• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Griefing auto-fishers

88 posts in this topic

Posted

Please leave the psychoanalysis to those who are versed in it, all you're doing is projecting your own insecurities onto these people. Killing players in a game, whether they're AFK or not doesn't mean you're a serial killer, mentally different or mentally troubled; it's crying over these actions that makes you these things (well, not the serial killer). The game offers you safe-zones, if you're not ready to come from behind mummy's skirt then please stick to these areas. :) 

I do not mean to offend you but you do not seem to be someone who can tell who is versed in these kinds of things and who is not. Otherwise, your answer would not have looked the way it does. You use the projection argument on a tumblr level. It is a mighty tool but it needs more substance than "No! I'm not stupid, you are stupid!" Furthermore, no one is talking about serial killers here. That's an unnecessary hyperbole. None of the terms used, equal "serial killer", including "sociopath". Someone who knows only the basics of psychology also knows that. As for the other two, you can't simply rule them out like that. People who do this, even if it's only a game, are clearly different from people who don't. That's a fact. You don't have to weight that or judge those people. After all, it's a spectrum. Some people will be considered "normal", some have minor issues with their ego and/or need to compensate for real-life deficiencies and others have serious problems like personality disorders, which is actually not that rare these days. But you should know that already. 

And "it's crying over these actions that makes you these things"? This is the internet, we are all anonymous and we will have to discuss at eye level, but did you just really write that and believe that it means anything? That really takes the biscuit. And you tell other people about their "mental age" while smiling at them. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Eh, if you're afk fishing outside a safezone you have no comeback on being killed.

I settle for charging them with my horse to interrupt their casting.

Drowned my horse a few times though -.-

Posted (edited)

I stated this many times. OpenWorld PvP should just not be in game.

PvP belongs in nodewars, guildwars, Arenas, Red Battlezone. Nowhere else.

If this would bug me too much in game I go and look for a better game to spend my $

Edited by Nevaee
1 person likes this

Posted

Carebears at it again. Everything must bend to their will. 

1 person likes this

Posted

In all games there are people who like to be troublemakers, that's correct. The issue here is that BDO is an open world PvP game, is advertised as such, and people who AFK train/fish/whatever have the option to do that in safe zones or on safe (pre-50) characters. Why they'd complain about getting killed in an unsafe zone, on a 50+ boggles my mind.

And when people use the old "Whenever games do [insert controversial thing here], they end up failing," I take what they say with a grain of salt.

BDO is not a PVP game.  I love it when people try to judge and demean others in game forums simple because they disagree.  I was under the impression since I bought the game I could play it as I like without griefing or smug children presuming I am not playing as they see fit, pure delusion.  They would presume to be wise and knowledgeable in their internet endowed expertise.  I have been playing online games since the internet was just DOS and know from personal experience longer than most of these "Experts" have been alive but they delusionally think they know better than I about how games evolve and die.  The bottom is line any argument or rationalization they offer is simply defending griefing other players for no ingame advantage because they have mental issues, they are simply sociopaths doing what they do, trying to make as many people miserable as possible and delighting in it.  Most games fail or lose players because of player to player interaction and not technical issues or game mechanics and/or the game companies failure to address these problems.

Posted

If im in the mood and I see someone afk I will alt c them, why cause im some troll? nope I'm just useing a game mechanic and if i wanna do this I shall due to you failed to afk fish in a safe zone. Try takeing a sailboat out to magoria make sure no sea monsters and go fishing you most likly wont die then as the sea is vast.

Now If I were a mod I would lock this thread on my previous quote as stated if you afk outside of safezones don't exspect to be alive when you return because while yest you get more fish outside safezones you are takeing that risk.

Posted

So the sociopaths first repeatedly try to imply I don't know the difference between a game and reality and now they want to target me in the game.  This is why MMORPGs fail, players intentionally driving other players out of the game with harassing behavior with no actual in game rewards, just the schadenfreude of causing misery.  Try to grasp this,  If you kill other players in a game and gain nothing by doing so you are griefing, plain and simple.  There is not justification or rationalization other than sociopathy and mental issues on the part of the griefers.

