• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How much have you spent?

How much have you spent?   323 votes

1. 1. How much USD have you spent on the pearl shop? (Not including the game itself)

• $0 USD
    • $1-20USD
    • $20-50USD
    • $50-100USD
    • $100-150USD
    • $150-200USD
    • $200-250USD
    • $250-300USD
    • $300-400USD
    • $>400USD

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

144 posts in this topic

Posted

Pretty clear anymore interaction with you will be a pointless, endless circle. Carry on. 

Well. I suppose it's good you know when you're losing an argument. Good boy♥.

Posted

Why can't people just live and let live?

I buy my Maehwa a £30 awesome costume.

I buy my (definitely not make believe) girlfriend a £30 set of awesome underwear.

I get to see 2 hawt girls in hawt stuff. I enjoy both. One doesn't nag me and obeys my every command..

Win/Win.

Whether you want to buy a £9 virtual cat or a £9 macdonalds is everyones individual decision. Don't h8.

2 people like this

Posted

Why can't people just live and let live?

I buy my Maehwa a £30 awesome costume.

I buy my (definitely not make believe) girlfriend a £30 set of awesome underwear.

I get to see 2 hawt girls in hawt stuff. I enjoy both. One doesn't nag me and obeys my every command..

Win/Win.

Whether you want to buy a £9 virtual cat or a £9 macdonalds is everyones individual decision. Don't h8.

preach

1 person likes this

Posted

Beyond initial game purchase - nothing. And it was already way too much for a game which keep me disconnected for days and weeks.

Posted

Embarrassed to say wife and I combined we total about 11k usd

Image result for ohmygod gif

Posted

All this money spent and the servers are still trash.

1 person likes this

Posted

These results blow my mind.

Posted

$700 since launch I'd say. I'm not ****ing proud about it either. I hate this game's cash shop and will move on the moment a game of similar quality with less infuriating systems all over the place comes along. At the moment I'm probably just going to hop to Star Citizen the moment they give me something to hop to >_>.

Posted (edited)

I spent more than 500 already the game, top-up 100USD each time I buy  pearls specially for costume, pets and extra weight

Edited by Rvyne

Posted

$400? 

I spent that before i even started playing

Posted

From day 1 i am at about 1.800€ >.<

Posted

From day 1 i am at about 1.800€ >.<

:P are you serious?

Posted

:P are you serious?

Yeah just checking my purchase history. It makes me sick.

(thinking: what about electricity bill .... sh.it i am over 2.4k deep in this.)

Posted

Yeah just checking my purchase history. It makes me sick.

(thinking: what about electricity bill .... sh.it i am over 2.4k deep in this.)

I already feeling bad top-up again for 100 USD 2 days ago and you are good spending that much in your first day in MMORPG games lol... Even during first few months on Archeage days I waited til I feel liking the games and committed in wasting time on it before spending bucks although I that time too i been spending average of 50-100 USD on every other month too

Posted

I already feeling bad top-up again for 100 USD 2 days ago and you are good spending that much in your first day in MMORPG games lol... Even during first few months on Archeage days I waited til I feel liking the games and committed in wasting time on it before spending bucks although I that time too i been spending average of 50-100 USD on every other month too

yea ... most of the money went for weight increase/custumes and pets to t4 alone costed me at least 400€ ....

Posted

A poor guy has try my best....

Posted

All this money spent and the servers are still trash.

servers are fine. your network is trash.

Posted

he said 35$ is expensive entertainement , I showed him it's not.

Just a difference of opinions, kinda pointless to make such comparisons when no side is wrong.

But there are developers who think exactly like you who push and fight agaisnt this tide that you yourself don't go along with. Clearly us who spend money on games don't have much of a problem for the most part. Why not play games by developers that share a common view?

If it really comes down to it, why not become a developer yourself and create something you feel is correct?

Why fight to change something that isn't for you, yet clearly works out for others?

I came to this question a long time ago. I challenged it and created my solution.
I've been following that trend for years now.
If there is something I don't like, I create/find my path around, through or away from it.

If and when there are games that are too crazy as far as cash shop is concerned, do you know what I do?
I don't spend on them and or I don't play them.

Doesnt seem to be that many similar-thinkers left in the mmo genre.

If ppl like me left the game wouldnt work out for others because BDO like most other mmos out there depends on having a large enough playerbase.

I voice my concerns and make sure that my spendings reflect the value I feel this game deserves. Cant do much else.

About the career change suggestion. I feel like that would be impossible in a way like it would be impossible to write a good book that you could enjoy yourself.

So you would have us not spend ANY money so that in the future the numbers of games like BDO decreases as the market shrinks and the number of FIFA/COD type games increase due to their popularity with casual games. Or would you have us only spend money on games that you like? I can't speak for others, but I spend money on games I enjoy, if this pisses people off then it's equally as fun knowing that my spread of wealth is causing someone distress over the internet. 

