• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Awakened Dark Knights Are Ruining The Game

26 posts in this topic

Posted

They're all over every grind spot, always soloing, never sharing, always socially maladjusted.

Please send help.

3 people like this

Posted

I made a joke on a youtube video that black desert's character population is heading towards young ladies and old men.

1 person likes this

Posted

They're all over every grind spot, always soloing, never sharing, always socially maladjusted.

Please send help.

Then kill them and take the spot.

:D

Posted

I really wonder. Will there ever come a time when people realize that Black Desert is not a game for group pve? you just lose out in every aspect if you grind in a group. You get less exp, you get less skillpoints, you get less money, ... And if you want a spot, just fight for it or switch channel and keep looking. There is not a single class in this game that is unbeatable if you are good and especially dark knights die very easy once you catch them.

Solo in this game = fun, efficient, for winners.

if you group : you will always cry, be weak, and post loser stuff in the forums.

Posted

Then kill them and take the spot.

:D

Then, Karma bomb them :)

Posted

I really wonder. Will there ever come a time when people realize that Black Desert is not a game for group pve? you just lose out in every aspect if you grind in a group. You get less exp, you get less skillpoints, you get less money, ... And if you want a spot, just fight for it or switch channel and keep looking. There is not a single class in this game that is unbeatable if you are good and especially dark knights die very easy once you catch them.

if you group : you will always cry, be weak, and post loser stuff in the forums.

"I really wonder"...what's the point of playing a mmo if you always have to be soloing ? Why don't you just play Skyrim ?
What's even the point in BDO being a mmo if it doesn't encourage group play ? The game is broken, it doesn't work, realize it, it doesn't take much.

Regarding classes not being unbeatable if you are good.....no....wait, are you serious ? Are you assuming that this game goes as far as allowing you to beat other people "if you are good" ? Your level and your gear are the only things that matter in this game...and the more your class is broken the easier it becomes to win ( Awakened wizards and witches being a prime example of it ).

Yes, soloing in BDO makes you earn more skill points , exp , silver....but it should not be like this ;  this game offers plenty of examples of things that shouldn't work as they actually do but since players keep not caring about working towards improving the game every single negative aspect of BDO stays the same.

A massive multiplayer online game should be meant to make people play in....guess what ? Multiplayer ! And multiplayer involves grouping up , chatting , doing activities togheter and cooperating ( even talking about competitive aspects of the game such as pvp....you win in a team battle thanks to how much your team can cooperate with you ). 

That said, if complaining about things that do not work means being weak and posting loser stuff....it really means I shouldn't waste any more words.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

"I really wonder"...what's the point of playing a mmo if you always have to be soloing ? Why don't you just play Skyrim ?What's even the point in BDO being a mmo if it doesn't encourage group play ? The game is broken, it doesn't work, realize it, it doesn't take much.

Regarding classes not being unbeatable if you are good.....no....wait, are you serious ? Are you assuming that this game goes as far as allowing you to beat other people "if you are good" ? Your level and your gear are the only things that matter in this game...and the more your class is broken the easier it becomes to win ( Awakened wizards and witches being a prime example of it ).

Yes, soloing in BDO makes you earn more skill points , exp , silver....but it should not be like this ;  this game offers plenty of examples of things that shouldn't work as they actually do but since players keep not caring about working towards improving the game every single negative aspect of BDO stays the same.

A massive multiplayer online game should be meant to make people play in....guess what ? Multiplayer ! And multiplayer involves grouping up , chatting , doing activities togheter and cooperating ( even talking about competitive aspects of the game such as pvp....you win in a team battle thanks to how much your team can cooperate with you ). 

That said, if complaining about things that do not work means being weak and posting loser stuff....it really means I shouldn't waste any more words.

Well, I do have a guild atm but no one in there except one of my alts.

The reason I play solo atm is that I am just to busy leveling my character up, runing quests, grind quests and all other PvE stuff. On the side I build my first Epheria Sailboat and this needs alot of worker management, collecting 1000 logs a day... and so on. There is just little time right now to chat with guild members, runing quests with them.

