• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Griefing auto-fishers

88 posts in this topic

Posted

I have a perma red character i use to blow up boats and fishers. And another to charge trainers off their horses!

Posted

What's your in game name and where do you normally fish and on what channels? I will protect you... promise.

Posted

Just like I wouldn't suggest doing a little processing in the middle of a node war, I wouldn't suggest afk fishing in combat areas if you're gonna get salty about getting trolled.

In all of these games there is always an element who try to make gameplay for others as difficult and miserable as possible.  It always ends with them either getting banned or they cause a mass exodus to another game if the game company is foolish enough to allow sociopathic predatory behavior to flourish.  Whenever the game company backs the trolls the game fails within a year or two. 

Again your perception of reality is skewed. This is not affecting your real life. There is no morality tied to non phsyical interactions 3 times removed from reality.

I'll take that as a no, nothing is gained by killing players who are fishing but to aggravate another player and trying to make their game experience less enjoyable.  That's not gameplay that's griefing.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

In all of these games there is always an element who try to make gameplay for others as difficult and miserable as possible.  It always ends with them either getting banned or they cause a mass exodus to another game if the game company is foolish enough to allow sociopathic predatory behavior to flourish.  Whenever the game company backs the trolls the game fails within a year or two. 

In all games there are people who like to be troublemakers, that's correct. The issue here is that BDO is an open world PvP game, is advertised as such, and people who AFK train/fish/whatever have the option to do that in safe zones or on safe (pre-50) characters. Why they'd complain about getting killed in an unsafe zone, on a 50+ boggles my mind.

And when people use the old "Whenever games do [insert controversial thing here], they end up failing," I take what they say with a grain of salt.

Edited by Cardiel
1 person likes this

Posted

To the OP - Try fishing far away from the harbors. You'll rarely see another boat, let alone be attacked.

To the AFK fisher-huinters - Do you stop attacking if the 'AFK fisher' turns out to be an active fisher?

Posted (edited)

I disagree a bit, but I get where you're coming from. It's a video game, it doesn't really matter and you can easily block people who bother you.  

But this a social game, and we should strive to be good to one another. Respectful. Considerate. That being said, not everyone will be kind to you. It's better to act the way you want to be treated and ignore/inhibit those that treat you poorly than it is to continually demand that those people change. Tell someone they're being annoying, then move on. 

Can't really inhibit people from killing you, so it's best to take personal responsibility and either put yourself in a position where they can't or don't let it bother you and continue on your merry way. 

I respectfully disagree . And a simple way to put it is this. "it's not real" ..

I'll take that as a no, nothing is gained by killing players who are fishing but to aggravate another player and trying to make their game experience less enjoyable.  That's not gameplay that's griefing.

Source source and source? Again this discussion is how you "perceive" the game. If you take perception out then it's simple. it's not real life. There is no immorality or bullying going on. 

"IT's NOT REAL IT's A GAME.

There is no moral or immoral effect when using the mechanics of a game.. That isn't even how reality works. Or the perception there of.

What's your in game name and where do you normally fish and on what channels? I will protect you... promise.

Hey look it's my twin. I mean me.

TLDR ENTIRE THREAD =

You are accessing a computer = First removal from reality.
That computer is opening a game = Second removal from reality.
That game isn't even on your computer. It is on the "internet" the 3rd separation from reality....
There is no moral conflict. Because pressing a key and having code affect code is not moral or immoral.

@ to everyone else.

Edited by Freeway

Posted

Nothing will change about it, the people who do that probably suck at pvp or just get satisfaction from other peoples misery. 

Kill afk'ers, kill RP'er, karmabomb all you want (of course this one gets the most hate but is more justified imo) it doesn't matter, it's part of the game. If it was not intended, it would all be a safe zone. They want afk-fishers dead, why else would they move that overcrowded hotspot in velia out of a safezone? 

That being said, it still affects some people, @Freeway I agree with you! Except there are people who are attached to their pixels. You can call it sad, but killing other pixels because they know when the person comes back, they will rage, and this makes them (the killer) happy is even sadder. Also don't tell me you don't have any emotion when your pixels die (not talking only about bdo here)!