Did I say that you shouldnt spend ANY money? Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

On a serious note though. I just think that spending 3-5k on 1 game in a year is missrepresenting the games quality. Even if you think BDO is a great game I doubt that it is 500 times better than any other game.

Posted (edited)

That depends entirely on what you compare with. Most ppl compare games to games and not to golf, scuba-diving or rallycars.

What other game have you played that cost you 26$/month or more? Personally I have not played something that expensive ever in my life.

So if you are accustomed to only paying $15 for restaurant meals do you think all restaurants should only charge $15?  It's my view that if people think the game is too inconvenient without spending the money and they don't think it's worth spending the money then they should play some other cheaper game. 

I play about 240 hours of BDO per month and only spend about 30 dollars per month on the cash shop (in fact I haven't spent anything the past two months).  I read about 24 hours per month and that cost me over $40 per month (often it's way higher than that because I read mostly non-fiction books).  From my perspective BDO is an extremely cheep form of entertainment even with the cash shop.

Its my feeling that if you want to make an accurate comparison you need to compare the entertainment value you get from it.  It's not about what you do but how much you enjoy what you do. 

BTW, when I played EVE Online I had 5 account subscriptions and often purchased in-game currency so the monthly cost to me was around $65 which is way more than what I pay for BDO to get what I feel is the same entertainment value.

Edited by ronniejw
2 people like this

Posted

Spent about 900$ ish by now. However I quit enchanting and noticed I am not buying anything anymore except val pack once a month. So I learned enchanting is cancer and causes me to waste money on the game. But not anymore, ill save and continue to save and attempt to snipe from the market instead of doing the 600m gold sink  and 20-30$ to end up worse than I was before i started.

Posted

Doesnt seem to be that many similar-thinkers left in the mmo genre.

That's an excuse. Do you think Pearl Abyss got where they are at with excuses? Ark Survival? Player Unknowns Battlegrounds? Who recently hit their 100 thousandth purchase recently?
You want something, create it. No one can meet your expectations, you can only attempt to fulfill them yourself or lower the bar, and even then, it will never feel like it's enough.

If ppl like me left the game wouldnt work out for others because BDO like most other mmos out there depends on having a large enough playerbase.

I'm going to call bullshit on this. But if you can provide sources, information, statistics, and data to back this claim, i'll consider it.
The game doesn't require a whole thwack of people to help it function. "Large Enough" in comparison to what? 3000 would be large enough, and as it stands the game is far surpassed that. 

I voice my concerns and make sure that my spendings reflect the value I feel this game deserves. Cant do much else.

But that's your opinion. You have no right to tell us who spend more than you do that we are wrong for spending money we earned, not you. You have your own opinions about the game that i could frankly? give 0 shits about, because i have my own crafted opinion of the game that has been crafted since i started playing it YEARS ago through a vpn on the kr servers.

About the career change suggestion. I feel like that would be impossible in a way like it would be impossible to write a good book that you could enjoy yourself.

Well if you aren't willing to do what it takes to get what you want, that's on you. Don't take it out on us who are doing what we enjoy. Sorry but you just don't have that right. Granted you can do whatever the hell you want at the end of the day but in my eyes? Who the hell are you to tell me, us, what is right for our money or not. If we want to pay to -----ing win we have every right to do that because it's OUR money. We spent time doing whatever the ----- it is getting it, thus we have the right to spend it on whatever the ----- we want, regardless of how collectively immoral it seems to others. It isn't your money. 

So if you are accustomed to only paying $15 for restaurant meals do you think all restaurants should only charge $15?  It's my view that if people think the game is too inconvenient without spending the money and they don't think it's worth spending the money then they should play some other cheaper game. 

I play about 240 hours of BDO per month and only spend about 30 dollars per month on the cash shop (in fact I haven't spent anything the past two months).  I read about 24 hours per month and that cost me over $40 per month (often it's way higher than that because I read mostly non-fiction books).  From my perspective BDO is an extremely cheep form of entertainment even with the cash shop.

Its my feeling that if you want to make an accurate comparison you need to compare the entertainment value you get from it.  It's not about what you do but how much you enjoy what you do. 

BTW, when I played EVE Online I had 5 account subscriptions and often purchased in-game currency so the monthly cost to me was around $65 which is way more than what I pay for BDO to get what I feel is the same entertainment value.

^

I play airsoft as a hobby as well. Very high end airsoft.
If you took my top 3 most used airsoft guns and added their combined cost to date together, it'd be well over 7 grand by now.
If taking into account how much i spend on even playing at fields, it'd be well over 5 grand including travel expenses, etc.

To date i've spent more on airsoft than bdo but none of that even matters because it's what brings me joy.