After my boat is finished and I have awakening on one char (currently lvl 55,5) then I finaly move my stuff to Valencia (most stuff is already there) to continue the journey. Then I will think about recruiting and play with others.

It is not bad to play solo for a while. The game mechanics in BDO is not exactly a social play system right now and you can even see that in how difficult it is to open a guild, get a guild house... it´s all a nightmare.

Edited by Nevaee

Posted

Well, I do have a guild atm but no one in there except one of my alts.

The reason I play solo atm is that I am just to busy leveling my character up, runing quests, grind quests and all other PvE stuff. On the side I build my first Epheria Sailboat and this needs alot of worker management, collecting 1000 logs a day... and so on. There is just little time right now to chat with guild members, runing quests with them.

After my boat is finished and I have awakening on one char (currently lvl 55,5) then I finaly move my stuff to Valencia (most stuff is already there) to continue the journey. Then I will think about recruiting and play with others.

It is not bad to play solo for a while. The game mechanics in BDO is not exactly a social play system right now and you can even see that in how difficult it is to open a guild, get a guild house... it´s all a nightmare.

The point is not soloing per se.....as much as the fact that a mmorpg such as BDO seems to encourage soloing a lot more than party play.

I've been playing many mmos and I don't mind leveling on my own as well as with friends and so on...and the same goes for quests....
but talking about PVE, while soloing should be just as viable as it is right now....it shouldn't be "the best option".
BDO does actually nerf your skill points , experience points and silver earnt if you party up with people or even friends....and this is a massive turn down for players who are actually playing a game that should be a multiplayer game...I mean...what's the logic ? 

As for leveling....you didn't hit the soft cap yet but let me tell you that after 56 it gets quite tedious to grind xp and silver with it.....and not being able to grind cause lone wolves will keep one spot locked, won't party up with you cause it would be a bad on their end ( less xp , money ,ecc...again ) , and will prefer attacking and killing you on sight instead....eeeh....it's not so fun. "Yes, but you can pvp them off with some skill" , no....not in this game....you need to have a similar gear level to theirs in order to do so and even then your level has to be similar to theirs cause otherwise they are always going to have access to more skills , better multipliers and addons.
"There are alternative grinding spots though" , true but not so true....the only grinding spots that do actually count towards progressing relatively quickly will essentially be two or three ( pirates , sausans , fogans...maybe a couple more...) and if you can not grind at those you won't be able to catch up with the other players...but again...they are always full of people, people who generally don't want to party up , people who'd rather fight for the spot....and the most overgeared player wins.

Valencia is really nice but there's not much there to be honest....Mediah still provides better xp + money and so does the pirates island. In any case, enjoy the exploration and the story. Guild content is nice too but quite limited since there aren't any dungeons or battlegrounds that will ever make you think "I need a guild for this" ; you can solo from the beginning up to the very end and BDO is centered around soloing .

It simply shouldn't work this way, not in an online game ( unless it's a fps or something....but even games such as Overwatch reward team play and competitive rotates around groups of static people who know eachother and play togheter ).

BDO does actually have many flaws , this is one of the most evident ones ; the game is online and yet it could simply not be, it wouldn't make a difference as it always feels like you are playing alone. There are many players around you hardly ever see them interacting, they only do during guild / siege wars and to fight eachother in order to gain control over a spot.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

In my opinion (sry for my first post, maybe a bit tooo harsh), this game simply does not support group pve. Which for me is fine, because the group/mmo content is not found in pve, but the pvp system. You have a really fun and awesome node/siege war system for people with different strengths (tier 1-3 nodes, territory/castle sieges). 