So personal attacks for addressing a griefing issue would be considered normal behavior?  The problem here is the forum trolls and the griefers are the same people.

That's odd, because some of the biggest games in the world are PvP games, yet according to you PvP is harassment. The game offers you safe-zones, stick with them or find a different game if your delicate psyche can't handle the fact that people have fun differently to you. In fact, this points more to you having a mental problem because the game was advertised a shaving open world PvP but instead you decided to play it, stay outside of a safe-zone and then complain that you were killed. Are you masochistic or do you just have a massive victim complex? 

I'm sorry that you consider people playing the game how it's designed as griefing, I can only urge you to contact a medical professional to help you with this issue and I urge you to drive to them in a vehicle with tinted windows in case someone looks at you and you crumble due to their intense griefing. :)

I do not mean to offend you but you do not seem to be someone who can tell who is versed in these kinds of things and who is not. Otherwise, your answer would not have looked the way it does. You use the projection argument on a tumblr level. It is a mighty tool but it needs more substance than "No! I'm not stupid, you are stupid!" Furthermore, no one is talking about serial killers here. That's an unnecessary hyperbole. None of the terms used, equal "serial killer", including "sociopath". Someone who knows only the basics of psychology also knows that. As for the other two, you can't simply rule them out like that. People who do this, even if it's only a game, are clearly different from people who don't. That's a fact. You don't have to weight that or judge those people. After all, it's a spectrum. Some people will be considered "normal", some have minor issues with their ego and/or need to compensate for real-life deficiencies and others have serious problems like personality disorders, which is actually not that rare these days. But you should know that already. 

You need to stop watching Frasier and thinking you're a psychiatrist, you're labelling every single person who PvPs in a game that was marketed as having PvP elements as a sociopath essentially. The fact is, YOU can't handle the fact that people are playing the game differently and you're only way to deal with this is to claim that they are mentally deficient, with your train of logic that anyone who kills people in a game is also more likely to kill someone in real life because of the mental issues you raised, shouldn't you be on CNN talking about how video games cause violence? 

There is no difference between killing a NPC or a player, both are pixels on the screen and there is no direct link between you and either one of them. You are trying to justify that people are playing the game wrong when in truth they are playing the game exactly how it is designed. As I stated, if you can't handle PvP in an open world game with PvP elements then please quit the game or stick to safe-zones. 

And "it's crying over these actions that makes you these things"? This is the internet, we are all anonymous and we will have to discuss at eye level, but did you just really write that and believe that it means anything? That really takes the biscuit. And you tell other people about their "mental age" while smiling at them. 

You're crying over the fact that anonymous people killed your pixels and the only way you can deal with is by labelling them as less mentally proficient than you. Please seek psychiatric help, because the only sociopath here is you. :) 

BDO is not a PVP game.

A1URiRo.png

Please research a game before trying to discuss it. :) 

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm not going to agree/disagree with everything in this post. 

But this statement is soo false it's funny.

By your logic nothing you do on your computer/internet is involved with reality. so online bullying/harrasment, and any other online moral or immoral activety isnt a real thing because its over the internet?

But officer, my death threats on Twitter are not real. They are in fact thrice removed from reality. Yeah, I don't think he really thought that through.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

But officer, my death threats on Twitter are not real. They are in fact thrice removed from reality. Yeah, I don't think he really thought that through.

"Officer, he killed my character in a game; this means he wants to kill me in real life." 

That's the logic you're using, there's a massive difference to killing a virtual entity and threatening a real person through a virtual portal. 

Edited by Plunge

Posted

Afk in a safe zone pleb or with a green alt

seriously it's not that -----ing hard, quit whining like a child

Posted

Fortunately the karma penalties are steep enough that if someone shanks afk fishermen for lulz it just means they've got less karma to defend their grind spots against karma bombers later, and when they do go red they get spanked by the people who actually know how to pvp and don't just kill people who don't fight back. What goes around comes around.