Posted

^

I play airsoft as a hobby as well. Very high end airsoft.
If you took my top 3 most used airsoft guns and added their combined cost to date together, it'd be well over 7 grand by now.
If taking into account how much i spend on even playing at fields, it'd be well over 5 grand including travel expenses, etc.

To date i've spent more on airsoft than bdo but none of that even matters because it's what brings me joy.

cocaine and AA hookers are way more expensive anyway, BDO is like buying McDonalds once per month. 
I wonder if those people that complains BDO is expensive don't just live in cardboard boxes on the street and leech off a public wifi to play, you never know.

you know , priorities sometimes . * shrugs *

Posted

cocaine and AA hookers are way more expensive anyway, BDO is like buying McDonalds once per month. 
I wonder if those people that complains BDO is expensive don't just live in cardboard boxes on the street and leech off a public wifi to play, you never know.

you know , priorities sometimes . * shrugs *

Amen

Posted

To keep with that example. Lets say I paid 15$ per meal on my fav restaurant. Few years go buy, I move to another city, try out a few restaurants there, they all charge 25$ or more per meal and none of them quite live up to the standards of my 'ol fav from back home.

My reaction would be to not go out and eat at restaurants that often and by that spending less money than I did a few years back. Thats exactly what I do in BDO aswell by the way.

I cant rly think of any way to add BDOs inconvenience into this example without it getting ridiculus. Put all food stores on an island and offer rowboats for a fee?

Oh, and guess what I would be telling my friends? "The restaurants around here arent very good. They are pricier than xxx and I think the food at xxx was better"

Regarding "Its my feeling that if you want to make an accurate comparison you need to compare the entertainment value you get from it."

For me gaming has always had a very good money 2 entertainment ratio but if the required money investment is going to skyrocket to a 100 times or more above what it was just a few years ago thats no longer going to be the case.

In the current era of DLCs and unfinished game releases I see it as a good thing to try and preserve the things I like about gaming.

That's an excuse. Do you think Pearl Abyss got where they are at with excuses? Ark Survival? Player Unknowns Battlegrounds? Who recently hit their 100 thousandth purchase recently?
You want something, create it. No one can meet your expectations, you can only attempt to fulfill them yourself or lower the bar, and even then, it will never feel like it's enough.

I'm going to call bullshit on this. But if you can provide sources, information, statistics, and data to back this claim, i'll consider it.
The game doesn't require a whole thwack of people to help it function. "Large Enough" in comparison to what? 3000 would be large enough, and as it stands the game is far surpassed that. 

But that's your opinion. You have no right to tell us who spend more than you do that we are wrong for spending money we earned, not you. You have your own opinions about the game that i could frankly? give 0 shits about, because i have my own crafted opinion of the game that has been crafted since i started playing it YEARS ago through a vpn on the kr servers.

Well if you aren't willing to do what it takes to get what you want, that's on you. Don't take it out on us who are doing what we enjoy. Sorry but you just don't have that right. Granted you can do whatever the hell you want at the end of the day but in my eyes? Who the hell are you to tell me, us, what is right for our money or not. If we want to pay to -----ing win we have every right to do that because it's OUR money. We spent time doing whatever the ----- it is getting it, thus we have the right to spend it on whatever the ----- we want, regardless of how collectively immoral it seems to others. It isn't your money.

Ridiculus example. Even if some1 loves to play hide and seek they simply cant play it alone no matter how hard they try.

Its a very hard thing to provide evidence for but I can provide some statements that suggest it might be like that:

• If every1 was rich and bought whatever they wanted from the pearl store no1 would be buying the pearl items that get put on the marketplace.
  • Other MMOS have had its gameplay suffer due to lack of players for group content (maybe BDO will work as a single player/non-massiveMO experience though...)
  • The lower the population gets the more dependant the game becomes on having set times for multiplayer activities such as node wars, world bosses etc.

Using "ppl like me" was a bit unwise when the point I was trying to put forward was that mmos do suffer when they start losing population and segregating the population further by having "money tiers" tend to increase the population decline.

If I believe that, what you are doing is bad for the future games that I might be interested in, I have no right to tell you that? I disagree. You are ofc free to give your nonexistant shits to any1 you please, at least those arent having any effect on my future gaming.

My initial reaction was that your post was very entitled but I think the correct feeling I get from you is "reality distant". Not sure if its a case of "just dont care" or if its gotten to the point of you actually not being able to put yourself into others positions. Your post is a lot like those angry rants that pop up from time to time about the pearlshop being expensive and that almost no1 can afford to buy anything etc. just at the other end of the spectrum.

You seem to at least be aware that your spendings could be seen as collectively immoral so maybe there is still hope for my future gaming.

Posted

20 on 2 pets, get on my level ( ° ͜ ʖ °) 

The costumes i have on my characters i bought through the marketplace, same with 1 of my pets so there hasn't been a need to shell out more cash.

I possibly want to get a maid and most if not all of the weight at some point.