What i think is the main issue here, is that people always want to grind in what is known as "the best grind spots in the game", as in sausans, pirates, and maybe gahaz. And then they realize that they cant really do that because there are other people as well, that might play the game longer/more, are better geared, are higher level, or have better pvp knowledge of their class, so they wont really be able to enjoy the pve grind in those spots. But instead of maybe looking for a spot that might not seem to be as efficient, because it is not one of the top spots, they want to party up/grief/karma bomb/whatever and finally, end up in the forums complaining about classes being op.

The thing is, most people that are strong nowadays started weak as well. They didnt just go to sausans/pirates, they started at manshas/catfish, worked their way up to helms/manes/rogues when mediah was released, then they slowly started to grind elrics/sausans when their gear and level allowed it, and then there were a few that were even able to grind pirates when it was released.

Nowadays people rush to 50 or even 56 (with how fast it is, not their fault), and then expect to do those "big boy" grind spots instantly, while skipping the "low tier" spots and not even having the gear to efficiently grind any of the better spots. If they would just start as people used to and go to the lower grind spots, there wouldnt be that much of an issue. They would be able to find people that are maybe more even in pvp because of more equal gear/level/skill, would in the end make more money (exp maybe not, but exp is secondary if you have no gear at all) because less pvp/getting pushed out by stronger people and enjoy the game more. There are actually a few spots in mediah that provide good money, maybe with the cost of less exp and maybe with money not being as good as sausans, but enough to get better gear and without having to fight stronger opponents for a spot all the time.

But this is just my opinion. I for my part enjoy seeing a 5 man party at pirate main spot that tries to push me out of my spots with pvp threats ("we are 5, just leave or die"), and in the end i wipe them and even their attempts of outgrinding me dont work because they are just not fit for pirates yet.

Edited by Zycrus
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Well, even awakend and with soft cap there are cool grinding spots in Valencia/Media and I do not mean Sausans.

Other than that you can also produce stuff, sell it and make silver. Many options it must not be grinding all the time. But you are all right - social factor in regards of PvE are slim.

Edited by Nevaee

Posted

They are adding heavy bonuses for group play pretty soon. Like 200% xp or something similar. A long with a group finder-like tool. 

2 people like this

Posted

"I really wonder"...what's the point of playing a mmo if you always have to be soloing ? Why don't you just play Skyrim ?What's even the point in BDO being a mmo if it doesn't encourage group play ? The game is broken, it doesn't work, realize it, it doesn't take much.

go play wow pls.

the game isn't broken. grinding is a solo activity. if you want group pve, go either do GKs, Aakman or Hystria. or simply go play wow and stop complaining.

1 person likes this

Posted

Please send help.

Who on their right mind would share a spot?

Like honestly if you have the power why would you ever share a spot and make things slower for yourself and lose out on loot if you're also grinding.

Until we get that exp bonus for partying with others there is absolutely no point for people like me to share spots without contesting.

Please come at me with you're whole MMOs are to play with other people discussion, people play games differently youre opinion is not the same as others and i dont know why you would try to enforce that on other people.

Posted

Who on their right mind would share a spot?

Like honestly if you have the power why would you ever share a spot and make things slower for yourself and lose out on loot if you're also grinding.

Until we get that exp bonus for partying with others there is absolutely no point for people like me to share spots without contesting.

Please come at me with you're whole MMOs are to play with other people discussion, people play games differently youre opinion is not the same as others and i dont know why you would try to enforce that on other people.

Howbout making friends?  Doesn't it get lonely out there? Hundreds of hours all by yourself?  I'll be your friend ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 person likes this

Posted

I can't tell you how many times I've been grinding, I see someone in my spot.  I tell them, "group, fight me or leave" and more often than not, they leave.

I mean, i can't even get a decent fight unless they're ambushing me.  :P

Posted

go play wow pls.

the game isn't broken. grinding is a solo activity. if you want group pve, go either do GKs, Aakman or Hystria. or simply go play wow and stop complaining.

go play skyrim pls.

The game is broken. No one ever said grinding has to be done alone. This is a mmo, soloing shouldn't be encouraged nor a must. If you want to solo go playing offline games and stop complaining.

