twist to the game. they are a magic user that siphons life, power and strength from anything around them and converts that into a powerful blast, they also weaken the enemies they are fight by stealing attributes to boost their own dark magic.

Edited by TriggerHappy

Posted

I don't know about you people, but my issue is more the fact I'm forced to have breasts when i play as a female...
Where is the option for 'Remove Breasts' or the checkbox for 'Flat chested' ??????

It's all great for players who wish to enlarge their chest size, having the slider there, but i really wish i could remove mine all together >_>

I guess in a way, having the option to play a Male Sorceress would instantly fix my problem... so +1 - Remove Genderlock!!!

Posted (edited)

Yes, remove gender lock please or create a counterpart for every class, it would make sense and it would be fair to give people the possibility to play their favorite class with the gender of their choice.

Edited by eitheldin

Posted (edited)

I don't know about you people, but my issue is more the fact I'm forced to have breasts when i play as a female...

Why?

You want to play breastless woman or do you want to play male-only?
Not sure xD

Edited by DarkBever

Posted

Why?
You want to play breastless woman or do you want to play male-only?
Not sure xD

Would prefer a breastless woman, but a male would probably be better for me, because i assume the clothing would be a lot more pleasing.

Posted

The reason it took me a long time to come try the game out mainly gender-locking classes, it makes the game look cheap made like no effert was put into it i didn't even bother looking at the game after reading about that. This game seriously needs to have equal class's for both male and female characters, a player should be able to choose gender and race makes no sense to have such a profound character creation yet limit people on who and what they can play vs what class they might choose.

Sorry sorry, I know this comes as very late on (im making something of an unremarkable return after yet another hiatus and boring myself with forum chatter until the 21gb of patches finish downloading) and I really dont want to come across as dismissive but... well. It is as they say; their house their rules. If, as you say, you read about the gender lock and this utterly convinced you that not only was the game cheaply made with no effort in, and that it put you off looking at _anything_ else about it until now, then that speaks more about you than the devs. Every game outside of mmo has gender locked characters (okay elder scrolls doesnt, maybe one or two more that i dont know about, im not a walking library, but if anybugger tries rubbing two examples in my face i will bury a them in a thousand examples which prove my point) and even games in develpment right now still have gender locked characters. if you want to play those games you have to play as the big burly guy with huge beard, or the slim waif of a hip wiggler who can kick someones solar plexus out through their arse through a bulletproof vest. Up to now the only person its ever hurt the feelings of in the history of gaming is anita sarkeesian, and unless you have a friend with a steamroller you dont have much chance of sinking to that level.

Maybe im just butthurt because i dont get my dark knight because im one of those rare types who wont pretend to be a woman to get free stuff (and to hell with the argument of "well if i have to look at a characters backside all the time" STOP PERVING ON YOUR OWN ARSE ITS SAD) or maybe im completely taking your suggestion out of context because i started talking about ALL games and you were referring directly to classes on games such as this (even then its not a first, tera also has gender locked classes, the gunner and the.. erm.. one with the fists, i forget, and the pedotrap one that you can only play as a ravager if you play as her, yeah that one) But thats just the gender bit. The race bit, on the other hand. You are asking them to redesign and rewrite the given backstory of all the classes, which are race based by the way, all new character models, movements, armours (though admittedly with female armour thats more a case of removing armour than changing it) all of which would add up to quite a bit of work, entirely for free. to keep the minority of the minority of the minority of the player base happy. Who may or may not decide the game isnt for them for entirely different and unrelated reasons a week later. Unless you just write in something akin to the game shrugging its shoulders and say, oh some giants decided to train the pre-teen tamers how to dual wield massive axes and one handed slam things into the deck one day, amen. Now that would definitely be cheap.

Now to make my tangeant clear; theres nothing wrong with your suggestion, and if the game were still in developmental phases then id back this too, but its not. This is the game, and the devs are busy every day making it run smoother, balancing it, bugfixes, addons, not to mention the self flagillation that is trying to optimise it for ps4 (good bloody luck). As folk have said, its just something you get used to. No harm no foul, eh?

Posted

their game, if you don't like it your not forced to play it.

Posted (edited)

to keep the minority of the minority of the minority of the player base happy

Do you have numbers?

their game, if you don't like it your not forced to play it.

Their game yes but they listen to suggestions anyway, they made a young wizard cause some people asked for it so why not making a counterpart for every class, which would make a lot of people happy, since gender lock seems to be such a big taboo...

Edited by eitheldin

Posted

Their game yes but they listen to suggestions anyway, they made a young wizard cause some people asked for it so why not making a counterpart for every class, which would make a lot of people happy, since gender lock seems to be such a big taboo...

good job typing something I didn't put to make it look like I did , On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2017‎ ‎3‎:‎28‎:‎44‎, RelaxitsaGame said:

never said that, anyways, yea but just because some people cry and complain doesn't mean they will get what they want, always want want want instead of just enjoying what there is available.

Posted (edited)

apparently my post was taken as whiny or needy, that was taken WAY out of Context, so ill DUMB it down some, basically every argument this clown made, kinda made me laugh because thats really all its good for at this point, suggestions for improvements are just that and for you to criticize someone for throwing out some ideals to make the game more appealing to other crowds besides these trolling over-opinionated forum lurkers, we always run into while trying to make a valid point, i have played many games that do not have gender locking, and to be honest they are great games that i still play,  i have played maybe 4 that do have gender lock, i did not stay with those games for more than 2-3 months each because they are VERY boring and lacks luster, and as i said before, my experience i had with those made me shy away from even trying this one. Yes you can name off many games that gender lock, most of them are Cheaply designed repetitive most of them are replica's with slight changes...nothing at all to hold any real interest. BDO like a few other games on the market has something a little different and expanding outside the close minded ideals your clinging too is why games only last 3-4 years, But for any game on the market to survive they MUST evolve or fade out like other failed games. Look at the Old games that have been on the market longer than 10 years how much they adapt to changes and constantly add content and most have changed game mechanics constantly to maintain the player / customer base, granted most of the Korean games ive played don't last long because they refuse to adapt to changing game cultures.

Edited by TriggerHappy
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

RelaxitsaGame: My two quotes got merged for some reason, I guess I did something wrong, I don't know, that was for Clunkety anyway. Sorry about that.

Anyway, it's not "some" people and no one is crying, a lot of posts are about gender lock, missing counterpart for every class and lack of male classes cause people feel like that aspect of the game should be fixed to get a big improvement. It's a good game in many ways, it would be great if they listened and fixed the gender issue. My opinion.

Edited by eitheldin

Posted

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Posted

good job typing something I didn't put to make it look like I did , On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2017‎ ‎3‎:‎28‎:‎44‎, RelaxitsaGame said:

never said that, anyways, yea but just because some people cry and complain doesn't mean they will get what they want, always want want want instead of just enjoying what there is available.

That's a very defeatist attitude you have there, why should people settle for just what is present if they could work towards something better? I understand the desire to appreciate the now, and you can do that, but it doesn't mean you have to stop moving forward as well. Abolishing gender lock in bdo is a desirable endeavor, so why not pursue it? Best case scenario things become more enjoyable, worst case nothing changes and you can still enjoy what is to be had, there's no reason to be discouraged. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Gender locking the classes is really a idiotic move because their player base will suffer for it no matter how good the game is. BDO should have had the number of players it has today on launch but due to the gender locked classes many, many people bailed.