• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is Striker going to be more OP than DK/Wiz/Witch?

32 posts in this topic

Posted

Thinking about rerolling to Striker and name him Snow, what I want to know is, will Striker be the next OP class or is this going to be another Kuno/Ninja?  Will Wizards/Witches run away from their grinding spots when they see a Striker?

Posted

Pretty sure the new classes will be OP.

Take a look at DK.
This class milked the players so hard.

PA must be ignorant if they make the new classes weak.

You have to imagine how much money a new class will be. Inventory, Weight, Costumes, maybe Art. Mem for new weapons to upgrade etc...

Can´t really imagine that they make them weak.

1 person likes this

Posted

let me look into my crystal balls

/s

class was announced, and its not even playable yet

2 people like this

Posted

But when Maehwa/Musa/Ninja/Kuno first came out they were SHIT.

Then there came the awakening, and the first class to get awk was Warrior and he was INSANELY OP by then standard. Then followed by Zerk and Sorc awk and those 2 were ----ing OP as well. So naturally ppl would think that every class would become OP when they get their awk but look what happened to ranger/Valk/Tamer, those 3 have SHIT awk.

So u never know what will happen until it happens.

Posted

Striker is okay, Freedom is the class I'm really looking into it.

Also after the awakening of Freedom, it shall be Strike Freedom which is even more OP.

Posted

2 things...  First of all I bet you $5 Snow is already taken.  Secondly, you asking if a close range class is going to be OP, most likely no, unless they have ungodly amounts of stuns, grabs, and knockdowns, which may be the case as it would fit the class, otherwise people are going tp probably melt you before you get in range.

This is speculation based on the class archetype in general.

2 people like this

Posted

Op or not i am declaring my intent to main striker.

Posted

2 things...  First of all I bet you $5 Snow is already taken.  Secondly, you asking if a close range class is going to be OP, most likely no, unless they have ungodly amounts of stuns, grabs, and knockdowns, which may be the case as it would fit the class, otherwise people are going tp probably melt you before you get in range.

This is speculation based on the class archetype in general.

Most likely this ^

1 person likes this

Posted

So Striker dead class, no point leveling it, another Kunoichi/Ninja class that needs buffs to be playable? is that what your saying?

Posted

Then there came the awakening, and the first class to get awk was Warrior and he was INSANELY OP by then standard. Then followed by Zerk and Sorc awk and those 2 were ----ing OP as well. So naturally ppl would think that every class would become OP when they get their awk but look what happened to ranger/Valk/Tamer, those 3 have SHIT awk.

Calling bullshit here... Ranger awakening was maybe bit on a weaker side on relase, but it got overbuffed AF very fast and stayed as the most broken shit till several turns of nerfs and wizard awakening came...

But yeah valk was unlucky event...

Posted

i dont think he gonna be op... no tits or sexy ass, you cant be op without weps and empty hand.

Posted

Unless they give Striker ridiculous mobility, defense or extreme dmg multipliers i'm not expecting it to be OP. The concept of Striker is harder to make OP than a ranged class like Wizard/Witch or hybrid like DK.

Posted

First of all you can't compare EU/NA versions because we got the post-nerf versions of all those classes. Also the class releases in KR were in an entirely different order.

Secondly, Ranger awakening shit? When it came out in KR it was considered god tier. When it came out in EU/NA it was considered god tier.

Posted (edited)

Nah ranger awk is pure garbage nobody signed up for a melee class in the first place

At ranger awk release there were only 4 classes that actually have an awk so ranger was OP by that time no doubt but after every class got their awk ranger's is among the worst.

It's funny the way ranger got nerfed was most of her useful bow skills got heavy nerf but her garbage awk skills basically stayed put. The shotgun does like 1/2 damage compared to before nerf. Also the biggest hit she took was they reduced the number of arrows from her Ultimate Descending current that was the main skill I used to get kills I could feel how badly it got nerfed. Before the nerf I was constantly getting a 2:1 kill ratio at siege then after the nerf I couldn't kill anyone with that skill anymore even with 240AP, so I had to fight up close and fighting at melee range with ranger is like one way ticket to hell.

I have no idea what the devs were smoking but u can't nerf her bow skills she's a ranger she's not meant to fight up close they could have nerfed her garbage melee skills instead... 

Edited by FapperJack

Posted

Musa is more OP than DK/Wiz/Witch ,  but no one talk about that..

Posted

It is a melee class so it will be OP in 1v1 only, I suppose.

I'm going to give it a serious go though because I want to name my Striker BruceJennerLee.

Posted

dont think so cuz he has no weapon, he only fights with his hands

Posted (edited)

dont think so cuz he has no weapon, he only fights with his hands

And chi blasts, and an awakening weapon that looks like energy gloves, and probably an over the top mobility.

Technically, the only real weapon of a wizard is his dagger. It's not because Striker has no weapons that he can't be OP.

Because magic.

Edited by Capitaine Courage

Posted

Will Striker be more OP than Wiz, Witch and DK? will Dwarf be more OP than Striker, Wiz, Witch and DK? will Paladin be more OP than Wiz, Witch, DK, Striker and Dwarf? will Dark Crusader be more OP than wiz, witch, dk, striker, dwarf and paladin? will my grandma be more OP than wiz, witch, dk, striker, dwarf, paladin and dark crusader?

Soon to be seen on the next episode of Rumor-ational Channel (?)

Also you're a weeabo for calling a brawler Snow like the character of FFXIV, which was one of the worst FF's ever released.

1 person likes this

Posted

It will be the most balanced

Posted (edited)

No he won't, fighters fight, fighting is risky. Wizard is that way ----------->

Good luck casting a spell after you have been kicked/punched in the liver.

bill-cosby-face.jpg

Edited by Beeso

Posted

New classes in games are always OP to start. It helps draw players to them, they spend money, the works.

How they "nerf" them is always the question, though.

Sooo expect it to be OP.

Posted

Musa is more OP than DK/Wiz/Witch ,  but no one talk about that..

git gud. Ain't nothing op about musa besides it's dash. Crust crusher is slow as molasses and has frontal guard, easily countered or avoidable. Foul play is even easier.

Posted

Will Striker be more OP than Wiz, Witch and DK? will Dwarf be more OP than Striker, Wiz, Witch and DK? will Paladin be more OP than Wiz, Witch, DK, Striker and Dwarf? will Dark Crusader be more OP than wiz, witch, dk, striker, dwarf and paladin? will my grandma be more OP than wiz, witch, dk, striker, dwarf, paladin and dark crusader?

Soon to be seen on the next episode of Rumor-ational Channel (?)

Also you're a weeabo for calling a brawler Snow like the character of FFXIV, which was one of the worst FF's ever released.

Um.. Did you even watch the Striker Preview and play FFXIII, The Striker is literally Snow lol.

Posted

I like the Striker pretty sure it will have blocks and grabs with super armor and frontal block just wondering though at 49 sec into the preview is that a trinket he's got??...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0