2 people like this

Posted

plays mmo for playing alone -> go and play tetris.

Posted

Grouping sucks in this game 

im happythat the big gains are made via solo play, cause grinding in a group usually means running after the strongest player in the group while he one shots the packs and you pick of the one or two left behind 

Posted

go play skyrim pls.
The game is broken. No one ever said grinding has to be done alone. This is a mmo, soloing shouldn't be encouraged nor a must. If you want to solo go playing offline games and stop complaining.

grinding is a solo activity, buddy. grouping isn't efficient until Aakman.

Posted

grinding is a solo activity, buddy. grouping isn't efficient until Aakman.

Okay, again...
Yes, in BDO....it is....
But it shouldn't be. There's no point in this game being a mmo if you don't actually party up with people to do content , be it pvp / pve / grinding / whatever you want.
People shouldn't be penalized for grinding with friends however nor to party up with others , even considering the lack of grinding spots.
I am not talking about how the things actually are in game, I'm expressing my idea about how they should be.

Posted

First of all dark knights are getting a lot of attention because they are a new class, just like ninja and wizard awakening the flavor of the month. I have decent stats but  yet killed by other players so it goes to say that dark knights are not overpowered. Pvp takes good gear and good skill to kill people. The Game is big with alot of grind spots I usually go to the desert because nobody is ever there. Players need to spend more time becoming more skilled and less complaining. 

Posted

Some of you are so funny that I couldn't resist to add sth. First of all there is no such called rule that grinding in MMO needs to be group content. That's WoW-like games thing.

BDO encourages solo grind because it's more competitive and fun. Solo grind doesn't mean lonely hours spent on killing mobs. On best spots in game there is more pvp content than pve just becasue you need to fight for money and exp. The true endgame in BDO is GROUP pvp and all that pve which we have is only a process to get stronger and experienced before jumping in a node war.

For crybabies like some of you they even added group "dungeons" like Aakman or Hystria but i guess you will never enter these spots becasue you are just weak and bad in this game, always crying someone hits you. 

1 person likes this

Posted

That's in it's current state, A lot of Koreans once the Kamasil content came around tried doing everything solo there and could not. They decided to get in a group and do it and while they did get XP for it, still, it was not enough XP for the time spent, hence them going back to the same ole routine of Sausuans and Pirates grinding.  I can say this, a lot of people who enjoy grinding together and don't mind the longer XP grind "in a group" will enjoy the up and coming Kamasil content, but those who want the solo experience and not to be bothered will still be doing the same stuff you currently are, meaning you will bored as shit and most likely take a break from the game until they fix these issues.

On a note, they made Kamasil not solo friendly and I have watched level 60-61 250 AP 290-300 DP people get slaughtered by them mobs, so be ready for this.

Posted

go play skyrim pls.

Yup, this pretty much hits the nail on the head, though it's funny how some people say "go back to WoW" when WoW was the first MMO to encourage AND promote solo-play. Before WoW was even a thing, soloing was seen as something only the prestigious/elite would be capable of, if only because mobs could not be soloed by the average player.

Posted

That's in it's current state, A lot of Koreans once the Kamasil content came around tried doing everything solo there and could not. They decided to get in a group and do it and while they did get XP for it, still, it was not enough XP for the time spent, hence them going back to the same ole routine of Sausuans and Pirates grinding.  I can say this, a lot of people who enjoy grinding together and don't mind the longer XP grind "in a group" will enjoy the up and coming Kamasil content, but those who want the solo experience and not to be bothered will still be doing the same stuff you currently are, meaning you will bored as shit and most likely take a break from the game until they fix these issues.

On a note, they made Kamasil not solo friendly and I have watched level 60-61 250 AP 290-300 DP people get slaughtered by them mobs, so be ready for this.

i am ready, but you are talking about future content. With the game we have right now, except aakman and hystria (where grouping is actually a lot of fun), grouping just makes no sense.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0