1 person likes this

Posted

The current meta is to hijack afk fishers from safe zones and drop them at the foot of mobs. Looking at you Luna.

^this

LOL You guys havn't been abducted by this bish yet from the safe zone to margoria ocean, hav seen like 20+ or more got scooped by her boat and never come back lol..

Posted

The safe zone kidnapping should be logged at tho, the very purpose of safe zone afking is less rewards for no risk, what's the point of getting less rewards if there's still the same risk.

Posted

"Officer, he killed my character in a game; this means he wants to kill me in real life." 

That's the logic you're using, there's a massive difference to killing a virtual entity and threatening a real person through a virtual portal. 

I'm using? I'm not saying it's wrong to kill someone in a game. I'm just saying his 'logic' is completely BS.

1 person likes this

Posted

if i see fishers on boat in safe zone, i will push them out into the combat zone then kill them

Posted (edited)

Edited by Allyisah
laggin
1 person likes this

Posted

How is that anything but griefing an afk player?  Any player who does that should get a permaban from the game.

if i see fishers on boat in safe zone, i will push them out into the combat zone then kill them

I love how all the problem players always identify themselves in the forums so real players know who they are.

1 person likes this

Posted

BDO is not a PVP game.  I love it when people try to judge and demean others in game forums simple because they disagree.  I was under the impression since I bought the game I could play it as I like without griefing or smug children presuming I am not playing as they see fit, pure delusion.  They would presume to be wise and knowledgeable in their internet endowed expertise.  I have been playing online games since the internet was just DOS and know from personal experience longer than most of these "Experts" have been alive but they delusionally think they know better than I about how games evolve and die.  The bottom is line any argument or rationalization they offer is simply defending griefing other players for no ingame advantage because they have mental issues, they are simply sociopaths doing what they do, trying to make as many people miserable as possible and delighting in it.  Most games fail or lose players because of player to player interaction and not technical issues or game mechanics and/or the game companies failure to address these problems.

It is a PvP game lol. It's advertised as a PvP game. If the way you want to enjoy BDO includes whining that they need to be inhibiting PvP, then BDO isn't the game for you. The only person who's smug in this thread right now is you, assuming that people who are playing within the boundaries of the game are somehow playing it incorrectly. It seems like you came into the game assuming that PvP was like Battlegrounds or something, and it's not. You're vilifying people who are playing a game the way that it's meant to be played. As far as you being a harbinger of the end times for BDO because of your "experience", I hate to say it but you're a dime a dozen around here. People have been proclaiming that BDO will die because it doesn't do things the way they personally want them to do it, and yet it's been around a year strong and there's still the horizon in view. You aren't the only one with MMO experience, pal. 

Maybe you want a different game.

Posted

Put a fishing alt in Valencia, my alt gets about 2-4 relic shards, and about 600k worth of fish if I use it.  It's great to use when your short on time and need to afk fast.  Not to mention now you got an alt in Valencia that can manage the marketboard and repair your gear via storage maid.

Valencia has a Imperial fish delivery npc on it too.   The only thing that sucks about the lake in Valencia is its full of washed up laundry, fish bones, boots, broken nets, broken bottles. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't do AFK activities in non safe zones. And if on a boat in the water, be prepared for people trying to get you on their boat and then dragging you away. If you are going to do things afk get in a 100% safe area, otherwise just have to deal with it.

Posted (edited)

This reminds me of a video of Rudy Pantoja aka Hugh mungus.

Simple guy enjoying life,someone follows him and keeps asking him questions about his daughter
When she askes for his name he looks at his belly and says i'm "hugh mungus",she says hugh mungus what?
Then proceeds to tell everyone around him in the entire store he sexually harassed her. Creating a moral situation
out of nothing.

