• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

@devs [PVE]: Damage Normalization or Gear AP Bug?

208 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

@CM_Aethon

We've noticed that something seriously strange is going on with AP calculations in PVE.  We had 2 warrior friends and myself as a wizard attack different types of mobs with 210+ AP and then attack with over 100 AP less and we're doing the same damage with far less gear on (not affecting PVP).  

I ENCOURAGE ALL OF YOU GUYS TO GO TEST THIS FOR YOURSELF. 

Did the developers normalize PVE damage across the board for all classes (because that's what it seems like).  This may also be why some people have noticed that certain off-hands are more effective than before and this is not since the last "DP patch" but even before.   If what I'm fearing is true, this means there's almost no point in using your best gear in PVE if they've normalized it all. 

Wizard screenshots using Water Sphere on Agile Mane.  First screenshot with 213 AP and the second with ALL accessories taken off: 

1n7mzBK.jpg

3Wkki8k.jpg

Warrior test on Wandering Rogues:

M6kgzSb.jpg

GolliDP.jpg

He then used a GREEN AWAKENING WEAPON... SAME DAMAGE.

bI0yzDJ.jpg

What the hell is going on?

Edited by Proto
25 people like this

Posted

hmmm thats is very interesting indeed 

Posted

Tested on my DK by removing 90 AP worth of accessories grinding Sulfur Mine, damage remained the same with NO accessories.

Posted (edited)

Just did a few hits on the same mobs (giant manes) using judgement. Damage was within 5 % when removing 60 AP worth of accs. I feel like someone need to do some real testing on this.

Hypothesis: There is a max dmg you can do to mobs in a single skill?

Edited by dersten
1 person likes this

Posted

Just did a few hits on the same mobs (giant manes) using judgement. Damage was within 5 % when removing 60 AP worth of accs. I feel like someone need to do some real testing on this.

Hypothesis: There is a max dmg you can do to mobs in a single skill?

It could be this.

Max Amount of Damager per hit = X% of health

Max Amount of Damage +Crit = Y% of health

With the modifiers being slightly influenced by the skills that you level up.

Posted

What they might have done is put damage caps on mobs. Lower level mobs obviously having lower damage thresholds. 

2 people like this

Posted

proto - you should go try Pila Ku or mobs that are higher lvl and see if that is actually the case and see if they did put in a possible max damage cap. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I was wondering why I couldn't tell a difference in damage between my +14 ult awakening vs my DUO Dande on my DK....

@CM_Aethon Can we have this looked into plz.

Edited by Nimalla

Posted (edited)

I just tested this vs Crazy jacks as a 59 Wiz and With more AP I killed them with Water Sphere faster then when I did it with lower AP  dont test vs grey mobs next time

Edited by Acover
1 person likes this

Posted

Kakao is on the good way !  No more P2W.  P2W = people are scared and leave the game

No more mobs steal. Same PVE damage for ALL !

1 person likes this

Posted

Wonder how this works with bosses. :thinking: 

Posted

I just tested this vs Crazy jacks as a 59 Wiz and With more AP I killed them with Water Sphere faster then when I did it with lower AP  dont test vs grey mobs next time

My dmg is the same vs red mobs with 28 AP difference... When I get home, i'll widen the gap and test some more.

Posted

Will test this on my main (Maehwa) later

2017-04-14_1351396834.JPG

2017-04-14_1351374379.JPG

Posted

I was testing on my level 58 DK at Sulfur Mine. Dropped from 245 awakened to 118 awakened and was grinding almost as fast. The 'almost' part comes from the fact I removed my TET RCE. When I put it back on my grind speed was back to as fast as before. So accuracy still matters, but LOL PvE AP.

3 people like this

Posted

Accuracy>AP

1 person likes this

Posted

that's a good thing then, the RNG gear crap to win would have point for pvp only.

If its not a bug, that's cool

2 people like this

Posted

that's a good thing then, the RNG gear crap to win would have point for pvp only.

Implying all classes grind at the same speed with the same gear. Which, for the record, they don't. 

If they were trying to "normalize" pve clear speed, nerfing ap is only half the battle.

Posted (edited)

I was testing on my level 58 DK at Sulfur Mine. Dropped from 245 awakened to 118 awakened and was grinding almost as fast. The 'almost' part comes from the fact I removed my TET RCE. When I put it back on my grind speed was back to as fast as before. So accuracy still matters, but LOL PvE AP.

Could also be (I really hope I'm wrong) that only MH/awak wep determines PvE dmg.

EDIT: Missed the last picture, when he was using a shitty awak wep.

Edited by dersten

Posted

Implying all classes grind at the same speed with the same gear. Which, for the record, they don't. 

If they were trying to "normalize" pve clear speed, nerfing ap is only half the battle.

IF its not a bug, that's still a step forward to clear up that RNG gear crap 2 win from pve. Like the DP boost in pvp.

better than nothing.

And yep, the class balance is still a crap, they, for now, still didnt REALLY made anything for that.

Posted

Could also be (I really hope I'm wrong) that only MH/awak wep determines PvE dmg.

The original tester of this was using an unranked green awakening weapon and doing the same damage. Kzarka has accuracy on it, which does create a difference in how much you hit.

Posted

rip pve

Posted

Now this thread is popcorn worthy!

George-Costanza-Popcorn.gif

Eagerly awaiting the conclusion.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Tin foil OP.

Did this test at Cadry just shuffling 25 AP, from 190 down, level 58 Sorc.  There was a noticeable difference.  Same test at Sulfur mines, much more difficult to tell.  The mobs are so tanky.

On a side note, there was a huge difference dropping 30 DP, from 305 down to 275.  (Also lost evasion though.)

Edited by Hans_Rex
v

Posted

Meh I'll try this when I get home. This forum is too full of trolls to believe it otherwise. 

Posted (edited)

giphy.gif

Edited by Beeso
<insert panic mode>
3 people like this