Also I am sure someone out there has a list of every person who has pk'ed them while afk. Maybe they should share that list and people add to, and then community can start a hunt :P Would make the came more fun. Putting bounties etc.

1 person likes this

Posted

How can you be PKed while afk fishing if you're under level 50?

Mysterious.

The afk fishers are hijacked by scooping them up with the epheria sailboat and then transported to the margoria sea.

It's against ToS to name peoples name on the forum like that.

You mean usernames? How about screenshots?

that changed months ago.  Thankfully. now you must do the catfish quest to go past level 49.99, and 50 is the new  PVP threshold.

Catfisting, the new meme. meeow.

I've been blown up and all my gear broken while fishing in velia safe zone. like 3 of us. 

To this day still have no idea how I died. 

You were hijacked with a boat and taken out of the safe zone. <UMADBRUH> members like to level sailing this way.

you drop fish when you diem often quite a lot of em if you have a near full inventory. Best shot if you want to fish outside safe zones is to use a toon under level 50.

And stay as far back from the waterline as possible to avoid being hijacked.

Posted

49th level or low for "Adventure" fishing for best results. 

Also the sign says \/

Comabt_Zone.thumb.png.09b83ca4ec27c468aa

Personally, I do not find it surprising if I am killed AFK in a COMBAT ZONE

Just as I would not find it remarkable if I got hit by a truck because I decided to play in the street... .. .

Posted (edited)

On a slightly related note, do any of you know of some excellent places to fish up relics that might be in a danger zone? ill take the risk. I like to active fish while reading, so I might be able to mitigate some of the danger for a higher reward.

Margoria sea. I also got a ton at the Nada Island grotto, so many I was tempted to dry the yellows I caught so I could store the relics.

49th level or low for "Adventure" fishing for best results. 

Also the sign says \/

Comabt_Zone.thumb.png.09b83ca4ec27c468aa

Personally, I do not find it surprising if I am killed AFK in a COMBAT ZONE

Just as I would not find it remarkable if I got hit by a truck because I decided to play in the street... .. .

MURDER ZONE you mean. Initiate violence and you'll need to watch your back.

red panda pet? if so there is a lovely mob right next to the dock for a quest.

You're thinking of Heidel.

How we play a game or sandbox game for that matter is perception. I see no morals in pixels touching pixels, just coding.
You enjoy fishing. Great for you. I enjoy killing everything in my sight.

What you say does not compute. As i said no morals can be tied to non phsyical actions that you yourself aren't even attached to. Do you realize that you are not your character? You are speaking of it as if it is bullying. Even then "if" it was it would be 3 times removed from reality still. Sounds silly. I look at other characters as monsters.
I see afk fishers as a coin bag. I don't look at your character and think "thats a real person with real feelings" sorry but your computer has a char on it that are simply just pixels. If you think this is bullying stop playing the game or look away from the monitor. All these threads do is teach people like me who kill afk fishers, To devote more time to it so you all cower in safe-zones and stop making these threads.

harassment definition - aggressive pressure or intimidation.

Killing your afk fisher and walking away is neither.

You took another person's time, as measured by silver value or even exp/gems, which is a real physical thing. If you initiate force, watch your back. The Hunters are coming soon.

Do attackers gain anything by killing Auto-fishers or are they just being malicious jerks intent on diminishing the game experience of other players?

It's a legal outlet for sociopathic urges.

Again your perception of reality is skewed. This is not affecting your real life. There is no morality tied to non phsyical interactions 3 times removed from reality.

How will being Karma Bombed not affect your real life? Will you enjoy this game if you can never again grind in peace? I'd love to hunt you in Aakman. I know this guy in Velia...

Can't really inhibit people from killing you, so it's best to take personal responsibility and either put yourself in a position where they can't or don't let it bother you and continue on your merry way. 

Or become a costumed hero and hunt them. ;-)

I'll help. I have a friend in Velia that will help as well.

