• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Can we make Latent Aura Quests repeatable?

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Title. As someone who's had extremely bad luck with boss weapon boxes, I've already used up my auras for Ninja Weapons. With the announcement of Striker coming soon, and a mystery third class being announced, I think it's reasonable to suggest that the Latent Aura quest should become repeatable as opposed to simply being account bound. Thoughts? Any reason this could be seen as a negative?

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

I've thought about that too by trying to understand why they aren't already designed to be repeatable.

Those aura quests might be originally put into the game to help players acquire their first Kzarka/ Dande weapon when the boss was just added.

In other words, the weapon box exchanged through aura was meant to serve a functional purpose instead of being a means of income.

Suppose that's PA's intention behind aura quests, chances are they also balanced the drop rates and values of these weapons accordingly.

Now back to your suggestion on making these quests repeatable.

I do think it's a nice addition to continously encourage players to do world bosses, especially those who already have the gear and no longer need that "first drop to start it off".

If these aura quests are ever to be repeatable, diminishing returns should be introduced to auras.

For example, the first box is 100 auras, second one is 180 auras, third one is 280 auras, and so on.

This will serve the purpose of creating the least amount of shock in marketplace (there are players with hundreds of auras stored), as well as making auras feel revelant again for everybody.

Edited by Rinshiki
3 people like this

Posted

For example, the first box is 100 auras, second one is 180 auras, third one is 280 auras, and so on.

This will serve the purpose of creating the least amoung of shock in marketplace (there are players with hundreds of auras stored), as well as making auras feel revelant again for everybody.

I really like this idea. 

3 people like this

Posted

Should just be once a year repeatable

Posted (edited)

I've thought about that too by trying to understand why they aren't already designed to be repeatable.

Those aura quests might be originally put into the game to help players acquire their first Kzarka/ Dande weapon when the boss was just added.

In other words, the weapon box exchanged through aura was meant to serve a functional purpose instead of being a means of income.

Suppose that's PA's intention behind aura quests, chances are they also balanced the drop rates and values of these weapons accordingly.

Now back to your suggestion on making these quests repeatable.

I do think it's a nice addition to continously encourage players to do world bosses, especially those who already have the gear and no longer need that "first drop to start it off".

If these aura quests are ever to be repeatable, diminishing returns should be introduced to auras.

This will serve the purpose of creating the least amount of shock in marketplace (there are players with hundreds of auras stored), as well as making auras feel revelant again for everybody.

Honestly... all these free accesoire gifts from events are shocking the market way more, time and time again. So these additional boss weapons shouldn't make much of a difference. I've been hunting Kzarka for around 5-6 months now every day and aquired around 265 auras. That's 1 additional boss box aside from the first exchange.

Edited by Medra

Posted

It takes 3 - 6 months to collect 100 auras so I really don't see a problem with it being repeatable. If anything, it's depressing to look at the extra 100 auras I have in my inventory that are now useless.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I would love it if the quests was made repeatable. Would be a bit of a encouragement to know I will sooner or later get a weapon box with the auras.

Edited by Clowy

Posted (edited)

Honestly... all these free accesoire gifts from events are shocking the market way more, time and time again. So these additional boss weapons shouldn't make much of a difference. I've been hunting Kzarka for around 5-6 months now every day and aquired around 265 auras. That's 1 additional boss box aside from the first exchange.

That's not relevant.

Unless you think a big % of people are keeping their Accessories without trying to upgrade, by design 50% off all accessories will disappear on Successful enhancements, 100% of accessories disappear on Failures.

Only reason Tungrade Earrings haven't fully recovered is because not everyone wants to dump an extra 50 Mil for what amounts to an extra 2 AP TOTAL and not everyone is at the level of needing to work on these.

Look at witches/ marks of shadow. They are available for every single 'loot' box given out, yet we still see witches swing from 7-8 mil to 10-12 mil. 

look at Manos Ruby Necks stuck at 20 mil with an "endless" supply when in fact they dipped down to 15 mil as I was buying them up than.

The only time you will see a "saturation" of accessories is when a big percentage of us are sitting on Tet/ Pen accessories and thus have nothing left to work on.

It's actually a pretty genius/ brilliant design.

Edited by Pavo

Posted

I have an idea ,or two.1st they can exclude people who completed aura quests from auras loot tables.Probably that won't be so easy.The other way to deal with this is to make the auras exchangeable for silver or gold bars(100 auras for 100g bar example since the weapon on its own is around 95 mill),or at least make them sellable to shops.As it is i already completed Kzarka and Karanda aura quests got 4 Kara auras since(not to mention i finished the kzarka like 1 month ago and already have 93....) .This is ridiculous.Should i start throwing them into the garbage ?I mean this is total nonsense at this point.

Posted

They're means for you to aquire a weapon even if you're unlucky with the box itself. Slowly but slowly you can get it.

Wait for the introduction of a weapon swap coupon :D .

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0