• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kutum DOES seem to have hidden damage (testing within)

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Alright so I tried to simplify my results here. To be concise I've pared the screenshot down. 

Methodology:

Level 57 warrior.

Level 57 Cadry Fighter (white to 57 warrior) - icon above his head shows human mob

Using Hilt Strike ability 4x on front of mob (867%x2 with 100% crit rate). This was repeated with health bar screenshots 5 times per mob to make sure I was hitting 100% accuracy and there was no deviation. There were tiny differences, I assume due to the damage range on weapons/shields (13-15 for example), so I took the median result of each for the screenshot below. I did not miss a hit during the entire test, this was verified both by consistently of health bars after the tests and because I was using an attack that only hits 2x methodically used 4 times in a row, so I would have noticed a massive difference in damage from one attack to another. 

Comparison: TRI Vangertz with 1x Crit Damage crystal vs DUO Kutum with 1x Crit Damage crystal (1 slot left open)

demhealthbars.thumb.png.7f87590cf989b21c

In order to get 164AP with the DUO Kutum, I removed a single DUO Blue Coral Earring (-8AP). 

I used the gridlines to count the total cells removed from each healthbar in order to attain percentages.

DUO Kutum going from 164AP to 172AP = a 4.9% increase in damage. 172AP is 4.88% more AP than 164, so this makes sense and follows the theory that AP scales linearly. 

DUO Kutum with 164AP vs Tri Vangertz with 163 AP = 12% increase in damage. This result suggests to me that there is something about this Kutum which causes a damage increase that I would expect to be equivalent with adding 19AP. 

If we further consider that a DUO Nouver has 12 more AP than a DUO Kutum, and assume that Nouver doesn't have the hidden damage component that we are seeing evidence of with Kutum, then Kutum should actually be doing more damage than Nouver in PVE, as others have attempted to show in their own tests. 

I'm going to try testing on some other mob types, and on players when I get a chance. 

Someone suggested to me that maybe offhand AP is counted differently from accessory AP, but there was some pretty thorough testing recently posted to verify the difference between awakened and mainhand AP, which determined that offhands and crystals gave the same AP benefit as AP gained from accessories. 

edit: something I didn't even consider was the +1 special attack damage innate to the Vangertz that should apply to critical hits. This makes the Kutum look even better as far as hidden stats go. 

Edited by Kutsuu
7 people like this

Posted

test on Non-human mobs as I'm sure it was datamined to have human damage too aswell as monster damage.

Posted (edited)

test on Non-human mobs as I'm sure it was datamined to have human damage too aswell as monster damage.

^ you see this is why I test things myself. The data mine you're referring to was not successful in pulling accuracy or hidden damage stats. The bdoleaks guy who posted it said all the hidden dmg seemed to have been moved server side along with accuracy. Are you just making things up or did you just read someone else say it and believe them? 

Here is the pastebin for Kutum: https://pastebin.com/F77QZ4hv

Meanings: https://pastebin.com/zXchz2dT

And his reply saying it's server side: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/5vdklq/bdos_real_meta/de1qill/

Also in before someone says "but bruh it's because Kutum has accuracy" 

Edited by Kutsuu

Posted

Resistances decrease damage?

Posted

good idea but i dont think it has to do with resistance or the bonus damage should work in PvP as well, which it doesnt.

you can find some more tests about Kutum here:

Posted

Very unlikely, as those resistances are only for CC. You'd also see people posting significant damage increases with precision gems in mainhand weapon. 

Posted

It is well-known that kutum has hidden PVE bonus.

Posted

By now I suppose it is, although more people sharing their test results validates the fact and increases the chance of spreading the knowledge. Tbh I hadn't seen much proper testing other than my own which I've ben too lazy to document :D

Posted

Most of the other tests I've seen didn't take accuracy, critical chance, or down/air attacks into account. I wanted to be sure before I committed to keeping a Kutum in my inventory, so I tried to do a more controlled test. 

Posted (edited)

Apologies for lack of documentation here, but I don't record much of anything.

Still, I recently had a 60 warrior use Vangertz, Kutum and Nouver each 3 times in a test for his combo on me.  He said he had 206 AP.  This is vs my 291 DP (DUO Muskan, evasion gems in helmet).

Vangertz and Nouver did about the same damage, the combo brought me down to 22-25%.

Kutum reliably got me down to about 10-12%

He had TRI on all three, TET kzarka/Dande Great Sword

Though if there is better than anecdotal evidence saying his was a fluke, I can easily accept that. :P

He hit another Tamer with about 12 less DP and could 1 combo them half the time, and didn't seem to matter which off hand he used.

Edited by Alrikmerc
Forgotten details

Posted (edited)

Apologies for lack of documentation here, but I don't record much of anything.

Still, I recently had a 60 warrior use Vangertz, Kutum and Nouver each 3 times in a test for his combo on me.  He said he had 206 AP.  This is vs my 291 DP (DUO Muskan, evasion gems in helmet).

Vangertz and Nouver did about the same damage, the combo brought me down to 22-25%.

Kutum reliably got me down to about 10-12%

He had TRI on all three, TET kzarka/Dande Great Sword

Though if there is better than anecdotal evidence saying his was a fluke, I can easily accept that. :P

He hit another Tamer with about 12 less DP and could 1 combo them half the time, and didn't seem to matter which off hand he used.

this is too unreliable. maybe it was because of accuracy, but from other tests we know that Kutum's extra accuracy is really low, so it was probably just RNG. i tested Kutum's damage in PvP before and there was no increased damage, unlike PvE.

This was only a very quick test for myself as well, so i didnt take notes of all the stats, but it was using a 100% crit skill only counting attacks with 100% hit and of course no back attack / down attack or other modifiers.

numbers show the HP left (higher number means less damage done):

TRI Kutum:

TRI Nouver

TRI Jubre

I can assure that Nouver and Kutum had the same crystals, i dont remember if i used 1 crit crystal in each to simulate the +1 special attack of jubre though (it affects the crit damage).
Edited by Alexiel

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0