The playerbase needs to evolve mechanisms if the devs won't provide them. I propose roleplay militias and bountyhunters. It will not only provide a check on the aholes but provide immersive fun for the participants.

Otherwise known as unsportsmanlike behavior. Within a fantasy world that allows such actions as part of gameplay there needs to be a counterbalancing mechanism, but the current Karma system doesn't really cut it. I suggest player militias to exploit the Karma system so real penalties are enforced, such as :

1) Low grinding efficiency. When night falls you're the prey, hurry up and use that 30 minute exp buff because we're coming for you.

2) Karma Bombing. Sent to jail or break your gear. Zerged to PRI, bae.

3) Future Siege system. If your guild griefs afk fishers, look out brutha.

If anyone thinks this sounds like fun just say so, let's do this. 

To the AFK fisher-huinters - Do you stop attacking if the 'AFK fisher' turns out to be an active fisher?

I keep my maid out and my gear on quick bar while semi-afk, I assume the maid makes people think twice. I also keep an alt nearby to karma bomb them if they want to stick around if I'm attacked.

Also I am sure someone out there has a list of every person who has pk'ed them while afk. Maybe they should share that list and people add to, and then community can start a hunt :P Would make the came more fun. Putting bounties etc.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

The Nigh-----ch is born! 

Edit: this board just censored "Night watch" smh

Edited by Woodsy
1 person likes this

Posted

Risk vs reward, fish in safe zone or accept it .Also can't you loot some fish from what people drop?

The system is leftover from initial BDO design where you could loot trade items from ppl you kill & their mounts but the karma penalties were severe...

Posted (edited)

Risk vs reward, fish in safe zone or accept it .Also can't you loot some fish from what people drop?

The system is leftover from initial BDO design where you could loot trade items from ppl you kill & their mounts but the karma penalties were severe...

The current meta is to hijack afk fishers from safe zones and drop them at the foot of mobs. Looking at you Luna.

Edited by Woodsy

Posted

Random PK'ers as well as wars is good business for Kakao though.

People realizing they can't fish on their main and have to change to a level 49.99 alt. Than buy tons of inventory space + costume all over again :S

Bet they made a fortune by changing location of Velia hot spot, moving it out of safe zone lol.

I would like to add though, that you're 90% more likely to get killed by an enemy guild player while afk fishing, than a random PK'er dude. So this is mainly something that upsets  people in protected guilds or guildless. Everyone else(players in normal guild), are kinda used to getting killed while afk, so they don't ----- about a rare PK.

Posted

So karma bombing, and all other forms of griefing are a-ok with you as well then, I assume?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Nothing will change about it, the people who do that probably suck at pvp or just get satisfaction from other peoples misery. 

Kill afk'ers, kill RP'er, karmabomb all you want (of course this one gets the most hate but is more justified imo) it doesn't matter, it's part of the game. If it was not intended, it would all be a safe zone. They want afk-fishers dead, why else would they move that overcrowded hotspot in velia out of a safezone? 

That being said, it still affects some people, @Freeway I agree with you! Except there are people who are attached to their pixels. You can call it sad, but killing other pixels because they know when the person comes back, they will rage, and this makes them (the killer) happy is even sadder. Also don't tell me you don't have any emotion when your pixels die (not talking only about bdo here)!

I don't feel hate or happiness killing or dying in the game. i am simply indifferent. the same as when i kill a monster.

So karma bombing, and all other forms of griefing are a-ok with you as well then, I assume?

Many including myself are just fine with others karma bombing us. I don't see it as a large problem like others do. I simply outfarm them unless they are wizards. If they are wizards i simply switch channel ,find a non wizard,clear them out,take that spot, voila problem solved. I don't let small things interfere with my efficiency. I overcome them.

You took another person's time, as measured by silver value or even exp/gems, which is a real physical thing. If you initiate force, watch your back. The Hunters are coming soon.

It's a legal outlet for sociopathic urges.

How will being Karma Bombed not affect your real life? Will you enjoy this game if you can never again grind in peace? I'd love to hunt you in Aakman. I know this guy in Velia...

