• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How much have you spent?

How much have you spent?   323 votes

1. 1. How much USD have you spent on the pearl shop? (Not including the game itself)

• $0 USD
    • $1-20USD
    • $20-50USD
    • $50-100USD
    • $100-150USD
    • $150-200USD
    • $200-250USD
    • $250-300USD
    • $300-400USD
    • $>400USD

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

144 posts in this topic

Posted

everyone has their hobbies right?  some people spend thousands a year rebuilding classic cars or over a hundred dollars a week going to bars trying to pick up girls.   Some people collect expensive art etc.  At some point in your life ou end up getting to a point where you are financially comfortable and end up having enough disposable income to have some kind of hobbie that is purely frivolous. 
Yes it's a waste of money but if we are getting hrs upon hrs of enjoyment from it then is it really a waste?  Hell my Dad spends 130 bucks a month on cable TV.  We don't even have cable.  Just internet and a netflix subscription so that's about $80 saved a month right there.  That's $960 a year you can spend on something else. 

Most smokers spend an average of $30 a week on cigarettes.  That's $1600 a year of money your wasting on a frivolous habit that is slowly poisoning your body over time. I don't have any of those expenses so that right there is $2560 I can spend on video games a year if I want. 

Point is we all have or hobbies/vices we throw our disposable income at.  BDO is ours. 

Spot on Joe. I don't know what it is about games and software in general, but some people EXPECT it to be free or something. They have a real dilemma about putting money into it even though they derive enjoyment from playing. Add to your list of analogies recreational sports leagues. Those typically cost a couple hundred bucks in dues a year and on top of that you need to invest in the right equipment as well.

NOTHING IS FREE. If you're having fun, then you're not wasting your money. If you're spending your lunch money on the game, then you should stop doing that.

Having said that, I'm genuinely surprised to see that people have spent thousands on the game. I guess I just don't play enough to need to spend that kind of money? Ah well. Matters not.

I get to see 2 hawt girls in hawt stuff. I enjoy both. One doesn't nag me and obeys my every command..

Win/Win.

LOL that's so true it's funny (tragically). 

$700 since launch I'd say. I'm not ****ing proud about it either. I hate this game's cash shop and will move on the moment a game of similar quality with less infuriating systems all over the place comes along. At the moment I'm probably just going to hop to Star Citizen the moment they give me something to hop to >_>.

Ha! I've spent that much on ship sales for Star Citizen. :D

Can't wait for it to be released.

Posted

Ridiculus example. Even if some1 loves to play hide and seek they simply cant play it alone no matter how hard they try.

So we went from "not enough but more than one" to "Alone".

Please make solid and grounded points if you're going to argue with me. I take arguments very seriously. 

So what i get from what you're saying goes back to what @Plunge called you on.

You'd rather us all conform to what you consider a right game, rather than play what you consider a correct game in your opinion.

Yeah we should talk about entitlement.

Bring me solid points, backing and  warrant and we can argue. I've provided some of mine, hit me back when you've got some, otherwise you're just another apocalypse screamer. Y'all been saying the game would be dead ages ago, yet we're still rolling hard as before, if not harder.

At the end of the day, you need to find something you enjoy and move on from what you don't. You talk about me possibly "Just not caring", that's not entirely the case. I perceive that i'm closer to reality than you might be in that I am able to understand that if something is not for me, then i move on from it or create something that is for me.

When I want something? My laziness doesn't get in the way. I go get it and make it my reality.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Please make solid and grounded points if you're going to argue with me. I take arguments very seriously. 

You'd rather us all conform to what you consider a right game, rather than play what you consider a correct game in your opinion.

Bring me solid points, backing and  warrant and we can argue. I've provided some of mine, hit me back when you've got some, otherwise you're just another apocalypse screamer. Y'all been saying the game would be dead ages ago, yet we're still rolling hard as before, if not harder.

At the end of the day, you need to find something you enjoy and move on from what you don't. You talk about me possibly "Just not caring", that's not entirely the case. I perceive that i'm closer to reality than you might be in that I am able to understand that if something is not for me, then i move on from it or create something that is for me.

When I want something? My laziness doesn't get in the way. I go get it and make it my reality.

What's your day-job man because you should change your name to Suetonias with all that philosophical motivation.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Teonias
1 person likes this

Posted

You told me "You want something, create it." I provided an equally impossible example.

Well he was right that I would like to see games with a business model, similar to what BDO has, decline. That the number of "casual cod like" games would increase as a result of this is just his speculations.

The difference between right and correct in this context?

Regardless of the answer maybe I should quote myself where I said "ppl are selfish"? Im not denying that id rather have games that I enjoy than games where rich ppl behave like locusts leaving dead cash grab games in their wake.

I'm not part of any "y'all" either since I've not been proclaiming "ded gaem" like many others have EVEN if I have participated in discussions that has arised in such threads.

In the end I have found a balance that works for me in BDO and I dont have to curse at ppl while defending my standpoint.

Posted

What's your day-job man because you should change your name to Suetonias with all that philosophical motivation.

:P it's interesting to me, to say the least. The day job that is.
I spend about two hours in traffic/morning stuff 5 days a week, during that time i generally subscribe to many philosophers, but mostly Alan Watts.

You told me "You want something, create it." I provided an equally impossible example.

I suppose it's a difference in philosophy then. I choose to be incapable of seeing the impossible, only the improbable. It comes in handy when my team is told that something is impossible to do, yet we need to do it anyways. The only constraint to the impossibilities is time, which means that nothing is truly impossible, and that time is the ultimate resource. If there is something you want, make it possible. You define what is impossible and what isn't solvable.