You can ad hom all you wish. ,You can claim i have a mental deficiency , At the end of the day all you are doing is
making yourself look silly.

Didn't know there was so many professional psychiatrists on here.

Congrats to each one of you with your well paying degree in psychology.

If i am a sociopath by these silly definitions then every person who pvps in node wars,killing people so they can't defend (keeping them dead and making it to where the game is unplayable) are also sociopaths ,because they are stopping  a person from playing the game right? Keeping them from enjoying their $ they used to buy the game right? Do you see how silly this sounds? But then again just like me,They are simply using the mechanics of the game.

Edited by Freeway

Posted (edited)

Don't do AFK activities in non safe zones. And if on a boat in the water, be prepared for people trying to get you on their boat and then dragging you away. If you are going to do things afk get in a 100% safe area, otherwise just have to deal with it.

There are plenty of spots out there in none safe zones you can do afk fishing for days. You just have to find and use them.

If you go where the crowds are then always count on some kids measuring how long their d... is. Not only intelligent people are playing this game.

Put a fishing alt in Valencia, my alt gets about 2-4 relic shards, and about 600k worth of fish if I use it.  It's great to use when your short on time and need to afk fast.  Not to mention now you got an alt in Valencia that can manage the marketboard and repair your gear via storage maid.

Valencia has a Imperial fish delivery npc on it too.   The only thing that sucks about the lake in Valencia is its full of washed up laundry, fish bones, boots, broken nets, broken bottles. 

You can disable getting chunk while autofishing

Edited by Nevaee

Posted

what can a fisher doing a fishing quest that require him to fish in high sea while having gone past the lvl50 cap exactly do?

Not everyone fish for silvers (I sure don't), let at least the completionists alone ;_;

We're inoffensive, have trash fish, and we have all the slot empty to at least hope getting the fish needed for the quests...

Posted

That's odd, because some of the biggest games in the world are PvP games, yet according to you PvP is harassment. The game offers you safe-zones, stick with them or find a different game if your delicate psyche can't handle the fact that people have fun differently to you. In fact, this points more to you having a mental problem because the game was advertised a shaving open world PvP but instead you decided to play it, stay outside of a safe-zone and then complain that you were killed. Are you masochistic or do you just have a massive victim complex? 

I'm sorry that you consider people playing the game how it's designed as griefing, I can only urge you to contact a medical professional to help you with this issue and I urge you to drive to them in a vehicle with tinted windows in case someone looks at you and you crumble due to their intense griefing. :)

You need to stop watching Frasier and thinking you're a psychiatrist, you're labelling every single person who PvPs in a game that was marketed as having PvP elements as a sociopath essentially. The fact is, YOU can't handle the fact that people are playing the game differently and you're only way to deal with this is to claim that they are mentally deficient, with your train of logic that anyone who kills people in a game is also more likely to kill someone in real life because of the mental issues you raised, shouldn't you be on CNN talking about how video games cause violence? 

There is no difference between killing a NPC or a player, both are pixels on the screen and there is no direct link between you and either one of them. You are trying to justify that people are playing the game wrong when in truth they are playing the game exactly how it is designed. As I stated, if you can't handle PvP in an open world game with PvP elements then please quit the game or stick to safe-zones. 

You're crying over the fact that anonymous people killed your pixels and the only way you can deal with is by labelling them as less mentally proficient than you. Please seek psychiatric help, because the only sociopath here is you. :) 

A1URiRo.png

Please research a game before trying to discuss it. :) 

Please believe everything you are told without question.   BDO is supposed to be a sandbox and was promoted as such and just because there is PVP in the game doesn't means it is only PVP.  It also specifically says the PVP is during node wars and siege wars, not while someone is afk fishing.  Word comprehension is a wonderful thing try it sometime.  By trying to defend griefing all you and everyone else are doing is showing you are one of the undesirable element in these games that most players would rather see gone.

Posted

And griefing is against TOS, usualy they should be reported.