I don't care about others time,efficiency or progression. I am playing a game i paid for. I only care about my own. Even then it's just a game i don't really care all that much. Making code affect code isn't sociopathic.,Being karma bombed doesn't affect your real life. There are 32 channels. I also commonly attack all players at world bosses,nouver being one of my favorites , I suppose that is sociopathic as well? You sound silly.

Edited by Freeway

Posted

I suppose that is sociopathic as well? You sound silly.

Well, "sociopath" and "sociopathic" are big words to just throw at some stranger on the internet, where many people are trying to be as edgy as possible. But the homo sapiens does nothing without a reason. Let's assume you really are what you are currently presenting here; then your attitude and the way how boldly you present it, say a lot about you as a person from a psychological point of view. 

I'm not here to judge people, but by ICD and DSM standards you probably suffer from at least one personality disorder. But that's also the reason why it doesn't make sense to argue with you. You either know there's something wrong with you but you won't admit it because you believe your way of thinking is superior to others or you ARE actually psychotic and you do not realize it. Then telling you that there's something wrong with you would be like telling an anorexic person that they need to start eating if they don't want to die.

2 people like this

Posted

Well, "sociopath" and "sociopathic" are big words to just throw at some stranger on the internet, where many people are trying to be as edgy as possible. But the homo sapiens does nothing without a reason. Let's assume you really are what you are currently presenting here; then your attitude and the way how boldly you present it, say a lot about you as a person from a psychological point of view. 

I'm not here to judge people, but by ICD and DSM standards you probably suffer from at least one personality disorder. But that's also the reason why it doesn't make sense to argue with you. You either know there's something wrong with you but you won't admit it because you believe your way of thinking is superior to others or you ARE actually psychotic and you do not realize it. Then telling you that there's something wrong with you would be like telling an anorexic person that they need to start eating if they don't want to die.

10/10 would meme again.

Posted

I don't feel hate or happiness killing or dying in the game. i am simply indifferent. the same as when i kill a monster.

Many including myself are just fine with others karma bombing us. I don't see it as a large problem like others do. I simply outfarm them unless they are wizards. If they are wizards i simply switch channel ,find a non wizard,clear them out,take that spot, voila problem solved. I don't let small things interfere with my efficiency. I overcome them.

I don't care about others time,efficiency or progression. I am playing a game i paid for. I only care about my own. Even then it's just a game i don't really care all that much. Making code affect code isn't sociopathic.,Being karma bombed doesn't affect your real life. There are 32 channels. I also commonly attack all players at world bosses,nouver being one of my favorites , I suppose that is sociopathic as well? You sound silly.

Damn...I just realised this guy is a troll. 

Posted

Yet another thread that starts out with the view of "People who PK me must be degenerates!" and opens up with insults and nasty remarks about other players.

Here's a thought: Like you, they are playing the game the way it's intended to be played. PVP/PK is an integral part of BDO, coupled with the deliberate scarcity of certain resources, which means that people are going to want to fight over them. Yes, this includes things like fishing.

If you don't want to die whilst AFK, do your AFK activities in a safe zone. You get less risk, and less reward, but hey, at least those wicked mean horrible freaks won't get to kill your pixels, right?

Posted

TLDR ENTIRE THREAD =

That game isn't even on your computer. It is on the "internet" the 3rd separation from reality....
There is no moral conflict. Because pressing a key and having code affect code is not moral or immoral.

I'm not going to agree/disagree with everything in this post. 

But this statement is soo false it's funny.

By your logic nothing you do on your computer/internet is involved with reality. so online bullying/harrasment, and any other online moral or immoral activety isnt a real thing because its over the internet?

1 person likes this

Posted

Thats what you get for being afk outside of a safezone. Want to safely afk do it in a safe zone and or afk fish in margoria good chance no one will kill you all the way out there.

Posted

Thats what you get for being afk outside of a safezone. Want to safely afk do it in a safe zone and or afk fish in margoria good chance no one will kill you all the way out there.

Can confirm. Vanadin Sea and Juur Sea are so large, that no-one finds you (once you move away from Port Ratt - but you do that anyway, as the Port Ratt fish drop table is worse than Heidel's).