Well he was right that I would like to see games with a business model, similar to what BDO has, decline. That the number of "casual cod like" games would increase as a result of this is just his speculations.

Then start a movement using your own work. Pearl Abyss spent years i'm sure, developing this game from what we know to be the ground up(Inhouse game engine). Who are you to tell them, or us who spend money on them, what they should be doing with what THEY have created?

You want to dictate the outcome of something you love? Influence it by creating something you can dictate.

The difference between right and correct in this context?

Regardless of the answer maybe I should quote myself where I said "ppl are selfish"? Im not denying that id rather have games that I enjoy than games where rich ppl behave like locusts leaving dead cash grab games in their wake.

Dunno, i don't often subscribe to right or correct when it comes to differing opinions. Sometimes not even to facts, as everything lacks some sort of information.
I don't deny that people can be selfish, but some of us are more reasonable than others and have a deeper understanding of how things work, especially a capitalistic market.
Do you not want the best money for your time? Right or wrong, incorrect or correct, morally sound or immoral, you did not create it thus you do not define it. 
If you'd rather have something that doesn't currently exist, create it. No sense in telling someone their work is wrong. That's sortof shitty, but that's my opinion.

Also, i can't help but to bring forth the superior proof that players who spend more money on this game, does not make them better in any nor all aspects of the game at all times.
^^ That has yet to be debunked, at all, what so ever.
No one has yet to prove that all of us who have spent over X amount have gained BECAUSE we spent that much.
Why is this?
Because people who have bought the game have received;

1. boss drops
  2. profitable enchant success
  3. high kill counts
  4. etc.

you get the point.
So far no one has brought forth information, data, studies that show that this is the case, which leads me to believe that the people who are complain about having to spend something more than time on something that they want(even though time is money in the same respect) are only doing so because they feel left out of being able to spend like they see others spending. Which can be shitty. Who doesn't want to drive fast like the 4 drivers that just passed you on the highway. It looks cool.

I'm not part of any "y'all" either since I've not been proclaiming "ded gaem" like many others have EVEN if I have participated in discussions that has arised in such threads.

Well thanks. It's appreciated and good to know that you're not daft & willing to spread misinformation in order to drive a directive/motive.

In the end I have found a balance that works for me in BDO and I dont have to curse at ppl while defending my standpoint.

Well i'm glad you have a balance that works for you. Just don't get confused and assume that your balance should apply to others.
You have your opinions and likes and dislikes, others have theirs.
Clearly everyone who has spent money on this game has done it because they made the choice to. Who are we to say that choice was right or wrong? We all have different interests and there really isn't one that is right or wrong, regardless of how much of the population believes.

1 person likes this

Posted

Now I feel better.

Posted

:P it's interesting to me, to say the least. The day job that is.
I spend about two hours in traffic/morning stuff 5 days a week, during that time i generally subscribe to many philosophers, but mostly Alan Watts.

The only thing I know about Alan Watts is his speech about dreams.

Posted (edited)

thousand of p2w player.... damned cheater :P

Edited by Catastigma

Posted

The only thing I know about Alan Watts is his speech about dreams.

I find myself replaying many of his lectures, and it feels different each listen each time.
He really is my favorite.
also, which one xD

1 person likes this

Posted

I find myself replaying many of his lectures, and it feels different each listen each time.He really is my favorite.
also, which one xD

Let's say you had a dream and in that dream you could do whatever you wanted to do, and eventually you'd become bolder and bolder until you dreamed where you are right now. And you come to realize that you are pivotal to the fabric of the universe.

Ect..Ect!

1 person likes this

Posted

Let's say you had a dream and in that dream you could do whatever you wanted to do, and eventually you'd become bolder and bolder until you dreamed where you are right now. And you come to realize that you are pivotal to the fabric of the universe.

Ect..Ect!

makes me all tingle tingle hahaha
TIME FOR ME TO START MY LECTURE TIME EARLY NOW!

Posted

To keep with that example. Lets say I paid 15$ per meal on my fav restaurant. Few years go buy, I move to another city, try out a few restaurants there, they all charge 25$ or more per meal and none of them quite live up to the standards of my 'ol fav from back home.

My reaction would be to not go out and eat at restaurants that often and by that spending less money than I did a few years back. Thats exactly what I do in BDO aswell by the way.

I cant rly think of any way to add BDOs inconvenience into this example without it getting ridiculus. Put all food stores on an island and offer rowboats for a fee?

Oh, and guess what I would be telling my friends? "The restaurants around here arent very good. They are pricier than xxx and I think the food at xxx was better"

Well, in your example all the restaurants cost the same but with games they don't.  You can choose how much you want to pay just like someone going out to eat.  Claims of BDO being inconvenient to the level you feel that it is is purely subjective.  I bet if there wasn't a cash shop at all people wouldn't even consider the game as being inconvenient. 

It is my view that BDO is worth every penny I've spent on it and I'm sure I'll spend even more in the future.  Like I always say, if people don't think it's worth it then they should go and play a cheaper game.  You can drive a cheaper car, eat at cheaper restaurants, have cheaper mobile phone service, internet connection, buy cheaper clothes, etc. etc.  It's your choice.

Posted

THOUSANDS...All on elion tears so that i can karma bomb the pk clowns.

Posted

Went to my account and added up $270 in pearls for cash shop. Mostly housing and costume items

Posted

Over 50% spent more than $400USD hot damn

Posted

I also more than 400 and I am ashamed. Because it's really not worth it, they play with your time and money.

1 person likes this

Posted

I just wish you could buy more than $100, only getting $100's worth is stupid.

Posted

Too much 

Posted

$2300 xD all my alts have costumes and i got 3 horses with costumes too, also value packs since they launched max wight on many characters etc etc