• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Can i have a JOB IRL and be competitive at PVP on this game ?

26 posts in this topic

Posted

I met so many players who don't have job IRL , so they can play almost everyday ( like 5h per day , or more ).  These players are obvioulsy over-geared than players with an IRL job.

So , if i quit my job , i'll have more time to play . And i'll be competitive at PVP , cuz more time played = more money = more gear + more levels to get.

What do you think about that ?  Is BDO a jobless MMORPG ?

Posted

I work and play 5 hours a day.

Posted

Maybe you'll spend more time in game and less on the forum, which isn't a bad thing actually.

1 person likes this

Posted

You can afk stuff while at work, everyone can be competitive it just comes down to being competitive in a month or 3-6 months down the road. It's not a race.

Posted

Yes. I work a full-time job. Am competitive in PvP.

Posted

A job sure, a job, a wife and a kid probably not.

You need to be able to dedicate minimum 3-5 hours a day to this game to get anywhere. 

Posted

I dont think anyone has to quit the job, but set your life priorities and manage your time very very propely ^^

Posted

I mean, if you compare yourself to people who treat BDO like a job then yeah, you'll have less than they will because they're spending 10+ hours a day working on things. It's a MMO, time put in yields rewards. 

That being said, BDO has the benefit of allowing you (or anyone, including jobless players) to get lucky. 

I wouldn't say you need to have no job to enjoy BDO but you certainly need to at least be able to play a few hours every day (maybe every other day) to get any amount of enjoyment out of it. Unless you just like posting memes in server chat.

Posted

$

Posted

yes cause even as nolifer you end up lifeskilling in bdo 

i hit 61 lvl in like octomber? Or something like that last year

if you're serious and not a clown you can get 61 fairly easy (maybe like 600 hours of grind with gear and if you utilize events) and then you can be lifeskilling the entire time you're not playing actively and once you reach a point with your gear (tet) you'll be competitive

.. but the fact that you're making this thread instead of actually doing it kinda suggests that your mentality isn't the right one to handle this 

2 people like this

Posted

I work on weekdays 8am-6pm. Been playing since Beta. My gearscore is high enough to be above the average, which is more than enough to fight almost all players. I might not be in the top 5%, but I can be "competitive". If you want to do the same, it's going to take time. If you don't have that kind of time, then it'll take longer. Use your afk time wisely.

Posted

if you're serious and not a clown you can get 61 fairly easy (maybe like 600 hours of grind with gear and if you utilize events) and then you can be lifeskilling the entire time you're not playing actively and once you reach a point with your gear (tet) you'll be competitive

.. but the fact that you're making this thread instead of actually doing it kinda suggests that your mentality isn't the right one to handle this 

Blitzball is our communauty troll on french sub-forum. Don't care about him ....

Posted

Blitzball is our communauty troll on french sub-forum. Don't care about him ....

He's not doing a great job at trolling.. Mostly everyone is giving honest answers and suggestions to help. ^_^

Posted

He's not doing a great job at trolling.. Mostly everyone is giving honest answers and suggestions to help. ^_^

Your intention are laudable !

Posted

A job sure, a job, a wife and a kid probably not.

You need to be able to dedicate minimum 3-5 hours a day to this game to get anywhere. 

I have a full-time job, 2 kids and a wife. I would say im competitive at lvl 59.25 and 482 GS. Been slacking a lot recently playing other games so it could be higher. Last time I really had a solid grind session was just before server merge when I hit 59.

Me and my wife play together usually everyday for at least a few hours, more on weekends. Im sure even some of the "1%" running around have jobs and maybe even a family. All depends how you spend your time.

Posted

you can always life skill...

Posted (edited)

I met so many players who don't have job IRL , so they can play almost everyday ( like 5h per day , or more ).  These players are obvioulsy over-geared than players with an IRL job.

So , if i quit my job , i'll have more time to play . And i'll be competitive at PVP , cuz more time played = more money = more gear + more levels to get.

What do you think about that ?  Is BDO a jobless MMORPG ?

Yes. I work a full-time job. Am competitive in PvP.

Yes you can if you get exteremly lucky get t4 pay in a guild thats adds up to over 400mil a week for free, but you pretty much need to get everything handed to you and yeah u can be competitive. good luck

its all about luck, you will also need to P2W artisan memeories at the min. or u will never catch up

Edited by Acover

Posted

Of course, you NEED a job, because you need money to pay to win. Everybody knows that!

Posted

rly 61 its easy to you?! 60 its almost imposible for normal players and you talk about 61 like is nothing, do you have a job? friends? do you ever get out? or you just troll?

Posted

Yes you can if you get exteremly lucky get t4 pay in a guild thats adds up to over 400mil a week for free, but you pretty much need to get everything handed to you and yeah u can be competitive. good luck

its all about luck, you will also need to P2W artisan memeories at the min. or u will never catch up

Is that what happened to me? Weird.

Posted

you definitely can, just make sure to grind your daily half an hour as often as you can and sort out your afk shit.

most our guild is casual working sorts except for a couple of younguns. everyone's 200+ /260+ atleast save for a few very newbs.

Posted

depends on what you want to be competitive. can you be compititive with an jobless rich kid 24/7 in this game!? maybe. if he is pling Tamer and not that smart thinking his gear have to carry him on everything. But try it out then

Posted

jobs and mmos dont go togetherCKjSDLdUsAAojV4.jpg

Posted

Got a job, wife and kids. 

Sitting at 218/220/278

Have 59 valk, 58 tamer and 58 DK (soon 59)

Posted

jobs and mmos dont go togetherCKjSDLdUsAAojV4.jpg

Woa    Modern studio... with plants and nice view outside. No job? Maybe he is a MMORPG master programmer.