And to the OP: this is an Open world PvP game: once outside a safe zone and lvl 50 or higher, anyone can attack you. It's a core feature of the game. If you're a lifeskiller like me, you either do your lifeskilling inside safe zones, or find remote places the PKers can't be bothered looking, or you use a level-capped alt that can't be PKed.

Posted

Here's a thought: Like you, they are playing the game the way it's intended to be played. PVP/PK is an integral part of BDO, coupled with the deliberate scarcity of certain resources, which means that people are going to want to fight over them. Yes, this includes things like fishing.

BDO is a sandbox MMO (for the most part). "Afk killer" is not a faction that you are assigned to upon creating your character. You have to choose to kill these people, just like you can choose to leave them alone. Is the possibility to kill people for no reason a part of the game? Yes! Should you be allowed to follow that path without having to justify for it? Yes! Does it say something about your personality if you do it? It absolutely does. 

Also, we are talking about a mini game here that randomly generates fish, trash and Ancient Relic Crystal Shards for the person that is fishing. Scarce resources? That sounds pretty far-fetched. The ones who exhaust the resources are the fishers in the safe zones, not the ones in the combat zones. So if you kill the latter, you are simply none of the good guys (which you don't have to be, just saying).

1 person likes this

Posted

I see this as griefing by the bottom-feeders.

If you want to fish then stick to safe-zones, if you want the reward of better fishing spots then you have to run the risk of being killed. Calling people children because they're playing the game as it was advertised makes you seem like someone who's very immature and doesn't have full control over their emotions. Also, because I know you're going to accuse me of being one of these "bottom-feeders", I don't actually PvP and train horses over-night.

Learn how to play the game of quit and find something more suited to your mental age. :) 

Does it say something about your personality if you do it? It absolutely does. 

Please leave the psychoanalysis to those who are versed in it, all you're doing is projecting your own insecurities onto these people. Killing players in a game, whether they're AFK or not doesn't mean you're a serial killer, mentally different or mentally troubled; it's crying over these actions that makes you these things (well, not the serial killer). The game offers you safe-zones, if you're not ready to come from behind mummy's skirt then please stick to these areas. :) 

2 people like this

Posted

I respectfully disagree . And a simple way to put it is this. "it's not real" ..

Source source and source? Again this discussion is how you "perceive" the game. If you take perception out then it's simple. it's not real life. There is no immorality or bullying going on. 

"IT's NOT REAL IT's A GAME.

There is no moral or immoral effect when using the mechanics of a game.. That isn't even how reality works. Or the perception there of.

Hey look it's my twin. I mean me.

TLDR ENTIRE THREAD =

@ to everyone else.

So the sociopaths first repeatedly try to imply I don't know the difference between a game and reality and now they want to target me in the game.  This is why MMORPGs fail, players intentionally driving other players out of the game with harassing behavior with no actual in game rewards, just the schadenfreude of causing misery.  Try to grasp this,  If you kill other players in a game and gain nothing by doing so you are griefing, plain and simple.  There is not justification or rationalization other than sociopathy and mental issues on the part of the griefers.

If you want to fish then stick to safe-zones, if you want the reward of better fishing spots then you have to run the risk of being killed. Calling people children because they're playing the game as it was advertised makes you seem like someone who's very immature and doesn't have full control over their emotions. Also, because I know you're going to accuse me of being one of these "bottom-feeders", I don't actually PvP and train horses over-night.

Learn how to play the game of quit and find something more suited to your mental age. :) 

Please leave the psychoanalysis to those who are versed in it, all you're doing is projecting your own insecurities onto these people. Killing players in a game, whether they're AFK or not doesn't mean you're a serial killer, mentally different or mentally troubled; it's crying over these actions that makes you these things (well, not the serial killer). The game offers you safe-zones, if you're not ready to come from behind mummy's skirt then please stick to these areas. :) 

So personal attacks for addressing a griefing issue would be considered normal behavior?  The problem here is the forum trolls and the griefers are the same people.